• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:15
CEST 05:15
KST 12:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8642 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 1078

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
April 17 2014 17:12 GMT
#21541
On April 17 2014 22:19 Vesimias wrote:
Cersei is very unreasonably jealous. I don't really understand why she would care if Brienne had any feelings for Jaime, since in the very last episode she told Jaime that he was ''too late'' (which by the way was hilariously unreasonable). The only possible reason I can come up with for her behavior is that she wants to test Jaime in some way. And asking Brienne about Jaime shows just how insecure and jealous Cersei is (I mean, it's Brienne ffs). One of the biggest reasons I hate her so much, ugh.


This just in: Cersei Lannister has unreasonable ideas about romance.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-17 18:41:56
April 17 2014 18:41 GMT
#21542
On April 17 2014 20:47 Mafe wrote:
Stupid theorycraft: If king dies without a son/daughter, but his wife is currently pregnant, where does the child fit into the line of succession once he/she is born?


A little history moment:

In France, when Louis X died in 1316 he had gotten his second wife Clemence pregnant. This child would inherit the crown, meanwhile Louis' brother Phillipe was made regent. Clemence gave birth to a boy named Jean who died within a week. As a result the crown went to Phillipe (who became Phillipe V).

The interesting bit about that passage of history is that Louis actually had a daughter, Jeanne, with his first wife Margueritte. But Margueritte was accused of being unfaithful, leading to her imprisonment and divorce with Louis. As a result there was doubts about the legitimacy of Jeanne and she was removed from succession. Phillipe V strengthened his position as the rightful heir by also digging up a 800year franks law that said women cannot inherit. History being a bitch Phillipe died quickly without an heir, his brother Charles IV inherited but died quickly too without an heir. The crown would go to their cousin Phillipe VI but another person had a good claim, their nephew (from their sister Isabelle) who was Edward III of England. This was the foundation of the Hundred years war.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
April 17 2014 21:29 GMT
#21543
Poor Tyrion, imprisoned for a crime he did not commit.
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
April 17 2014 22:11 GMT
#21544
Or did he... 0_o
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
April 17 2014 22:18 GMT
#21545
On April 18 2014 07:11 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Or did he... 0_o


of course he did, you can never trust a dwarf.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-17 22:25:24
April 17 2014 22:24 GMT
#21546
Or can you..?

Edit: Sorry. I'll stop now.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
April 17 2014 23:12 GMT
#21547
On April 18 2014 07:24 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Or can you..?

Edit: Sorry. I'll stop now.


Or will you?
RIP Meatloaf <3
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
April 17 2014 23:17 GMT
#21548
On April 18 2014 02:12 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 22:19 Vesimias wrote:
Cersei is very unreasonably jealous. I don't really understand why she would care if Brienne had any feelings for Jaime, since in the very last episode she told Jaime that he was ''too late'' (which by the way was hilariously unreasonable). The only possible reason I can come up with for her behavior is that she wants to test Jaime in some way. And asking Brienne about Jaime shows just how insecure and jealous Cersei is (I mean, it's Brienne ffs). One of the biggest reasons I hate her so much, ugh.


This just in: Cersei Lannister has unreasonable ideas about romance everything.


ftfy
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
April 17 2014 23:19 GMT
#21549
On April 18 2014 08:17 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 02:12 Yoav wrote:
On April 17 2014 22:19 Vesimias wrote:
Cersei is very unreasonably jealous. I don't really understand why she would care if Brienne had any feelings for Jaime, since in the very last episode she told Jaime that he was ''too late'' (which by the way was hilariously unreasonable). The only possible reason I can come up with for her behavior is that she wants to test Jaime in some way. And asking Brienne about Jaime shows just how insecure and jealous Cersei is (I mean, it's Brienne ffs). One of the biggest reasons I hate her so much, ugh.


This just in: Cersei Lannister has unreasonable ideas about romance everything.


ftfy


Well, she is the Mother of Madness.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
April 18 2014 00:04 GMT
#21550
On April 18 2014 08:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 07:24 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Or can you..?

Edit: Sorry. I'll stop now.


Or will you?

Yes, because I don't know how to respond to that, other then "Or will I?" which would be a lame. lol
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
April 18 2014 00:10 GMT
#21551
On April 17 2014 22:19 Vesimias wrote:
Cersei is very unreasonably jealous. I don't really understand why she would care if Brienne had any feelings for Jaime, since in the very last episode she told Jaime that he was ''too late'' (which by the way was hilariously unreasonable). The only possible reason I can come up with for her behavior is that she wants to test Jaime in some way. And asking Brienne about Jaime shows just how insecure and jealous Cersei is (I mean, it's Brienne ffs). One of the biggest reasons I hate her so much, ugh.

I'm sure she'll become much more reasonable with the death of her son
CatfooD
Profile Joined April 2010
United States203 Posts
April 18 2014 02:34 GMT
#21552
I just noticed two very odd scenes of Tywin acting suspicious while Joffrey is choking. Rewatch these 15 seconds and tell me what you think:

Fast forward to when Joffrey falls over and Jaime runs up to him. Immediately after, Cercei runs down and pushes Margaery out of the way to get to Joffrey... but look in the background at Tywin. He is seen hastily walking behind the table toward his seat/belongings. About 5 seconds later the camera goes back to the table and Tywin is seen in the background suspiciously stuffing something in his bag.

