• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:40
CEST 11:40
KST 18:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7575 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 301

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 299 300 301 302 303 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
May 22 2010 21:33 GMT
#6001
On May 22 2010 18:24 shadesofkarma wrote:
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to anime but I hope you vets could help me out with some recommendations ^^

I recently watched Gundam Seed (+ Destiny) after a friend's suggestion, and I throughly enjoyed it. I was wondering if there are any similar anime. I watched Gundam 00 and Wing, and while they were enjoyable in their own right, I didn't like it as much as Seed.

What I really enjoyed about Seed was the complex relationships between the characters and the multi layered romantic aspect. When combined with the deep political backstory, the soundtrack and insert songs, and the epic showdowns (Kira vs Athrun omg kekkekek), Gundam Seed really had an emotional impact on me. Gundam Wing and 00 just didn't affect me in the same way.

Although some critic Gundam Seed to be overly sappy and corny (Destiny especially lol), I really enjoyed the series and it really had a deep emotional effect on me. I would like some recommendations of series that could evoke the same emotions Gundam Seed did. The character developments and relationships were so well done and then plus the music and fight scenes, something about it was just so profound.

Although Gundam Seed is a Mecha, I'm open to all genres, just any series that can have that emotional effect on me.

Thanks ^^

The Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Just overlook its outdatedness. It's really damn good.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Shigure
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States215 Posts
May 22 2010 21:34 GMT
#6002
Unicorn Gundam! FTW lol
Code Geass is pretty good as well, kinda like seed but less laser spam -- till the end atleast
Iam the mod in KawaiiRice's stream, banning you
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
May 22 2010 21:52 GMT
#6003
Raxephon was a blatant and lesser copy of Evangelion.. there are multiple sites that compare the two.
REEBUH!!!
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 22 2010 21:54 GMT
#6004
Raxephone had Maaya voicing a character, Evagelion didn't, the superior series is self-evident
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
May 22 2010 22:01 GMT
#6005
Man the full version of the Angel Beats Opening is kinda weird if anyone has heard it yet.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
May 22 2010 22:40 GMT
#6006
Where can you get the full version 0.o
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
May 22 2010 22:46 GMT
#6007
On May 23 2010 07:40 BrTarolg wrote:
Where can you get the full version 0.o

This, I've looked in a few places but I can't seem to find it
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
May 22 2010 23:24 GMT
#6008
http://www.mediafire.com/?jivze1d3zim
I just uploaded it for you guys, credits to kmc. Guess no one else here knows about it lol.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
Zlack
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8 Posts
May 22 2010 23:51 GMT
#6009
nice that so many sc2 playes watch anime :D
Zlack
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8 Posts
May 23 2010 00:08 GMT
#6010
Does someone watch Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari ? i only found it because i was browsing on tokyo toshokan lucky me :D
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 23 2010 01:34 GMT
#6011
On May 23 2010 08:24 Taku wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jivze1d3zim
I just uploaded it for you guys, credits to kmc. Guess no one else here knows about it lol.

Probably a rip from the music video? See release date
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
May 23 2010 02:17 GMT
#6012
On May 23 2010 06:33 Mystlord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 18:24 shadesofkarma wrote:
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to anime but I hope you vets could help me out with some recommendations ^^

I recently watched Gundam Seed (+ Destiny) after a friend's suggestion, and I throughly enjoyed it. I was wondering if there are any similar anime. I watched Gundam 00 and Wing, and while they were enjoyable in their own right, I didn't like it as much as Seed.

What I really enjoyed about Seed was the complex relationships between the characters and the multi layered romantic aspect. When combined with the deep political backstory, the soundtrack and insert songs, and the epic showdowns (Kira vs Athrun omg kekkekek), Gundam Seed really had an emotional impact on me. Gundam Wing and 00 just didn't affect me in the same way.

Although some critic Gundam Seed to be overly sappy and corny (Destiny especially lol), I really enjoyed the series and it really had a deep emotional effect on me. I would like some recommendations of series that could evoke the same emotions Gundam Seed did. The character developments and relationships were so well done and then plus the music and fight scenes, something about it was just so profound.

Although Gundam Seed is a Mecha, I'm open to all genres, just any series that can have that emotional effect on me.

Thanks ^^

The Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Just overlook its outdatedness. It's really damn good.


