• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:33
CEST 03:33
KST 10:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8824 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
March 18 2010 22:30 GMT
#161
On March 19 2010 06:19 AssuredVacancy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2010 06:17 1992 wrote:
On March 19 2010 04:32 Gao Xi wrote:
I was talking to my friend, and he said that it only took $2 to apply to a university. (in Canada atleast) o_o


its $38 per program i think


35 last year. Some universities added their own fees.

He said Waterloo and BC. idk, I still got 2 more years till i can go to uni.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
March 18 2010 22:44 GMT
#162
On March 19 2010 06:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Jeez, doesn't anyone here go to community college?



I just started last fall. Didn't see the thread at the time, and probably wouldn't have posted it if I had.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 22:47:09
March 18 2010 22:46 GMT
#163
On March 19 2010 06:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Jeez, doesn't anyone here go to community college?

I'm sure quite a few people go to community college, but in a thread that screams "Brag about your grades", I don't think many comm. college students would ever think about posting.

Definitely didn't phrase that as well as I had hoped to.
God Bless
shafiru
Profile Joined January 2009
111 Posts
March 18 2010 22:53 GMT
#164
Cornell ILR- Waitlisted
Wesleyan- Rejected
St. Johns- Accepted
Drexel- Accepted
Northeastern- Accepted
SUNY Geneseo- Accepted
Stony Brook U- Accepted
Babson- Waitlisted
Waiting on a few more

3.0
2150 SAT
790 Math II
750 Bio
bengaliToss ftw...
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-18 23:30:48
March 18 2010 23:12 GMT
#165
On March 19 2010 06:11 DeathByMonkeys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 12:33 kineSiS- wrote:
On March 17 2010 19:27 lilsusie wrote:
Good luck everyone!!! I know US colleges are really difficult to get into because they look at so many different things! <3


Korean Colleges are harder.


Korean colleges are harder? Please refer to this...

http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-universities/2010/02/25/worlds-best-universities-top-400.html

...1 Korean school in the top 50, check the US schools and get back to me.

Wtf, I don't see how UCLA can be higher than Berkeley.

Edit: Ahh I see their methodology now... I don't necessarily agree with it but whatever. http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-universities/2010/02/25/worlds-best-universities-the-methodology.html

@OneOther: I had my grades and stuff in my first post. Pretty average 3.65 GPA, undergrad at UCLA.
Chromyne
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada561 Posts
March 18 2010 23:17 GMT
#166
On March 19 2010 07:46 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2010 06:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Jeez, doesn't anyone here go to community college?

I'm sure quite a few people go to community college, but in a thread that screams "Brag about your grades", I don't think many comm. college students would ever think about posting.

Definitely didn't phrase that as well as I had hoped to.


I think you phrased it quite well.
Soli Deo gloria.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
March 18 2010 23:19 GMT
#167
On March 19 2010 07:46 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2010 06:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Jeez, doesn't anyone here go to community college?

I'm sure quite a few people go to community college, but in a thread that screams "Brag about your grades", I don't think many comm. college students would ever think about posting.

Definitely didn't phrase that as well as I had hoped to.


I guess I am just feeling inadequate amongst the math junkies.

Camosun College class of '03! Woo!
ModeratorGodfather
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
March 19 2010 00:08 GMT
#168
If anybody's accepted (or waiting for) University of Toronto (Canada) Engineering programs, congrats!

If you are one of the above and it says "Engineering Science" in your letter, ugh...
... welcome to hell.
[TLMS] REBOOT
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
March 19 2010 00:10 GMT
#169
On March 19 2010 06:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Jeez, doesn't anyone here go to community college?


On March 18 2010 08:17 jalstar wrote:
UCSD - accepted
UCSB, UCLA, Cal - waiting

I'm gonna be a junior next year, transferring from community college to "real college". GPA is 3.5 ish, and they don't look at SAT scores.

Wineandbread
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2065 Posts
March 19 2010 01:13 GMT
#170
Hi guise

4.62 GPA, 2100 SAT (man I fucked up), 750 on Math II & Chem, 700 on World History

University of Maryland, College Park - Accepted, Honors College & Dean's Scholarship
Georgia Tech - Accepted
UMich - Accepted

Still waiting on Berk, UVa, Hopkins, Carnegie, Duke, and Rice. If I get into Hopkins I'll probably go for it; otherwise I'll head to College Park.
Itsraiiningpaper
Profile Joined November 2009
United States25 Posts
March 19 2010 01:43 GMT
#171
hii all

4.46GPA, 2350 SAT, 800 760 SATII

national merit finalist

dartmouth: accepted (likely)
ucla: regents scholar
ucb: accepted (through regents)
uci: regents scholar

waiting on ivy's, duke, jhu, and a few liberal arts
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-19 02:10:12
March 19 2010 01:56 GMT
#172
On March 18 2010 00:43 ccou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 00:12 Myrmidon wrote:
Undergrad electrical engineering
GPA: 4.0


there should be a jaw dropping emoticon



I just needed to say wow to this before reading the rest of the thread.

You guys are all really smart. Smarter than me :/ . My guidance counselor gave me some advice on being a big fish in a small pond. I wish I could've taken it. Darn honors college, high tuition fees, and etc...

