• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:16
CEST 17:16
KST 00:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10245 users

Evil Geniuses Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 233 234 235 Next
shark.
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
593 Posts
May 27 2014 17:36 GMT
#41
Really feel this team has the potential to do very well at TI4!!!!!!!!
Leyra
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1222 Posts
May 27 2014 17:36 GMT
#42
On May 28 2014 01:50 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2014 01:48 Manit0u wrote:
I can't get past people hating on Mason. I pretty much consider him a full member of EG in all respects.

I mean the dude is an enormous flaming douchebag in pub/inhouse dota games lol. You can't argue that.

He's a cool enough guy outside of dota though, I dunno. Played some PoE with him etc.


Honestly, the majority of NA dota players are. They're a product of the awful inhouse league personality that's so prevalent in dota. That shit trickles down to noob players who watch them on stream, too, but it's the worst in those inhouse leagues. Mason's the king of douchery though.
Klok
Profile Joined May 2014
Canada12 Posts
May 27 2014 19:00 GMT
#43
On May 28 2014 02:36 Leyra wrote:
Honestly, the majority of NA dota players are. They're a product of the awful inhouse league personality that's so prevalent in dota. That shit trickles down to noob players who watch them on stream, too, but it's the worst in those inhouse leagues. Mason's the king of douchery though.

Agreeing with Leyra, most NA players just have a habit of flaming in games. I don't have experience in in-house leagues but in MM it seems like that. It's not restricted to DotA, the same goes in LoL and it was the same in HoN (though HoN's community was much more toxic than ours). I think it's just a mindset that most NA players have.
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-27 23:55:02
May 27 2014 23:53 GMT
#44
On May 28 2014 04:00 Klok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2014 02:36 Leyra wrote:
Honestly, the majority of NA dota players are. They're a product of the awful inhouse league personality that's so prevalent in dota. That shit trickles down to noob players who watch them on stream, too, but it's the worst in those inhouse leagues. Mason's the king of douchery though.

Agreeing with Leyra, most NA players just have a habit of flaming in games. I don't have experience in in-house leagues but in MM it seems like that. It's not restricted to DotA, the same goes in LoL and it was the same in HoN (though HoN's community was much more toxic than ours). I think it's just a mindset that most NA players have.


Its only a problem if you make it a problem. Most of us just dont let it bother us. How many times have you seen people in IHL get legit mad? The answer is not that often and most of the time it just makes them try harder to win which fosters greater competition. Sure, people are going to get butt hurt but it rarely becomes so bad that they just quit playing. Obviously this is from a league perspective. Im sure that this mentality bleeding into RMM is gross because people dont understand that its all in good fun.
High Risk Low Reward
majkenofdoom
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden289 Posts
May 28 2014 11:39 GMT
#45
Never though about it but the age range in the team but it almost 10 years, two very young player arteezy and zai compared to fear and universe how does the social thing workout? Shit, i would never hangout with my 16 year old me without thinking what dumb fucking teenager. Well, we will see how that works out if they have some failures.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
May 28 2014 12:04 GMT
#46
On May 28 2014 02:36 Leyra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2014 01:50 Sn0_Man wrote:
On May 28 2014 01:48 Manit0u wrote:
I can't get past people hating on Mason. I pretty much consider him a full member of EG in all respects.

I mean the dude is an enormous flaming douchebag in pub/inhouse dota games lol. You can't argue that.

He's a cool enough guy outside of dota though, I dunno. Played some PoE with him etc.


Honestly, the majority of NA dota players are. They're a product of the awful inhouse league personality that's so prevalent in dota. That shit trickles down to noob players who watch them on stream, too, but it's the worst in those inhouse leagues. Mason's the king of douchery though.


I couldn't care less about his personality as long as he meshes with the team well and produces results.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-02 06:35:17
June 02 2014 06:13 GMT
#47
Hey subs, quick update! Our boot-camp in Germany was canceled so we are staying in Stockholm for those 7 days instead. I've been to Stockholm a couple times now and had a great time so I am excited about that. It may be possible to set up some sort of meet & greet if any of you are from the area, I'll check our schedule and talk to the other guys and see if we can make something happen.

Anyways, tomorrow I am waking up earlier than I usually do in order to catch the first leg of my summer trip to LA for The Summit. The tournament is made up of 6 teams and is apparently going to have a round robin group stage followed by your standard double elimination style tournament. Thought it might be interesting to give you my perspective for this tournament and my honest expectations for not only my team but for the others as well.

Disclaimer: These are biased opinions and not all of my opinions can be backed up legitimate facts. Totally subjective so CHILL OUT!

1-2. DK/EG – This should have been the finals at Starladder and I expect this to be the final here as well. Apparently its an even bo5 so hopefully we'll get to prove ourselves in a straight up series against the best team in the world.

3-4. Fnatic/VG – Chinas in great shape I believe but VG makes a lot of silly mistakes which is very “un-Chinese” of them and will probably cost them a spot in the finals. Fnatic on the other hand is notoriously one of the most inconsistent teams but they seem to always perform “pretty well” on LANs. Their experience and unique play-style will guide them most likely to a 3rd place finish but they could throw with some silly drafts and drop down to 4th.

