• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:44
CEST 03:44
KST 10:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10171 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 349

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 347 348 349 350 351 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
December 11 2011 12:09 GMT
#6961
+ Show Spoiler +
Awesome Episode! I pretty much liked everything about it. Cute partying, funny gags and the storyline was good.
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
December 11 2011 12:22 GMT
#6962
i didnt like the episode that much :§
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
December 11 2011 12:26 GMT
#6963
On December 11 2011 17:00 Saurabhinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2011 16:36 GypsyBeast wrote:
On December 11 2011 16:12 Saurabhinator wrote:
So I read my first MLP fanfic: (A Circle of Friends written by Kiyyik)
+ Show Spoiler +

And now I'm all sad. Or breathless. I dont quite understand. I dont get these feelings very often.
For me the past year has been emotionally numbing, depressing and stressful. After reading this story it felt like a huge rush of emotions flowing through me.
It was a very effective story.
Combined with the music which goes with it I almost feel like crying.
I have only felt this melancholic after I have finished reading or watching the narratives which I hold so closely to my heart. I always get that feeling of immense sadness once I close the last page of that wonderful novel.

It has reminded me of why I watch this show and why I love film, animation, comics, and novels so much.
It was definitely the highlight of my weekend.

i guess ill spoiler this because some people might get upset at this kind of talk.
+ Show Spoiler +
I found that fic much more heart warming rather then sad, being ready for death has always been a very beautiful concept to me. I seem to be the minority on this feeling though but in any event it is really well written.
Circle of friends is what really got me into pony fan fiction. Before circle of friends all the fics i had read had left a bad taste in my mouth and i was ready to give up reading fan fics but circle of friends was so powerful it restored my passion :D

+ Show Spoiler +
Powerful definitely explains it.
It felt so conclusive, and thats what makes it kind of sad; because these characters are still our friends and we havent learnt to let go yet.


Circle of friends stuff
+ Show Spoiler +
I have similar thoughts to GaryOak regarding Circle of Friends although I will admit I teared up while reading it, that was out of some kind of happiness, the thought of the mane six passing on is an extremely sad one but the way the writer puts it so well makes it beautiful and conclusive, the ponies led full lives and that is the best anyone could hope for

I can't explain myself very well but Gary is right in saying that being ready for death is a beautiful concept

Talking about Circle of Friends is making me all emotional again so ill take this opportunity to say I love you guys in this community! haha <3

Huzzah for the mare-a-thon! I had to leave after episode 14 but it sounds like it went really well, thanks for putting it together you handsome organiser folks you, hopefully I can see a bit more of the next one.
Paint it bright and bold.
Sententia
Profile Joined July 2011
United States90 Posts
December 11 2011 12:30 GMT
#6964
Out of a driving curiosity of this entire Brony culture I'm now watching the first episode.

Godspeed, myself.
Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black and the dark street winds and bends. Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow, we shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow, and watch where the chalk-white arrows go,
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
December 11 2011 13:19 GMT
#6965
Just to give a bit of update, I won't be back for good anytime soon; it turned out that they did a pretty poor job even with the surgery itself (won't go into details as that would be inappropriate for this thread) and a 2nd one might be necessary :/ and either way for the time being, until they take out the sewing next friday, I can barely open my right eye. Sucks to know that I had to miss the mare-a-thon (especially since it seems like you guys had a lot of fun) in exchange for that.

Anyway got PM'd to check out the postshow vid heh. Nice shoutout Gary. And thanks for all the good wishes guys, I appreciate it.

Also just watched the new ep
+ Show Spoiler +
It was all-around solid, I had no complaints about it whatsoever, it was definitely better than The Cutie Pox and The Mare-Do-Well eps, but it was worse than the others - they have set the bars too high for themselves. Anyway if the average episode is going to be of this quality, then s2 will continue to be really awesome. I do dislike how canon inevitably messes up fanon though - that certain tearjerking Spike growing old comic that has been posted in this thread longer ago, for example, will lose from its power if you do keep canon in mind. Oh well.


Also Circle Of Friends is one of the few fanfics that brought me to tears (the other ones being My Little Dashie and Past Sins). Especially together with that Reasoner song playing in the background while reading it. I've got all Reasoner songs since then heh, and most of them are just as awesome.

Also nice that you're giving the show a chance Sententia, if only more people would be willing to at least give an episode a shot.

All right guys, see you later.
Sententia
Profile Joined July 2011
United States90 Posts
December 11 2011 13:23 GMT
#6966
I couldn't bear the entire first episode, it was too... little-kiddish, I guess, and devoid of good story. It's very obviously the "character introduction" episode, and it's kind of bland. The OP mentioned episode 7 is a good representation of the series so I watched that too, in case episode 1 was just bad. It was definitely better! Unfortunately it didn't seem great, not really something I'd watch.

I have to admit though, the animation was very smooth. It was no Advent Children, but it was certainly nice-looking.
Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black and the dark street winds and bends. Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow, we shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow, and watch where the chalk-white arrows go,
Savci
Profile Joined March 2011
53 Posts
December 11 2011 14:20 GMT
#6967
On December 11 2011 22:23 Sententia wrote:
I watched that too, in case episode 1 was just bad. It was definitely better! Unfortunately it didn't seem great, not really something I'd watch.

