• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10832 users

Movie Discussion!

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 481 482 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-07 23:31:48
February 15 2009 07:44 GMT
#1
I need ideas for movies to watch. I want to see some good stuff that you guys are watching. I know there are people from all over the globe here so this could be pretty neat

i'll start. movies i've seen in the last week or so

[image loading]
I liked this very much. im a little sad aronofsky (sp?) didnt get recognized at the oscars. i think he def helped rourke get that oscar o_O
" The Wrestler shows that, in both movies and wrestling, the line between reality and play-acting may be less clear than we assume."--A. O. Scott

[image loading]

Saw this tonight. Very good! Very informative too if you are ignorant like me -_^ didnt expect the humor =]


[image loading]
[image loading]
Saw these back to back. Amazing. 2 part movie about the french gangster Jacques Mesrine. by the end some of the shit was so ridiculous i watched a documentary to see what really happened and the movie stays true 100%, down to the minute details. couldn't recommend this movie enough. an amazing story.. Cassel is excellent

been lucky.. i watched a lot of garbage for a while o_O

SO TL, what have you been watching?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
February 15 2009 07:48 GMT
#2
Since you seem to be into French films...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362225/

Ne le Dis a Personne (Tell No One)

Fucking amazing thriller/mystery. Best movie I've seen in a while.
✌
Clasic
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Bosnia-Herzegovina1437 Posts
February 15 2009 07:49 GMT
#3
I have seen taken, and it ends to fast imo.
No no no no its not mine!
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
February 15 2009 07:50 GMT
#4
Slumdog Millionaire......awesome!
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
February 15 2009 07:53 GMT
#5
Just started on Silmido.
Commentator
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-15 07:54:04
February 15 2009 07:53 GMT
#6
I just watched Gran Torino. Awesome/Hilarious movie.
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-15 08:02:34
February 15 2009 08:00 GMT
#7
[image loading]


Saw this recommended a lot and it got an 8.3 on IMDB. I don't know if I would rate it that high. Maybe from purely a movie making standpoint, but I tend to rate movies by how much I enjoy them as well. I think it's a good movie, although it's kind of twisted and pretty gritty. I didn't really enjoy it myself.
+ Show Spoiler +
Partially because I predicted it from very early on though which made it suck.


[image loading]

Finally got around to seeing this. I think it's full of too much symbolism and not enough substance. It's worth the watch for the tense feeling you get while watching the movie (if you like that sort of thing) with Javier Bardem's character because he is amazing in this, but in the end I didn't really feel I liked it or enjoyed it. I think it's over rated, although still a fine movie. (Yes yes, the gas station scene is great). If there is one thing that made this movie great it was Bardem.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
February 15 2009 08:05 GMT
#8
Within the last week I've watched...
Dr. Strangelove (3rd time rewatching it)
Slum Dog Millionaire
Vertigo

All of them I would recommend for most people.
LxRogue
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1415 Posts
February 15 2009 08:08 GMT
#9
On February 15 2009 16:49 Clasic wrote:
I have seen taken, and it ends to fast imo.


I really liked Taken. Yeah it wasn't that long, but the action was great and semi-realistic, and the plot was believable.

I also recently saw Quantum of Solace, really didn't like it. The movie was over 2 hours but it felt simple and too straightforward.
Clasic
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Bosnia-Herzegovina1437 Posts
February 15 2009 08:09 GMT
#10
Mhm. The Unborn sucks too, I really hate the plot and its just like any other horror movie.
No no no no its not mine!
kuwakJai
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
Thailand198 Posts
February 15 2009 08:24 GMT
#11
yes Gran Torino is hilarious awesome movie
the Illuminated lantern
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
February 15 2009 08:25 GMT
#12
doubt

4.5/5
felt like a rushed conclusion, and i never really felt the intended ambiguity at the end. very nice nonetheless.

let the right one in

5/5
cute and does a good job of complicating the stale mold of listless teens versus vampires.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
February 15 2009 08:27 GMT
#13
Repo! The Genetic Opera :D
< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
ktp
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States797 Posts
February 15 2009 08:28 GMT
#14
I'm Harvey Milk and I'm here to recruit you!
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
February 15 2009 08:42 GMT
#15
On February 15 2009 17:28 ktp wrote:
I'm Harvey Milk and I'm here to recruit you!


A+

IMO sean penn deserves it
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
February 15 2009 08:46 GMT
#16
Saw Taken today. It was really fun and badass.
why so 진지해?
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
February 15 2009 08:55 GMT
#17
[image loading]
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
February 15 2009 08:55 GMT
#18
On February 15 2009 17:25 oneofthem wrote:
doubt

4.5/5
felt like a rushed conclusion, and i never really felt the intended ambiguity at the end. very nice nonetheless.

let the right one in

5/5
cute and does a good job of complicating the stale mold of listless teens versus vampires.


i actually saw both of these recently, nice. let the right one in was very good, but i wished we had more information about the girl vampire. that would have pushed it to a 5 for me.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
February 15 2009 08:57 GMT
#19
On February 15 2009 17:55 zizou21 wrote:
[image loading]


LOL
why so 진지해?
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-06 03:19:06
February 15 2009 09:11 GMT
#20
On February 15 2009 16:44 zizou21 wrote:
I need ideas for movies to watch. I want to see some good stuff that you guys are watching. I know there are people from all over the globe here so this could be pretty neat

i'll start. movies i've seen in the last week or so

[image loading]
I liked this very much. im a little sad aronofsky (sp?) didnt get recognized at the oscars. i think he def helped rourke get that oscar o_O
" The Wrestler shows that, in both movies and wrestling, the line between reality and play-acting may be less clear than we assume."--A. O. Scott

[image loading]

Saw this tonight. Very good! Very informative too if you are ignorant like me -_^ didnt expect the humor =]


[image loading]
[image loading]
Saw these back to back. Amazing. 2 part movie about the french gangster Jacques Mesrine. by the end some of the shit was so ridiculous i watched a documentary to see what really happened and the movie stays true 100%, down to the minute details. couldn't recommend this movie enough. an amazing story.. Cassel is excellent

been lucky.. i watched a lot of garbage for a while o_O

SO TL, what have you been watching?


You should read the book,its awesome
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
1 2 3 4 5 481 482 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 912
ggaemo 457
Stork 328
Leta 213
PianO 109
Larva 84
Hyuk 31
ZergMaN 25
yabsab 21
Bale 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Reynor88
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Westballz33
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor780
Other Games
summit1g10029
C9.Mang0250
Sick168
PiGStarcraft132
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1268
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 43m
Online Event
3h 43m
FEL
8h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.