5-6. Navi/NAR – Honestly we might see Fnatic down here if they are in really bad shape, it really depends who shows up on the given day. Regardless I think these are the two weakest teams in the tournament. NAR shows signs of promise approaching TI4 yet they are still a new team and their drafts seem a bit predictable. Maybe they are just saving some stuff for LAN. Much to some of your disappoint Navi seems to be struggling. They placed poorly at Starladder, failed to qualifiy for Dreamleague, and the only tournaments they are playing this summer are those they were invited to directly. Even though I'm one of the biggest Navi fanboys out there I'm really worried about this team and their motivation. All things aside they are still Navi and a top 2 finish is never something to rule out.

Tons of you have asked me my thoughts about this summer so I will try and give you a short breakdown before each tournament. Might be written through the blog or posted on the Youtube channel so stay tuned!

I don't mind if you share the blog with friends, more the merrier, just remind them to subscribe when they can! Thanks for reading!


ppd blog post
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 02 2014 07:40 GMT
#48
I really believe EG will vs DK in the summit and ti4 finals
我是冠军
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44304 Posts
June 02 2014 08:52 GMT
#49
Fear ain't playing again
this is a quote
suicideyear
Profile Joined December 2012
Ivory Coast3016 Posts
June 02 2014 22:16 GMT
#50
mason da god steps up to the plate
)))____◎◎◎◎█████
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
June 03 2014 04:08 GMT
#51
On June 02 2014 15:13 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
Hey subs, quick update! Our boot-camp in Germany was canceled so we are staying in Stockholm for those 7 days instead. I've been to Stockholm a couple times now and had a great time so I am excited about that. It may be possible to set up some sort of meet & greet if any of you are from the area, I'll check our schedule and talk to the other guys and see if we can make something happen.

Anyways, tomorrow I am waking up earlier than I usually do in order to catch the first leg of my summer trip to LA for The Summit. The tournament is made up of 6 teams and is apparently going to have a round robin group stage followed by your standard double elimination style tournament. Thought it might be interesting to give you my perspective for this tournament and my honest expectations for not only my team but for the others as well.

Disclaimer: These are biased opinions and not all of my opinions can be backed up legitimate facts. Totally subjective so CHILL OUT!

1-2. DK/EG – This should have been the finals at Starladder and I expect this to be the final here as well. Apparently its an even bo5 so hopefully we'll get to prove ourselves in a straight up series against the best team in the world.

3-4. Fnatic/VG – Chinas in great shape I believe but VG makes a lot of silly mistakes which is very “un-Chinese” of them and will probably cost them a spot in the finals. Fnatic on the other hand is notoriously one of the most inconsistent teams but they seem to always perform “pretty well” on LANs. Their experience and unique play-style will guide them most likely to a 3rd place finish but they could throw with some silly drafts and drop down to 4th.

5-6. Navi/NAR – Honestly we might see Fnatic down here if they are in really bad shape, it really depends who shows up on the given day. Regardless I think these are the two weakest teams in the tournament. NAR shows signs of promise approaching TI4 yet they are still a new team and their drafts seem a bit predictable. Maybe they are just saving some stuff for LAN. Much to some of your disappoint Navi seems to be struggling. They placed poorly at Starladder, failed to qualifiy for Dreamleague, and the only tournaments they are playing this summer are those they were invited to directly. Even though I'm one of the biggest Navi fanboys out there I'm really worried about this team and their motivation. All things aside they are still Navi and a top 2 finish is never something to rule out.

Tons of you have asked me my thoughts about this summer so I will try and give you a short breakdown before each tournament. Might be written through the blog or posted on the Youtube channel so stay tuned!

I don't mind if you share the blog with friends, more the merrier, just remind them to subscribe when they can! Thanks for reading!


ppd blog post

Is PPD ok with this being posted? He does this as a perk of his twitch subscription. Not sure he would be cool with this
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
June 03 2014 05:24 GMT
#52
do it for your old man boys
High Risk Low Reward
AwfuL_
Profile Joined January 2013
Netherlands6976 Posts
June 03 2014 08:08 GMT
#53
On June 03 2014 13:08 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2014 15:13 opterown wrote:
Hey subs, quick update! Our boot-camp in Germany was canceled so we are staying in Stockholm for those 7 days instead. I've been to Stockholm a couple times now and had a great time so I am excited about that. It may be possible to set up some sort of meet & greet if any of you are from the area, I'll check our schedule and talk to the other guys and see if we can make something happen.

Anyways, tomorrow I am waking up earlier than I usually do in order to catch the first leg of my summer trip to LA for The Summit. The tournament is made up of 6 teams and is apparently going to have a round robin group stage followed by your standard double elimination style tournament. Thought it might be interesting to give you my perspective for this tournament and my honest expectations for not only my team but for the others as well.

