• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7438 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 300

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 302 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 03:44:28
May 22 2010 02:43 GMT
#5981
Mayoi Neko Overrun was filler this week, but it wasn't just ordinary filler. Apparently, they decided to make some super robot anime type thing complete with new OP and ED. I kept expecting it to segue back into the actual show, but it never did. Weird.

+ Show Spoiler [Durarara] +
Looks like a gang war is unavoidable at this point. It seems like Dotachin and Simon will play a large role in this arc, but I really don't know how they fit in.


Edit: What the heck was TK doing in class?
Liquipedia
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
May 22 2010 02:53 GMT
#5982
fuck cliffhanger endings, now I have another agonizing 7 days to go through

+ Show Spoiler +
It's a moonwalk! It's a moonwalk!

HEADSPIN
the courage to be a lazy bum
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 22 2010 03:37 GMT
#5983
On May 22 2010 08:31 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 05:19 Ecael wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [LB, mostly for Southlight] +
Doesn't the whole Harmonics thing feel like an extremely abbreviated version of Mio route ideas, lol


Hah, nope, it actually didn't occur to me. It's way too... not-subtle.

Take away everything and go right up to the beginning of the end and we have the Harmonics situation lol

Katanagatari was amusing for me, wonder how many would like it though.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 22 2010 03:44 GMT
#5984
+ Show Spoiler [LB/AB] +

Ehhh, I don't really see it. One was a psychological thing and involved the concept of personal identity and replacement. One is just one girl going NARUTO KAGEBUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!!!
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 22 2010 03:56 GMT
#5985
+ Show Spoiler [AB] +
Nah more like someone has been getting Naruto chapters ahead of time


Well, if we took away every setup from the Mio route and just make the lovely sister pop up, that really is the result we get lol~

All this is really just promoting me to go to more books and manga for entertainment. -.-
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 04:35:21
May 22 2010 04:35 GMT
#5986
+ Show Spoiler [Angel Beats] +
I think this is the first episode I've watched that I actually found really funny. That the death scenes looked so ridiculous made it hilarious to me. Every other attempt at humor in Angel Beats has been kinda meh. It helps that they didn't immediately try to get back into the drama.

Earplugs... Oddly enough, that scene reminded me of the old Batman movie when Robin uses wax lips to kiss Poison Ivy. -_-

Betcha everything will be alright next episode because of the power of LOVE.


I've been looking everywhere for this image and I've finally found it. Now to find that scene where everyone has noodle arms.
[image loading]
Liquipedia
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 22 2010 04:43 GMT
#5987
The earplugs reminded me of KnK6 >_>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
May 22 2010 04:44 GMT
#5988
Get chance and luck!
@QxGDarkCell ._.
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
May 22 2010 09:05 GMT
#5989
Check this out, its a moonwalk, its a moonwalk, HEADSPIN

How is angel beats not the best lol, its got all the elements i want in an anime, and its key
shadesofkarma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Romania708 Posts
May 22 2010 09:24 GMT
#5990
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to anime but I hope you vets could help me out with some recommendations ^^

I recently watched Gundam Seed (+ Destiny) after a friend's suggestion, and I throughly enjoyed it. I was wondering if there are any similar anime. I watched Gundam 00 and Wing, and while they were enjoyable in their own right, I didn't like it as much as Seed.

What I really enjoyed about Seed was the complex relationships between the characters and the multi layered romantic aspect. When combined with the deep political backstory, the soundtrack and insert songs, and the epic showdowns (Kira vs Athrun omg kekkekek), Gundam Seed really had an emotional impact on me. Gundam Wing and 00 just didn't affect me in the same way.

Although some critic Gundam Seed to be overly sappy and corny (Destiny especially lol), I really enjoyed the series and it really had a deep emotional effect on me. I would like some recommendations of series that could evoke the same emotions Gundam Seed did. The character developments and relationships were so well done and then plus the music and fight scenes, something about it was just so profound.

Although Gundam Seed is a Mecha, I'm open to all genres, just any series that can have that emotional effect on me.

Thanks ^^
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
May 22 2010 10:09 GMT
#5991
I will refrain from beginning another discussion on Seed and GSD. <.<

Gunbuster comes to mind for a mecha anime that's also emotional. Mostly it's GUTS AND HARD WORK, but there are some pretty good tearjerkers near the end. It's only 6 episodes though.

You should take a look at the discussion of "cheery" anime that was posted like 50 pages back:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94273&currentpage=247#4932


On May 22 2010 13:43 Southlight wrote:
The earplugs reminded me of KnK6 >_>

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I thought there was another example, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
Liquipedia
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
May 22 2010 13:20 GMT
#5992
Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, Diebuster are all mecha anime with good characters and storyline. Gunbuster's pretty old school though so you might have to adjust to the style a bit.

