• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:59
CEST 05:59
KST 12:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9425 users

Death metal thread - Page 2

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Pasado
Profile Joined December 2010
United States142 Posts
July 25 2011 05:24 GMT
#21
On July 25 2011 10:54 couches wrote:
I know, I know genre elitist will shun this band but IDGAF, this song is saaweeet.



¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well Opeth isn't death metal, but that said I love them!, great song too, especially the interlude.

Cancer:


Cryptopsy:
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
July 25 2011 15:05 GMT
#22
Nice ones!

My favorite Cancer song ATM would be:

IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Musclecore
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Sweden103 Posts
July 25 2011 16:59 GMT
#23
On July 25 2011 09:29 Alabasern wrote:
My good friend and mental mentor recommended this recently to me.

TimeGhoul - Rainwound


The guitarist (I think) has made a deal with Dark Descent Records to release the old demos + some unreleased material on LP/CD. No date set yet, but it's about time that band get the justice it deserves. Remember when one of the demos started circulating on the internet 4-5 years back or so, was like nothing I had ever heard before in the genre.

And on another note, on the discussion of Sacramentum as being black, death, melodic this or that or whatever. I myself put them in the melodic death metal genre (as it sounded in its inception, before the Gothenburg scene took it over) This goes for Vinterland and Dissection aswell, and surely some other bands of similar style aswell. That's just my personal aesthetical asswankery though, in truth its somewhere in the grey zone between black and death, and which side of the fence you want to put them. Well, who cares!

Anyway, here's some music, the band of a few acquaintances of mine:




And here's from a live gig with them, where me and a friend of mine got up on stage for some reason or another (we were pretty much intoxicated, hrrrmmm). I'm the non-blonde guy.


And here's another Swedish band, I know the members of this outfit a bit closer, even though they live in another town:
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
July 25 2011 17:02 GMT
#24
It's nice to see that a few people here respect the old-school stuff.

Infester
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 17:04:48
July 25 2011 17:03 GMT
#25
I saw morbid angel live yesterday in Montreal, Immortal rites live is pretty good


Song, in case some ppl still havent heard this which i doubt lol
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
LoKi-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States121 Posts
July 25 2011 17:05 GMT
#26
I'm more into progressive death metal, so, like the guy posting Opeth, genre elitists will probably shun me. I still consider this stuff death metal, though - although it could be up to interpretation. Who cares, really - in the end, music is music.

Meshuggah:


Opeth:


Gojira: (this song is INCREDIBLE



Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
July 25 2011 17:10 GMT
#27
My favourites are Bloodbath, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Opeth (partially death metal band (they have been transitioning slowly to prog rock last 5 years, but still, any part of this band kicks ass, so) , Gojira, In Mourning, Ikuinen Kaamos and some that I don't remember now.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Slipgoon
Profile Joined November 2005
Sweden390 Posts
July 25 2011 17:10 GMT
#28
Missed this thread! There's a lot of good death out there...
How about "Job for a cowboy"? pretty chunky with that bass sample



And that dude from Opeth got a great band called Bloodbath, great and old-school.
We cant call people without wings angels. So we call them friends.
ToastyToast
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation14 Posts
July 25 2011 17:18 GMT
#29
I will post more Opeth



and some melodic death metal... dont kill me

Musclecore
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Sweden103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 17:21:41
July 25 2011 17:20 GMT
#30
On July 26 2011 02:05 mewvolk wrote:
I'm more into progressive death metal, so, like the guy posting Opeth, genre elitists will probably shun me. I still consider this stuff death metal, though - although it could be up to interpretation. Who cares, really - in the end, music is music.


Why post non-death metal in a thread dedicated to the genre then, if music is just music? :D Wouldn't it fit better in a general music thread then?

Opeth (most of their stuff anyway) I can give some leeway, since the music is deeply rooted in the genre, and I guess Gojira is aswell. But Meshuggah? I don't know man... Well, I've done my obligatory bitching and will refrain from it from now on. It's not like this forum is metal oriented and the discussion is really worth it.

Here's some more music for the (m)asses:

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy
Dreamscythe
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland273 Posts
July 25 2011 17:22 GMT
#31


If Amon amarth wasnt singing from viking stuff i wouldnt probably even listen em ;p

Johan(singer) Did say on some interview that Amon amarth isnt viking metal band. they are just regulary guys that like's to sing from Thor/Odin etc.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.Oscar Wilde
ToastyToast
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 17:34:29
July 25 2011 17:27 GMT
#32
I'll post some more

what is this i dont even ... it's fucking awesome







P.S. Repugnant sounds damn awesome
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
July 25 2011 17:38 GMT
#33
Not sure if this is right place for this seeing as its a bit more melodic the straight death... but I saw Insomnium and Opeth so :D



Also



And

"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
July 25 2011 17:44 GMT
#34
Awsome thread. Heres some stuff im listening to lately"

Scaphist


A Loathing Requiem


Kronos


Carnophage


Begging for Incest
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
July 25 2011 18:02 GMT
#35
Here's my Last.FM profile. Feel free to add etc

http://www.last.fm/user/vasectomyomega
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 18:55:43
July 25 2011 18:54 GMT
#36
On July 26 2011 02:20 Musclecore wrote:
Here's some more music for the (m)asses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7jVVBn9s6w


<3 for Repugnant, one of the better new DM bands.

