• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:04
CEST 10:04
KST 17:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6954 users

STUPIDEST Ticket you ever got./For ANYTHING - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
AmstAff
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany949 Posts
April 08 2010 21:56 GMT
#21
rofl what prices do you have in the usa? 2-3 years ago i always parked my car in non parking zones, because there were not enough park slots at my school and i was to lazy to stand up earlier and that was only 10-25€ per ticket each time. and for driving to fast (20km/h more than allowed) only 15€.

after 2 years i reached it = marine icon
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
April 08 2010 21:58 GMT
#22
$120 ticket for wearing headphones while riding my bike. campus PD is lame
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 08 2010 22:01 GMT
#23
I got pulled over 2 months into having my license. Granted, I was driving too fast (83 in a 65 zone), but it was the first beautiful day of spring, and I was able to drive my new(old) 1987 BMW 325i with the windows down and the sun roof open. I wasn't even the only one going that fast, I was in a pack of 3 or 4 other cars, but I got picked out probably cuz my car was all shiny and such. Got a $300 ticket for going 18 over the speed limit. Damn Connecticut and its super strict driving laws...
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
TurbulentTurtle
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada230 Posts
April 08 2010 22:02 GMT
#24
I bought a ticket to an Opeth concert once.
Don't worry, I left after Dark Tranquillity, so it's fine.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 22:10:35
April 08 2010 22:08 GMT
#25
I've only gotten one ticket and I deserved it as I was speeding. 131 in 110 but he dropped it to 120. I think it was like $60. No big deal.

I also got pulled over in Korea and had to take a breathalizer. LOL

Oh I just realized I got a ticket for parking in Mikeymoo's lot without signing in on his sheet. Like I literally just opened the letter 20 minutes ago. I sent an email saying I'm not paying it though since it's not a government ticket.
Moderator
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
April 08 2010 22:08 GMT
#26
On April 09 2010 06:58 BlackJack wrote:
$120 ticket for wearing headphones while riding my bike. campus PD is lame

why did you stop? they aren't real cops just keep riding and give them the finger!
Sosha
Profile Joined August 2004
United States749 Posts
April 08 2010 22:12 GMT
#27
well, thankfully at the time I didn't actually get a ticked for this:
was pulled over for speeding (although I was sitting at a red light at the time [did get a ticket for that]) officer tells me that its ILLEGAL to have ipod headphones in while driving.. I'm like wtf?? u serious!?
"Yep, it's illegal to have both ears covered or filled"..
I didn't even have 'em on at the time, but i'm sure he prolly didn't believe that. But ya, got a ticket for speeding like 10 over, for like 5 seconds, before I came up to a red light.. and he red-lights me as im turning left from the red light...

dumb if u ask me..
Tranquility through fluid Motion. GlowBabyGlow.
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
April 08 2010 22:15 GMT
#28
On April 09 2010 07:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I got pulled over 2 months into having my license. Granted, I was driving too fast (83 in a 65 zone), but it was the first beautiful day of spring, and I was able to drive my new(old) 1987 BMW 325i with the windows down and the sun roof open. I wasn't even the only one going that fast, I was in a pack of 3 or 4 other cars, but I got picked out probably cuz my car was all shiny and such. Got a $300 ticket for going 18 over the speed limit. Damn Connecticut and its super strict driving laws...


So you were going fast, you acknowledge you were going fast, and you're still mad? If you get a ticket and you deserve it don't complain about how your friend didn't get one. You deserve that fine if you've been driving for 2 months and are going 18 over.
Life is Good.
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
April 08 2010 22:16 GMT
#29
On April 09 2010 06:58 BlackJack wrote:
$120 ticket for wearing headphones while riding my bike. campus PD is lame

I would just say I don't have ID and give a fake name, since bikes don't have license plates.
2WeaK
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada550 Posts
April 08 2010 22:19 GMT
#30
I got a ticket for passing through a green light... Biggest waste of time in my life having to go to court to say that the light was green won my cause. :O
yare
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
507 Posts
April 08 2010 22:22 GMT
#31
I was riding my quad on some trails under high tension power lines with two friends. Cops came and gave us all tickets "Riding on private property without written permission."

One friend talked to the solicitor, he got the fine waved, but pleaded guilty. My other friend just paid the ticket it was something like $50.

I went before the judge. He agreed to reduce the charges against me to "Failure to follow the rules." The fine for that was $75 (more then if I had just paid it!).

I'd say a ticket for failure to follow the rules is about the most asinine.

I just got a warning for getting in a turn lane to early. Traffic was backed up and only moved about 4 car lengths a light cycle. After 3 cycles of waiting I was close enough to see the light, so I got in the turn lane. Only time I could truly tell the cop I had no clue why he pulled me over. That would be the winner but it wasn't a ticket.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
April 08 2010 22:27 GMT
#32
Not Driving, but you asked "stupidest ticket"...

