• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9470 users

NBA Playoffs 2010 - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 188 Next
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 30 2010 16:37 GMT
#501
On April 30 2010 20:09 Klogon wrote:
I do not want the Celtics to win.

Seconded. Can't stand Rondo. Something about him just irks the hell outta me.
God Bless
Holcan
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2593 Posts
April 30 2010 17:11 GMT
#502
On May 01 2010 00:33 RowdierBob wrote:
Wtf did Beaubois basically not play in the second half in favour of Kidd after he got them back into it?!?!

Horrible coaching.

Fucking horrible.



actually they cooled him down to see if Jason Eugene Terry could get it rolling, pretty sure Kidds matchup was ginobli, who both Terry and Beaubois couldnt guard if their lives depended on it.
Reference The Inadvertant Joey, Strong talented orchastrasted intelligent character.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
April 30 2010 17:56 GMT
#503
In my fantasy Suns win out over the Spurs and OKC beats LA with the Suns taking it from them then beating whoever in the east. I want Nash to have a ring. He has been my favorite player for a long long time. I always hear people here talk about how he didn't deserve his 2MVPs, but really what is that team without Nash? He really is the team in every way.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
April 30 2010 18:28 GMT
#504
If only Cuban kept Nash and Nowitski together...

I wonder how he sleeps knowing that he basically traded motherfucking Steve Nash for Old Jason Kidd.

returns upon momentous occasions.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
April 30 2010 18:31 GMT
#505
Mavs would of won by now if it were Dirk Nash and that team they have now.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Kazius
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Israel1456 Posts
April 30 2010 18:43 GMT
#506
On May 01 2010 02:56 tonight wrote:
In my fantasy Suns win out over the Spurs and OKC beats LA with the Suns taking it from them then beating whoever in the east. I want Nash to have a ring. He has been my favorite player for a long long time. I always hear people here talk about how he didn't deserve his 2MVPs, but really what is that team without Nash? He really is the team in every way.

I hate the Spurs with a passion. They are a team in Tim Duncan's image - boring, uninspired, ugly, and horribly efficient team. They're very good at what they do, but I just don't want to watch it. They are the anti-Suns, which are a team in Nash's image - exciting, creative, beautiful and extremely naive team. Nash has been my favorite player since he moved to Phoenix - he made scrubs into scoring machines (3Diao, Matrix, Q-Rich, Barbosa), forced an open game by single-handed opening of the floor and turning the fast break into an art. I'll say this: He deserved 2 MVPs, just one of them should have been instead of Nowitzki. He brought his team to the playoffs when Shawn Marion played C.

On May 01 2010 03:28 HonestTea wrote:
If only Cuban kept Nash and Nowitski together...

I wonder how he sleeps knowing that he basically traded motherfucking Steve Nash for Old Jason Kidd.

I don't think Nash's play style is really that compatible with the team as Kidd's is. Of course, there are better fits than that - Derron Williams, Billups, etc... but considering that at the time of the trade, Nash went out with Don Nelson, in order to make sure they play a more measured game - it made sense and brought them to the finals.
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Anyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
April 30 2010 20:21 GMT
#507
On May 01 2010 03:43 Kazius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2010 02:56 tonight wrote:
In my fantasy Suns win out over the Spurs and OKC beats LA with the Suns taking it from them then beating whoever in the east. I want Nash to have a ring. He has been my favorite player for a long long time. I always hear people here talk about how he didn't deserve his 2MVPs, but really what is that team without Nash? He really is the team in every way.

I hate the Spurs with a passion. They are a team in Tim Duncan's image - boring, uninspired, ugly, and horribly efficient team. They're very good at what they do, but I just don't want to watch it. They are the anti-Suns, which are a team in Nash's image - exciting, creative, beautiful and extremely naive team. Nash has been my favorite player since he moved to Phoenix - he made scrubs into scoring machines (3Diao, Matrix, Q-Rich, Barbosa), forced an open game by single-handed opening of the floor and turning the fast break into an art. I'll say this: He deserved 2 MVPs, just one of them should have been instead of Nowitzki. He brought his team to the playoffs when Shawn Marion played C.

