• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:00
CEST 00:00
KST 07:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8745 users

Series you have seen recently... - Page 14

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
greys
Profile Joined September 2020
14 Posts
October 08 2020 12:08 GMT
#261
--- Nuked ---
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
October 14 2020 04:03 GMT
#262
Father Ted (amazon prime). Really funny and oddly heart warming.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
October 28 2020 11:22 GMT
#263
I just finished rewatching Buffy.
Overall its an 8/10 but the best episodes are up there with the best tv ever made. Season 1 and 2 are a bit lame by today's standards but it really picks up after that. I know alot of people disliked season 4 but for me that was where Whedon really started innovating with format and stuff so you have to factor in the chance of some episodes falling flat.
The ending is so goddamn epic I can't even understand why Whedon is never allowed to end his shows properly.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
November 02 2020 23:25 GMT
#264
Just seen a couple of episodes of Utopia, the US Amazon/com remake.

Why have they done this?
Why have they destroyed one of the best TV shows of the last decade?
Its absolute gash. Shit acting, terrible characters, awful writing, pacing is ruined.

This is tragic.

Just watch the original instead:
RIP Meatloaf <3
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 09:10:12
November 03 2020 09:08 GMT
#265
Where is Jessica Hyde?

Is engraved in my brain despite not finishing the show. The episodes I did see though were intriguing and suspenseful. I'd fully recommend it based solely on the few (5 or 6) I did watch.
Taxes are for Terrans
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
November 04 2020 23:19 GMT
#266
I liked the Amazon version. Haven't seen the original but if that trailer is any indication, probably won't. Looks like trash to be frank. I finished the season and while it did have some issues to start with, by the 3rd or 4th, it grows into itself. I'd probably replace the actress who played Jessica Hyde or the boyfriend (the simp) but other than that, I enjoyed it.
alangrin55
Profile Joined November 2020
4 Posts
November 09 2020 10:15 GMT
#267
Queens Gambit finished. That was excellent.

Now starting The Right Stuff on Disney+
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-10 12:03:29
November 10 2020 08:37 GMT
#268
The opening scene gives you a pretty good idea what Utopia is like:

WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
November 10 2020 13:35 GMT
#269
More or less the same as the Amazon version. Of course there will be differences. I think hearing "hoide" all episode would piss me roight off.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-18 20:06:54
November 18 2020 20:05 GMT
#270
[image loading]

Raised By Wolves

Quite an interesting show. Definitely raised some good questions and had quite an interesting world building to it. The quality is good too, every time I was amazed at how much content they could fit into a single episode (and it didn't really feel slow or too chaotic). It's pretty short at 10 episodes but definitely worth a watch. It has some pretty strong BSG vibes too.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
November 19 2020 02:54 GMT
#271
On November 19 2020 05:05 Manit0u wrote:

Raised By Wolves

Quite an interesting show. Definitely raised some good questions and had quite an interesting world building to it. The quality is good too, every time I was amazed at how much content they could fit into a single episode (and it didn't really feel slow or too chaotic). It's pretty short at 10 episodes but definitely worth a watch. It has some pretty strong BSG vibes too.

I thought the first few episodes were good, but I was left unsatisfied by the end when they didn't even scratch the surface of answering all the mysteries that kept popping up, and in fact just concluded with even more mysteries. It's fortunate that the show is already greenlit with more seasons because the first season just ends on multiple big cliffhangers. It certainly has a way of drawing viewers in with ominous worldbuilding and supernatural WTF moments, and I found that to make it a compelling watch.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
November 19 2020 06:19 GMT
#272
Just finished the Queen's Gambit on Netflix.
It was really good tbh. Unexpectedly good. I've played chess since I was a little kid, and the way the chess is used in the storytelling is great and the people are very much like chess people (with one or two exceptions maybe).
The cinematography is fantastic too, and the acting. Just all good really, if you like this sort of thing. Its a coming of age story, but chessed up to the max.
8/10
RIP Meatloaf <3
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-19 07:40:58
November 19 2020 07:40 GMT
#273
Very confusing that there are so many Utopia tv shows.

I only got to see two season of the Australian Utopia (also know as Dreamland) and man is it funny. Also really depressing where absolutely nothing gets done on these government projects and there are probably only two competent people that actually care that nothing is accomplished.


edit.
Oooh. The creator/ actor also did The Castle 1997. That makes so much sense.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-19 16:18:44
November 19 2020 16:11 GMT
#274
Season 3 of Columbo. 9/10. Genre defining murder mystery. The mystery is not "who done it". The mystery is... how does our affable, absent-minded, bumbling italian protagonist manage to make an arrest.