I went to visit my friend via Metrolink in LA... and we went to take the subway back to his house. 40$ ticket for drinking a Dr.Pepper on the platform. Yes... I had the nerd rage.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
April 08 2010 22:35 GMT
#33
On April 09 2010 07:16 reincremate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2010 06:58 BlackJack wrote:
$120 ticket for wearing headphones while riding my bike. campus PD is lame

I would just say I don't have ID and give a fake name, since bikes don't have license plates.

Or better yet, fake some ear illness.
nitram
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada5412 Posts
April 08 2010 22:48 GMT
#34
Once i was passing someone in an 80 that turned into a 60 right after i passed the guy. Got a $100 ticket for that shit.
These sites might be of more use than a StarCraft site, where the majority of posters look on WCIII as the dense misformed fetus produced during Blizzards latest miscarrige.
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
April 08 2010 22:50 GMT
#35
Well this may not be the stupidest ticket, more like the stupidest person to get a ticket but anyway here it go's. Recently I moved to Arizona to live in "the nerd house",basically EG's sc2 house. Anyways I was traveling back to California to drop off my dad's truck and get my car. I started the drive at 4 am without sleeping the whole day "yea im fucking retarded" . So anyways im driving down the 60 which turns into the I-10 , the highway that go's straight to LA when i start seeing all these flashes while im driving. I kinda think nothing of it at first, maby im just tired and seeing things, WRONG. I had never seen those god damn camera's on the side of the road that give you fucking speeding ticket's before because they never had them in California, or at least anywhere where I had lived my entire life, so anyways to make a long story short I got 4 speeding tickets in like a 4 mile area before I noticed, and yea I kinda drive fast at 4 am when their are no cars around so I was going about 15 miles over the limit on all of them.

FML
I'm like, the coolest
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 23:01:47
April 08 2010 23:01 GMT
#36
Haven't had a stupid ticket yet. Parked on the street where a permit is required next to a restaurant I was eating at in Newport, RI in the summer (mad crowded town) because the ticket was twice the price of real parking and I was gonna get lost as shit if i went searching for a lot. Didn't regret it lol.

Nothing else yet.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Ghost151
Profile Joined May 2008
United States290 Posts
April 08 2010 23:06 GMT
#37
Missouri Highway Patrolman gave me a ticket for totaling my Blazer my junior year in HS.

"Unsafe lane change" for losing control and going off the road, somewhere around 70 or 90 bucks.

I don't even know where to start with this one, but it doesn't matter. The most retarded part was as part of my sentence reduction I had to attend a Defensive Driving course, which really makes sense seeing as I was totally alone on the road that night at midnight -_-
fuck art its a competition if you dont get pissed off when you lose you dont care enough - Idra, on the "art" of RTS games.
remedy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States61 Posts
April 08 2010 23:48 GMT
#38
On April 09 2010 07:02 TurbulentTurtle wrote:
I bought a ticket to an Opeth concert once.
Don't worry, I left after Dark Tranquillity, so it's fine.


LOL good stuff, good stuff

my most memorable ticket was for a lane violation while improper passing another vehicle with 5 retards in it right after the rotary exit in heavy rain conditions going uphill

was driving a 1986 z28, no inspection sticker, no seatbelt, no blinker

cop said it was something like 400 r 500$ for everything but i told him those guys were stoners and they kept braking in front of me and gave me a finger rofl. So he warned me not to road rage no matter how bad those ppl are and lowered it to 150$

good times
all this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I've fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there's nothing I can say that's good enough
remedy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States61 Posts
April 08 2010 23:53 GMT
#39
On April 09 2010 07:50 Machine[USA] wrote:
Well this may not be the stupidest ticket, more like the stupidest person to get a ticket but anyway here it go's. Recently I moved to Arizona to live in "the nerd house",basically EG's sc2 house. Anyways I was traveling back to California to drop off my dad's truck and get my car. I started the drive at 4 am without sleeping the whole day "yea im fucking retarded" . So anyways im driving down the 60 which turns into the I-10 , the highway that go's straight to LA when i start seeing all these flashes while im driving. I kinda think nothing of it at first, maby im just tired and seeing things, WRONG. I had never seen those god damn camera's on the side of the road that give you fucking speeding ticket's before because they never had them in California, or at least anywhere where I had lived my entire life, so anyways to make a long story short I got 4 speeding tickets in like a 4 mile area before I noticed, and yea I kinda drive fast at 4 am when their are no cars around so I was going about 15 miles over the limit on all of them.

FML


ROFL did they add them up? how much is this
all this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I've fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there's nothing I can say that's good enough
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
April 08 2010 23:57 GMT
#40
It's okay. Our town, due to state budget cut, is trying to ticket random Asians for random reasons just because they are Asian.
ppp
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 57m
Patches Events
6h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 57m
OSC
14h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.