• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9716 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 54

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 698 Next
Sqalevon
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands523 Posts
July 10 2011 20:14 GMT
#1061
On July 11 2011 04:00 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 03:31 Sqalevon wrote:
On July 11 2011 03:26 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Borderlands still worth it? Looks very interesting.


I'm loving it :D
I bought it last christmas sale, and gifted it to a few friends this week, we are having tons of fun with it ^^
I'd say it's somewhere between TF2, Diablo and L4D for style/humor/grind and coop respectively.


None of my buddies seems to wanna get it tho. Still worth it for singleplayer or over the internet?


I think it's definately worth the 12,50 euros
The art direction of the game is great.
The storyline is not bad at all and the missions are good too.
It's a bit like Diablo II only with guns and alot more humour.
Characters are nice and diverse and the combat is good too.
I like the zombie expansion but haven't played the rest of the DLC yet.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 10 2011 20:25 GMT
#1062
On July 11 2011 04:46 Ethenielle wrote:
I wouldn't get Magicka at all.

Summary: game is too frustrating to enjoy.


I think you're either taking it too seriously or playing solo.

At least I had a ton of fun playing through it once with a friend. I'm not saying it will provide weeks of entertainment but it was easily worth the couple euros. Would recommend getting any of the DLC though but rather just the main game.
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
July 10 2011 20:29 GMT
#1063
fml. I wanted borderlands. But spent my last few bucks on X3. Now i'm only sorta pissed that I can't get the money on my account till tomorrow and possibly miss the sale.
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
July 10 2011 20:34 GMT
#1064
On July 11 2011 05:25 Vaelone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 04:46 Ethenielle wrote:
I wouldn't get Magicka at all.

Summary: game is too frustrating to enjoy.


I think you're either taking it too seriously or playing solo.

At least I had a ton of fun playing through it once with a friend. I'm not saying it will provide weeks of entertainment but it was easily worth the couple euros. Would recommend getting any of the DLC though but rather just the main game.


What sort of argument is that? You are aware games can be frustrating even when not taken seriously?

I am saying frustrating games are not fun, and Magicka is one such. I would not recommend paying for frustration, even if it is a tiny amount. That's obviously just my opinion and I'm stating it here for anyone who considers getting it.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
July 10 2011 20:37 GMT
#1065
On July 11 2011 05:34 Ethenielle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 05:25 Vaelone wrote:
On July 11 2011 04:46 Ethenielle wrote:
I wouldn't get Magicka at all.

Summary: game is too frustrating to enjoy.


I think you're either taking it too seriously or playing solo.

At least I had a ton of fun playing through it once with a friend. I'm not saying it will provide weeks of entertainment but it was easily worth the couple euros. Would recommend getting any of the DLC though but rather just the main game.


What sort of argument is that? You are aware games can be frustrating even when not taken seriously?

I am saying frustrating games are not fun, and Magicka is one such. I would not recommend paying for frustration, even if it is a tiny amount. That's obviously just my opinion and I'm stating it here for anyone who considers getting it.

I can't really agree either. I feel that this game is highly enjoyable but only when you are playing it with friends. I can agree that play the game solo is not worth your time.
Kahzaar
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 22:02:44
July 10 2011 20:41 GMT
#1066
Got 3 games during the sale. Bioshock 2, Far Cry 2 and now the last day finally Borderlands. All for only 15 euro, pretty nice
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
July 10 2011 20:48 GMT
#1067
Just got my gaming pc about 2 weeks ago. Already bought cod4, fallout new vegas, left for dead 2, bad company 2 with vietnam, and bioshock. $35 for all those games? Plus i got operation flashpoint, and shogun 2 for free with my pc. Now borderlands is on sale! I already have too many games but 8 dollars is too hard to pass up. Got to love it when prices are so low that you get so many amazing games for so cheap!
I'm a gooner.
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 21:01:01
July 10 2011 20:48 GMT
#1068
Crap, I just realised that I don't have 10 titles on my wishlist -> can't enter the giveaway thing. Anyone with reccomendations for the last spots?

Current list.
* Fable III
* Portal 2
* Heroes of Might/Magic VI
* Civilzation V
* Total War: Shogun 2
* DiRT 3
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
* Blur
* ?
* ?

I would be looking for a good RPG or RTS game but that search seems very hard as I already have quite a lot of games already. For example I already own the complete series of Dragon Age/The Witcher/Assassin's Creed/The Witcher.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 20:55:12
July 10 2011 20:54 GMT
#1069
assuming you can enter games that haven't come out yet: Deus ex, Metro Last Light, Dead Island, WH 40k: Space Marine, Nuclear Dawn, those are on my list anyways
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
July 10 2011 20:59 GMT
#1070
You can enter games that are not released yet (Heroes VI isn't) but they have to already be in the steam store. If that last condition wouldn't be there I would already know what to do as I would definatly add Football Manager 2012 and F1 2011.

I'll take a quick look at the store pages from the games you have listed. Hope I find something nice there.
Bonjo
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany22 Posts
July 10 2011 21:00 GMT
#1071
On July 11 2011 05:48 Wroshe wrote:
Crap, I just realised that I don't have 10 titles on my wishlist -> can't enter the giveaway thing. Anyone with reccomendations for the last spots?

