• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:50
CEST 15:50
KST 22:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8057 users

NBA Playoffs 2010 - Page 141

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 188 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
June 09 2010 22:35 GMT
#2801
Luke works well in Jackson's system namely because he seems to understand the triangle very well, more so than any of the other bench players.
Get it by your hands...
CSN
Profile Joined February 2009
United States175 Posts
June 09 2010 22:35 GMT
#2802
On June 10 2010 07:33 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 07:31 CSN wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:14 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:09 Holcan wrote:
confidence in luke walton? you know he is their worst player and if Ray Allen would have hit half his shots like he normally does than we would be complaining about Artest picking up two early fouls.



I beg to differ, I think Adam Morrison is the worst player in the Lakers followed by Josh Powell. I actually think Luke is a great player, he just has the luxury of playing in a great team so he doesn't have to score in bunches or make explosive plays.


i agree, luke is a talented player and def not the worst.

What i see in Luke is a lack of self confidence. I see him hesitate to take a shot and then the defender closes down on him and he has to drive and dish or pass. He needs to take those shots. It may have to do something about living up to his father's legacy.


i'd actually like it when he would drive and dish than take shots.
"you posting only about sports here makes you a non-contributing member, and therefor, your arrogant attitude towards him is not good humor, just you being a prick." -kazius
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
June 09 2010 23:05 GMT
#2803
i remember luke making a couple big buckets here and there last year's playoffs/the year before. i wish he would get that opportunity again because i really like him.
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 23:22:58
June 09 2010 23:17 GMT
#2804
On June 10 2010 07:33 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 07:31 CSN wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:14 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:09 Holcan wrote:
confidence in luke walton? you know he is their worst player and if Ray Allen would have hit half his shots like he normally does than we would be complaining about Artest picking up two early fouls.



I beg to differ, I think Adam Morrison is the worst player in the Lakers followed by Josh Powell. I actually think Luke is a great player, he just has the luxury of playing in a great team so he doesn't have to score in bunches or make explosive plays.


i agree, luke is a talented player and def not the worst.

What i see in Luke is a lack of self confidence. I see him hesitate to take a shot and then the defender closes down on him and he has to drive and dish or pass. He needs to take those shots. It may have to do something about living up to his father's legacy.


He's not a great jump shooter but he's a great passer/play-maker so he's playing to his strength. Yeah he lacks self-confidence but that's what happens when you've been benched for the season because of injuries and you're called upon during the finals against the Celtics. I actually prefer he passes than take contested shots.

Also, did anyone notice the face Big Baby made during the fourth quarter? I seriously hate that guy and the faces he makes. Just thinking about it makes me angry ARGHHFHDFG
condoriano
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
June 09 2010 23:21 GMT
#2805
I still can't get over the last game.
Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat?
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
June 09 2010 23:54 GMT
#2806
On June 10 2010 08:21 condoriano wrote:
I still can't get over the last game.


I'm guessing you're a Celtics fan
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
June 10 2010 01:40 GMT
#2807
For you guys watching the game on TNT tomorrow night, be on the lookout for the SC2 ad! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6219444&id=178337772456

If the Lakers can play as solid on D as they did in game 3 and Kobe doesn't shoot 10/29, I think the Lakers has a good chance of stealing game 4.
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
June 10 2010 01:42 GMT
#2808
On June 10 2010 08:17 Miss_Cleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 07:33 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:31 CSN wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:14 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:09 Holcan wrote:
confidence in luke walton? you know he is their worst player and if Ray Allen would have hit half his shots like he normally does than we would be complaining about Artest picking up two early fouls.



I beg to differ, I think Adam Morrison is the worst player in the Lakers followed by Josh Powell. I actually think Luke is a great player, he just has the luxury of playing in a great team so he doesn't have to score in bunches or make explosive plays.


i agree, luke is a talented player and def not the worst.

What i see in Luke is a lack of self confidence. I see him hesitate to take a shot and then the defender closes down on him and he has to drive and dish or pass. He needs to take those shots. It may have to do something about living up to his father's legacy.


