• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8334 users

Evil Geniuses Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 233 234 235 Next
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
June 09 2014 03:13 GMT
#81
On June 09 2014 00:57 kirsed wrote:
Arteezy is one shotting people in EG vs. VG.


Natural order just destroys morphling. Really smart pick from EG, and kind of questionable from VG to not ban it. They used Elder Titan to destroy Arteezy's morph in the group stages, so they were certainly aware. Mix natural order with overcharge and tether, as well as Tree's healing and Arteezy could just man up so hard.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
June 09 2014 03:15 GMT
#82
They were in shape to take all 5 of those games. They ran out of gas in game 1 and game 3 they waited too long and let DK back into it. Impressive win for sure.

Am I the only one that sees core veno and wants to punch myself in the dick though?
LiquidDota Staff
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
June 09 2014 03:24 GMT
#83
On June 09 2014 12:15 OuchyDathurts wrote:
They were in shape to take all 5 of those games. They ran out of gas in game 1 and game 3 they waited too long and let DK back into it. Impressive win for sure.

Am I the only one that sees core veno and wants to punch myself in the dick though?


I can honestly say that I have never wanted to punch myself in the dick.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
June 09 2014 03:26 GMT
#84
On June 09 2014 12:24 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2014 12:15 OuchyDathurts wrote:
They were in shape to take all 5 of those games. They ran out of gas in game 1 and game 3 they waited too long and let DK back into it. Impressive win for sure.

Am I the only one that sees core veno and wants to punch myself in the dick though?


I can honestly say that I have never wanted to punch myself in the dick.


Its rare but core veno is one of my triggers. I've never been a fan of the hero but he doesn't bring much to the table really and EG kept picking it this weekend as a 1 and losing.
LiquidDota Staff
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
June 09 2014 03:28 GMT
#85
On June 09 2014 12:26 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2014 12:24 Chewbacca. wrote:
On June 09 2014 12:15 OuchyDathurts wrote:
They were in shape to take all 5 of those games. They ran out of gas in game 1 and game 3 they waited too long and let DK back into it. Impressive win for sure.

Am I the only one that sees core veno and wants to punch myself in the dick though?


I can honestly say that I have never wanted to punch myself in the dick.


Its rare but core veno is one of my triggers. I've never been a fan of the hero but he doesn't bring much to the table really and EG kept picking it this weekend as a 1 and losing.

They must've won with it in scrims or something. They wouldn't pick it if they weren't confident it would work.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 09 2014 03:29 GMT
#86
That G1 draft made core Veno work. The only issue was that Enchantress heal caused the strat to peak earlier than normal.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
June 09 2014 03:32 GMT
#87
On June 09 2014 12:26 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2014 12:24 Chewbacca. wrote:
On June 09 2014 12:15 OuchyDathurts wrote:
They were in shape to take all 5 of those games. They ran out of gas in game 1 and game 3 they waited too long and let DK back into it. Impressive win for sure.

Am I the only one that sees core veno and wants to punch myself in the dick though?


I can honestly say that I have never wanted to punch myself in the dick.


Its rare but core veno is one of my triggers. I've never been a fan of the hero but he doesn't bring much to the table really and EG kept picking it this weekend as a 1 and losing.

iG beat DK with it though
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
braincandy
Profile Joined February 2013
Philippines179 Posts
June 09 2014 03:40 GMT
#88
On June 09 2014 12:12 rabidch wrote:
EG definitely earned the win. I think Fear also had a large part in shaping their strategies.

yeah. i wish they mentioned how was Fear as a coach to them.
gulati
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2241 Posts
June 09 2014 03:41 GMT
#89
2EZ4RTZ.
C r u m b l i n g
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-09 03:47:00
June 09 2014 03:45 GMT
#90
On June 09 2014 12:29 WolfintheSheep wrote:
That G1 draft made core Veno work. The only issue was that Enchantress heal caused the strat to peak earlier than normal.


It worked to a point but EG had to draft super tanky heroes to draw the fights out long enough for the damage to actually start working. If they take squishier heroes they just get steamrolled before anyone on DK dies from the DoTs. Just seems way too one dimensional. I guess its something "different" but if you go a bit more standard all your eggs aren't in one basket. At the end of the day they take the tournament, just not a fan of that hero in the slightest.
LiquidDota Staff
Danzo
Profile Joined March 2011
2820 Posts
June 09 2014 04:41 GMT
#91
On June 09 2014 12:13 Yamulo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2014 00:57 kirsed wrote:
Arteezy is one shotting people in EG vs. VG.

http://youtu.be/WTouKGh0Npg

Natural order just destroys morphling. Really smart pick from EG, and kind of questionable from VG to not ban it. They used Elder Titan to destroy Arteezy's morph in the group stages, so they were certainly aware. Mix natural order with overcharge and tether, as well as Tree's healing and Arteezy could just man up so hard.