Disclaimer: These are biased opinions and not all of my opinions can be backed up legitimate facts. Totally subjective so CHILL OUT!

1-2. DK/EG – This should have been the finals at Starladder and I expect this to be the final here as well. Apparently its an even bo5 so hopefully we'll get to prove ourselves in a straight up series against the best team in the world.

3-4. Fnatic/VG – Chinas in great shape I believe but VG makes a lot of silly mistakes which is very “un-Chinese” of them and will probably cost them a spot in the finals. Fnatic on the other hand is notoriously one of the most inconsistent teams but they seem to always perform “pretty well” on LANs. Their experience and unique play-style will guide them most likely to a 3rd place finish but they could throw with some silly drafts and drop down to 4th.

5-6. Navi/NAR – Honestly we might see Fnatic down here if they are in really bad shape, it really depends who shows up on the given day. Regardless I think these are the two weakest teams in the tournament. NAR shows signs of promise approaching TI4 yet they are still a new team and their drafts seem a bit predictable. Maybe they are just saving some stuff for LAN. Much to some of your disappoint Navi seems to be struggling. They placed poorly at Starladder, failed to qualifiy for Dreamleague, and the only tournaments they are playing this summer are those they were invited to directly. Even though I'm one of the biggest Navi fanboys out there I'm really worried about this team and their motivation. All things aside they are still Navi and a top 2 finish is never something to rule out.

Tons of you have asked me my thoughts about this summer so I will try and give you a short breakdown before each tournament. Might be written through the blog or posted on the Youtube channel so stay tuned!

I don't mind if you share the blog with friends, more the merrier, just remind them to subscribe when they can! Thanks for reading!


ppd blog post

Is PPD ok with this being posted? He does this as a perk of his twitch subscription. Not sure he would be cool with this


The dude who posted in on Reddit said PPD hinted at being okay with it.

Besides, this is the internet, he can't expect to write something like that and not expect it to reach the surface
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
June 03 2014 12:52 GMT
#54
Why is fear streaming if he is still injured? I dont get it, I want to see him back in EG so bad!
Liquid through and through
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 03 2014 16:14 GMT
#55
He only streamed for a couple of days. I think he was planning on coming back for "The Summit" and was given the go ahead from the Doctor to start playing again. Then he obviously re-injured it or aggravated it.
Administrator
TeamVisionDota
Profile Joined June 2014
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-03 19:57:01
June 03 2014 19:56 GMT
#56
Fear you will be missed - and now I have to change my Compendium picks! Or if you picked Fear will it auto replace with his replacement?
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 04 2014 18:03 GMT
#57
On May 28 2014 02:36 shark. wrote:
Really feel this team has the potential to do very well at TI4!!!!!!!!


I believe if its not DK taking the Aegis, it will be EG, They seem to be the #1 NA atm and I really cant wait to see what the team has to offer.
我是冠军
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
June 05 2014 05:56 GMT
#58
I'm a bit worried that the expectations towards EG are so high that they will under perform.
It feels like we haven't seen them play in weeks (other than that loss against PR of all teams...)
Let's hope they are in good shape! If they do well at the Summit, then I think we can all jump on the EG TI4 hype train
Lots of big LAN tournaments in the coming weeks for EG...
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-05 08:22:13
June 05 2014 08:19 GMT
#59
On June 05 2014 14:56 Thrax wrote:
I'm a bit worried that the expectations towards EG are so high that they will under perform.
It feels like we haven't seen them play in weeks (other than that loss against PR of all teams...)
Let's hope they are in good shape! If they do well at the Summit, then I think we can all jump on the EG TI4 hype train
Lots of big LAN tournaments in the coming weeks for EG...
yeah i think eg is quite good but tbh the parity in doto is really close so i can see eg only getting 3/4 at the summit especially if navi does better than ppd expected them to.
braincandy
Profile Joined February 2013
Philippines179 Posts
June 05 2014 11:10 GMT
#60
the only worry of me about EG is Mason not used to LAN. hopefully it wont affect him much. Fear coaching can be a good thing for them too
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 233 234 235 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 43
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1014
Mini 964
Soma 808
actioN 466
Rush 399
Light 343
Horang2 297
Stork 277
Larva 271
BeSt 264
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 237
Snow 230
hero 221
Killer 114
Barracks 106
firebathero 105
Aegong 98
Zeus 82
Shine 78
Dewaltoss 75
JYJ 45
soO 39
Sexy 38
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 26
Rock 19
zelot 19
Trap 15
Sacsri 12
sorry 12
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7433
qojqva1774
Dendi708
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
Fnx 793
fl0m327
x6flipin260
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4962
Khaldor597
Other Games
gofns46850
singsing1585
B2W.Neo886
byalli502
Lowko364
Mlord254
DeMusliM211
Livibee189
KnowMe171
Liquid`VortiX165
ArmadaUGS96
Trikslyr32
Chillindude16
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV228
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH147
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV391
League of Legends
• Nemesis2229
• Jankos1484
• TFBlade571
Other Games
• Shiphtur75
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 44m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 44m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.