• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10334 users

Evil Geniuses Discussion - Page 146

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 235 Next
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 01 2017 17:41 GMT
#2901
On September 02 2017 02:40 calippo wrote:
typical NA retirement LMAO

i know ur joking, but i can't think of a non-chinese player to try this recently
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 01 2017 17:41 GMT
#2902
Oh damn it's happening!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 01 2017 17:42 GMT
#2903
The video was pretty awesome haha, hoping for good results from EG this season
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
ChickenDieAlive
Profile Joined September 2015
699 Posts
September 01 2017 17:56 GMT
#2904
My Idol is back!!!
JGwinworth
Profile Joined April 2017
45 Posts
September 04 2017 20:27 GMT
#2905
Anyone know if Fears Discord AMA was recorded for viewing?
Atoissen
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway1737 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-05 10:58:45
September 05 2017 10:57 GMT
#2906
For those who dont read reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/6y1ecw/cr1ts_thoughts_on_eg_captaining_and_zai/

On Cr1t-'s stream 2 days ago he took a moment to answer some viewer questions regarding his time as captain on EG and his role going forward as well as his thoughts on the return of Fear and the departure of Zai. At the end he said he hoped someone would clip it so he wouldn't have to repeat himself, but it seems no one did that. So I typed up the transcript of that portion of the stream and have included the time-stamped link to the VoD as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171678553?t=3h22m10s

I mean obviously it's a great relief for me that I don't have to draft anymore. I will still be helping Fear, but it's going to be more like what I did on OG where I'm going to be helping the captain instead of being it myself. I think Fear has some qualities that I don't have so that will make it a lot easier for him. It's easier for him to go through with what he thinks and even if someone suggests something he can ignore it. I think it definitely fits him better and I will be a lot more confident because I will be playing 4 again and I'm also not going to be drafting. So I'm going to be focusing on my own play and obviously it's going to help me out and hopefully I can reach the form I had before I joined this team.

Captaining is something that is exciting in it's own way but I might have done it too early in my career. We had some decent tournaments, but it wasn't very consisent. I think that's the main thing you want from your captain is that it has to be consistent. Otherwise what's going to happen is what happened this past year where we didn't really hit our timings tournament wise. We had some good runs in tournaments, but those weren't majors and at TI we weren't on the patch like the other teams. It's unfortunate, but a big part of it is me not being consistent as a captain. Maybe in the future I will do it again, but it was also very specific to this team. It was something I felt I could do because I had great players around me. There are some things that I should have thought about at TI, even before it, that at TI it has to be different. But it didn't happen, it's too bad, but we learned a lot from it. And we'll just move on and hopefully we can do it next year.

I think when I joined this team I had a different idea about Zai as a player than he turned out to be. I feel like we tried to change Zai as a player too much and I tried to make him the 4 player that I am and I don't think it's doable. It's the mentality thing. There are some position 4 players that are leaning more towards being a position 3 more and there are some position 4 players that lean towards being a position 5 more. And those supports that lean towards being a 5; there are not a lot of those players right now. And I tried to make Zai one of them and I don't think that was a smart decision from anyone who was in the making of that team. We should have realized that this is just not going to happen. Obviously, I should have realized for myself that I couldn't be that hard 5 player. I don't think I would ever enjoy it. I don't think it's very fun. I tried to make it work and I enjoyed it when we were winning, but when we were losing it was not really enjoyable. And in my pubs I didn't really like it.
“Strength lies not in defense but in attack.”
Atoissen
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway1737 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-05 10:58:34
September 05 2017 10:58 GMT
#2907
Double post QQ
“Strength lies not in defense but in attack.”
joe_ringmaster
Profile Joined April 2016
Austria44 Posts
September 05 2017 13:30 GMT
#2908
Thanks @Atoissen for putting this online here.
Gaial
Profile Joined May 2014
United States313 Posts
September 05 2017 21:26 GMT
#2909
No relation between EG and PPD's new team?
sCuMBaG
Profile Joined August 2006
United Kingdom1144 Posts
September 06 2017 15:19 GMT
#2910
On September 06 2017 06:26 Gaial wrote:
No relation between EG and PPD's new team?


Not yet... who knows what will happen in the future though

I see them being picked up by another team rather than EG though.
bluzi
Profile Joined May 2011
4703 Posts
September 07 2017 12:59 GMT
#2911
The GOAT is BACK , finally i can root of EG again , they have 3 of my fav players (Fear is actually top of all time fav players) and 2 of my least .....
its_a_me
Profile Joined June 2016
Austria612 Posts
September 08 2017 10:17 GMT
#2912
Crit and Fear but who is the third?
hunter_x
Profile Joined June 2014
Germany2762 Posts
September 08 2017 11:48 GMT
#2913
On September 08 2017 19:17 its_a_me wrote:
Crit and Fear but who is the third?

Universe i guess?
Atoissen
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway1737 Posts
September 16 2017 12:58 GMT
#2914
Getting excited to see the boys play again... The break is too long imo :D
Any info on how they are doing in scrimms or something?
“Strength lies not in defense but in attack.”
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
September 17 2017 14:48 GMT
#2915
On September 16 2017 21:58 Atoissen wrote:
Getting excited to see the boys play again... The break is too long imo :D
Any info on how they are doing in scrimms or something?

Any word on what/when their first event will be?
Gaial
Profile Joined May 2014
United States313 Posts
September 17 2017 19:56 GMT
#2916
On September 17 2017 23:48 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2017 21:58 Atoissen wrote:
Getting excited to see the boys play again... The break is too long imo :D
Any info on how they are doing in scrimms or something?

Any word on what/when their first event will be?


Starladder. They play in 2 days!
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/StarLadder/i-League_Invitational/3/North_America
JGwinworth
Profile Joined April 2017
45 Posts
September 20 2017 16:32 GMT
#2917
OK are they not playing today now? Whats the story?
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
September 20 2017 16:40 GMT
#2918
On September 21 2017 01:32 JGwinworth wrote:
OK are they not playing today now? Whats the story?

Yeah I'm not sure, it was listed on the calendar yesterday, but today it is gone.
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-20 17:25:24
September 20 2017 17:24 GMT
#2919


if this is accurate they'll be playing today

Apparently there was a bit of confusion about it and that's probably why it was removed from the calendar until we could figure things out.
LiquidDota Staff
Gaial
Profile Joined May 2014
United States313 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-20 23:42:10
September 20 2017 23:41 GMT
#2920
They just finished the first series.
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 235 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
JulyZerg 13
Free 13
sorry 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
qojqva1149
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS109
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 27m
Stellar Fest
1h 27m
OSC
12h 27m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.