What is more important in Tywins bag than his grandson and his king choking to death right in front of him?... Of course I am sure that GRRM wrote the scene to be as convoluted as possible to keep us all guessing, but I haven't noticed anyone mention this point of view yet.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
April 18 2014 03:08 GMT
#21553
On April 18 2014 09:04 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 08:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On April 18 2014 07:24 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Or can you..?

Edit: Sorry. I'll stop now.


Or will you?

Yes, because I don't know how to respond to that, other then "Or will I?" which would be a lame. lol


Or do you...?
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Parlortricks
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States111 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-18 03:09:43
April 18 2014 03:09 GMT
#21554
On April 18 2014 11:34 CatfooD wrote:
I just noticed two very odd scenes of Tywin acting suspicious while Joffrey is choking. Rewatch these 15 seconds and tell me what you think:

Fast forward to when Joffrey falls over and Jaime runs up to him. Immediately after, Cercei runs down and pushes Margaery out of the way to get to Joffrey... but look in the background at Tywin. He is seen hastily walking behind the table toward his seat/belongings. About 5 seconds later the camera goes back to the table and Tywin is seen in the background suspiciously stuffing something in his bag.

What is more important in Tywins bag than his grandson and his king choking to death right in front of him?... Of course I am sure that GRRM wrote the scene to be as convoluted as possible to keep us all guessing, but I haven't noticed anyone mention this point of view yet.



Tywin was shielding Tommen's eyes.
CatfooD
Profile Joined April 2010
United States203 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-18 03:20:08
April 18 2014 03:17 GMT
#21555
On April 18 2014 12:09 Parlortricks wrote:Tywin was shielding Tommen's eyes.


How did I watch that 10 times before posting and didn't notice that? God. You're right it looks like. But then 5 seconds later Tywin is standing near Joffrey just watching him die and not shielding Tommen. That's too bad, I was hoping for that to be a bigger clue. Tywin still looks very suspicious while holding Tommen. What the heck is he really doing with his right hand? Tommen looks just like Tywin's handbag in that scene...
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
April 18 2014 06:32 GMT
#21556
On April 18 2014 12:08 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 09:04 Just_a_Moth wrote:
On April 18 2014 08:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On April 18 2014 07:24 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Or can you..?

Edit: Sorry. I'll stop now.


Or will you?

Yes, because I don't know how to respond to that, other then "Or will I?" which would be a lame. lol


Or do you...?

I dunno.
kamicom
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States180 Posts
April 18 2014 12:05 GMT
#21557
I think we can all agree that beyond Brienne and Jamie's mutual respect for each other, Brienne definitely has some attraction obviously for Jamie (all those jabs about how she was never pretty and could never get the boys to like her; he seemed to be the first guy who not only understood her but protected her e.g. the attempted rape). I never saw any indication that Jamie was even interested romantically in Brienne though. His actions were out of respect and trust.

It still annoys me that Brienne got flustered when Cersei asked if she loved him... Are they really gonna force some love triangle between the three? >:|
I ragequit if my split fails.
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
April 18 2014 13:19 GMT
#21558
On April 18 2014 21:05 kamicom wrote:
I think we can all agree that beyond Brienne and Jamie's mutual respect for each other, Brienne definitely has some attraction obviously for Jamie (all those jabs about how she was never pretty and could never get the boys to like her; he seemed to be the first guy who not only understood her but protected her e.g. the attempted rape). I never saw any indication that Jamie was even interested romantically in Brienne though. His actions were out of respect and trust.

It still annoys me that Brienne got flustered when Cersei asked if she loved him... Are they really gonna force some love triangle between the three? >:|


So far, Jaime is still very much interested in Cersei. If that remains so, there isn't much of a triangle. What I find interesting though is that while Cersei is the typical court snakepit dweller, Brienne embodies the good old-fashioned Ned-Stark-type honor, which to me seems enough to irk Cersei because that kind of attitude is so beyond her. Jaime kind of holds a middle ground between these extremes, he finds his way around the scheming and plotting at court, but in some way he is still a decent man. In that respect he has something in common with Brienne that Cersei doesn't have, in addition to having something in common with Cersei that Brienne doesn't have. This I find interesting, but probably more so if it doesn't get overtly romantic with Brienne. That would probably be cheesy. They're too different.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 18 2014 13:19 GMT
#21559
On April 18 2014 11:34 CatfooD wrote:
I just noticed two very odd scenes of Tywin acting suspicious while Joffrey is choking. Rewatch these 15 seconds and tell me what you think:

Fast forward to when Joffrey falls over and Jaime runs up to him. Immediately after, Cercei runs down and pushes Margaery out of the way to get to Joffrey... but look in the background at Tywin. He is seen hastily walking behind the table toward his seat/belongings. About 5 seconds later the camera goes back to the table and Tywin is seen in the background suspiciously stuffing something in his bag.

What is more important in Tywins bag than his grandson and his king choking to death right in front of him?... Of course I am sure that GRRM wrote the scene to be as convoluted as possible to keep us all guessing, but I haven't noticed anyone mention this point of view yet.

Maybe his cell phone rang and he used a good moment when the camera was not focused on him to check it? :D
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
April 18 2014 14:26 GMT
#21560

*sob* =[
Prev 1 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 218
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 670
NaDa 47
Icarus 5
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Other Games
summit1g10442
WinterStarcraft375
Mew2King97
ViBE84
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1358
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush857
• Lourlo617
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 45m
INu's Battles
8h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 45m
Replay Cast
19h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.