There's also Evangelion and the new Rebuild of Evangelion movies that are in production. It's a bit heavy on the psychology of the characters, their relationships, and human relationships in general, but it's one of the most well-known anime series. It's also a mecha anime, though I say that loosely.

Other good anime are the Ghost in the Shell movies and I think Eureka 7 is supposed to be good, though I haven't watched it.
REEBUH!!!
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
May 22 2010 13:31 GMT
#5993
On May 22 2010 22:20 LunarC wrote:
Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, Diebuster are all mecha anime with good characters and storyline.


Can you elaborate on how TTGL have 'good characters and storyline'? Because all the dialogue is just this 'Simon you can overcome anything!' mentality with extremely unrealistic characters. The 'storyline' is not even the focus.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
May 22 2010 13:39 GMT
#5994
On May 22 2010 22:31 Shauni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 22:20 LunarC wrote:
Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, Diebuster are all mecha anime with good characters and storyline.


Can you elaborate on how TTGL have 'good characters and storyline'? Because all the dialogue is just this 'Simon you can overcome anything!' mentality with extremely unrealistic characters. The 'storyline' is not even the focus.

Sure.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a character-centric story. Namely, it's a story that centers around Simon, the main protagonist. Hence, most of the dialogue will concern Simon, the relationship of characters to Simon, and the events surrounding Simon. Most of the characters can't be taken completely at face value because they are simply caricatures. The intent was not to flesh out each and every character, it was to flesh out the story of Simon. Consequently, the most important characters in Simon's story are the ones with the most depth.

Also, you're being very vague about what you mean by the "storyline" not being the focus.
REEBUH!!!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 22 2010 14:12 GMT
#5995
Eureka 7
Escalflowne

Most of the old Gundam UC storyline series.
Get it by your hands...
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 16:00:51
May 22 2010 15:59 GMT
#5996
On May 18 2010 08:41 Pooshlmer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2010 06:37 Shauni wrote:
Anyone in here seen NANA? How good is it?


Good but cut off, they caught up to the manga and had to stop. Still worth watching if you're not OCD about endings.


Haha I started watching and she's even a bigger slut than I thought she'd be. But it's all good! At least she's not a typical K-On doll, and the show seems quite good after a few eps, not some terrible Shoujo shit like hanasakeru seishounen for example.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
May 22 2010 19:57 GMT
#5997
On May 22 2010 18:24 shadesofkarma wrote:
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to anime but I hope you vets could help me out with some recommendations ^^

I recently watched Gundam Seed (+ Destiny) after a friend's suggestion, and I throughly enjoyed it. I was wondering if there are any similar anime. I watched Gundam 00 and Wing, and while they were enjoyable in their own right, I didn't like it as much as Seed.

What I really enjoyed about Seed was the complex relationships between the characters and the multi layered romantic aspect. When combined with the deep political backstory, the soundtrack and insert songs, and the epic showdowns (Kira vs Athrun omg kekkekek), Gundam Seed really had an emotional impact on me. Gundam Wing and 00 just didn't affect me in the same way.

Although some critic Gundam Seed to be overly sappy and corny (Destiny especially lol), I really enjoyed the series and it really had a deep emotional effect on me. I would like some recommendations of series that could evoke the same emotions Gundam Seed did. The character developments and relationships were so well done and then plus the music and fight scenes, something about it was just so profound.

Although Gundam Seed is a Mecha, I'm open to all genres, just any series that can have that emotional effect on me.

Thanks ^^


Damn cant believe u actually watched Destiny. Anyways for some good mechas, you should definetly try Vision of Escaflowne and Code Geass. Hmm, i thought Rahxephon was pretty good as well.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
May 22 2010 20:10 GMT
#5998
--- Nuked ---
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 22 2010 20:30 GMT
#5999
Samurai 7!
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 16:34:30
May 22 2010 21:15 GMT
#6000
On May 22 2010 18:24 shadesofkarma wrote:
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to anime but I hope you vets could help me out with some recommendations ^^

What I really enjoyed about Seed was the complex relationships between the characters and the multi layered romantic aspect. When combined with the deep political backstory, the soundtrack and insert songs, and the epic showdowns (Kira vs Athrun omg kekkekek), Gundam Seed really had an emotional impact on me.

I would like some recommendations of series that could evoke the same emotions Gundam Seed did. The character developments and relationships were so well done and then plus the music and fight scenes, something about it was just so profound.
I think Macross Frontier will have everything that you have listed, from character developments to love triangles to mecha action*.

*Less action scenes, compared to Gundam Seed, but there is enough fighting to go around.

I think you will enjoy watching Macross Frontier more than any show above, that others have recommended.
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 302 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe118
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g8125
WinterStarcraft724
Sick252
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 46m
Patches Events
6h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 46m
OSC
14h 46m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.