• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:04
CEST 18:04
KST 01:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7185 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 44

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 68 Next
JMDj
Profile Joined September 2010
United States454 Posts
October 31 2013 07:25 GMT
#861
Marshall Mathers LP2 just leaked the whole album




enjoy~
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
October 31 2013 07:26 GMT
#862
MMLP2 is great. Loving most of the songs on it. Only thing I don't like is Berzerk - it just doesn't fit on this album.
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 31 2013 09:42 GMT
#863
I mean I'm still in shock but like

I think this is hotter than the original
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 31 2013 11:10 GMT
#864
I disagree in the heaviest terms possible, but each to their own I guess
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Phay
Profile Joined August 2010
55 Posts
October 31 2013 15:12 GMT
#865
Yup, its hot.
Think it's gonna win the Grammy for album of the year, best rap album or both??
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 31 2013 15:57 GMT
#866
I'm pretty sure its not eligible for either this year. And imo neither This years should definitely go to GKMC if we're talking mainstream rap albums that actually have a chance of winning.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 16:02:48
October 31 2013 16:00 GMT
#867
On October 31 2013 16:25 Swagasaurus wrote:
Marshall Mathers LP2 just leaked the whole album


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E33Qe3adKO4

enjoy~

Bad Guy (the first song) is legendary.

For context, it's a sequel to Stan. Listen to Stan first then listen to Bad Guy a few times. You'll see that the song is about Stan's brother, Matthew and how he blames Eminem for his brother's death; even going so far as to attempt to abduct and assassinate him. The final two minutes are about Eminem's conscience. To write and rap lyrics of this quality after you've been brain damaged by years of substance abuse and a near-fatal overdose of sleeping pills and have to relearn motor and talking skills is an incredible feat.

I also heard Rap God for the first time today. I can now see why it's so good. Hardly anybody can even touch Eminem. If any other rapper tried to create a song called Rap God, they'd be ridiculed. Eminem is the only rapper who can get away with such a track and justify it.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 16:53:29
October 31 2013 16:52 GMT
#868
I think it's better than expected but still kinda a mixed bag. Some corny lines throughout, dislike berserk now more than when I first listened to it, survival is still bad, the song or 2 songs before berserk was terrible. Love game with Kendrick was genuinely interesting and not what I expected, will have to listen again more closely to get a better idea. Hate the song with Rihanna on it.

But already can say I don't think it's better than the original mmlp. I don't dislike a song on there and the average quality is higher. But still, better than the last couple albums he's put out.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 20:20:38
October 31 2013 17:54 GMT
#869
Just downloading Deluxe album as we speak. Hoping for good things, my mate showed me the ratings he given for the album and he got some big 5 stars xD

Legacy and Headlights he says are big tunes

Which i now agree with xD
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 18:11:50
October 31 2013 18:03 GMT
#870
not liking much of this album except Headlights (emotional kind of song, some like Deja Vu/Going Through Changes), Berserk (typical Rick Rubin vibe as in Rock the Bell or 99 Problems), So Far (srsly this should be the lead single) and Bad Guy

Monster is pretty much the worst. Non-existent beat & production from unknown producer with a commercial out of place Rihanna's hook? I will pass

the album will grow over time imo, but I look forward more to the bonus tracks solely because of their name.

Comparison with MMLP? Light years behind! Simply because 20 years later I will still repeat Kill you, Drug Ballad, Way I Am, Real Slim Shady, Stan, Kim, Criminal, Bitchess Plz, Kids. Meanwhile MMLP2 has like zero song that good so far
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
October 31 2013 18:59 GMT
#871
http://rapgenius.com/Eminem-bad-guy-lyrics

Here's the lyrics of Bad Guy (if you click on the hyperlinks in the lyrics, it explains each reference, and there are a tonne of them in this song.

This is one of the deepest tracks I've heard, especially the last two minutes.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 20:27:24
October 31 2013 20:25 GMT
#872
I like that song, I dunno about being "deep", but the lyrics are definitely really well written with a lot of nice references and some of them really cleverly done.

The chorus is actually nice as well, a bit generic but gets the job done. In context its a bit of a disappointment cause there just so many songs on the album that have female poppy hooks.

My main problem is that I'm not a massive fan of his flow on it, its kinda doesn't drive the song forwards and despite being filled with ryhmes seems kinda sluggish. Still a good track though.

