• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:12
CEST 20:12
KST 03:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12345 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 159

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 665 Next
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
April 17 2012 01:41 GMT
#3161
On April 17 2012 10:35 slyboogie wrote:
Or Slime is just better. I don't really want to pod into anything that hurts too much to pod away - well, except Elesh, obviously.

Now that I really think about it, I think Archon is better than Silverheart too. Sometimes Monk and, yes, Stingerfling Spider.


Ive been playing RG online mostly lately and stingerfling spider has been a great green sun's zenith target from the sb. I do think some pod matchups want a beater at 5 though, and Vorapede is way better at doing that than slime, Monk and Archon are ok though.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
April 17 2012 02:05 GMT
#3162
On April 17 2012 10:41 BlueBird. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 10:35 slyboogie wrote:
Or Slime is just better. I don't really want to pod into anything that hurts too much to pod away - well, except Elesh, obviously.

Now that I really think about it, I think Archon is better than Silverheart too. Sometimes Monk and, yes, Stingerfling Spider.


Ive been playing RG online mostly lately and stingerfling spider has been a great green sun's zenith target from the sb. I do think some pod matchups want a beater at 5 though, and Vorapede is way better at doing that than slime, Monk and Archon are ok though.


I have a Bant list. I've heard that Naya and R/G is usually stronger but I like the Bant-Pod matchup against Zombies and I imagine, I don't know for sure, that it's better against WRR.

As such, I don't really love Vorapede though: Image -> Vorapede -> tEH Sexz
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 04:13:23
April 17 2012 04:09 GMT
#3163
Daily MTG has two nice previews, both Control-ish style finishers:

Demonic Rising
3BB Enchantment

At the beginning of your end step, if you control exactly one creature, put a 5/5 black flying demon creature token onto the battlefield

AND

Entreat the Angels
XXWWW Sorcery
XWW Miracle

Put X 4/4 White Angel creatures tokens with flying onto the battlefield.

The black one is slightly more playable - I'd love top play with the white one, but could it ever be more than a 1 of? And isn't White Sun's Zenith just better?

EDIT: I read the black enchantment as one or less even though I typed it properly...so, not as good as I thought it was.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
wunsun
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada622 Posts
April 17 2012 04:25 GMT
#3164
I think the Entreat the Angels almost has to be a one of, you would hate to have one in your opening hand, or drawing into it before turn 4 or 5 I think
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
April 17 2012 05:12 GMT
#3165
[image loading]
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
April 17 2012 06:23 GMT
#3166
On April 17 2012 13:09 slyboogie wrote:
Daily MTG has two nice previews, both Control-ish style finishers:

Demonic Rising
3BB Enchantment

At the beginning of your end step, if you control exactly one creature, put a 5/5 black flying demon creature token onto the battlefield

AND

Entreat the Angels
XXWWW Sorcery
XWW Miracle

Put X 4/4 White Angel creatures tokens with flying onto the battlefield.

The black one is slightly more playable - I'd love top play with the white one, but could it ever be more than a 1 of? And isn't White Sun's Zenith just better?

EDIT: I read the black enchantment as one or less even though I typed it properly...so, not as good as I thought it was.


If this is the state of control, then lol....the one mana black spells are worth noting though.
Get it by your hands...
hkf
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia354 Posts
April 17 2012 06:37 GMT
#3167
The white miracle is just absurd, although not as absurd as the flame wave for X in limited.
bobbob
Profile Joined December 2009
United States368 Posts
April 17 2012 09:01 GMT
#3168
You can't soulbond 2 creatures with soulbond unless they CIP at the same time, such as T+N.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
April 17 2012 16:59 GMT
#3169
On April 17 2012 18:01 bobbob wrote:
You can't soulbond 2 creatures with soulbond unless they CIP at the same time, such as T+N.


The creatures say when they or another creature ETB right?
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
wunsun
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada622 Posts
April 17 2012 17:24 GMT
#3170
On April 18 2012 01:59 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 18:01 bobbob wrote:
You can't soulbond 2 creatures with soulbond unless they CIP at the same time, such as T+N.


The creatures say when they or another creature ETB right?


Yea, you can soulbound two creatures that each have soulbound, as it says when itself or another creature ETB.
bobbob
Profile Joined December 2009
United States368 Posts
April 17 2012 18:52 GMT
#3171
Oh nvm, I fail at RTFC.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 17 2012 19:41 GMT
#3172
Quick question:

I quit Magic just before the banning of JTMS because I felt like Wizards was printing blatantly overpowered planeswalkers and lands, which were mandatory and gave a distinct advantage to whoever used them over someone who did not.

