• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:05
CEST 10:05
KST 17:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6993 users

STUPIDEST Ticket you ever got./For ANYTHING - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
April 09 2010 00:45 GMT
#41
Never got a ticket, but I got a verbal warning, and a written warning. The verbal warning I was FOLLOWING a MD state trooper. He was going 65 mph and I was following at approximately the same speed. (A friend had told me it was legal to go the same speed as a police officer if you're behind them, and me having been a stupid 16 year old new driver, I believed him.) Anyway the trooper pulls over on the side of the road, and then follows me as I drive past, and then pulls me over and then yells at me, and then basically tells me to GTFO before giving me a yellow piece of paper and leaving....

The second time I got really lucky. I was going 58 in a 40 mph zone, went right past a speed trap, and the cop pulled me over. He told me that he was only going to give me a written warning because apparently when he was the same age as me, he got pulled over on the same road for going the same speed.
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
April 09 2010 00:45 GMT
#42
On April 09 2010 08:57 supernovamaniac wrote:
It's okay. Our town, due to state budget cut, is trying to ticket random Asians for random reasons just because they are Asian.


Is that what bad Asian drivers tell themselves?
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
April 09 2010 00:48 GMT
#43
On April 09 2010 09:45 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Never got a ticket, but I got a verbal warning, and a written warning. The verbal warning I was FOLLOWING a MD state trooper. He was going 65 mph and I was following at approximately the same speed. (A friend had told me it was legal to go the same speed as a police officer if you're behind them, and me having been a stupid 16 year old new driver, I believed him.) Anyway the trooper pulls over on the side of the road, and then follows me as I drive past, and then pulls me over and then yells at me, and then basically tells me to GTFO before giving me a yellow piece of paper and leaving....


What was the speed limit when you were going 65?
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
April 09 2010 00:51 GMT
#44
On April 09 2010 09:48 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2010 09:45 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Never got a ticket, but I got a verbal warning, and a written warning. The verbal warning I was FOLLOWING a MD state trooper. He was going 65 mph and I was following at approximately the same speed. (A friend had told me it was legal to go the same speed as a police officer if you're behind them, and me having been a stupid 16 year old new driver, I believed him.) Anyway the trooper pulls over on the side of the road, and then follows me as I drive past, and then pulls me over and then yells at me, and then basically tells me to GTFO before giving me a yellow piece of paper and leaving....


What was the speed limit when you were going 65?

Oh sorry. Speed limit was 50
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-09 00:54:57
April 09 2010 00:54 GMT
#45
Driving 90km/h on a 3 lane divided highway without any construction in sight got me a $200 ticket once for speeding in a construction zone.
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
April 09 2010 00:57 GMT
#46
I did 110 in a 55 zone with my old Nissan 240sx with an sr20det blacktop engine (illegal engine from japan) while racing a red, undercover,MUSTANG cop car that was tailgating me. I thought he wanted to race and then he turned on his light which were inside the care on the top portion of my windshield... That sucked, had to sell the car because he sent me to state ref and I was forced to non-op it.
Why?
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
April 09 2010 00:59 GMT
#47
Took a piss at the entrance door of a bank downtown in my hometown shitfaced at 03am, while I am taking a piss the cops roll by and pick me up. Since I was so shitfaced I spent the night in the "drunken arrest" and got a 2k NOK (about 300$) fine for public urination and even had a caricature picture drawn of me for a small notice in the local news paper Nordlys with the text "dyre dråper som svir på pungen"
God Hates a Coward
DeathSpank
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1029 Posts
April 09 2010 01:01 GMT
#48
one time I was at a double intersection at 2 in the morning and the light was out. What I'm referring to is where a street is split in two because the city decided to put a freaking bike/walkway in the middle of the road. So it's a flashing red light I stop and then I go on my way...turns out I didn't stop for the second light which was 10feet after the first flashing red. Okay stupid mistake but whatever. That's what I though until I found out the ticket was 500 dollars.
yes.
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
April 09 2010 01:05 GMT
#49
So I was driving like you do with cars then I saw this ambulance coming at me with its siren on and lights flashing. So you know, I pull over. Then I get a ticket from a cop for failure to stay in lane.
Tomer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States105 Posts
April 09 2010 01:31 GMT
#50
On April 09 2010 06:09 Irrelevant wrote:
My wife was driving my car died at a stop sign(I'm trying to teach her how to drive a manual), came to a complete stop restarted my car and went, got pulled over and the cop said the stop didn't count because my car was "two to three feet behind the line"(direct quote from the officer) so he proceeded to give me a near $400 ticket for running a stop sign. I'm currently in the process of contesting it.