Man why does PA dagger do so much crit damage!! Eg had an amazing line up!
Getting too old for this..
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
June 09 2014 11:31 GMT
#92
Wow. With this, I'm sure people talking about mason only playing 3 heroes can give up their doubts.
Incredible, diverse drafts for sure. Really liked EG's play in the summit. Best of luck to them.
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-09 12:31:19
June 09 2014 12:30 GMT
#93
pa seems nice against morph in general cuz the dagger is pure damage, at level 3 it crits for 405 pure damage that's like so much of morph's health when he's in agi

also that morph oneshot in rosh was also cuz rosh bashed morphling and hit him 2 more times with natural order on, taking half his health
posting on liquid sites in current year
crunchbite
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia70 Posts
June 09 2014 12:42 GMT
#94
As an Australian who immigrated to American yesterday was the first time I've ever gone "USA! USA! USA!". It was pretty fun and I was proud of EG for taking down 2 Chinese juggernauts!
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 09 2014 16:12 GMT
#95
On June 09 2014 12:12 rabidch wrote:
EG definitely earned the win. I think Fear also had a large part in shaping their strategies.

I would assume so. They showed him on stream a few times in between games taking notes and watching replays when no one else was around, etc.
Administrator
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
June 09 2014 18:30 GMT
#96
On June 10 2014 01:12 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2014 12:12 rabidch wrote:
EG definitely earned the win. I think Fear also had a large part in shaping their strategies.

I would assume so. They showed him on stream a few times in between games taking notes and watching replays when no one else was around, etc.

I think having Fear there is just good for PPD to bounce his ideas off of. As well as Universe. PPD is very creative and bouncing those ideas off of such an experienced player, it lets them really take shape imo.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-15 00:51:37
June 15 2014 00:46 GMT
#97
EG will be pretty disappointed by their performances at Dreamhack I think. When I saw how late the team was getting to Sweden, I expected it would be a pretty rough day 1... I figured if they made it through day 1, they would have pretty good chances but it wasn't meant to be!

Arteezy arrived there the night before the tournament due to his HS exams, and based on their tweets I think both zai and PPD are sick.. travel will do that to you. Hopefully, now they have time to regroup, rest and prepare for the next string of tournaments.

Everybody stays in Europe until early July, so they should all be in good shape for EMS One and will also have plenty of valuable time to bootcamp (which wasn't been the case between The Summit and DH). I think they also have the D2L playoffs in there as well (online).

In his AMA, Mason had mentioned that the team had been really happy with Fear's coaching and expected Fear to follow them to all their LANs. This was later edited to say that they were happy with Fear, but couldn't comment any further. I'm not sure why Fear ended up not going to Dreamhack, but do hope to see him with the team at the next events if he is a positive influence on the team. I'm still waiting on that blog he said he would post about his injury and his decision not to play in those events. Hopefully we learn more about his plans with the team up to TI4.
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 15 2014 00:55 GMT
#98
EG has a great chance in taking ti4, they just need more consistence
我是冠军
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 18 2014 03:28 GMT
#99
Dreamleague … :C BibleThump....
O well guys, honestly losing was probably one of the best things for us. I could tell after the Summit some of our players were feeling a bit too invincible so getting knocked down a peg is OK.
That being said I was incredibly disappointed in the way we played in our games versus Mouz especially during the laning phase which seems to be the only way they win games. Lol...
The game versus Alliance was lost during the draft. They had a great strategy and I was definitely not prepared for Silencer which seems to be our bane as of late. HOPEFULLY this is the last time we are unprepared for this pick. At least I won the ability draft game.. Universe 0-4 Dreamleague noob.
Overall Dreamleague was a great event and the GD Studio did a great job hosting the event and together with Twitch they showed the players a great time. I really wish I hadn't been so jetlagged so I could have enjoyed the event as much as others. I think in the first 4 nights I was here I slept less than 10 hours total and was constantly taking Advil/vitamins & nasal spray. Laying in bed at night trying to sleep and not being able to is pretty tough but to suffer through it when you're sick is just painful. I'm finally over my jetlag and slept 10 hours after having a great time at the Twitch after party.
The Twitch party was much cooler than previous years because it was held at a SECRET PRIVATE location so it didn't close at 2 am and everyone was able to get in and have a good time. I got to meet Demuslim, Jaedong, and Artosis which was pretty cool. I used to be a huge SC2 fan before Heart of the Swarm, looking forward to talking to them at future events!
I might do another prediction blog thingy in here for ESL but for now I'm gonna head out. Thanks for reading and supporting me.
I don't mind people sharing the blog but please remind others to subscribe!

ppd's post-dreamhack thoughts
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
lilopuppy
Profile Joined August 2012
Philippines542 Posts
June 18 2014 03:49 GMT
#100
If EG got over their "jetlag" I could say them going all the way to the finals facing iG.
All the way to TI322!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 233 234 235 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason23
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4096
Liquid`Hasu2130
Other Games
summit1g5946
B2W.Neo580
byalli512
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe149
Railgan17
Chillindude14
Trikslyr9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.