• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:18
CEST 12:18
KST 19:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9348 users

Liquipedia Melee Interest

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-20 13:48:53
March 18 2014 21:50 GMT
#1
Right now there are no official plans to start up a wiki for competitive Melee. However, with the recent announcement and new forum and all, we're seeing a lot more interest than some people initially expected.

There has been some discussion amongst LP staff regarding a melee wiki. All of us know how hard it is to set up a new wiki (we've done it a few times now), and one of our concerns is man power. The LPD was in the works for 8 months before TL added Dota 2 coverage. The Hearthstone wiki was started several months before the HS announcement. Unfortunately, we haven't been secretly working on a Melee wiki.

I'm making this post to find out how many (if any at all) of you nice folks would be willing to put some hours into getting a Melee wiki going under the Liquipedia banner.

Please note that this is not an official announcement of a Melee Wiki, nor is it a promise that anything is in the works, this is merely an information seeking post.


Good News! The Dacia SanderoWe're moving to stage 2 of this, which basically means we've gone from "who wants to help" to figuring out exactly what our goals are and what we need to do to accomplish them.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
March 18 2014 21:52 GMT
#2
ugh I guess me

let's gooooooooooo
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
JCanon
Profile Joined March 2014
Canada11 Posts
March 18 2014 22:00 GMT
#3
I should point out that melee has one, but it's particularly messy, being hidden within SSBWiki:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Category:Smashers
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
March 18 2014 22:05 GMT
#4
Yeah that came up, and is one argument against Liquipedia creating a new wiki. One of TL's writers apparently runs it (which none of us had any idea about).
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
March 18 2014 22:12 GMT
#5
Hell fucking yes I'm interested. Looking through smashboards tourney threads for results only to find outdated imgur links is the worst feeling ever. Too few TO's use challonge as well. I'm more than willing to help get a smash liquipedia up to speed if it means wider adoption by the scene. The sheer convenience of having easy access to results is simply unparalleled.
Liquipedia
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
March 18 2014 22:13 GMT
#6
The Smash wiki has minimal coverage of the pro scene which is what we would focus on if we did do a Smash LP.
Liquipedia
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
March 18 2014 22:14 GMT
#7
While that wiki exists I don't think the information is very up to date or organized, or even structured particularly well. There are large portions of player information missing as well. Not that it's particularly BAD, it's just that LP can be better, with better templates and faster information. We can do it!
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 22:17:26
March 18 2014 22:17 GMT
#8
It's also worth noting that dota liquipedia was started well after two other dota wikis already existed. So it's not like there's no precedent for this sort of thing.
Liquipedia
JCanon
Profile Joined March 2014
Canada11 Posts
March 18 2014 22:17 GMT
#9
I would be entirely for generally moving any competitive discussion from SSBWiki to an LP smash section, yeah. Because SSBWiki is generally for just everything related to smash, stuff like competitive profiles tend to be an afterthought, and having its own wiki specialized to it would greatly help. Also, finding old info can be absolute hell; I recall some old MLG events having little to no info nowadays, because whatever results were out there have been lost to time.
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
March 18 2014 22:45 GMT
#10
I can see a use for this, but I think it should be organized in a way such that it's easy to update to and include the SSB4 scene, when it emerges. Yes, it's true that the Melee scene turned up its nose at Brawl, but Smash 4 won't have tripping, so the scene could end up being split even more severely than before.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 22:50:23
March 18 2014 22:49 GMT
#11
I'd be down to contribute, but I'm not too good with things like css or html if that's required.

On March 19 2014 07:45 Pontius Pirate wrote:
I can see a use for this, but I think it should be organized in a way such that it's easy to update to and include the SSB4 scene, when it emerges. Yes, it's true that the Melee scene turned up its nose at Brawl, but Smash 4 won't have tripping, so the scene could end up being split even more severely than before.

You can turn off tripping in brawl, it's not the real problem.
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
March 18 2014 22:50 GMT
#12
This would be really cool in my opinion. I remember after watching Apex last year, my interest in Smash was piqued, and I started looking into it, but I couldn't find a good wiki to investigate the professional scene, so I gave up.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
March 18 2014 23:02 GMT
#13
I agree with the stuff HotBid wrote.

