• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:55
CEST 16:55
KST 23:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7926 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 735

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 733 734 735 736 737 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
May 29 2013 02:28 GMT
#14681
On May 29 2013 10:36 esaul17 wrote:
In severe boredom I decided to give episode 7 a watch. I can't say it really sucked me in. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I didn't feel like there was a lot to it. The characters were well defined from what I could tell (A leader, fashionista, aggressor, prep, timid, southern) but I don't see that the same as having depth or development. You can take a guess at how they'd react in a situation since they are (literally...) one trick ponies. I also couldn't really get on board with the story arc. The idea that fluttershy was supposed to be very gifted with animals then just bitched the dragon out and out-bullied him to make him cry and run away? It didn't strike me as really playing to her strong suit. I also just didn't think it made much sense for the dragon to be such a jerk to the leader if he was really a good guy who just needed a stern talking to.

I am generally not a fan of particularly cutesy stuff, so it's not surprise that this didn't do much for me but I just figured I'd give a perspective form someone who tried to go in with an open mind.


It's just a show! Don't feel the need to justify your apathy of a show to us. Don't mistake me: it is interesting to hear from you. Communities can be somewhat insular, and I think it's good to hear outside opinions. I'm just commenting on this because it occurred to me that I don't really see this with other TV shows, where people comment that they really tried to give it a fair shake and then give their well-reasoned justifications for not liking it, as if they need to assuage people that they aren't inherently biased against it. I guess that's just the stigma surrounding cartoon ponies.

I just happen to like something you don't. In this case it's MLP, but it could just as easily have been Scrubs, or Dexter, or Game of Thrones, and I don't expect you to have to defend your position on either. If you want to talk about the show then I'll be happy to have a conversation, but if you just wanted to say hi and legitimize your views to us to assure us that you're not an automatic hater, then don't worry, we don't mind. And we're glad you dropped by to say hello.
TL+ Member
esaul17
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada547 Posts
May 29 2013 03:08 GMT
#14682
Sorry if I came across as defensive, that was not my intent. No one seemed aggressive about people *having* to like the show or anything. I was just contributing to the discussion. I read the first few pages of the thread and there seemed to be a good amount of discussion from people giving the show a shot and detailing what they thought about it. I guess my post probably looks more out of place on page 734 than it would have on page 3.

Thanks for the responses guys.
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
May 29 2013 03:19 GMT
#14683
Not everybody likes the same thing, regardless of how "good" that thing is. It took me a few episodes to really get into the show; some people require more time than others to enjoy it, if they do at all. I'm glad you gave it an honest try, which is all a reasonably minded member of any fandom can ask of an outsider.

Anyway, here is a random picture of horses.

[image loading]
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
Foblos
Profile Joined September 2011
United States426 Posts
May 29 2013 04:00 GMT
#14684
On May 29 2013 12:08 esaul17 wrote:
Sorry if I came across as defensive, that was not my intent. No one seemed aggressive about people *having* to like the show or anything. I was just contributing to the discussion. I read the first few pages of the thread and there seemed to be a good amount of discussion from people giving the show a shot and detailing what they thought about it. I guess my post probably looks more out of place on page 734 than it would have on page 3.

Thanks for the responses guys.


It might be worth giving a few other episodes a shot if you're interested at all. I watched the entire first season in a single sitting and spent the first half or so mocking it. Then at one point I noticed I was really, really engrossed in the show and finished the rest of the season really enjoying it.
But at what cost ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
May 29 2013 06:09 GMT
#14685
On May 29 2013 08:44 Keymaster wrote:
Lauren Faust did an AMA on 4chan... weird.
http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/res/10902082
http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/res/10913834


Of all places.. rofl

some of the reactions there are funny,
maru lover forever
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
May 29 2013 07:35 GMT
#14686
On May 29 2013 12:08 esaul17 wrote:
Sorry if I came across as defensive, that was not my intent. No one seemed aggressive about people *having* to like the show or anything. I was just contributing to the discussion. I read the first few pages of the thread and there seemed to be a good amount of discussion from people giving the show a shot and detailing what they thought about it. I guess my post probably looks more out of place on page 734 than it would have on page 3.

Thanks for the responses guys.

From my point of view there's no need for you to apologise. I like it when new people try watching because I think there are people who might like the show but don't try because they are put off by their own preconceived expectations. I know that not everybody will like the show though, and if you don't then that's perfectly fine

I am interested in what people think of the show, whether good or bad (so long as they're not just being insulting) and you made some good points. Personally I don't think that episode is a great one to start with. Everyone who likes the show has their own reasons for liking it, so there will never be a consensus on things like which episode is best for someone who hasn't watched the show before.

I agree that it is a bit weird how the dragon's attitude changes so drastically after a bit of 'tough love' from Fluttershy. If someone in irl doesn't listen to reason or friendly approaches I doubt they would react better to being told off :p I think people like the idea that the timid Fluttershy is still strong enough to stand up for her friends.
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
May 30 2013 08:50 GMT
#14687
On May 29 2013 09:16 Gary Oak wrote:
It's not really weird. The fandom originated from 4chan, and she has been known to lurk, as well as occasionally interacting with them. EqD did a post summarizing these threads, since 4chan threads will be deleted after a few days.