On July 26 2011 02:10 Slipgoon wrote:
Missed this thread! There's a lot of good death out there...
How about "Job for a cowboy"? pretty chunky with that bass sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHW01gY7H-4

And that dude from Opeth got a great band called Bloodbath, great and old-school.


Job for A Cowboy is considered deathcore, post it in the heavy metal thread rather.

On July 26 2011 01:59 Musclecore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2011 09:29 Alabasern wrote:
My good friend and mental mentor recommended this recently to me.

TimeGhoul - Rainwound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9pROgk3J3A


The guitarist (I think) has made a deal with Dark Descent Records to release the old demos + some unreleased material on LP/CD. No date set yet, but it's about time that band get the justice it deserves. Remember when one of the demos started circulating on the internet 4-5 years back or so, was like nothing I had ever heard before in the genre.

And on another note, on the discussion of Sacramentum as being black, death, melodic this or that or whatever. I myself put them in the melodic death metal genre (as it sounded in its inception, before the Gothenburg scene took it over) This goes for Vinterland and Dissection aswell, and surely some other bands of similar style aswell. That's just my personal aesthetical asswankery though, in truth its somewhere in the grey zone between black and death, and which side of the fence you want to put them. Well, who cares!

Anyway, here's some music, the band of a few acquaintances of mine:
And here's from a live gig with them, where me and a friend of mine got up on stage for some reason or another (we were pretty much intoxicated, hrrrmmm). I'm the non-blonde guy.
And here's another Swedish band, I know the members of this outfit a bit closer, even though they live in another town:


Excellent stuff!: )

On July 26 2011 02:02 LoLAdriankat wrote:
It's nice to see that a few people here respect the old-school stuff.

Infester
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG16xNzqGG0


I agree : )

Winter reminds me strangely of Winter because of the production. I have never been a huge Infester fan but I certainly digg em'.


On July 26 2011 02:03 Louuster wrote:
I saw morbid angel live yesterday in Montreal, Immortal rites live is pretty good
Song, in case some ppl still havent heard this which i doubt lol


Legendary song from a legendary album, I envy you! Even though I was very dissapointed at the new release their old stuff still stands as a testimony of excellence!

I have been in a couple of debates concerning weither or not Necrotism by Carcass is DM, I believe it is close enough so I will just drop this CLASSIC tune:


IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 19:24:16
July 25 2011 19:23 GMT
#37
There's still a few new Morbid Angel songs from that new album that aren't completely embarrassing and facepalm to listen to. I'd drop everything in my life to go see them if they came close regardless of their new material.
Marth
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany146 Posts
July 25 2011 19:35 GMT
#38
Amon Amarth Links in a Death Metal Thread? Wait...

I love Vader so much, its easily my favorite Death Metal band besides Death and Nile and a couple of others.





www.last.fm/user/the_windwaker | http://trakt.tv/users/iammarth
LoKi-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States121 Posts
July 25 2011 19:45 GMT
#39
On July 26 2011 02:20 Musclecore wrote:

Why post non-death metal in a thread dedicated to the genre then, if music is just music? :D Wouldn't it fit better in a general music thread then?

Opeth (most of their stuff anyway) I can give some leeway, since the music is deeply rooted in the genre, and I guess Gojira is aswell. But Meshuggah? I don't know man... Well, I've done my obligatory bitching and will refrain from it from now on. It's not like this forum is metal oriented and the discussion is really worth it.


You misunderstood me, man I personally think that all of those are death metal, which is why I posted them. However, I wasn't sure whether or not everybody would agree with me, which is why I had that little disclaimer.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up - like you, I don't want this discussion to cloud up all the awesome stuff in here.
Midas_
Profile Joined September 2010
268 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 19:58:47
July 25 2011 19:56 GMT
#40
Hell yes!
I'm pretty much open to all kinds of Death Metal.
Some of my favorites:
Oldschool Stuff:
+ Show Spoiler +



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKlw1Ug97Ts


Blackened/Occult:
+ Show Spoiler +


Pretty hard to classify Anaal Nathrakh (but imho it heavy influenced by death metal)



melodic:
+ Show Spoiler +





Some HQ-Nile live footage:
+ Show Spoiler +






Also check out: Carcass, Asphyx, Behemoth, Atheist!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.