• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8979 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 1177

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1254 Next
Velitation
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada224 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 01:50:35
February 18 2016 01:48 GMT
#23521
On February 18 2016 01:35 Mafe wrote:
There was a very interesting post about how to get better at sc2:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/253300-the-starcraft-pyramid
It would be great if someone who is suited for it could do an adpation for dota 2.

tldr (as far as I remember): the lower your skill is the more different things you can do to improve. But the best/most efficient way to improve depends a lot on your actual skilllevel.


Yeah, that helps. I guess the first things for me would be improving last hitting and monitoring the minimap more consistently before I delve into more complicated stuff.

Edit: I'm sitting around 3k.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
February 18 2016 02:58 GMT
#23522
I am using Windows 7 and I keep getting these mini stutters for 0.5-1 second every 30 seconds to one minute or so... It's extremely frustrating when playing Dota and it happens at the worst time. I don't have any firewall running, so I'm not really sure what it could be.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? I apologize if this is the wrong thread for it.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
tehh4ck3r
Profile Joined August 2013
Magrathea7086 Posts
February 18 2016 03:06 GMT
#23523
On February 18 2016 11:58 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I am using Windows 7 and I keep getting these mini stutters for 0.5-1 second every 30 seconds to one minute or so... It's extremely frustrating when playing Dota and it happens at the worst time. I don't have any firewall running, so I'm not really sure what it could be.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? I apologize if this is the wrong thread for it.


add your dota install directory to your anti-virus exclusions/whitelist
AdministratorIn those days, spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Verniy
Profile Joined May 2015
Canada3360 Posts
February 18 2016 03:07 GMT
#23524
i had issues like that for a while
eventually an update came and they just kinda disappeared without me noticing
Heaven's Halberd is the most criminally underbought item in Dota. Together we can stop this.
DV G
Profile Joined September 2012
Argentina2339 Posts
February 18 2016 04:54 GMT
#23525
Had the same for about 4 months (then a patch came and fixed it).

I had to verify cache every single time before playing to make it bearable to play fiwi
Go pro or die trying
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 05:12:41
February 18 2016 05:11 GMT
#23526
On February 18 2016 12:06 tehh4ck3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2016 11:58 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I am using Windows 7 and I keep getting these mini stutters for 0.5-1 second every 30 seconds to one minute or so... It's extremely frustrating when playing Dota and it happens at the worst time. I don't have any firewall running, so I'm not really sure what it could be.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? I apologize if this is the wrong thread for it.


add your dota install directory to your anti-virus exclusions/whitelist


I don't use any anti-virus, thank you though.

Hmm, I didn't have any issues since like 6-8 months ago, and this issue made me almost stop playing Dota 2 because it's just not fun to play... It makes it feel like every loss is attributed to it in some way (it's not really, but like, every single game I miss out on a few plays because of it).

Really don't want waiting to be the only option Thank you for the advice though guys.

edit: Even now I play super easy heroes, more focused on positioning than mechanical style, and its just a bummer.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
February 18 2016 05:16 GMT
#23527
maybe you need to replace graphics cards or format comp or something?
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
February 18 2016 05:17 GMT
#23528
have you tried lowering the resolution?
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Boltwork
Profile Joined February 2016
18 Posts
February 18 2016 05:58 GMT
#23529
Could it be hard drive related?

I had this same micro-freeze happen on multiple games when I was using an older hard drive, but it was worst on source engine games.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
February 18 2016 06:09 GMT
#23530
I do have an "old" GPU, the Radeon 6870... So I'm running on medium-high settings, but its just a weird thing to be graphics card related. Like I'm getting solid performance, and then just a freeze, and it's not an CPU or GPU intensive parts either.

I'll try lowering the settings and resolution, thanks for the suggestion Icy. And hmm HDD, it worked previously, and I have a pretty solid 7200rpm HDD, so it's no SSD, but not sure how I could check whether that's an issue. My computer did fudge up a while back, so I did a clean windows install, and it's been way better since, so not sure if it could have been the HDD.

I appreciate all the help guys.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 18 2016 10:34 GMT
#23531
is your hard disk a western digital model?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
February 18 2016 18:43 GMT
#23532
I have had HDD related problems due to the windows rest setting for HDDs where there is nothing read for a long time, so it powers down. Then there is a need for data and it takes 3s to start the HDD before getting the data. This stopped when I changed settings. I don't think that is your problem though due to how common it is, should be 1-2 times per game if that was the issue.
Danzo
Profile Joined March 2011
2820 Posts
February 18 2016 18:49 GMT
#23533
When playing Ursa vs PA, is it worth going Silver Edge over MKB?
Getting too old for this..
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
February 19 2016 07:24 GMT
#23534
Definitely not as a replacement. If you feel the invis is good (its seldom bad, especially in lower lvl pubs) you can get it but its not gonna replace MKB. Even a SBlade/SEdge Ursa will likely go MKB at some point against PA.
Geisterkarle
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Germany3257 Posts
February 19 2016 10:52 GMT
#23535
How does a Spirit Breaker Ultimate work on enemies in a Chronosphere?
Is the hero hit? And the Greater Bash ... does it move the target in the Chronosphere?
For the last bit a "sidequestion": What abilities actually can move units in a Chronospere? I think a Deafening Blast can do that ... are there others?
There can only be one Geisterkarle
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
February 19 2016 11:02 GMT
#23536
hook i think, also fissure
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11799 Posts
February 19 2016 12:53 GMT
#23537
How does Doom play now without LVL? Death? (Idk if this counts as a simple question) I felt nostalgic about my DotA days and read about how Doom doesn't have one of his signature skills. Follow-up question: why was it removed?
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 19 2016 15:05 GMT
#23538
the biggest downside to losing lvl death was not having something to remove linkens. i like his new spell though, dooming a hero and then hitting them with it is a lot of dmg
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
February 19 2016 15:22 GMT
#23539
On February 19 2016 16:24 Kreb wrote:
Definitely not as a replacement. If you feel the invis is good (its seldom bad, especially in lower lvl pubs) you can get it but its not gonna replace MKB. Even a SBlade/SEdge Ursa will likely go MKB at some point against PA.

Yeah, imagine missing with your Silver Edge attack lol.
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
February 19 2016 15:33 GMT
#23540
On February 20 2016 00:22 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 16:24 Kreb wrote:
Definitely not as a replacement. If you feel the invis is good (its seldom bad, especially in lower lvl pubs) you can get it but its not gonna replace MKB. Even a SBlade/SEdge Ursa will likely go MKB at some point against PA.

Yeah, imagine missing with your Silver Edge attack lol.

i think they patched it so you can't anymore
posting on liquid sites in current year
Prev 1 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 671
ProTech123
UpATreeSC 80
BRAT_OK 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28570
Shuttle 720
Hyuk 160
Dewaltoss 93
firebathero 86
White-Ra 70
Trap 61
ToSsGirL 30
Sacsri 20
Bale 19
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc8791
qojqva1733
Counter-Strike
fl0m1623
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King81
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1566
Khaldor1330
Liquid`Hasu357
Grubby0
Other Games
summit1g3091
FrodaN1697
Beastyqt552
XBOCT298
Mlord276
ArmadaUGS174
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe145
XaKoH 109
QueenE86
CosmosSc2 19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 60
• Hinosc 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 13
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur338
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 38m
Online Event
16h 38m
FEL
21h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.