• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:20
CEST 12:20
KST 19:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9002 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 63

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 665 Next
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
September 20 2011 21:21 GMT
#1241
On September 21 2011 06:11 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 06:08 deth2munkies wrote:
I don't understand why they banned Ponder...I get Preordain, but not BOTH. Seems really excessive. If they wanted to get rid of combo, just ban keyword "STORM" then it's fine.


? Not every combo is Storm-based...


Exactly, and the top combos weren't. They were splinter twin, pyromancers ascension and infect.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
September 20 2011 21:26 GMT
#1242
Pyromancer's/Storm is probably the worst one. There's zero interaction and you basically get the pleasure of watching this guy cast a trillion Gitaxian Probes/Ponders/Preordains/Manamorphs and Remands. Then he gets to twenty and shoots you with Grapeshot - which has the worst art ever, by the way. You just sit there waiting and hoping that one of his 3 Ponders doesn't dig into one of his 4 Manamorphs for his kill spell. BLECH I SAY!

Blazing Shoal/Infect or Emrakul me any day of the week. At least then I can make some phone calls and grab a drink of water.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-20 22:56:33
September 20 2011 22:18 GMT
#1243
On September 21 2011 06:11 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 06:08 deth2munkies wrote:
I don't understand why they banned Ponder...I get Preordain, but not BOTH. Seems really excessive. If they wanted to get rid of combo, just ban keyword "STORM" then it's fine.


? Not every combo is Storm-based...


As far as I'm concerned, Pyromancer's Ascension is fine without Grapeshot, and Blazing Shoal is banned, Through the Breach is still inconsistent and much slower without Cloudpost, GSZ hits Melira pretty hard too. So yeah, every remaining combo after the other bans is Storm based.

Right Twin...Twin is and was just fine IMO, plenty of answers to it.
Hikko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1126 Posts
September 20 2011 23:05 GMT
#1244
The Storm decks are going to be nowhere near as consistent or fast as they were because Rite of Flame and the best cantrips were banned. Splinter Twin was just pretty fine, but the engine behind the crazy fast combo decks had to be axed, and it took the damage from the bannings as well.
♥
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
September 20 2011 23:18 GMT
#1245
On September 21 2011 07:18 deth2munkies wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Pyromancer's Ascension is fine without Grapeshot, and Blazing Shoal is banned, Through the Breach is still inconsistent and much slower without Cloudpost, GSZ hits Melira pretty hard too. So yeah, every remaining combo after the other bans is Storm based.

Right Twin...Twin is and was just fine IMO, plenty of answers to it.


The two Pyromancer's decks in the Philly Top-8 only had one Grapeshot between them. The Grapeshot itself isn't overpowered, it actually interacts poorly with Pyromancer's on its own. Ponder and Preordain just lets the combo-er dig too deep for too cheap with an active Pyromancer's up. I don't think Storm on its own is altogether degenerate.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 20 2011 23:25 GMT
#1246
While I've taken a rather long break from the game since I last posted in the first 30 pages of this thread.

I'd just like to say I'm glad that this thread has managed to stay alive in comparison to the last few attempts at an MTG thread.
Moderator
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
September 20 2011 23:40 GMT
#1247
Most of the melira decks are switching to Chord of Calling over GSZ anyway. My split is 3 chords and 1 GSZ, just in case I draw it for the turn 1 dryad arbor ramp. As for future decks, GW humans is surprisingly fast. It's a bit like playing allies, except that most of your dudes are actually efficient, unlike allies who require the perfect 7 in play.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
September 20 2011 23:41 GMT
#1248
MTG actually has a lot to discuss. You just need the right group of people to do it.
last.resistance
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada543 Posts
September 21 2011 00:11 GMT
#1249
One thing I noticed in my UW draft is that Grand Abolisher doesn't have a creature type at all, where the real card is a human cleric. Is there a bug submission method for MTGO?
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 21 2011 00:15 GMT
#1250
On September 21 2011 09:11 last.resistance wrote:
One thing I noticed in my UW draft is that Grand Abolisher doesn't have a creature type at all, where the real card is a human cleric. Is there a bug submission method for MTGO?


Wow, what do you know...I just checked my collection and you're right. I'm pretty sure I recall a game where my opponent had a 3/3 Abolisher off of Automaton though, so it must be something new with this patch. You can probably find a bug form on Wizards' site, but I wouldn't bother. That place is like a hedge maze.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 21 2011 01:24 GMT
#1251
On September 21 2011 09:15 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 09:11 last.resistance wrote:
One thing I noticed in my UW draft is that Grand Abolisher doesn't have a creature type at all, where the real card is a human cleric. Is there a bug submission method for MTGO?


Wow, what do you know...I just checked my collection and you're right. I'm pretty sure I recall a game where my opponent had a 3/3 Abolisher off of Automaton though, so it must be something new with this patch. You can probably find a bug form on Wizards' site, but I wouldn't bother. That place is like a hedge maze.

Just go to the "help" menu on MTGO and there's a bug report option that takes you directly to the webpage.

Finding it without that is certainly annoying, Wizards's support site sucks.
Vitozerm
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada25 Posts
September 21 2011 22:56 GMT
#1252
On September 21 2011 01:52 Fenrir-Vice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 16:36 Vitozerm wrote:
ALSO

banning mental misstep is going to blow up Legacy
THAT is going to be really fun to see


no... it really won't actually. legacy was a great format for years upon years before misstep was even printed. Brainstorm has been there for ages. There are more than enough cheeky shenanigans that any color can bring out to deal with combo after sideboard.



i meant that legacy was significantly warped by the card and the health of the format should improve...

the card made good decks suck and it was free to cast. WOTC made a good move banning it

by "blow up" i meant that the format is wide open once again, not that it was ruined :3

deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 23 2011 01:15 GMT
#1253
So I'm pissed off now. The shop I draft and FNM at got left off the list for prerelease stuff due to a Wizards-based clerical error, and the other shop that's remotely near my house doesn't answer the phone or e-mails and doesn't have the time for the prerelease listed on ANY calendar at all. Now I have to drive 30 minutes up there to yell at them so I MIGHT be able to go if it's at the right time.