Current list.
* Fable III
* Portal 2
* Heroes of Might/Magic VI
* Civilzation V
* Total War: Shogun 2
* DiRT 3
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
* ?
* ?
* ?

I would be looking for a good RPG or RTS game but that search seems very hard as I already have quite a lot of games already. For example I already own the complete series of Dragon Age/The Witcher/Assassin's Creed/The Witcher.


Even though it is not a RGP or RTS, but Super Meat Boy looks really fun.

Oh and one question about the wishlist-thing, I have 10 games on my wishlist, but it still says "You need to have 10 items on your wishlist to qualify to win!", thats normal, right?
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
July 10 2011 21:01 GMT
#1072
Thanks for the post Bonjo but I already own Super Meat Boy. I can recommend it as it is a very enjoyable but also devilishly hard game.

That message is normal from what I know.
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
July 10 2011 21:42 GMT
#1073
I got 1 copy of Magicka and 2 copies of Borderlands GOTY if anyone wanna trade...
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 10 2011 21:50 GMT
#1074
On July 11 2011 05:48 Wroshe wrote:
Crap, I just realised that I don't have 10 titles on my wishlist -> can't enter the giveaway thing. Anyone with reccomendations for the last spots?

Current list.
* Fable III
* Portal 2
* Heroes of Might/Magic VI
* Civilzation V
* Total War: Shogun 2
* DiRT 3
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
* Blur
* ?
* ?

I would be looking for a good RPG or RTS game but that search seems very hard as I already have quite a lot of games already. For example I already own the complete series of Dragon Age/The Witcher/Assassin's Creed/The Witcher.


Skip Blur and NFS: Hot Pursuit.

Dirt 3 is good.
Portal 2.
Total War.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 21:56:28
July 10 2011 21:56 GMT
#1075
RPGesque: Fallout 2/3/NV, Torchlight, Morrowind, maybe Deus Ex haha

RTSesque: AI War, ???



I held back this time around, only got Super Meat Boy and split Frozen Synapse with a friend.

it's my first day
SorazA
Profile Joined September 2010
40 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 22:32:37
July 10 2011 22:00 GMT
#1076
Argh, this regional pricing sucks. Would anyone be willing to help me get Witcher 2 for the US Price?
PM me please
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
July 10 2011 22:04 GMT
#1077
On July 11 2011 05:48 Wroshe wrote:
Crap, I just realised that I don't have 10 titles on my wishlist -> can't enter the giveaway thing. Anyone with reccomendations for the last spots?

Current list.
* Fable III
* Portal 2
* Heroes of Might/Magic VI
* Civilzation V
* Total War: Shogun 2
* DiRT 3
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
* Blur
* ?
* ?

I would be looking for a good RPG or RTS game but that search seems very hard as I already have quite a lot of games already. For example I already own the complete series of Dragon Age/The Witcher/Assassin's Creed/The Witcher.

RTS wise Company of Heroes is pretty good. You should also look for Batman: Arkham Asylum, one of the best games of the last year. Mass Effect 1 and 2 as RPG if you dont have it yet
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
July 10 2011 22:07 GMT
#1078
On July 11 2011 04:46 Ethenielle wrote:
I wouldn't get Magicka at all.

It's a fun concept, and it really is quite fun for the first few hours, but after that its issues just started to annoy the crap out of me.

Combat/fighting is very unresponsive, and there is a LOT LOT LOT of knockback, and spending half the time flying through the air without being able to do shit is so annoying. Plus if you're mid animation you have to wait for it to finish before you can move again, which again is ridiculously annoying if you want to avoid some sort of knockback effect.

Summary: game is too frustrating to enjoy.

I played it for about 8 hours, it was unique and fun, but was by no means perfect. Still for 3$ it's totally worth it.
Enter a Uh
DisneylandSC
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands435 Posts
July 10 2011 22:16 GMT
#1079
I did not enjoy borderlands at all. The weapons, story and characters are really generic. But most of all the world is / felt really empty and boring. There is like nothing going on. I got bored after a few hours and haven't played it since. Worst 50 euro I spend in a long time.
evantrees
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada497 Posts
July 10 2011 22:33 GMT
#1080

On July 11 2011 05:29 masterbreti wrote:
fml. I wanted borderlands. But spent my last few bucks on X3. Now i'm only sorta pissed that I can't get the money on my account till tomorrow and possibly miss the sale.


well you have till 1 pm eastern tomorrow

QUOTE]On July 11 2011 07:00 rynn wrote:
Argh, this regional pricing sucks. Would anyone be willing to help me get Witcher 2 for the US Price?[/QUOTE]

see if you can find a russian apparently even cheaper there.
rejection and peace tiramisu. I think that went well.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
Nina 128
ViBE96
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14994
ZZZero.O 182
firebathero 104
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
febbydoto70
League of Legends
Doublelift3924
Counter-Strike
Fnx 954
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5666
Other Games
summit1g8255
FrodaN2385
JimRising 455
mouzStarbuck440
KnowMe265
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 34
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie787
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 8m
INu's Battles
13h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 8m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.