• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12314 users

EVO 2011 Tournament Season - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 208 Next
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 27 2011 23:21 GMT
#141
On July 28 2011 08:20 Silentness wrote:
I think RX was one of the best Urien players, but holy shit I remember when I first got into 3rd strike that Tokido was the Urien everyone was talking about in the US.

Ahh man good times... Mester, KO, Boss, Ohnuki, wow I'm bad I forgot the alex player's name that was on the 5v5 team

KSK?
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
July 28 2011 00:32 GMT
#142
Any info on attendance? I read somewhere SSFIV had 1700 competitors last year. This year, there are over 80 brackets with not more than 16 people each, but I can't find specifics.
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
July 28 2011 02:05 GMT
#143
On July 28 2011 06:16 kakaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 05:16 O-ops wrote:
On July 28 2011 05:09 kakaman wrote:
Man imagine if they did Evo tourneys like SC? Booths, ceremonies, BM taunts in game? On top of the true rivalries there are out there, it would create major hype


Ceremonies and BM taunts? Doesn't that happen whenever someone wins at MvC?


Not really, the fighting game scene seems like a derivative of the hip hop scene, there's a fair amount of "Ohhhh" or just cheering from the crowd, sometimes the guys get in each others faces, but no real planned ceremonies. It seems the commentators have more trashtalk than the actual players tbh


Lol, watching SC too much have made you soft.

The level of bm and creativity Korean pros put in their "planned" ceremony is a joke compared to when any random joes play in a tri-state tourney.

And oh, there's that one guy we called Tokido.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Sirvantes7
Profile Joined May 2011
United States18 Posts
July 28 2011 03:15 GMT
#144
On July 28 2011 06:03 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 04:30 Zlasher wrote:
Wong vs Tokido would be the best for Marvel 3 since its like, Tokido would represent the Phoenix and the Japanese taking over, whereas Justin can be the great American hope, the anti-phoenix hahaha.

As for SF4, I mean it would have to be some enormous upset like Mike Ross over Daigo or something to have the world explode, but I don't reallys ee that happening, Even though Honda does just fine if not well against Yun.


I think it's mainly just the anti-phoenix, fuck the American hope, fuck everything, I'll care about that once phoenix is nerfed. Until then, all I care about is anti-phoenix. Shit is so annoying when you suck like me.



I for one hope the anti-phoenix hype is atleast as half as good as the anti-hilde hype (SC2) was in evo2k9. The amount of boos a hilde player got after the death juggle was just hilarious. Hell, the amount of boos he got from just selecting her was silly.
I wonder what my APM is while clearing Quasar [A]....
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
July 28 2011 03:37 GMT
#145
Theres over 2k competitors this year apparently, it should break records by a lot.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
July 28 2011 03:43 GMT
#146
Tokido brought that unblockable Urien technology to EVO 2002; it was the first time US player had seen that. When players figured it out, Tokido unfortunately switched to that whore 3S Chun Li. His mentor is MOV, who might be attending EVO this year for the 3S Grandmaster challenge and AE.
Seeps
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada44 Posts
July 28 2011 04:21 GMT
#147
On July 28 2011 08:20 Silentness wrote:
I think RX was one of the best Urien players, but holy shit I remember when I first got into 3rd strike that Tokido was the Urien everyone was talking about in the US.

Ahh man good times... Mester, KO, Boss, Ohnuki, wow I'm bad I forgot the alex player's name that was on the 5v5 team


Rx is my favourite 3S player, bit I recently saw Kuroda's Urien and was left speechless. That guy can play any character better than those who main it. I still remember his SBO win with Akuma.
Sirvantes7
Profile Joined May 2011
United States18 Posts
July 28 2011 04:35 GMT
#148
On July 28 2011 13:21 Seeps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 08:20 Silentness wrote:
I think RX was one of the best Urien players, but holy shit I remember when I first got into 3rd strike that Tokido was the Urien everyone was talking about in the US.

Ahh man good times... Mester, KO, Boss, Ohnuki, wow I'm bad I forgot the alex player's name that was on the 5v5 team


Rx is my favourite 3S player, bit I recently saw Kuroda's Urien and was left speechless. That guy can play any character better than those who main it. I still remember his SBO win with Akuma.



Word on the street is that Kuroda taught RX how to play Urien. I still love how he trolls people with Q.
I wonder what my APM is while clearing Quasar [A]....
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 28 2011 04:53 GMT
#149
On July 28 2011 12:43 broz0rs wrote:
Tokido brought that unblockable Urien technology to EVO 2002; it was the first time US player had seen that. When players figured it out, Tokido unfortunately switched to that whore 3S Chun Li. His mentor is MOV, who might be attending EVO this year for the 3S Grandmaster challenge and AE.

its kind of problematic when my first memory of tokido is him destroying team usa with blue urien and then he unmains him. oh well at least theres RX
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
July 28 2011 05:19 GMT
#150
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/54396/focus-a-g4-films-presentation/?quality=hd

Mike Ross documentary got put up on G4.

It's awesome. Go check it out.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
July 28 2011 05:20 GMT
#151
On July 28 2011 13:35 Sirvantes7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 13:21 Seeps wrote:
On July 28 2011 08:20 Silentness wrote:
I think RX was one of the best Urien players, but holy shit I remember when I first got into 3rd strike that Tokido was the Urien everyone was talking about in the US.

