• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:45
CEST 04:45
KST 11:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7678 users

Day[9] Reckoning Streamathon

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 06:40:16
February 01 2012 04:58 GMT
#1
February 7th, 2012 shall forever be known as the DAY OF RECKONING!

That's right folks, I'll be doing an 8 hour streamathon for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on February 7th! However, streaming single player games can be oh so lonely. So, we’re going to make a big social game out of it. I’ve invited 8-15 well-known gamers to simultaneously live-stream themselves playing and to share prizes with their audiences!! (That's YOU).

LE EVENT STORY
I love playing games, but given my time constraints, I must be selective! KoA:Reckoning seemed like a game that was right up my alley: open world RPG with bright colors and a badass combat system. Moreover, I love Todd McFarlane. He's the art director. How can I resist? :D

So, I reached out to 38 Studios (the developer) to see if I could have rights to stream the game on release day (similar to what I did with Skyrim). They kindly gave me the rights to stream, at which point I wondered how many of my friends were also excited for the game. As it turns out, pretty much all of them! So, rather than all game in isolation, I decided to organize a massive simultaneous streamathon where we all play the game at the same time!

38 Studios was so excited to hear about it that they threw in a ton of amazing prize giveaways (see below!). Since things were rapidly growing, I figured why not have a special web page where you could go to see everyone that was streaming and get updates and the like? Because this whole event is somewhat last minute, the webpage is being produced as we speak. I'll be posting a link to it as soon as it's done!

As you can tell, I take my fun very seriously.

WHAT GAME?
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open world 3rd person action RPG.

THE TEAM:
1. Ken Rolston, the Lead Designer of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2. R. A. Salvatore, New York Times bestselling fantasy author (who created the game universe and lore)
3. Todd McFarlane, the sexiest comic book artist of all time (Spawn/Spiderman).
4. And they were all brought together by Curt Schilling, the former Red Sox pitcher, who is a massive gamer and the CEO of 38 Studios.

Penny Arcade just gave the game a sick review: http://penny-arcade.com/2012/01/27/amalur (“Better than Skyrim…smooth flashy combat system…[the art] in my opinion is absolutely beautiful...”).

Here's a free demo of the game!

WHEN?
Tuesday February 7th, 2012 from 2pm PST to 10pm PST (maybe later for me!)

WHERE?
TwitchTV stream page!
http://www.twitch.tv/team/reckoning

Event info page!
http://reckoning.amalur.com/dayofreckoning

WHO?
So far, the following gamers have agreed to participate: Ciderhelm, Lore (WoW); Total Biscuit, DJ Wheat, iNcontroL, JP McDaniel, Pomf et Thud (SC2); FourCourtJester, Travis, Chips et Noi (League of Legends); Soe (Any game ever); TobiWan (Dota2) and moar!

New: Gamebreaker.tv is now joining the fun! Yeah! :D

WHAT CAN I WIN?
When 38 Studios heard about the streamathon, they got SUPER excited and offered the following prizes to be given away to viewers of the stream. I kid you not. They have offered the following:
• GTX 560 Nvidia Graphics cards
• A top of the line Doghouse Systems desktop laser engraved with the Reckoning logo and possibly autographed by the dev team/Visionaries
• A Spawn studio tour with Todd McFarlane
• A hand-drawn Destiny card of the winner's choice by Todd McFarlane
• A 38 Studios Providence studio tour with Curt Schilling and R. A. Salvatore
• Limited Edition McFarlane Troll figurine
• T-shirts
• A life-size Reckoning Great Hammer
• AND MORE!

HOW DO I WIN THINGS
Tune in on Tuesday! We'll have voting polls for the contests. All you have to do is make a vote and you're automatically entered into the drawing! .

FUCK YEAH
I know right?


I'll be continuously updating this page as I get more info. This'll be the first time I've done something like this, so hopefully it'll go smoothly! :D. Woop!
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
February 01 2012 04:59 GMT
#2
Honestly didn't even know the game was coming out this soon, might have to tune in to see if it's worth playing.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-01 05:01:24
February 01 2012 05:00 GMT
#3
FUCK YEAH!! Watching Day9 play skyrim was hilarious. I can only imagine him playing this game will be entertaining as well. PLUS prizes!?! Sign me up!
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Arkanthiel
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines100 Posts
February 01 2012 05:01 GMT
#4
Oh wow. Sounds great!
Los! Los Cabadrin!
GrandPyromania
Profile Joined January 2012
United States40 Posts
February 01 2012 05:01 GMT
#5
You can bet your trumpet dancing patootie that I, a random fan, WILL BE THERE! (watching from work on my phone :D)
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
February 01 2012 05:02 GMT
#6
ho sick! spotlight this awesomness!
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Kitty4Cat
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada56 Posts
February 01 2012 05:03 GMT
#7
Nice!!! That's a great idea Day[9]!!!! Moreover, 2pm PST is 5pm EST so school will be finished, I'll get to watch it! :D
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." - Day[9]
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
February 01 2012 05:03 GMT
#8
Oh woops! Lemme post a demo link!
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
ZisforZerg
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States224 Posts
February 01 2012 05:04 GMT
#9
oh dear god you are so cool
"I'm too drunk, to taste that chicken."
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
February 01 2012 05:04 GMT
#10
Holy shit. That guest list is huge, and the prize list is also extremely impressive.

I hadn't heard of this game before now... this is probably like the best advertising for them possible.
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
February 01 2012 05:04 GMT
#11
Never heard of that game, guess ill tune in
cComrade
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2 Posts
February 01 2012 05:05 GMT
#12
I don't think i've ever been so happy in my entire life.
"Transitions into losing his whole fucking base"-Sean "Day9" Plott
iYiYi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States489 Posts
February 01 2012 05:07 GMT
#13
le can't wait xd
l3ird
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States368 Posts
February 01 2012 05:07 GMT
#14
too legit to quit =X
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
February 01 2012 05:09 GMT
#15
Whoa I'll be sure to tune in. <3 Day[9]!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
ArcSilver
Profile Joined December 2011
Brazil14 Posts
February 01 2012 05:11 GMT
#16
Day9, iNcontroL, JP and djWHEAT playing and streaming. Damn, I'll need at least 4 monitors to support this awesomeness.
You can't take the sky from me.
Latrommi
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States222 Posts
February 01 2012 05:12 GMT
#17
I have to say, I was sold at iNcontroL and JP being there
Possibly the best thread ever http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232912&currentpage=All
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
February 01 2012 05:12 GMT
#18
Dear god Day[9] is officially the biggest esports if not video game community figure. The company is giving him a few grand worth of prizes just because so many people watch his stream, no matter the game. This is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen, good job sir, good job!
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
February 01 2012 05:23 GMT
#19
What the fuck just happened here. This is insane!
Daikas
Profile Joined December 2010
United States118 Posts
February 01 2012 05:24 GMT
#20
Woot, I'll be able to see if this game is worth picking up. Thanks Day[9], 38 Studios and everyone else involved!
Is that a sword? Luxury! Is that a horse? Sloth! Is that a helmet? Vanity!
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 211
NeuroSwarm 171
FoxeR 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2384
Leta 1271
Bale 56
Other Games
summit1g7943
JimRising 553
WinterStarcraft276
ViBE154
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
BasetradeTV157
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Light_VIP 19
• davetesta15
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo316
Other Games
• Scarra1069
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 15m
Patches Events
12h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 15m
OSC
20h 15m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.