• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 4263

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
October 11 2014 09:07 GMT
#85241
On October 11 2014 17:49 Emnjay808 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 16:40 Shock710 wrote:
i watched Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji out of boredom (huge lack of romance animes this season)
learned 3 things
1. male mc is a douche
2. male mc has a fetish for dogs
3. that dog is ugly as hell

Did you try Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

Normally Im into these kinds of anime. But this one was off-putting for some reason..

ill give Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso a try i normally check the summaries just with mal and base if i wanna watch it or not on that and not the first ep (which probably isnt a good idea) and this one didnt really seem particular striking but ill try it out.
(and when u said off putting do u mean Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso or Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
AbareKiller
Profile Joined May 2014
456 Posts
October 11 2014 09:31 GMT
#85242
I went back and re-read what I've read so far of Alternative with sound.

Holy fuck, entirely different experience
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 10:01:18
October 11 2014 10:00 GMT
#85243
thanks to some people here i watched twintail last night too quick forward most of the it but i watched the whole battle scene. yes i am confused as fck too lol but it is not something new anyway, i decided to watch it mainly thanks to the nice google image of the rest of the magical twintails
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
ForTehDarkseid
Profile Joined April 2013
8139 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 11:48:31
October 11 2014 10:36 GMT
#85244
This season is so big I am gonna die reviewing it. But I'll do it anyway.

1.1 Shit you should avoid at all costs

TerraforMARS (4/10, 3 episodes in): No, it's not Mars. It's fucking parallel Earth with identical сhemical composition of atmosphere and sunlight spectre, fearuring mysterious tundra landscapes and middle climat zone fauna. It has exact same gravitation field as our home planet and no radiation in bound, so tell me again why did roaches evolve in a first place, huh.

Gore is stupid, production quality is Korean levels of awful, characters are non-existant. It starts devilishly boring, it continues to be tiring and making no sense whatsever and has worst kind of lame censoring you would ever like to see (bring back steam and white screens, please!) to finish it off.

I like B-movies and sci-fi, and sci-fi B movies, but that's too much to handle at once.

World Trigger (3/10, dropped): The only saving grace of wasting 20 minutes on that hack-off is MC's smugface alien friend who was obviously modeled after HxH's Killua and the fact that MC himself got beaten for being a boring faggot straight from the get go. There would also be a zero charisma girl protag, and some silly explanation about portals and monsters that turn into bricks after death, but action sucks THAT badly it's no excuse for shounen cartoon and down the trashbin it goes.

1.2 Dissappointing start

Amagi Brilliant Park (5/10): I will be short with this one. WORST MC EVER, blatant FMP pandering, girls are boring abnormal beings. Designs are so much self-plagiarism it hurts, obligatory past teh drama and slapstick violence included. It's all a fairy dust anyway, don't expect manager simulator from this and you will be ok.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (5/10, won't survive all 22 eps for sure): Trying to sell young romance and idealism so hard you won't buy it in the end. Judging by a first episode, it's going to be a really slowly-paced ride. Main girl is flat and ordinary as a green field, her social acting and over-the-top activities are rather annoying. Tragic past stories are strong the selling point here, too - disabled genius creators/performers are such a trend in anime, oh my.

Gundam Build Fighters Try (6/10 so far): The main girl feels unnatural, boys has no charisma, action is unremarkable and uninspired. Gunpla focus is forced even harder than before and explanations are getting ever more ridiculous. Dialogues are mediocre and story has no hook so far, no special Gundam feel in it.

To be continued..
I think their strategy is to dumpster bad Western teams (c) uriel
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 10:45:56
October 11 2014 10:39 GMT
#85245
Finally started an MAL!

Now I need to remember what I've actually seen

edit: started Aldnoah.Zero as well. Ep 1 seemed promising.
Administrator
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 10:48:50
October 11 2014 10:47 GMT
#85246
I thought World Trigger was decent enough to keep watching it. Apparently it also has an interesting manga story? Not sure, but I think some people said that in this thread.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 11:05:01
October 11 2014 11:03 GMT
#85247
World trigger honestly didnt start off too good in manga either so i dont blame some people ditch it quickly. It has always been in the 'mildly interesting' zone until it went off really good since about half year ago, a slow warm up manga i'd say (partly thanks to the big amount of characters in it thus the writer needs some time to develop them) but obviously it has become popular enough to get animed.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 11:06:51
October 11 2014 11:05 GMT
#85248
Seeing how I loved Amagi Brilliant Park as well, it seems like he has a different taste anyway.

But if you say World Trigger gets better after a while, that's another reason to not drop it. I mean it wasn't a great first episode, but I'd still give it a 6/10.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 11:42:58
October 11 2014 11:42 GMT
#85249
Psycho-Pass 2 ep 1 was a solid start :D
I look forward to it. Oh, and Akane was hella cool.
bluegarfield
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore1128 Posts
October 11 2014 12:05 GMT
#85250
On October 11 2014 20:05 HolydaKing wrote:
Seeing how I loved Amagi Brilliant Park as well, it seems like he has a different taste anyway.