Show nested quote +
On May 01 2010 03:28 HonestTea wrote:
If only Cuban kept Nash and Nowitski together...

I wonder how he sleeps knowing that he basically traded motherfucking Steve Nash for Old Jason Kidd.

I don't think Nash's play style is really that compatible with the team as Kidd's is. Of course, there are better fits than that - Derron Williams, Billups, etc... but considering that at the time of the trade, Nash went out with Don Nelson, in order to make sure they play a more measured game - it made sense and brought them to the finals.


LOL - I love the Spurs for most of the same reasons you hate them! I love the fact that they are not flashy (you call them "boring" - fine), that they just play fantastic fundamentals-based basketball. Also love how humble they are vs. the majority of players in th league who think they pwn the world after they get into the NBA. I even love the management team for making the past 15 years happen at all in a small cap market. And Pop's sarcasm is just awesome (if it helps, Sloan is my 2nd favorite coach in the league).

Nash - yeah, love the guy too, and fully agree he made soooo many players look better than they are. And he DOES have 2 MVPs - 04/05 and 05/06. Dirk won the year after.

Nash + Dirk = not good, agreed there as well. You can't have two players who don't defend well, and Nash works a bit better with more athletic players. So I don't see it.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 21:29:48
April 30 2010 21:28 GMT
#508
You'd be dreaming if you think the Suns can beat any of the Eastern Powers in the finals. Really the ONLY WCF team that's had a shot vs Orlando/Cleveland/Boston for the past 3 years has been the Lakers. Everyone else will get obliterated. Imagine any other team vs Boston in that 2008 Finals. Jeezus christ


@citizen: Dirk isn't really that bad of a defender. He just isn't your typical PF so he has major issues with muscle bound brutalisks pummeling him in the post.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
May 01 2010 00:06 GMT
#509
Actually I think the Suns could beat Eastern teams. These playoffs have been unpredictable and the finals will probably be the most so. If they were vs. the Cavs, the Suns have a chance to outperform everyone except Lebron. If it would be vs. the Magic (OMG how sweet, Amare vs. Dwight) it is really hard to predict, Dwight is not consistent, and even if he was it is hard to predict who gets the better of the big men match up. Yeah, I know everyone will say Dwight > Amare but Amare is underrated and has always played evenly or better head to head with Dwight, even when out of form due to injuries.
It is way to early to think about the finals I know but after last night I kept imagining the sweetness of a phoenix/orlando finals. Last year I wanted Kobe vs. Lebron but this year I don't want Lebron vs. a gimpy Kobe.
wtf was that signature
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
May 01 2010 00:09 GMT
#510
On May 01 2010 03:43 Kazius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2010 02:56 tonight wrote:
In my fantasy Suns win out over the Spurs and OKC beats LA with the Suns taking it from them then beating whoever in the east. I want Nash to have a ring. He has been my favorite player for a long long time. I always hear people here talk about how he didn't deserve his 2MVPs, but really what is that team without Nash? He really is the team in every way.

Nash has been my favorite player since he moved to Phoenix - he made scrubs into scoring machines (3Diao, Matrix, Q-Rich, Barbosa), forced an open game by single-handed opening of the floor and turning the fast break into an art. I'll say this: He deserved 2 MVPs, just one of them should have been instead of Nowitzki. He brought his team to the playoffs when Shawn Marion played C.


Shawn Marion was playing really well mostly because he was a top SF at the time. Also Barbosa mostly creates for himself and was most often on the floor when Nash was resting.
wtf was that signature
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
May 01 2010 00:15 GMT
#511
Damn really low scoring game in milwaukee so far ... 34-31 bucks at half time.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 00:25:13
May 01 2010 00:19 GMT
#512
On May 01 2010 09:06 Servolisk wrote:
Actually I think the Suns could beat Eastern teams. These playoffs have been unpredictable and the finals will probably be the most so. If they were vs. the Cavs, the Suns have a chance to outperform everyone except Lebron. If it would be vs. the Magic (OMG how sweet, Amare vs. Dwight) it is really hard to predict, Dwight is not consistent, and even if he was it is hard to predict who gets the better of the big men match up. Yeah, I know everyone will say Dwight > Amare but Amare is underrated and has always played evenly or better head to head with Dwight, even when out of form due to injuries.
It is way to early to think about the finals I know but after last night I kept imagining the sweetness of a phoenix/orlando finals. Last year I wanted Kobe vs. Lebron but this year I don't want Lebron vs. a gimpy Kobe.