Ahh man good times... Mester, KO, Boss, Ohnuki, wow I'm bad I forgot the alex player's name that was on the 5v5 team


Rx is my favourite 3S player, bit I recently saw Kuroda's Urien and was left speechless. That guy can play any character better than those who main it. I still remember his SBO win with Akuma.



Word on the street is that Kuroda taught RX how to play Urien. I still love how he trolls people with Q.


I think he at least indirectly taught everyone something about the game given that he literally had (or still has) the best everything in the game.
Fan of the Jangbanger
kellymilkies
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore1393 Posts
July 28 2011 05:22 GMT
#152
OMG EVO YEAHHHH
Be the change you wish to see in the world ^-^V //
kellymilkies
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore1393 Posts
July 28 2011 05:24 GMT
#153
Rooting for Jwong and Xian for SSF4
Be the change you wish to see in the world ^-^V //
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
July 28 2011 05:41 GMT
#154
On July 28 2011 08:03 Trumpet wrote:
Intentionally skipping the troll who said sc has more ceremonies / trash talk / hype than evo, cmon guys I know bait is tempting but look at what happens to the fish that bite


2537, your brackets are insane!

And I mean that literally. Who is EMP Twisted Remix? xP

There's Twisted Jago aka Andre the sf4 bison / mvc3 wesker dante trish player, and then there's Remix aka Nelson, the mvc2 turned mvc3 mss (or now some wolv team I think) player.

I'll ignore the rest of the foolishness like no Fanatiq, Shady K, Viscant, etc in your marvel bracket despite Mike Ross, Toomuchdamage etc somehow making it? I suggest you rewatch the mike ross vs fanatiq sets!



Jakob002 will make it in SF4 as long as someone is there ready with the heimlich if he starts choking! Just wait and be amazed :>


Bro, that's the SRK Fantasy bracket, I would never pick Remix :D hahahaha. I just filled it out from what they gave everyone, but as mentioned, Its a stupid bracket based on the Seeds gotten from Evo-tournament-series tournaments.

My ACTUAL prokected Top 8 for both games are:

MvC3
1st. Justin
2nd. Tokido
3rd. Freida
4th. Chris G
5th. Combofiend - RyRy
7th. PR.Rog-Marn

AE
1st - Xian
2nd - Daigo
3rd -Tokido
4th - Poongko
5th - Mago - Ricky
7th - PR-Rog - Wolfkrone

I purposefully didn't pick viscant in mvc3 just because I'm trolling my friend (who's a Viscant-tard)
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
pLaNeT_302
Profile Joined September 2010
United States112 Posts
July 28 2011 05:43 GMT
#155
just got to vegas 2 days get hype!!!!!
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
July 28 2011 08:23 GMT
#156
Looks like TL is on the Xian train, I've been talking him up on twitter like crazy since SS lol, kellymilkies is a personal friend of his and she told me about him like a month before SS and I was like nah he won't top 8 evo no way, then I actually saw him play and I'm a believer

Daigo Momochi Hsien chang Xian, 4 yuns in top 8. Other 4 will include one of the two Vipers (probably Wolfkrone, outside chance at Latif who is overrated after SBO quals), and a Fei Long (Gackt Starnab Mago), and two others haha
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
KingVietKong
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States170 Posts
July 28 2011 11:08 GMT
#157
Watching competitive fighting games has been one of those thigns I've been wanting to get into for a long time but just have never been able to, it's just hard for me to pierce the mechanics of it. Gonna use this EVO to finally force my way in I think.
TheDoK666
Profile Joined May 2010
France179 Posts
July 28 2011 11:20 GMT
#158
that's evo
pwet
specjr
Profile Joined April 2010
39 Posts
July 28 2011 11:30 GMT
#159
Why must EVO and MLG be on the same weekend???

I guess evo on my ps3 and MLG on my laptop.
Bullet
Profile Joined June 2010
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 11:56:47
July 28 2011 11:55 GMT
#160
On July 28 2011 06:16 kakaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 05:16 O-ops wrote:
On July 28 2011 05:09 kakaman wrote:
Man imagine if they did Evo tourneys like SC? Booths, ceremonies, BM taunts in game? On top of the true rivalries there are out there, it would create major hype


Ceremonies and BM taunts? Doesn't that happen whenever someone wins at MvC?


Not really, the fighting game scene seems like a derivative of the hip hop scene, there's a fair amount of "Ohhhh" or just cheering from the crowd, sometimes the guys get in each others faces, but no real planned ceremonies. It seems the commentators have more trashtalk than the actual players tbh


lol, you must be new to the FGC scene. Anyone who thinks there is no trashtalk, hype or any of that just doesn't know. I don't know if you've been to any major for the FGC scene or even attended evo, but if you have you would know that what you're saying is wrong. Just watch any hype video and you'll see how passionate the crowd is about their respective game which i guess now a days would be mvc3 and ssf4:ae.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 208 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O145
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11149
Artosis 512
ZZZero.O 145
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift5466
JimRising 35
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4484
Other Games
summit1g9585
FrodaN2558
Liquid`RaSZi1946
C9.Mang0348
ToD195
Livibee193
Pyrionflax116
Maynarde76
Mew2King39
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1126
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings6
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Sammyuel 38
• HeavenSC 34
• musti20045 27
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1544
• Shiphtur566
• Scarra507
Upcoming Events
OSC
10m
Replay Cast
10m
OSC
13h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.