The LAPD Police Chief's wife is murdered. Lieutenant Columbo is assigned the case.



This next scene is hilarious...
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-19 17:24:17
November 19 2020 17:16 GMT
#275
On November 10 2020 22:35 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
More or less the same as the Amazon version. Of course there will be differences. I think hearing "hoide" all episode would piss me roight off.


I've started watching the original Utopia and it's great (love the music, usually shows with great music tend to be good). Also watched some review of the Amazon version and I agree that characters constantly shouting out about what had just happened to them on screen is rather cringy. Good thing I did my research.

Edit: On that note, I'd like to recommend a TV series for our covid times...

Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
November 27 2020 04:57 GMT
#276
I loved the boys (S1 & S2)

I hate(!) the mandalorian. All it has is a nice setting. Everything else is horrible.
hatred outlives the hateful
TequilaMockingbird
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany68 Posts
November 27 2020 09:47 GMT
#277
I just started re-watching The Wire, my all time favourite TV Show, for like the 3rd time.
To me nothing compares in terms of story arch, character development, pacing... I watch a lot of series but do not think
I will ever come across anything that blows me away so much. True Detective Season 1 came close, but the other seasons
got worse and worse.

I am also watching Queens Gambit, which is fun, but I feel you need to have played chess on quite a high level in order to fully appreciate it - and I am quite the casual player, who cannot think more than 1 or 2 steps ahead.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
November 27 2020 17:50 GMT
#278
On November 27 2020 13:57 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
I loved the boys (S1 & S2)

I hate(!) the mandalorian. All it has is a nice setting. Everything else is horrible.


The problem with Mandalorian is that it looks nice, has some interesting characters and set pieces but no real story so it all amounts to nothing. It's just a series of random travel interspersed with some action sequences.

How can they tease Ahsoka and then follow up with an episode where the only thing that happens apart from another meaningless action sequences is emperor clone tease.

I guess we'll get more teasing of stuff that's actually interesting and could lead to some story but we won't get to see any of it as we'll just be fed more dumb action and random, forgettable encounters.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-27 17:59:28
November 27 2020 17:54 GMT
#279
On November 27 2020 18:47 TequilaMockingbird wrote:
I just started re-watching The Wire, my all time favourite TV Show, for like the 3rd time.
To me nothing compares in terms of story arch, character development, pacing... I watch a lot of series but do not think
I will ever come across anything that blows me away so much. True Detective Season 1 came close, but the other seasons
got worse and worse.

I am also watching Queens Gambit, which is fun, but I feel you need to have played chess on quite a high level in order to fully appreciate it - and I am quite the casual player, who cannot think more than 1 or 2 steps ahead.



I'm only on the third episode of queens gambit but in my opinion the chess stuff is pretty superficial. They throw around names of openings, old grandmasters, and the names of the squares but nothing much deeper than that so far. I think the cinematography and acting in this series is great, but like all netflix series they seem to put all their budget into everything except dialogue writers. It's really a shame because everything else is outstanding. They ruined The Witcher and The Last Kingdom too with horrendous dialogue. It's weird because these were based on books with great dialogue (though I haven't read the Queens Gambit book).
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
November 28 2020 10:35 GMT
#280
On November 28 2020 02:50 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2020 13:57 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
I loved the boys (S1 & S2)

I hate(!) the mandalorian. All it has is a nice setting. Everything else is horrible.


The problem with Mandalorian is that it looks nice, has some interesting characters and set pieces but no real story so it all amounts to nothing. It's just a series of random travel interspersed with some action sequences.




Thats one of the things i really liked about it in S1. Haven't seen anything from S2 yet.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O154
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 154
PiGStarcraft77
Nina 32
ViBE31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14483
ZZZero.O 154
Dewaltoss 140
firebathero 99
Hyuk 82
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm82
febbydoto52
League of Legends
Doublelift2817
Counter-Strike
Fnx 782
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5901
Other Games
summit1g6723
FrodaN2333
fl0m781
mouzStarbuck386
KnowMe275
ToD236
JimRising 155
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King46
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 51
• musti20045 34
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen131
Other Games
• imaqtpie837
• Shiphtur219
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h
INu's Battles
14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h
BSL Open Qualifier
21h
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.