The switch up is great as well.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
October 31 2013 22:07 GMT
#873
Headlights is very good
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 01 2013 08:58 GMT
#874
His flow is fucking phenomenal imo, but like you said, to each their own
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 01 2013 09:05 GMT
#875
To be fair MMLP had Stan, Way I Am, The Real Slim Shady, Marshall Mathers, Drug Ballad, Bitch Please 2, Under the Influence and Criminal soooooooooooo yeah I agree with you but at the same time I need to let this sit and digest because lyrically I'm blown away far more by this album after so many years than I was by MMLP. I think I just feel that this album has a lot more soul in it off the bat.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 01 2013 15:50 GMT
#876
eh my problem with latter-day Eminem wasn't lack of technical skill or lyricism but the overabundance of corny-as-hell lines and boring subject matter. There's still some corny in this album, although it's not as bad, and the subject matter is better in some spots, but still not enough to blow me away. I don't think it's a terrible album but I wasn't really impressed or blown away by any means. It's a solid album but doesn't stand out from some other releases this year, never mind his past work.
skylarr
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada209 Posts
November 01 2013 19:58 GMT
#877
The only criticism I see against MMLP2 is that it doesn't live up to the original. But if you were to look at it objectively, the album is great. Don't expect anything from Em that will top SSLP, MMLP, or TES. That's like telling Michael Jackson to drop another thriller if he were still here (it won' happen). Just sit back and enjoy the music because MMLP2 is still 10x better than anything that's out today. And yes that includes Nothing was the Same and Born Sinner
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-01 22:02:24
November 01 2013 22:00 GMT
#878
I'd have to disagree. Even if you don't factor in MMLP there's still some issues with the album. Monster is still terrible, as is survival. There's some corny-ass lines scattered throughout. He does a cheesy as hell Yoda voice. Berserk's production is still too noisy. He tries too hard to capture old Eminem, especially with the celebrity shout-outs/disses. Who the fuck cares about K-Fed in 2013? Something about fucking a Kardashian, oh sorry Lamar? Lame. It's the same feeling I got when Hopsin tried to diss Kanye and Kendrick in his new song. It just seems like they're trying to hard, Eminem to convince his fans/the public that he's back to Old Eminem, Hopsin to well, be relevant and anti-mainstream. MMLP2's alrightt, but as I said I still wouldn't consider it to be the best album released this year.
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
November 01 2013 22:07 GMT
#879
i can't think of a really good rap album that came out this year and from the few listens I've had a i gotta say MMLP2 might just be album of the year. does he have some corny lines on the album, sure. but didn't the original MMLP too? it's just part of Em's personality to be corny funny. i like the goofiness, he clearly had fun making some of these songs.

also the Lamar line has a double meaning with Kendrick Lamar as well. not mindblowing by any means but it's not as bad a line as you think haha.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-01 23:03:42
November 01 2013 22:56 GMT
#880
On November 02 2013 07:07 Schelim wrote:
i can't think of a really good rap album that came out this year


Tyler's Wolf, Kanye's Yeezus, Danny Brown's Old. But I gotta agree, MMLP2 is a good album. I think Em's critics will always compare it with MMLP2, which just isn't fair imo. It's a great album, but it will always be compared to MMLP1, instead of other more recent artists/albums.
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM330
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
SteadfastSC 131
Rex 42
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33998
Calm 3430
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1732
Mini 635
Horang2 578
EffOrt 500
Soma 321
Rush 293
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 251
ZerO 219
Larva 217
BeSt 187
Snow 161
firebathero 116
Mong 100
Zeus 91
910 81
hero 79
Mind 71
sorry 44
Hyun 43
Free 37
Shinee 36
Sharp 35
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
PianO 24
Killer 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5800
Dendi1247
Counter-Strike
fl0m3855
x6flipin640
Fnx 78
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2121
Liquid`RaSZi1292
B2W.Neo677
hiko666
dupreeh520
ceh9371
RotterdaM330
crisheroes323
Khaldor291
420jenkins222
Livibee196
TKL 173
QueenE111
Trikslyr93
Dewaltoss62
C9.Mang035
ZerO(Twitch)15
Beastyqt12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH296
• Hinosc 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3857
• WagamamaTV432
League of Legends
• Nemesis2659
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 56m
INu's Battles
18h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 56m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.