• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:31
CEST 20:31
KST 03:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9913 users

[Movie] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Page 2

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-08 03:19:41
April 08 2016 03:19 GMT
#21
I'm all in on the Hype Train.

Really like seeing a more gritty, down to earth story following people who aren't the core characters. Though ofc we will see Vader, and it WILL be glorious.

Surprised no Bothans in the trailer. Maybe they all died already?
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-08 03:45:49
April 08 2016 03:45 GMT
#22
Here comes the money milking oh yea
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14210 Posts
April 08 2016 04:16 GMT
#23
I love the final beats of the imperial march at the end there.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
April 08 2016 06:19 GMT
#24
I did not really like the trailer at all tbh. The problem is that you can guess the whole story line from that one short trailer and I am quite dissapointed by that. Sure TFA was quite the Episode 4 copy and I actually really loved the concept of it and the movie itself, but I hope they start showing new stuff in Episode 8 and 9. Thus I am not really convinced from taking on "another" death-star in a star-wars movie.

It becomes a boring story line. So yea, I will probably still go to the cinema for this movie, but I am not as hyped, as I was for The Force Awakens.

Also Daisy Ridley will be missed by me I really liked her and now I gotta wait til next year december and have this instead (which will be most likely crap..)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
bluzi
Profile Joined May 2011
4703 Posts
April 08 2016 07:28 GMT
#25
On April 08 2016 15:19 chrisolo wrote:
I did not really like the trailer at all tbh. The problem is that you can guess the whole story line from that one short trailer and I am quite dissapointed by that. Sure TFA was quite the Episode 4 copy and I actually really loved the concept of it and the movie itself, but I hope they start showing new stuff in Episode 8 and 9. Thus I am not really convinced from taking on "another" death-star in a star-wars movie.

It becomes a boring story line. So yea, I will probably still go to the cinema for this movie, but I am not as hyped, as I was for The Force Awakens.

Also Daisy Ridley will be missed by me I really liked her and now I gotta wait til next year december and have this instead (which will be most likely crap..)


Agreed , again with the death star but from a different prespective ?? is it GOT book im reading? will go and be ready to leave with a meh
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-08 08:32:33
April 08 2016 08:25 GMT
#26
I don't see it as primarily a Death Star movie- in that the central tension can't be what will they destroy with the Death Star and can we stop it in time. That stuff is set in stone because of Episode IV (Unless they borrow old canon and the fate of Despraye). This looks primarily like a military spy/ heist type film. Get in, get out (or not) with the plans. The Death Star is the backdrop, but the story structures differently (I think). What I mean is the plot is structured around the plans rather than the station itself, putting it inline with Mission Impossible, Ocean's 11, and Inception type movies, team of misfits, etc.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
April 08 2016 18:36 GMT
#27
On April 08 2016 17:25 Falling wrote:
I don't see it as primarily a Death Star movie- in that the central tension can't be what will they destroy with the Death Star and can we stop it in time. That stuff is set in stone because of Episode IV (Unless they borrow old canon and the fate of Despraye). This looks primarily like a military spy/ heist type film. Get in, get out (or not) with the plans. The Death Star is the backdrop, but the story structures differently (I think). What I mean is the plot is structured around the plans rather than the station itself, putting it inline with Mission Impossible, Ocean's 11, and Inception type movies, team of misfits, etc.


For sure, but I worry they'll have a Death Star infiltration scene, which will piss off a lot of people for being to rehashed.

Cool though that we'll get to see the Alliance's first victory though. Hope that doesn't get retconned. I also like the idea of playing with the idea of it being a "noble rebellion." In lore, the insurrection starts as a basically elite, aristocratic affair, and attracts all kinds of rogues and brigands. Cool to see that culture clash a little between genteel Mon Mothma and the rugged soldiers flocking to her banner. (Hint of that in the scene with the hero getting escorted by the Alderaanian trooper.) I'd love to see a bit of that Corellian/OuterRim vs. Alderaanian/Chandrillan tension.

(In a later movie you could expand on the tension by including the Mon Calamari in the mix. I always thought the MonCal takeover of the Rebellion between 5 and 6 was an awesome example of making a world come alive by having a political backstory implied but unstated. The integration must have been very interesting as the shattered Hoth survivors and this powerful alien race joined up, adding the capital ship firepower the Rebellion had always lacked. Then the Rebel uniforms all become Mon-Cal colored, even while retaining their Alderaanian rank insignia et. al. Would be neat to see that process play out.)