My favourite part of all this is the amount of butthurt from reddit and ponychan, because she chose /mlp/ and not those places.

I can't understand the rational about getting upset about that at all. She's one woman who can be in one place at a time.

It's not like you can't take part and enjoy the discussions on these sites without being a regular member anyway, who's going to notice a passing anon.

The thank-you thingie from /mlp/ was really nice, though I had to raise my eyebrows at some of the cropped pictures some users decided to use. :p
Paint it bright and bold.
Keymaster
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic27 Posts
May 30 2013 10:57 GMT
#14688
you'll understand it if you realize that most of the fandom runs on drama :D
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
May 30 2013 11:11 GMT
#14689
On May 30 2013 17:50 Zoundsforsook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2013 09:16 Gary Oak wrote:
It's not really weird. The fandom originated from 4chan, and she has been known to lurk, as well as occasionally interacting with them. EqD did a post summarizing these threads, since 4chan threads will be deleted after a few days.

My favourite part of all this is the amount of butthurt from reddit and ponychan, because she chose /mlp/ and not those places.

The thank-you thingie from /mlp/ was really nice, though I had to raise my eyebrows at some of the cropped pictures some users decided to use. :p

Dibbly's (name?) picture (r2,c12) is such an epitome of /mlp/ as a whole, that it was included anyway despite being in very bad taste. I really don't think it should have been though hahaha. Hope it doesn't damage her rep too much lol.

The more subtle ones (r4,c12) would have been sufficient.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Thallis
Profile Joined September 2010
United States314 Posts
May 30 2013 21:14 GMT
#14690
New SGaP!

/)*(\
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
June 02 2013 03:13 GMT
#14691
ART

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
June 04 2013 07:13 GMT
#14692
Rainbow & Rooted comes out TODAY

http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/

Not up yet, but I'm totally watchin.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
June 04 2013 07:24 GMT
#14693
AHHHH

I just realized! I actually dreamed of Gark Oak. I don't know maybe it's because I browse TL right before going to bed, but I remember seeing on a site something like Amazon (this is a dream of mine) a couple of novels about ponies written by Gark Oak for sale.



._.
maru lover forever
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
June 04 2013 17:34 GMT
#14694
On June 04 2013 16:24 Incognoto wrote:
AHHHH

I just realized! I actually dreamed of Gark Oak. I don't know maybe it's because I browse TL right before going to bed, but I remember seeing on a site something like Amazon (this is a dream of mine) a couple of novels about ponies written by Gark Oak for sale.



._.

What's wrong with that? That's an awesome dream!
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
June 04 2013 19:54 GMT
#14695
On June 04 2013 16:13 Raelcun wrote:
Rainbow & Rooted comes out TODAY

http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/

Not up yet, but I'm totally watchin.

Erm, what exactly is that
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
June 04 2013 20:00 GMT
#14696
On June 05 2013 02:34 Gary Oak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 16:24 Incognoto wrote:
AHHHH

I just realized! I actually dreamed of Gark Oak. I don't know maybe it's because I browse TL right before going to bed, but I remember seeing on a site something like Amazon (this is a dream of mine) a couple of novels about ponies written by Gark Oak for sale.



._.

What's wrong with that? That's an awesome dream!

nothing particularly... wrong with that i guess

._.

kind of funny so i shared
maru lover forever
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
June 04 2013 22:22 GMT
#14697
And yet you keep making that face...
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
June 04 2013 22:29 GMT
#14698
He's hopelessly in love and having troubles coming to terms with it.
Paint it bright and bold.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
June 05 2013 01:01 GMT
#14699
On June 05 2013 04:54 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 16:13 Raelcun wrote:
Rainbow & Rooted comes out TODAY

http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/

Not up yet, but I'm totally watchin.

Erm, what exactly is that

Balloon Party 2.0 charity album that's released to raise money for musicians to attend pony cons. It's usually made free with the option of donating. last one had 45 tracks, with a decent amount of crap but a good amount of good songs mixed in.

I was expecting it to be out by now... but still nothing wth.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
June 05 2013 07:30 GMT
#14700
And of course it doesn't come out today. Apparently delayed to the 7th... gg
Prev 1 733 734 735 736 737 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 424
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33116
Bisu 3109
Shuttle 1777
Hyuk 1310
EffOrt 771
Mini 691
Larva 360
Soma 290
firebathero 252
ZerO 246
[ Show more ]
Zeus 111
hero 94
Sexy 88
Last 81
Hyun 46
Mong 43
Killer 40
ToSsGirL 38
Pusan 35
Trap 32
PianO 31
Aegong 27
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 21
zelot 15
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8122
qojqva1611
Dendi748
Counter-Strike
fl0m2577
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1310
crisheroes990
Liquid`Hasu573
Lowko441
Other Games
singsing2201
B2W.Neo1287
Beastyqt533
Livibee219
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX149
KnowMe111
ArmadaUGS94
Mew2King80
elazer72
CosmosSc2 18
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 34
• Adnapsc2 8
• mYiSmile17
• poizon28 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV234
League of Legends
• Jankos1875
Other Games
• Shiphtur45
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 5m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 5m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 5m
INu's Battles
21h 5m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.