Dude, last Fall I did the exact same thing and the cop insisted that I rolled through the stop, and that cost me $90!

BTW $400 for that and I would be screaming imba!
remedy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States61 Posts
April 09 2010 02:01 GMT
#51
On April 09 2010 09:59 Oystein wrote:
Took a piss at the entrance door of a bank downtown in my hometown shitfaced at 03am, while I am taking a piss the cops roll by and pick me up. Since I was so shitfaced I spent the night in the "drunken arrest" and got a 2k NOK (about 300$) fine for public urination and even had a caricature picture drawn of me for a small notice in the local news paper Nordlys with the text "dyre dråper som svir på pungen"


rofl come on being sc and poker celebrity is not enough for you, had to claim status in local news?!
all this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I've fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there's nothing I can say that's good enough
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
April 09 2010 02:06 GMT
#52
The stupidest ticket I ever got was for cycling without my light on.

Normally the fine is 20 euro's, but because I was under 16 it was reduced by half, and they were only checking for the front light (not the back light, wtf) so the fine was reduced by half again.

Ended up with a 5 euro ticket, what the hell..
This signature is ruining eSports.
Hydrolisko
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Vanuatu1659 Posts
April 09 2010 02:09 GMT
#53
dumbest ticket i got was when i parked on a hill and my wheels weren't "turned" enough... (so to prevent sliding i guess)... so dumb...
XinRan
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States530 Posts
April 09 2010 02:30 GMT
#54
On April 09 2010 09:59 Oystein wrote:
Took a piss at the entrance door of a bank downtown in my hometown shitfaced at 03am, while I am taking a piss the cops roll by and pick me up. Since I was so shitfaced I spent the night in the "drunken arrest" and got a 2k NOK (about 300$) fine for public urination and even had a caricature picture drawn of me for a small notice in the local news paper Nordlys with the text "dyre dråper som svir på pungen"

dyre dråper som svir på pungen = "precious drops of burning on scrotum" according to Google Translate. Seriously?
"To be fair, Kal played like absolute garbage. His noted inconsistency and bad record versus Jaedong high fived into a cacophony of suck." - TwoToneTerran
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
April 09 2010 02:34 GMT
#55
i myself havent gotten one but my friend just got his
apparently he was driving from hsi house to our community college (literally a 1 min drive. i like like 2 mins away from it and i walk)
the roads connects to the highway and there's no speed limit sign to speak of. he goes bout 55 (he claims) and get hit with a ticket despite just driving 1 min to our community college and clearly other cars driving the same speed as him

NOW heres the funny/sad part
as hes pulled over the officer says "do u know y im pulling u over?". my friend replies" for not wearing my seatbelt". the officer goes "no, but thanks for telling me"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
anyway hes takign this to court since his claim that there is no speed limit sign is pretty legit
Forever Young
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
April 09 2010 02:38 GMT
#56
On April 09 2010 11:30 XinRan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2010 09:59 Oystein wrote:
Took a piss at the entrance door of a bank downtown in my hometown shitfaced at 03am, while I am taking a piss the cops roll by and pick me up. Since I was so shitfaced I spent the night in the "drunken arrest" and got a 2k NOK (about 300$) fine for public urination and even had a caricature picture drawn of me for a small notice in the local news paper Nordlys with the text "dyre dråper som svir på pungen"

dyre dråper som svir på pungen = "precious drops of burning on scrotum" according to Google Translate. Seriously?

pungen in Norwegian can be both your wallet or your balls :p
So its kind of a funny word play.
God Hates a Coward
Biochemist
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1008 Posts
April 09 2010 02:40 GMT
#57
This didn't happen to me, but when I was in the Marines it happened to one of my guys.