*sigh*
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
September 23 2011 03:04 GMT
#1254
On September 23 2011 10:15 deth2munkies wrote:
So I'm pissed off now. The shop I draft and FNM at got left off the list for prerelease stuff due to a Wizards-based clerical error, and the other shop that's remotely near my house doesn't answer the phone or e-mails and doesn't have the time for the prerelease listed on ANY calendar at all. Now I have to drive 30 minutes up there to yell at them so I MIGHT be able to go if it's at the right time.

*sigh*


That sucks =(

I've always wondered at the viability of MtG shops/comic book stores/other nerd places. I mean, you don't open a Magic place to get rich but it'd be nice if they ran those places like a business once in a while. You know...get central air, vacuum, don't start events 45 minutes later than announced. I'm probably just high maintenance.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
September 23 2011 03:23 GMT
#1255
On September 23 2011 12:04 slyboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2011 10:15 deth2munkies wrote:
So I'm pissed off now. The shop I draft and FNM at got left off the list for prerelease stuff due to a Wizards-based clerical error, and the other shop that's remotely near my house doesn't answer the phone or e-mails and doesn't have the time for the prerelease listed on ANY calendar at all. Now I have to drive 30 minutes up there to yell at them so I MIGHT be able to go if it's at the right time.

*sigh*


That sucks =(

I've always wondered at the viability of MtG shops/comic book stores/other nerd places. I mean, you don't open a Magic place to get rich but it'd be nice if they ran those places like a business once in a while. You know...get central air, vacuum, don't start events 45 minutes later than announced. I'm probably just high maintenance.

Yeah, I always hated showing up at a place for tournaments, when they say that the tournament starts at 6:00PM, so you show up at 5:45 PM ready to go, and then wait around until 7:45 when they finally get going. I didn't care so much when I was 15-16 and had nothing better to do, but now that I'm older and other places to go, it makes paper tournament play impossible.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
September 23 2011 04:29 GMT
#1256
On September 23 2011 10:15 deth2munkies wrote:
So I'm pissed off now. The shop I draft and FNM at got left off the list for prerelease stuff due to a Wizards-based clerical error, and the other shop that's remotely near my house doesn't answer the phone or e-mails and doesn't have the time for the prerelease listed on ANY calendar at all. Now I have to drive 30 minutes up there to yell at them so I MIGHT be able to go if it's at the right time.

*sigh*


Come with me to Asgards then. I think me, Dave T, and a few friends from austin are going. Plus pretty much everyone will be there (Haibing Hu, Phu, and Hibbs). You prolly don't know any of these people, but most of us are meeting at 3rd about... 9ish to head up there.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-23 04:41:55
September 23 2011 04:40 GMT
#1257
On September 23 2011 13:29 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2011 10:15 deth2munkies wrote:
So I'm pissed off now. The shop I draft and FNM at got left off the list for prerelease stuff due to a Wizards-based clerical error, and the other shop that's remotely near my house doesn't answer the phone or e-mails and doesn't have the time for the prerelease listed on ANY calendar at all. Now I have to drive 30 minutes up there to yell at them so I MIGHT be able to go if it's at the right time.

*sigh*


Come with me to Asgards then. I think me, Dave T, and a few friends from austin are going. Plus pretty much everyone will be there (Haibing Hu, Phu, and Hibbs). You prolly don't know any of these people, but most of us are meeting at 3rd about... 9ish to head up there.

Ahem. ASGARDS IS THE SHOP I'M REFERRING TO.

If you have the actual time lemme know, because after calling 2 different numbers and leaving 2 e-mails and checking their website and the Wizards event locator, I still don't know.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-23 04:46:07
September 23 2011 04:41 GMT
#1258
What? 3rd coast doesn't have the prelease? Not Asgards.

Edit: Yes i know there's no prelease at 3rdcoast. I'm saying weere meeting at 3rd coast to head over to the prelease at asguards later that night. I think it's midnight, but I'll make sure tomorrow and email you.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-23 04:59:13
September 23 2011 04:42 GMT
#1259
Thanks.

I'll be at FNM tomorrow, if the prerelease is at midnight, I'll just drop and follow you guys over there.
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
September 23 2011 05:11 GMT
#1260
I really want to play with snapcaster mage, but at the price he is going for now if i open any i will sell immediately. 25-30 for a rare jeez
I can already see the ending
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 10086
StarCastTV_EN201
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 291
Lowko198
ProTech88
Rex 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 6969
EffOrt 2936
BeSt 1096
Larva 1050
Horang2 693
Hyuk 633
ZerO 535
Zeus 209
Hyun 162
soO 133
[ Show more ]
Stork 127
Light 126
Killer 126
Barracks 105
Rush 63
Shinee 47
ToSsGirL 29
Terrorterran 28
Bale 27
Mong 25
PianO 19
Sacsri 15
HiyA 12
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
sorry 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 618
XcaliburYe339
League of Legends
KnowMe36
Counter-Strike
byalli751
Other Games
singsing1707
olofmeister1486
crisheroes234
Livibee185
Sick130
ArmadaUGS58
Mew2King56
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 129
lovetv 10
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH313
• StrangeGG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1979
• Stunt364
Other Games
• WagamamaTV156
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
40m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 40m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.