• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:14
CEST 16:14
KST 23:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7425 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 163

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 698 Next
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 18:36:10
July 16 2012 18:35 GMT
#3241
Hmm, deciding on age of empires for $10, cause I loved playing the AOE series and never got around to playing 3 back then, but I have this weird psychological thing where I think a game that old (2005) should be $5 and not $10. I'll take more time to think about it.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
July 16 2012 18:52 GMT
#3242
On July 17 2012 03:35 Canucklehead wrote:
Hmm, deciding on age of empires for $10, cause I loved playing the AOE series and never got around to playing 3 back then, but I have this weird psychological thing where I think a game that old (2005) should be $5 and not $10. I'll take more time to think about it.


Imo. Dont do it. Aoe3 is the weakest one of the series and it doesnt really live up to its name.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
July 16 2012 19:00 GMT
#3243
On July 17 2012 02:55 smr wrote:
I'm definitely getting "Dear Esther". Was so happy to see it at 50% earlier today but now we even got the 75% daily. Even a big german weekly had an article about it.

I'm not sure about Metro 2033. It's really cheap at 2,50€ but I'm so easily scared -_-

Might get Fable: The Lost Chapters as well as Murdco said it's the better one of the two. I was always interested how good the series is.

Metro 2033 is totally worth 5$.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 16 2012 19:15 GMT
#3244
aoe3 is weak and overpriced, dont buy it

every age fan still plays aoe2, not 3 for a reason.
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
July 16 2012 19:18 GMT
#3245
Heh, I'll probably pass on aoe cause it is overpriced and I have a ton of unplayed games from past sales still. I just loved playing the age/mythology series back in the day and just never got around to playing 3 when it came out. I think it was cause my comp was too shitty by the time aoe 3 came out.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
July 16 2012 19:18 GMT
#3246
Yeah don't buy AOE3, it's kinda bad and still overpriced
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
bailando
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany332 Posts
July 16 2012 19:31 GMT
#3247
damn. still no arma2.

i bet they wait for the last day. >.>
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
July 16 2012 19:34 GMT
#3248
$10 for the whole F3AR collection.

ARGH First steam sale and I think I already have too much t.t Also... having a hard time passing on Metro 2033 for $5.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 19:43:46
July 16 2012 19:39 GMT
#3249
I don't know if anybody's paying attention to these, but there's a THQ pack for 49.99. Yeah it's a bit more to spend, but:

Company of Heroes + Dawn of War 1,2 + Titan Quest + Saints Row 3 + STALKER + Metro 2033 + Darksiders (and Homefront and Nexuiz which are kinda meh). There's also expansions for almost all of them.

It's a sick deal IMO for a price of one regular AAA title (even less), especially if you do not already own many/any of these. Pretty much all of these games are sheer quality and have a ton of content.
Murdco
Profile Joined June 2011
United States745 Posts
July 16 2012 19:42 GMT
#3250
On July 17 2012 04:39 Talin wrote:
I don't know if anybody's paying attention to these, but there's a THQ pack for 49.99. Yeah it's a bit more to spend, but:

Company of Heroes + Dawn of War 1,2 + Titan Quest + Saints Row 3 + STALKER + Metro 2033 + Darksiders (and Homefront and Nexuiz which are more like meh). There's also expansions for almost all of them.

It's a sick deal IMO for a price of one regular AAA title (even less), especially if you do not already own many/any of these. Pretty much all of these games are sheer quality and have a ton of content.

I don't buy packs and don't recommend them often but this really is a sick deal, together with the 2k pack they are the biggest discounts in this sale by far.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
July 16 2012 19:43 GMT
#3251
On July 17 2012 04:39 Talin wrote:
I don't know if anybody's paying attention to these, but there's a THQ pack for 49.99. Yeah it's a bit more to spend, but:

Company of Heroes + Dawn of War 1,2 + Titan Quest + Saints Row 3 + STALKER + Metro 2033 + Darksiders (and Homefront and Nexuiz which are more like meh). There's also expansions for almost all of them.

It's a sick deal IMO for a price of one regular AAA title (even less), especially if you do not already own many/any of these. Pretty much all of these games are sheer quality and have a ton of content.