With the release of Avacyn Restored, I'm thinking about starting up and going to an FNM or two. Is the format more balanced/less expensive per card now? As in, will I have to drop $200 on a playset of planeswalkers to be competitive?
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
DennizR
Profile Joined May 2007
Sweden653 Posts
April 17 2012 19:52 GMT
#3173
On April 18 2012 04:41 Praetorial wrote:
Quick question:

I quit Magic just before the banning of JTMS because I felt like Wizards was printing blatantly overpowered planeswalkers and lands, which were mandatory and gave a distinct advantage to whoever used them over someone who did not.

With the release of Avacyn Restored, I'm thinking about starting up and going to an FNM or two. Is the format more balanced/less expensive per card now? As in, will I have to drop $200 on a playset of planeswalkers to be competitive?



Most tier 1-2 decks in standard cost around 300-500 dollars I believe. For the whole deck that is. I guess it's pretty ok considering everything. You can get cheaper decks of course, especially if your intention is to only play some FNMs.
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
April 17 2012 19:55 GMT
#3174
There is nothing over 30 in standard now(except sword of W/P?), but many of the rares you might need are in the 20-25$ range. Fortunately some of the decent decks do not require too many of those, most of the money will come from the old scars duals and a few sets of newer rares. You could build humans, zombies or spirits easily, and they can compete with any deck in the format. I think you could straight up buy any deck in the format for 300-400$ nowadays.
I can already see the ending
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 20:01:43
April 17 2012 19:56 GMT
#3175
Format is creature based. Lands will be the real barrier since the mana fixing is pretty atrocious. Basically your deck has to beat 2 cards in some way, Lingering Souls and turn 1 Delver.
Get it by your hands...
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 17 2012 19:59 GMT
#3176
On April 18 2012 04:55 DCLXVI wrote:
There is nothing over 30 in standard now(except sword of W/P?), but many of the rares you might need are in the 20-25$ range. Fortunately some of the decent decks do not require too many of those, most of the money will come from the old scars duals and a few sets of newer rares. You could build humans, zombies or spirits easily, and they can compete with any deck in the format. I think you could straight up buy any deck in the format for 300-400$ nowadays.


Okay, thanks for the responses. I will begin construction immediately.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
April 17 2012 20:12 GMT
#3177
I can't wait to fight to pick up a set of the new boseju for creatures.... That card will not be fun to play against, especially since there are good decks like humans/zombies.
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

name a creature type, when using this land to cast a creature of that type it taps for any color and that creature cannot be countered.
I can already see the ending
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
April 17 2012 23:31 GMT
#3178
That is absurd, it makes an aggro-centric format more aggrocentric, and control nearly unplayable. I think the text is wrong. At least make it legendary.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
April 17 2012 23:39 GMT
#3179
Ya that card is really dumb. Every deck should play it. It doesn't even come in tapped. So ridiculous. Control was already pretty bad and this is just nail in the coffin. Good thing I don't play standard or I would be even more pissed.
last.resistance
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada543 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 00:34:29
April 17 2012 23:39 GMT
#3180
Rare Green Creature
Name: Ulvenwald Tracker
Cost: G
P/T: 1/1
Activated Ability: 1G,tap: target creature you control fights target creature
Flavor text: "Peace will come to Innistrad, but only after we have taken out all of the abominations one by one."
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some number of Spanish guys are cracking packs and posting cards. The MTG Salvation partial spoiler is over 100 already.
Spoiler
More are being release on the spoiler forum as well.

UG utility land is UG to give all your non-land spells flash until the end of turn.

Common White Instant
Deals two damage to target attacking or blocking creature for W.

Uncommon U Miracle is 4U
Put target non-land permanent on top of owner's library.
Miracle cost is U.

Rare U Miracle is 3UU
Return all non-land permanents to their owner's hands.
Miracle cost is 1U.

No picture confirmation on this one yet:
+ Show Spoiler +
Mythic W Miracle is 4WW
Put all creatures on the bottom of their owner's libraries.
Miracle cost is W.
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
15:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1071
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 262
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1071
ByuN 446
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 262
Reynor 186
BRAT_OK 47
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44970
Calm 2678
Shuttle 407
actioN 164
Mini 140
firebathero 112
White-Ra 86
Mong 43
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 15
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10627
Counter-Strike
fl0m6531
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2712
Liquid`Hasu484
MindelVK4
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2054
FrodaN1458
B2W.Neo784
olofmeister524
Khaldor447
KnowMe333
crisheroes185
Livibee165
ToD83
Mew2King81
Beastyqt8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick418
BasetradeTV224
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 10
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach80
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• blackmanpl 4
• 80smullet 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1832
Other Games
• imaqtpie923
• Shiphtur658
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
48m
BSL Open Qualifier
48m
OSC
4h 48m
Replay Cast
4h 48m
OSC
17h 48m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.