Yeah, if you enjoy the character aspect of animes, you will absolutely love LoGH. Every character is actually used and developed a fair bit. The music and fight scenes of LoGH are also really good (though they lack robots, LoGH makes up for it with AXES)
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
shadesofkarma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Romania708 Posts
May 23 2010 02:38 GMT
#6013
Thanks guys for the recommendations, I'll definitely check some of these out
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
May 23 2010 03:20 GMT
#6014
On May 23 2010 10:34 Ecael wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 08:24 Taku wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jivze1d3zim
I just uploaded it for you guys, credits to kmc. Guess no one else here knows about it lol.

Probably a rip from the music video? See release date

There is no release date, this was an early upload. Happens all the time, you just have to know which sources to hit up. And as far as I know, there's no PV for this, and quality is too good for PV rip imo.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 23 2010 06:37 GMT
#6015
Fair enough, most the earlier releases that I've seen are simply PV rips. That said, everything from Girls Dead Monster had PV well before release date.
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 23 2010 07:43 GMT
#6016
I just finished Cross Game and wow, what a great anime!
I loved its character development.

Recommend me more like this!
nate_river
Profile Joined April 2010
40 Posts
May 23 2010 08:12 GMT
#6017
On May 23 2010 08:51 Zlack wrote:
nice that so many sc2 playes watch anime :D

Well to be honest after i got my beta i havent watch any anime yet.But maybe i wasnt big fun of anime ?I watch average one or two anime per month.
Poll: How many animes you watch per month?

1-2 (10)
 
43%

3-5 (7)
 
30%

6+ (6)
 
26%

23 total votes

Your vote: How many animes you watch per month?

(Vote): 1-2
(Vote): 3-5
(Vote): 6+

Shrewmy
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia199 Posts
May 23 2010 10:12 GMT
#6018
Isn't the plural for anime just anime?

Animes sounds something like out of that Sakura Con parody video.
Kirb
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany900 Posts
May 23 2010 10:27 GMT
#6019
On May 30 2009 00:49 konadora wrote:
moe.. wow where do I start lol.. hard :3

I'll just copypasta from wikipedia, if you still don't understand I'll try to elaborate

Show nested quote +
Moe (literally "budding", as with a plant) is a Japanese slang word originally referring to fetish or love for characters in video games or anime and manga. For example, 眼鏡っ娘萌え, meganekko-moe, "glasses-girl moe", describes a person who is attracted to fictional characters with eyeglasses. "Moe!" is also used within anime fandom as an interjection referring to a character the speaker considers to be a moekko. It is even used in some anime, such as Ouran High School Host Club, Lucky Star, Kaichou-wa Maid-sama!, K-ON, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. There are various interpretations of what moe is today. While some argue that moe is a pure, protective feeling towards a character, popular use denotes moe as an adjective used to describe any features of a character that particularly "turn on" the person, sexually or otherwise. The expanded use of the word has led to it being used to describe anything "hyper-cute" as well, such as the genre of anime-inspired music unique to Akihabara.



Funny thing is that moe is nowadays used all over the place in japane. Even normal clothes can be "moe" or smth like that. ^^ Well moe is a funny thing imo... there are as much definitions as animefans out there and we still know what the other one means if he mentions it. :D
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 10:46:28
May 23 2010 10:41 GMT
#6020
On May 23 2010 17:12 nate_river wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 08:51 Zlack wrote:
nice that so many sc2 playes watch anime :D

Show nested quote +
Well to be honest after i got my beta i havent watch any anime yet.But maybe i wasnt big fun of anime ?I watch average one or two anime per month.

Right now I'm keeping up with about 9 or 10 series that air weekly. And on top of that I watch 3-4 already completed series per month.

By the way, there seems to be a rip of an Angel Beats OP/ED single floating around on tokyotosho complete with booklet in 320 CBR quality. The booklet scans say [2010.5.26] so it's just another leak.
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
Prev 1 299 300 301 302 303 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9428
Rain 3401
Soulkey 358
BeSt 349
soO 330
Soma 324
Stork 318
Rush 224
firebathero 188
Barracks 167
[ Show more ]
Sexy 68
Shinee 37
Killer 35
Shine 26
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 17
sorry 17
Sacsri 16
Sharp 15
yabsab 15
Terrorterran 7
Noble 5
zelot 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4701
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 466
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
gofns31087
singsing899
WinterStarcraft655
Pyrionflax187
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 59
• Sammyuel 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2197
• WagamamaTV104
League of Legends
• Jankos2601
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20m
Patches Events
5h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 20m
OSC
13h 20m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.