The sega pack is also really nice if you like the total war games and don't have them yet.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Dunmer
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom568 Posts
July 16 2012 20:36 GMT
#3252
Just got Shogun 2 and Fable: Lost chapters, looking at the download size of Shogun and my speed I'm going to have to wait for university to play it.

[image loading]
All Ireland Starcraft, check us out on Facebook
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
July 16 2012 20:39 GMT
#3253
On July 17 2012 02:55 smr wrote:
I'm definitely getting "Dear Esther". Was so happy to see it at 50% earlier today but now we even got the 75% daily. Even a big german weekly had an article about it.

I'm not sure about Metro 2033. It's really cheap at 2,50€ but I'm so easily scared -_-

Might get Fable: The Lost Chapters as well as Murdco said it's the better one of the two. I was always interested how good the series is.


Metro 2033 is a good game, I doubt you'll regret it.

Downloading Dear Esther now, thanks to this thread for reminding me of the sale. <3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
July 16 2012 20:40 GMT
#3254
On July 17 2012 05:36 Dunmer wrote:
Just got Shogun 2 and Fable: Lost chapters, looking at the download size of Shogun and my speed I'm going to have to wait for university to play it.

[image loading]

Oh my...
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
July 16 2012 20:42 GMT
#3255
On July 17 2012 05:36 Dunmer wrote:
Just got Shogun 2 and Fable: Lost chapters, looking at the download size of Shogun and my speed I'm going to have to wait for university to play it.

[image loading]

That's not accurate lol, either the test is inaccurate, you have some spyware or your network is loaded.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 20:49:42
July 16 2012 20:49 GMT
#3256
On July 17 2012 02:45 Jakatak_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 02:32 lilwisper wrote:
I am tempted to get Dear Esther. I hear its a trip to play. All exploration and minimal encounters with anything.


I'd watch the ign review on it, I bought it with the soundtrack because apparently its very good (theres an option to buy just the game or the game with the soundtrack for like 75 cents more USD). I know i will like it because I like how it's story driven, the atmosphere is very lonely/empty, it's poetic, the music is great, and it gets progressively stranger the more you play. However, the downfall's seem to be just that, there is nothing the player can really do besides explore and advance the story and I think it's really short (like 2 hours maybe) I wouldn't get this game if it wasn't on sale though. I think most people won't enjoy this game, but i'm actually pretty excited to play it.


Yeah I thought I'd like it too. Sadly it's really just a terrible waste of time. It's pretentious, nonsensical and linear drivel disguised as a story driven "experience". The only positive is it's admittedly pretty in some spots.
Dunmer
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom568 Posts
July 16 2012 20:59 GMT
#3257
On July 17 2012 05:42 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 05:36 Dunmer wrote:
Just got Shogun 2 and Fable: Lost chapters, looking at the download size of Shogun and my speed I'm going to have to wait for university to play it.

[image loading]

That's not accurate lol, either the test is inaccurate, you have some spyware or your network is loaded.


Unfortunately it is accurate and im running on my newly built Linux machine which can get the 30mb in my student house. Sadly my family live in the middle of nowhere and we are literally the last in the lines. Oh how i cannot wait for cable networks.
All Ireland Starcraft, check us out on Facebook
cabarkapa
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1014 Posts
July 16 2012 21:09 GMT
#3258
Cave Story+ is up on a flash sale for 2 more hours, think I would pick that up.

If you haven't played Cave Story, it's probably worth looking into.
Jaehoon - Master strategist
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
July 16 2012 21:30 GMT
#3259
just bought rage + metro 2033 + spacechem for $20 total. and FUCK RAGE IS A HUGE GAME. 20gb goddamn. even downloading at 2mbps this will take a few hours -_-
Free Palestine
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 21:40:08
July 16 2012 21:39 GMT
#3260
Amnesia and Metro 2033 at 5 bucks each are an absolute steal. Definitely recommend those 2. Also, I HIGHLY recommend Cryostasis. Don't let that metacritic score fool you, it's one of the most brilliant and unique games you will ever play, I promise.
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC290
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Yoon 45
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2218
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko702
crisheroes613
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM227
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
Trikslyr69
QueenE60
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2077
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 46m
The PondCast
19h 46m
INu's Battles
20h 46m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.