He goes home on leave to Texas, goes out to drink with a bunch of his buddies.

They leave him at the bar and go home, leaving him by himself at the bar. When he realizes this at like 1am, he decides that rather than spend money on a cab or wake someone up to come get him, he just goes to sleep in his car and figures he'll catch a ride with someone in the morning.

So he's knocked out IN HIS BACK SEAT, when a cop comes by wakes him up, gives him a DUI.

A fucking DUI for trying to do the right thing and not driving home drunk. And of course the military being what it is, they gave him no sympathy and took his rank, too.
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
April 09 2010 02:50 GMT
#58
On April 09 2010 11:40 Biochemist wrote:
This didn't happen to me, but when I was in the Marines it happened to one of my guys.

He goes home on leave to Texas, goes out to drink with a bunch of his buddies.

They leave him at the bar and go home, leaving him by himself at the bar. When he realizes this at like 1am, he decides that rather than spend money on a cab or wake someone up to come get him, he just goes to sleep in his car and figures he'll catch a ride with someone in the morning.

So he's knocked out IN HIS BACK SEAT, when a cop comes by wakes him up, gives him a DUI.

A fucking DUI for trying to do the right thing and not driving home drunk. And of course the military being what it is, they gave him no sympathy and took his rank, too.

Did he have his keys in the ignition? or is it completely irrelevant?
Biochemist
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1008 Posts
April 09 2010 02:54 GMT
#59
On April 09 2010 11:50 Mickey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2010 11:40 Biochemist wrote:
This didn't happen to me, but when I was in the Marines it happened to one of my guys.

He goes home on leave to Texas, goes out to drink with a bunch of his buddies.

They leave him at the bar and go home, leaving him by himself at the bar. When he realizes this at like 1am, he decides that rather than spend money on a cab or wake someone up to come get him, he just goes to sleep in his car and figures he'll catch a ride with someone in the morning.

So he's knocked out IN HIS BACK SEAT, when a cop comes by wakes him up, gives him a DUI.

A fucking DUI for trying to do the right thing and not driving home drunk. And of course the military being what it is, they gave him no sympathy and took his rank, too.

Did he have his keys in the ignition? or is it completely irrelevant?


As I understand it he was sleeping in the back seat with the keys on the floor so he wasn't sleeping on them. I don't think that was factored in though; apparently they give DUIs to drunk people in cars with keys period. He couldn't go back to contest it because he was on leave from California and had to be back at work.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
April 09 2010 02:55 GMT
#60
On April 09 2010 11:40 Biochemist wrote:
This didn't happen to me, but when I was in the Marines it happened to one of my guys.

He goes home on leave to Texas, goes out to drink with a bunch of his buddies.

They leave him at the bar and go home, leaving him by himself at the bar. When he realizes this at like 1am, he decides that rather than spend money on a cab or wake someone up to come get him, he just goes to sleep in his car and figures he'll catch a ride with someone in the morning.

So he's knocked out IN HIS BACK SEAT, when a cop comes by wakes him up, gives him a DUI.

A fucking DUI for trying to do the right thing and not driving home drunk. And of course the military being what it is, they gave him no sympathy and took his rank, too.
that does sound ridiculous.

mine was "parking with ride side not to curve", my first parking ticket. i was only parked for like 15 minutes as i was picking up something from a friends house . $40 down the drain.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8579
WinterStarcraft714
Sick233
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos394
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 56m
Patches Events
6h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 56m
OSC
14h 56m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.