Otherwise, cool enough. I'll stay at "somewhat hyped" until I see X-Wings. At which point I will lose all mature self-control and start fist-pumping and shouting and whooping. (Like with TFA trailer)
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
April 09 2016 04:46 GMT
#28
On April 08 2016 12:19 On_Slaught wrote:
I'm all in on the Hype Train.

Really like seeing a more gritty, down to earth story following people who aren't the core characters. Though ofc we will see Vader, and it WILL be glorious.

Surprised no Bothans in the trailer. Maybe they all died already?

Bothans died to get the plans for the second Death Star. Rogue One is about the raid to get the plans for the first Death Star.

I don't think there'll be too much Death Star in this movie. They'll probably just show it being built, but looks like the rebels will most likely raid another Imperial installation to get the plans. This raid will probably be a big deal, since the opening crawl to A New Hope states that it's the Rebel Alliance's first major victory against the Empire.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-10 18:08:29
April 10 2016 16:05 GMT
#29
I've seen this trailer over a dozen times now and I can't get enough of it. Everything looks so god damn awesome. I think I'm actually more hyped for this than Ep 7.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11792 Posts
April 10 2016 16:10 GMT
#30
The trailer looks good. I'm actually more excited for this than I was with Ep. 7
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-12 10:45:37
April 10 2016 20:36 GMT
#31
I am now seriously obsessed with this klaxon sound. Also, the music theme mash-up at the end is god damn perfect.

I can't wait to see what will they do with Kenobi in 2 years.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
April 14 2016 06:51 GMT
#32
AT-ATs ;__
knuckle
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
April 18 2016 14:04 GMT
#33
Whatever this movie will be, I think this is a fucking incredible trailer... Everything about the way they use musical themes to tell you about the plot of the movie in this trailer is sooooo good! Starting out with the meager representation of the lightside theme, then having it get over whelmed by the sounds and images of war as it slowly morphs into the darkside theme... fully revealed as the final answer to Forest Whitaker's question "If you continue to fight, what will you become?"

I fucking love a great tale of a hero falling from grace or a villain earning redemption and I'm pretty sure that is what this trailer is telling us this movie is about.

Plus there is god damn Mandalorians! GET HYPE!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-18 15:00:18
April 18 2016 14:58 GMT
#34
Hyped thought the trailer was awesome. But I wonder there is a danger of finding out who the characters and their connections are meaning we can easily figure who dies considering Mon Mothma and her tone in Episode IV.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 12 2016 03:49 GMT
#35
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
August 12 2016 03:53 GMT
#36
Looks pretty good...
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
August 12 2016 04:05 GMT
#37
ooo nice
LennX
Profile Joined October 2010
4572 Posts
August 12 2016 04:12 GMT
#38
Hype is slowly building
Mute user function on TL; http://www.liquiddota.com/blogs/491245-mute-annoying-users-in-lr-threads
Kamisamanachi
Profile Joined April 2015
4665 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-12 04:46:16
August 12 2016 04:32 GMT
#39
looks decent..seems like the reshoots made the movie more lighter and funnier..still kinda hyped
fan of dream runs. orange ti3 , fnatic ti6 , wings ti6 , cdec ti5 !! B-god's anti mage , mushi's shadow fiend
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-15 15:50:05
August 15 2016 15:49 GMT
#40
Holy shit december be here rite nao plox...

This looks 10x more better and more hype than your regular Star Wars stuff.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 482
UpATreeSC 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1029
Dewaltoss 137
firebathero 88
Zeus 68
Trap 48
Sexy 30
zelot 30
soO 23
ToSsGirL 21
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 15
Dota 2
Gorgc7064
qojqva2305
Dendi855
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1180
Fnx 693
edward0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5354
Liquid`Hasu1064
Other Games
Grubby4618
summit1g1868
Beastyqt759
B2W.Neo568
ceh9449
byalli366
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe152
ArmadaUGS146
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 71
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV247
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3005
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 29m
Stellar Fest
18h 29m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.