He's not a great jump shooter but he's a great passer/play-maker so he's playing to his strength. Yeah he lacks self-confidence but that's what happens when you've been benched for the season because of injuries and you're called upon during the finals against the Celtics. I actually prefer he passes than take contested shots.

Also, did anyone notice the face Big Baby made during the fourth quarter? I seriously hate that guy and the faces he makes. Just thinking about it makes me angry ARGHHFHDFG

Ahahah Big Baby's faces are my favorite part of watching celtics games.
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
BalliSLife
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
1339 Posts
June 10 2010 03:03 GMT
#2809
This is the Luke walton mix by lukewalton4mvp




I have no comment
Ya well, at least I don't fuck a fleshlight with a condom on and cry at the same time.
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
June 10 2010 08:42 GMT
#2810
On June 10 2010 12:03 BalliSLife wrote:
This is the Luke walton mix by lukewalton4mvp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIl7EgN5dAc


I have no comment



what's with all this luke hating going on in this forum
Lefnui
Profile Joined November 2008
United States753 Posts
June 10 2010 09:06 GMT
#2811
On June 10 2010 08:17 Miss_Cleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 07:33 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:31 CSN wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:14 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:09 Holcan wrote:
confidence in luke walton? you know he is their worst player and if Ray Allen would have hit half his shots like he normally does than we would be complaining about Artest picking up two early fouls.



I beg to differ, I think Adam Morrison is the worst player in the Lakers followed by Josh Powell. I actually think Luke is a great player, he just has the luxury of playing in a great team so he doesn't have to score in bunches or make explosive plays.


i agree, luke is a talented player and def not the worst.

What i see in Luke is a lack of self confidence. I see him hesitate to take a shot and then the defender closes down on him and he has to drive and dish or pass. He needs to take those shots. It may have to do something about living up to his father's legacy.


He's not a great jump shooter but he's a great passer/play-maker so he's playing to his strength. Yeah he lacks self-confidence but that's what happens when you've been benched for the season because of injuries and you're called upon during the finals against the Celtics. I actually prefer he passes than take contested shots.

Also, did anyone notice the face Big Baby made during the fourth quarter? I seriously hate that guy and the faces he makes. Just thinking about it makes me angry ARGHHFHDFG

I agree that it's a lack of self confidence. I don't think it's because of how much he is benched either. Other players who sit out as often seem to be more confident, such as Vujacic. Sasha is also mocked but no matter how few minutes he has it seems like he comes into the game very calm, as if he'd been in from the start. Walton on the other hand seems to be trying too hard and second guessing himself. I've seen many instances where he has a wide open shot or lane and misses it because of hesitation. It reminds me of kids who were inferior players and so they'd only see a few minutes of play every so often. They'd play very tight and intense, trying so hard to prove something. Basketball requires a much more relaxed style, 'letting the game come to you'. There are a lot of players who feel pressured to play well for their father. Considering how great Bill Walton was that is probably the case with Luke.

All of that said, Walton is a strong player. He makes great passes that most others would never see. It's just frustrating because I think he could be a far better player.

As for that face that Davis made, it was mental. It was weird, looked almost sexual.

sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
June 10 2010 10:27 GMT
#2812
Everybody loves Luke Walton even though he does close to nothing nowadays. Must be a nice guy.
lol I don't hate the guy. I'm completely indifferent to him.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
June 10 2010 21:29 GMT
#2813
On June 10 2010 08:17 Miss_Cleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 07:33 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:31 CSN wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:14 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:09 Holcan wrote:
confidence in luke walton? you know he is their worst player and if Ray Allen would have hit half his shots like he normally does than we would be complaining about Artest picking up two early fouls.



I beg to differ, I think Adam Morrison is the worst player in the Lakers followed by Josh Powell. I actually think Luke is a great player, he just has the luxury of playing in a great team so he doesn't have to score in bunches or make explosive plays.


i agree, luke is a talented player and def not the worst.

What i see in Luke is a lack of self confidence. I see him hesitate to take a shot and then the defender closes down on him and he has to drive and dish or pass. He needs to take those shots. It may have to do something about living up to his father's legacy.


He's not a great jump shooter but he's a great passer/play-maker so he's playing to his strength. Yeah he lacks self-confidence but that's what happens when you've been benched for the season because of injuries and you're called upon during the finals against the Celtics. I actually prefer he passes than take contested shots.