But if you say World Trigger gets better after a while, that's another reason to not drop it. I mean it wasn't a great first episode, but I'd still give it a 6/10.


I also hope World Trigger get better, especially after all the hype around it. But if anything, I am more bothered by their animation, or rather the lack of it. Watching slideshow is a bit of put off, may as well read manga instead T_T
ELqQQT_T
MichaelEU
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands816 Posts
October 11 2014 12:09 GMT
#85251
Watched twintail. Dammit Elem why you have to hate on twintails?
世界を革命する力を!― znf: "Michael-oniichan ( *^▽^*)ノ✩キラ✩"
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
October 11 2014 12:16 GMT
#85252
On October 11 2014 21:05 bluegarfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 20:05 HolydaKing wrote:
Seeing how I loved Amagi Brilliant Park as well, it seems like he has a different taste anyway.

But if you say World Trigger gets better after a while, that's another reason to not drop it. I mean it wasn't a great first episode, but I'd still give it a 6/10.


I also hope World Trigger get better, especially after all the hype around it. But if anything, I am more bothered by their animation, or rather the lack of it. Watching slideshow is a bit of put off, may as well read manga instead T_T


what hype? I don't remember any hype for world trigger.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 11 2014 12:28 GMT
#85253
Log Horizon Episode 2 Season 2:
+ Show Spoiler +
It was a decent episode, but I feel like there isn't enough action and I doubt even now that the raid is in the lowest level, there will be more of it. Seems to be the style of Log Horizon. I prefered the style of early SAO (Season 1 of course), where dead meant game over and combats were fierce and they showed them.
bluegarfield
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore1128 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 12:42:16
October 11 2014 12:37 GMT
#85254
On October 11 2014 21:16 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 21:05 bluegarfield wrote:
On October 11 2014 20:05 HolydaKing wrote:
Seeing how I loved Amagi Brilliant Park as well, it seems like he has a different taste anyway.

But if you say World Trigger gets better after a while, that's another reason to not drop it. I mean it wasn't a great first episode, but I'd still give it a 6/10.


I also hope World Trigger get better, especially after all the hype around it. But if anything, I am more bothered by their animation, or rather the lack of it. Watching slideshow is a bit of put off, may as well read manga instead T_T


what hype? I don't remember any hype for world trigger.


Wasnt there some hype since last season? may be not the anime, but iirc there were some, may be mostly around the manga when someone brought it up. may be I read it somewhere else
ELqQQT_T
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 12:50:22
October 11 2014 12:50 GMT
#85255
^rofl if it was here then it must have been me. The manga is really nice especially from the latest chapters, seeing that the other 2 mainstream shounens suck donkeyballs nowadays
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 11 2014 16:06 GMT
#85256
Is it just me or are there a lot of interesting animes this season? Don't remember planning to pick up this much since well, ever lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
October 11 2014 16:07 GMT
#85257
On October 11 2014 21:37 bluegarfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 21:16 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On October 11 2014 21:05 bluegarfield wrote:
On October 11 2014 20:05 HolydaKing wrote:
Seeing how I loved Amagi Brilliant Park as well, it seems like he has a different taste anyway.

But if you say World Trigger gets better after a while, that's another reason to not drop it. I mean it wasn't a great first episode, but I'd still give it a 6/10.


I also hope World Trigger get better, especially after all the hype around it. But if anything, I am more bothered by their animation, or rather the lack of it. Watching slideshow is a bit of put off, may as well read manga instead T_T


what hype? I don't remember any hype for world trigger.


Wasnt there some hype since last season? may be not the anime, but iirc there were some, may be mostly around the manga when someone brought it up. may be I read it somewhere else


that was me and sera.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 11 2014 16:41 GMT
#85258
Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 2 continued to be very interesting. And no BigFan, there are almost too many good animes this season. :D
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 16:56:34
October 11 2014 16:55 GMT
#85259
On October 11 2014 18:31 AbareKiller wrote:
I went back and re-read what I've read so far of Alternative with sound.

Holy fuck, entirely different experience

You were reading it without sound? I can't imagine what Alternative would be like without the crunching and chewing, or


Not to mention without all the JAM Project as well.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
bluegarfield
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore1128 Posts
October 11 2014 17:30 GMT
#85260
On October 12 2014 01:06 BigFan wrote:
Is it just me or are there a lot of interesting animes this season? Don't remember planning to pick up this much since well, ever lol.


Yeah there are many, at least after ep1. If all keep up, can this be the best season yet?

Anw, Log Horizon ep2 is gud
ELqQQT_T
Prev 1 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
Other Games
summit1g8402
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE157
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 16m
Patches Events
11h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 16m
OSC
19h 16m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.