In particular I am never happy with tournament-completeness for games I don't follow super closely and that is something LP has always excelled at.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
March 18 2014 23:06 GMT
#14
On March 19 2014 07:49 bo1b wrote:
I'd be down to contribute, but I'm not too good with things like css or html if that's required.

Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:45 Pontius Pirate wrote:
I can see a use for this, but I think it should be organized in a way such that it's easy to update to and include the SSB4 scene, when it emerges. Yes, it's true that the Melee scene turned up its nose at Brawl, but Smash 4 won't have tripping, so the scene could end up being split even more severely than before.

You can turn off tripping in brawl, it's not the real problem.

LP wikis have traditionally not had their styling done until quite a bit of information is put in. The first few months of a wiki are setting up templates and pages as needed. Styling will be done mostly by Liquipedia and Graphics staff.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
March 18 2014 23:08 GMT
#15
I'd be down for helping some depending on when it starts
SooYoung-Noona!
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 18 2014 23:55 GMT
#16
On March 19 2014 08:06 tofucake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:49 bo1b wrote:
I'd be down to contribute, but I'm not too good with things like css or html if that's required.

On March 19 2014 07:45 Pontius Pirate wrote:
I can see a use for this, but I think it should be organized in a way such that it's easy to update to and include the SSB4 scene, when it emerges. Yes, it's true that the Melee scene turned up its nose at Brawl, but Smash 4 won't have tripping, so the scene could end up being split even more severely than before.

You can turn off tripping in brawl, it's not the real problem.

LP wikis have traditionally not had their styling done until quite a bit of information is put in. The first few months of a wiki are setting up templates and pages as needed. Styling will be done mostly by Liquipedia and Graphics staff.

So on the chance that it does end up going ahead, I would be able to contribute via uploading tournament results etc? Because at this stage in my education I find myself with an absurd amount of free time to contribute.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 00:01:55
March 19 2014 00:00 GMT
#17
On March 19 2014 07:12 Spazer wrote:
Hell fucking yes I'm interested. Looking through smashboards tourney threads for results only to find outdated imgur links is the worst feeling ever. Too few TO's use challonge as well. I'm more than willing to help get a smash liquipedia up to speed if it means wider adoption by the scene. The sheer convenience of having easy access to results is simply unparalleled.


A million times this.

This is 2014 damn it I demand instant tournament results on Liquipedia and the ability to look through past results with ease.
TranslatorBaa!
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 19 2014 00:05 GMT
#18
On March 19 2014 09:00 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 07:12 Spazer wrote:
Hell fucking yes I'm interested. Looking through smashboards tourney threads for results only to find outdated imgur links is the worst feeling ever. Too few TO's use challonge as well. I'm more than willing to help get a smash liquipedia up to speed if it means wider adoption by the scene. The sheer convenience of having easy access to results is simply unparalleled.


A million times this.

This is 2014 damn it I demand instant tournament results on Liquipedia and the ability to look through past results with ease.

Pretty much, lp has spoiled me rotten in sc2
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
March 19 2014 00:20 GMT
#19
I'd love to see this.
Would this be melee only?
No smash4/P:M.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
March 19 2014 00:24 GMT
#20
I don't know anything about Smash 4 or PM right now, and we only have a melee team. For starters, it would be only melee.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 8004
StarCastTV_EN205
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8249
Bisu 2269
Jaedong 1702
EffOrt 917
Horang2 372
Zeus 279
Larva 265
ZerO 233
Pusan 168
Mind 125
[ Show more ]
Hyun 108
Barracks 73
ggaemo 59
scan(afreeca) 50
Killer 45
Bale 39
actioN 33
NotJumperer 33
Sharp 32
Yoon 31
Hm[arnc] 21
Sacsri 20
Shinee 18
ToSsGirL 16
Noble 9
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
febbydoto90
League of Legends
JimRising 365
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1465
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King81
Other Games
ceh9645
crisheroes196
Sick157
Pyrionflax146
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 104
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
• WagamamaTV59
League of Legends
• Jankos1162
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
42m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 42m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.