Also, did anyone notice the face Big Baby made during the fourth quarter? I seriously hate that guy and the faces he makes. Just thinking about it makes me angry ARGHHFHDFG




I'm not sure you can be a great passer/play-maker without having some ability to score. Top point guards like Magic, Stockton and Nash all had ways of punishing teams that just expect them to pass all the time. He needs to make some open jumpers so the defense actually bothers to contest his shots.
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
June 10 2010 22:03 GMT
#2814
ugh. OSL prelim has time conflict with game 4.
eatmyshorts5
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1530 Posts
June 10 2010 22:05 GMT
#2815
On June 11 2010 07:03 bearbuddy wrote:
ugh. OSL prelim has time conflict with game 4.

I think you should watch the finals, because i think prelims will be on youtube.
BF:BC2 ID: BisuStork//CJ Entusman #32
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
June 10 2010 22:42 GMT
#2816
On June 10 2010 10:40 holy_war wrote:
For you guys watching the game on TNT tomorrow night, be on the lookout for the SC2 ad! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6219444&id=178337772456

If the Lakers can play as solid on D as they did in game 3 and Kobe doesn't shoot 10/29, I think the Lakers has a good chance of stealing game 4.


I thought they were going to be airing it on ABC.
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
Lefnui
Profile Joined November 2008
United States753 Posts
June 10 2010 23:22 GMT
#2817
On June 11 2010 07:42 Saturnize wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 10:40 holy_war wrote:
For you guys watching the game on TNT tomorrow night, be on the lookout for the SC2 ad! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6219444&id=178337772456

If the Lakers can play as solid on D as they did in game 3 and Kobe doesn't shoot 10/29, I think the Lakers has a good chance of stealing game 4.


I thought they were going to be airing it on ABC.

Yeah it's ABC, not sure why he thought TNT.
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
June 10 2010 23:34 GMT
#2818
My fault,yeah its definitely ABC. I thought for some reason it was still the western conference finals for some reason lol.
CSN
Profile Joined February 2009
United States175 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-11 00:11:54
June 10 2010 23:49 GMT
#2819
On June 11 2010 06:29 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 08:17 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:33 eatmyshorts5 wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:31 CSN wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:14 Miss_Cleo wrote:
On June 10 2010 07:09 Holcan wrote:
confidence in luke walton? you know he is their worst player and if Ray Allen would have hit half his shots like he normally does than we would be complaining about Artest picking up two early fouls.



I beg to differ, I think Adam Morrison is the worst player in the Lakers followed by Josh Powell. I actually think Luke is a great player, he just has the luxury of playing in a great team so he doesn't have to score in bunches or make explosive plays.


i agree, luke is a talented player and def not the worst.

What i see in Luke is a lack of self confidence. I see him hesitate to take a shot and then the defender closes down on him and he has to drive and dish or pass. He needs to take those shots. It may have to do something about living up to his father's legacy.


He's not a great jump shooter but he's a great passer/play-maker so he's playing to his strength. Yeah he lacks self-confidence but that's what happens when you've been benched for the season because of injuries and you're called upon during the finals against the Celtics. I actually prefer he passes than take contested shots.

Also, did anyone notice the face Big Baby made during the fourth quarter? I seriously hate that guy and the faces he makes. Just thinking about it makes me angry ARGHHFHDFG




I'm not sure you can be a great passer/play-maker without having some ability to score. Top point guards like Magic, Stockton and Nash all had ways of punishing teams that just expect them to pass all the time. He needs to make some open jumpers so the defense actually bothers to contest his shots.


of course you can be a great passer/play-maker without having the ability score. Check out kidd, he can't score and he still runs that shit.
"you posting only about sports here makes you a non-contributing member, and therefor, your arrogant attitude towards him is not good humor, just you being a prick." -kazius
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-11 00:24:41
June 11 2010 00:17 GMT
#2820
Oh, I guess OSL prelim doesn't broadcast till much later.

Sweet. Now I can catch both.
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 10m
The PondCast
20h 10m
INu's Battles
21h 10m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.