The Suns unfortunately have major problems that separate them from being top tier. For the last few years there have only been FOUR teams mentioned as true title contenders for a reason: all of them were defensive juggernauts. Boston, LA, Cleveland and Orlando. Phoenix has no shot against any of them in a BO7 barring injuries.

Phoenix can't outlast Boston in 7 games, and they can't stop any of their Big 4 for 7 games. On the other hand Boston has proven for the last 3 years that when it's on the line their defense steps up and rips everyone to shreds. They battled Orlando last year WITHOUT KEVIN GARNETT. Do you know how HUGE that was for their credibility? Phoenix would get ripped apart.

Cleveland vs Phoenix isn't even fair and I doubt it would go past 5. Not only does Cleveland have a scary defense but they are an even worse matchup nightmare. Antawn Jamison will feel right at home with Amare having to stay on the perimeter. If you put Amare in the paint does it really help vs Shaq? Grant Hill is sweet, but not sweet enough to stop Lebron. Channing Frye can shoot 3s all day but it won't matter as Phoenix will get out rebounded and manhandled in half court ball. The best bet is Steve Nash going haywire.

Orlando vs Phoenix is also unfair. DOPY and a 3-pt threat team. This is actually the worst MU imo that Phoenix could have. They are almost like Phoenix in that they shoot lots of 3s but that they have Rashard Lewis (if he doesn't fuck up) and Vince Carter that can create their own shot and mis matches. I won't even acknowledge Jameer Nelson as a threat but once again it comes down to Nash and Amare.

In all 3 examples the Suns have a shot offensively because they can get hot. The problem as always is DEFENSE. When is the last time an offensive juggernaut that has had defensive problems won a championship? The Suns are good defensively and at times down right brilliant, but not consistent. They'd get mauled by the top 3 Eastern teams with ease. Even Atlanta and dare I say it a healthy Milwaukee or even Chicago would give them problems.

edit: I said Spurs when I meant Suns in the last paragraph ^_^
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
poor newb
Profile Joined April 2004
United States1879 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 00:53:32
May 01 2010 00:53 GMT
#513
rofl bucks cant score in 3rd quarter, dont fail dammit
How do you mine minerals?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 01 2010 01:10 GMT
#514
Bucks missing tons of open shots.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
May 01 2010 01:22 GMT
#515
This game is making me wish the playoffs were reduced to 6 or 4 teams like the NFL or MLB.

Even if the Bucks come back, I can't erase the sadness.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 01 2010 01:28 GMT
#516
Milwaukee unraveling. They've had SO many chances to comeback and just end this.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 01:40:24
May 01 2010 01:32 GMT
#517
On May 01 2010 10:28 Ace wrote:
Milwaukee unraveling. They've had SO many chances to comeback and just end this.

Both teams have been unraveled all game long. Stephen Jackson couldn't make this game any uglier. I can't believe Tirico and Brown are talking about great defense. I actually liked Delfino in Detroit, but he should not be your floor leader ever. The Bucks are just a bad, injured team and the Hawks play to their opponent's level.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the idiot behind Hubie Brown has actually made the game worse.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 02:43:20
May 01 2010 01:56 GMT
#518
Lakers looking crisp and the Thunder shooting blanks.

Oh Van Gundy, you're slowly turning into the next Walton with absurdities.
Get it by your hands...
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
May 01 2010 02:43 GMT
#519
thank god i didn't watch that bucks game, it must have been brutal
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
May 01 2010 02:45 GMT
#520
Man, is free throw the only thing that the Thunders are good at?
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft409
Mew2King112
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1050
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.