• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11141 users

Quake Live Beta - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
February 04 2009 21:37 GMT
#201
Again, anyone looking for invites (or looking to share invites), ESReality is the main international hub of all things Quake.

Here is the link to the thread coordinating invites:
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1653241

It's pretty easy to score one, and you don't have to make an account if you don't want to.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
iheartgna
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States184 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-04 23:18:23
February 04 2009 23:18 GMT
#202
#quakelive on gamesurge is a good way to snag one as well.

Anyway I have 3 invites, you know the drill: pm me your name, email, skill level
Hell is other people.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
February 05 2009 07:27 GMT
#203
so apparently i'm a tier '3'

is this good or bad
Commentator
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
February 05 2009 07:31 GMT
#204
theres 5 tiers
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
LumberJack
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3355 Posts
February 05 2009 08:07 GMT
#205
I use lumberjack, and how do you find out what tier you are in?
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-05 13:04:45
February 05 2009 13:03 GMT
#206
On February 05 2009 04:42 JudgeMathis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2009 03:20 FaCE_1 wrote:
On February 04 2009 23:17 GoodWill wrote:
add me, im "Breezeeeeee" (a total of 6 "e"s after z)

edit: im from toronto

How you add ppl ??


I tried adding you today, Face. I don't know if you accepted my friend request.

For sure no.. I didn't play yesterday

btw, my Account name is FaCe1 and the account I play with is FaCe00


On February 05 2009 17:07 LumberJack wrote:
I use lumberjack, and how do you find out what tier you are in?


Yeah I would liek to know that too..
I did the little warmup skill thing when you first that and raped the comp at "I play often" (something like that) but I got raped the first game I palyed vs a good player
n_n
indecision
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Germany818 Posts
February 05 2009 14:27 GMT
#207
On February 05 2009 16:27 GTR-2-Go wrote:
so apparently i'm a tier '3'

is this good or bad


if you didn't play too much, that's probably b/c I set your skill to Intermediate when I invited you.
Beside_kr
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada902 Posts
February 05 2009 20:38 GMT
#208
I got an invite from the nice people at ESR... Apparently I'm really bad though. I've lost -2:25, -2:31 and 5:10 so far... my id is MinusCA. I guess I'm pretty low level if anyone wants to add me
Cuffs, cuffs, you can't break those cuffs
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
February 05 2009 20:43 GMT
#209
On February 06 2009 05:38 Beside_kr wrote:
I got an invite from the nice people at ESR... Apparently I'm really bad though. I've lost -2:25, -2:31 and 5:10 so far... my id is MinusCA. I guess I'm pretty low level if anyone wants to add me


I wouldn't worry too much. The balance is still really off, as it's not just a copy/paste of Q3. Whore the RL and you'll be fragging like a pro. =/
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
February 05 2009 20:56 GMT
#210
On February 06 2009 05:38 Beside_kr wrote:
I got an invite from the nice people at ESR... Apparently I'm really bad though. I've lost -2:25, -2:31 and 5:10 so far... my id is MinusCA. I guess I'm pretty low level if anyone wants to add me


Don't get down about scores. There are people playing that have been doing this every day for years competitively. Once you familiarise yourself with the game and it's concepts it becomes a lot easier.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
fonger
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United Kingdom1218 Posts
February 06 2009 01:42 GMT
#211
god this is so fun
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-06 04:10:53
February 06 2009 01:58 GMT
#212
kiwis are fun

o yea guys add me search SayaSP
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Beside_kr
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada902 Posts
February 06 2009 04:46 GMT
#213
I added a bunch of people from this thread, hope nobody minds
Cuffs, cuffs, you can't break those cuffs
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3718 Posts
February 06 2009 04:51 GMT
#214
Having a fair amount of fun playing this every now and then (thanks whoever sent me an invite )

Name in the game is tec27 if anyone wants to add me
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
February 06 2009 05:29 GMT
#215
god everyone's so good..or im just so fucking terrible now?? wtf jeezes i get stomped so hard it's getting tiresome
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Beside_kr
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada902 Posts
February 06 2009 05:56 GMT
#216
I know how you feel Zelniq, people are either so much better that I don't get a frag in or don't try and run the items and I destroy them, where's the happy median?
Cuffs, cuffs, you can't break those cuffs
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
February 06 2009 06:04 GMT
#217
are you guys dueling or what?
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3718 Posts
February 06 2009 06:09 GMT
#218
I dueled like twice and got owned so hard (I got maybe 2 frags? lol). I'd like to do some more though, maybe I'll magically get better
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
February 06 2009 06:15 GMT
#219
Horrigan want to duel in 45 minutes or so?
Commentator
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-06 06:30:00
February 06 2009 06:29 GMT
#220
You will! All you have to do is pay attention to (or even just have a vague idea of) when items will respawn. If you want to duel, the best two maps to learn are QZDM6 (Campgrounds Redux) and QZTourney4 (Vertical Vengeance). Duels are all about controlling item spawns and having momentum from said items, I win most of my duels on item control alone, even though my accuracy with any gun that isn't an RL/rail is shocking. Pretty much all of it is learned through practise, even just against bots.

Another aspect of dueling is proper movement, like strafejumping and not running in one direction for extended periods of time (hello tracking rockets). The latter is more important than the former. There's a nice video from a Q3 mod called DeFRaG that I used to play that shows a basic two hop strafejump, from QZDM6's bridge to the rail platform (bridge to rail - b2r).

+ Show Spoiler [demonstration] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Hoz5r0Th8

The purple keys are the keys he is currently pressing. The theory is that you slowly move the mouse in the direction of the strafe key you are holding, and you accelerate. The flick at the beginning is to get maximum benefit from a running start, you can also flick from side to side if you just want to go straight. It's not good to always strafe jump everywhere though, because jumps are loud and sound is pretty much the biggest factor in knowing where your opponent is.


What I like about QL is that even though I enjoy dueling the most, every other game mode is awesome too. I suck at FFAs though, maybe my sens is too high ~

ya sure, I'll duel.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 301
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
Mini 163
White-Ra 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6136
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu586
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2302
FrodaN1522
fl0m1483
RotterdaM879
olofmeister855
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes295
Livibee229
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1491
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.