But yeah, the only place I see more numbers like these are in the collegeconfidential threads... and even then -_- maybe only in the MIT/Caltech/Stanford/"Your school so you don't yell at me" acceptance thread.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
teh leet newb
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1999 Posts
March 19 2010 01:56 GMT
#173
On March 19 2010 06:11 DeathByMonkeys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 12:33 kineSiS- wrote:
On March 17 2010 19:27 lilsusie wrote:
Good luck everyone!!! I know US colleges are really difficult to get into because they look at so many different things! <3


Korean Colleges are harder.


Korean colleges are harder? Please refer to this...

http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-universities/2010/02/25/worlds-best-universities-top-400.html

...1 Korean school in the top 50, check the US schools and get back to me.


The source is also US News & World Report. Universities in different countries really aren't very comparable.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-19 02:16:10
March 19 2010 02:12 GMT
#174
On March 19 2010 08:19 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2010 07:46 Roffles wrote:
On March 19 2010 06:35 Manifesto7 wrote:
Jeez, doesn't anyone here go to community college?

I'm sure quite a few people go to community college, but in a thread that screams "Brag about your grades", I don't think many comm. college students would ever think about posting.

Definitely didn't phrase that as well as I had hoped to.


I guess I am just feeling inadequate amongst the math junkies.

Camosun College class of '03! Woo!


You should know by now that in these types people are just showing off their "e-penis".

As for me:
-High school GPA 2.5
--SAT score 1280ish (fell asleep half way through)
-Comm. College GPA 3.01
-Currently a Senior @ UPitt (won't list GPA you search for it on TL if you want)

... according to the USNews UPitt is ranked 114 in the world something I didn't know. Take that and your 4.0s assholes!
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
G0dly
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States450 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-19 02:15:40
March 19 2010 02:15 GMT
#175
I'm currently a junior. I took the SAT once with minimal practice, got a 2060 (meh). I'm in AP English, Ap Calc BC, and taking AP Physics, Stats, and Psych next year. I do cross country/track (unlikely to make varsity though). Also got a 760 on the Chem SAT II.

Does anybody have any recommendations for colleges I can put on my radar or any tips for how I can increase my chances with getting into a high tier college?
The Emperor - The Genius - The Cheater - The Maestro
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
March 19 2010 02:22 GMT
#176
Jesus Christ, how do you people do so well at the SATs and SAT IIs?
And are the SAT IIs harder than the AP exams? Ugh... >_< I'm gonna HATE next year...
darkness overpowering
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-19 02:26:51
March 19 2010 02:26 GMT
#177
I think the SAT IIs were really really easy. I actually didn't study at all for any of my SAT IIs (which explains some of those low scores :< ), and I didn't really study for SATs aside from a small class my school offered which was like $20.

The SAT II US History was definitely much easier than the AP US History exam, and you can take it right before the AP US History exam as well. I took it after the AP US History exam, and got a 750 with 0 studying (5 on AP US)
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-19 02:28:44
March 19 2010 02:27 GMT
#178
SAT IIs are definitely easier than the AP exams, but the difference is with the AP Exams you only need like a 60-70% for a max score, whereas it's a lot easier to tell if you screwed up on an SAT II. Usually only 1-2 problems curve for 800. I think Math II and Physics are like 4-5 problems though.

Oh and it's really funny taking the Chinese SAT II, cause if you get anything less than a 800 you're like 10th percentile since it's all Chinese people taking it ROFL, same with AP Chinese.
TranslatorBaa!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
March 19 2010 02:44 GMT
#179
hmm SAT IIs generally require (slightly?) more breadth but less depth/understanding. And there's usually less margin for error on SAT IIs because they're easier... it took me significant studying to get 800s on chem/world history, and not so much for math/Chinese.
The same held for AP Chem (self-studied)/APUSH vs. AP Calc/Chinese though, I guess. [Incidentally, I got 800 on SAT II math level 2 but failed to get 800 on SAT Reasoning math the first time... rather ironic.]

also the curve for AP Physics is ridiculous. I think I got about 60% multiple choice and 40% short answer and somehow got 5s... I think the US is just generally poor at physics D: [limiting physics courses to juniors/seniors in most places is not really a good recipe for strong physics students?]
Writer
DarkOptik
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
452 Posts
March 19 2010 03:18 GMT
#180
On March 19 2010 11:15 G0dly wrote:
I'm currently a junior. I took the SAT once with minimal practice, got a 2060 (meh). I'm in AP English, Ap Calc BC, and taking AP Physics, Stats, and Psych next year. I do cross country/track (unlikely to make varsity though). Also got a 760 on the Chem SAT II.

Does anybody have any recommendations for colleges I can put on my radar or any tips for how I can increase my chances with getting into a high tier college?


Dunno if this is the thread to talk about this, but...

There are a lot of different things you can do, although even then, you might be a bit behind, depending on where you go to. A lot of people have different ideas on what a high tier college is really.

As a general blanket statement, try to find something that you really excel at/are really passionate about, and then actually show it. whether it's through competitions, service projects, or whatever

For example, you have all the math geniuses above me who did the math competition stuff to show that they're really fucking good at math. If you're really good at science, try doing a competition or a science fair project. Enter a writing competition or something of the sort if literature is your thing.

Of course, raising your SAT score/GPA is generally a good way to get into any school outside of the top 20. I know many students/friends that have gotten into UC Berkeley and UCLA based solely on academics.

If you're looking for more input, you should probably make a blog or something with more detailed questions.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 53
NaDa 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm247
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9494
JimRising 684
ViBE146
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS82
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1265
BasetradeTV163
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 27m
INu's Battles
10h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 27m
Replay Cast
21h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.