It took around 7 episodes to get over my doubts concerning the show and its little "mistakes" - and I started with the 17th episode, going backwards. Until then, I wasn't into it either. No obligations for you, of course.
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
December 11 2011 14:24 GMT
#6968
On December 11 2011 22:23 Sententia wrote:
I couldn't bear the entire first episode, it was too... little-kiddish, I guess, and devoid of good story. It's very obviously the "character introduction" episode, and it's kind of bland. The OP mentioned episode 7 is a good representation of the series so I watched that too, in case episode 1 was just bad. It was definitely better! Unfortunately it didn't seem great, not really something I'd watch.

I have to admit though, the animation was very smooth. It was no Advent Children, but it was certainly nice-looking.




well I started with 7th first then the 9th then 1,2,3,4 ... i just kept on watching coz i was bored ... i was NOT amazed at all. well im one of those people came to love it after 7-8 episodes


This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 11 2011 14:39 GMT
#6969
On December 11 2011 22:23 Sententia wrote:
I couldn't bear the entire first episode, it was too... little-kiddish, I guess, and devoid of good story. It's very obviously the "character introduction" episode, and it's kind of bland. The OP mentioned episode 7 is a good representation of the series so I watched that too, in case episode 1 was just bad. It was definitely better! Unfortunately it didn't seem great, not really something I'd watch.

I have to admit though, the animation was very smooth. It was no Advent Children, but it was certainly nice-looking.


Well, that's much better than the average 'OMG YOU ARE SICKOS' reaction

TBH I like childish stuff if they make me laugh and not burst my brains out of my head. MLP makes me laugh. Strawberry Shortcake(which we are doomed to watch when waiting a MLP episode) bursts my brain.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Frek
Profile Joined June 2011
United States65 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 16:33:48
December 11 2011 16:12 GMT
#6970
So.. uhh.....

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also: Highly disappointed in the lack of Octavia in the BG pony contest. For shame!





EDIT:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/daniel-ingrams-sing-becoming-popular.html#more

Stardragon, I think you know what must be done.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
December 11 2011 18:05 GMT
#6971
I double checked the synopsis for the new episode, air date jan 7. That means two week gap between 11 and 12
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
ZealotKiller
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
December 11 2011 18:15 GMT
#6972
So sad I had to miss the entire Mare-a-thon 2, after watching the entire first one Hope you ponies all had a great time!
I'll do my best to be there for the next one, probly wont have to play santa claus for some kids in a month or so!
I just like liking things.
Phant
Profile Joined August 2010
United States737 Posts
December 11 2011 18:33 GMT
#6973
I think the obvious solution is to give me all of the contest items, one for each point of Ponymon.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
December 11 2011 18:43 GMT
#6974
Wonderbolts wallpaper from the newest ep that I think people will like:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Chaman Jyash
Profile Joined September 2011
United States107 Posts
December 11 2011 20:17 GMT
#6975
On December 11 2011 18:17 [Agony]x90 wrote:
I can't do it. I can't listen to our song. OMG I FEEL SO EMBARASSED.


IMO, it sounded so much better in practice! Okay I lie... a little... it sounded pretty bad in practice just because it was SO horribly desync'd and hard to even understand what was going on. But Agony! You shined! You shined all across equestria, who knew you had such talent!
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
[Agony]x90
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States853 Posts
December 11 2011 21:45 GMT
#6976
On December 12 2011 05:17 Chaman Jyash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2011 18:17 [Agony]x90 wrote:
I can't do it. I can't listen to our song. OMG I FEEL SO EMBARASSED.


IMO, it sounded so much better in practice! Okay I lie... a little... it sounded pretty bad in practice just because it was SO horribly desync'd and hard to even understand what was going on. But Agony! You shined! You shined all across equestria, who knew you had such talent!


Nah. y'all just needed to sing out! Screw your roommates and flatmates! WAKE THEM ALL UP!. USE THE CANTERLOT ROYAL VOICE! :3.

It was actually a lot of fun though. Still waiting for Cane/Frek/Pettter + others to transcribe and/or compose pony music and piece it together via internets with SD super editing skills! That would be epic.
JF dodger since 2009
Dreamslayer
Profile Joined October 2011
50 Posts
December 11 2011 23:04 GMT
#6977
Misato's first drawing released.

It says "Merry Christmas !"

[image loading]
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
December 11 2011 23:59 GMT
#6978
Posting this here for posterity.

[image loading]
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
December 12 2011 00:06 GMT
#6979
Never enough love for Celestia.

[image loading]
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 12 2011 00:16 GMT
#6980
[image loading]

Good stuff deserves to be reposted.
All my daw.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Prev 1 347 348 349 350 351 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12854
Shuttle 773
Artosis 591
Dewaltoss 61
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
Doublelift4108
Counter-Strike
taco 521
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
AZ_Axe119
Other Games
summit1g9099
shahzam737
Day[9].tv527
C9.Mang0357
Maynarde147
WinterStarcraft124
ViBE103
Trikslyr72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv527
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 16m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.