• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9407 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9405

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9403 9404 9405 9406 9407 10602 Next
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 22 2018 17:26 GMT
#188081
On March 23 2018 02:06 teddyoojo wrote:
parks and rec isnt really a mockumentary after the first season which is only like 6 episodes anyway

That series is boarderline perfect after the first season. It endears itself to me with its human relationship over political views.


      Side note: Can folks recommend a reasonable tablet for media viewing only? Mostly video and reading. Not much       web browsing. Trade back book size(8-10 inches) with a low price. Nothing fancy.

      Also: Is the android market place complete shit for buying magazines/comics? I don’t want to buy aps for each       publication I want.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
harodihg
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Japan1344 Posts
March 22 2018 17:29 GMT
#188082
Maybe I did a poor job of explaining my thoughts (I'm on mobile) but my point was that I don't think that there's too much of an intrinsic tie between people liking evil characters so much as people like characters that are attractive, cool, and badass. It's like story writers/directors realize that they need their protagonist (even an anti-hero) to have those qualities to make people like them and thus by giving them those qualities they almost normalize their evil and make people empathize and look up to them.

Agh's ult sniper: Sniper locks eyes with target unit, immobilizing them in horror as he turns the gun on himself. Channeled, lasts 5 seconds.
harodihg
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Japan1344 Posts
March 22 2018 17:32 GMT
#188083
Ugly = bad
Attractive = good

http://reflectd.co/2013/09/18/feeling-empathy-you-may-empathize-more-with-attractive-others/

Quick cursory search, didn't read it - but this probably says something related to what I'm talking about
Agh's ult sniper: Sniper locks eyes with target unit, immobilizing them in horror as he turns the gun on himself. Channeled, lasts 5 seconds.
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 22 2018 17:35 GMT
#188084
Pancakes are the best
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 22 2018 17:35 GMT
#188085
On March 23 2018 02:35 Slomo wrote:
Pancakes are the best

I'd like to make the fluffy Japanese pancakes one day.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 22 2018 17:38 GMT
#188086
New Monster in Monther Hunter. I need to get in there and OK that devil pickle(seriously, the thing is weird looking)
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 22 2018 17:44 GMT
#188087
I hope all the content comes out for PC when it gets released without staggering the release.
kiss kiss fall in love
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 22 2018 17:45 GMT
#188088
On March 23 2018 02:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2018 02:35 Slomo wrote:
Pancakes are the best

I'd like to make the fluffy Japanese pancakes one day.

I'll never understand how my mom does them. They are really thin like crêpes but even softer than those thick fluffy ones.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 22 2018 17:52 GMT
#188089
On March 23 2018 02:45 Slomo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2018 02:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On March 23 2018 02:35 Slomo wrote:
Pancakes are the best

I'd like to make the fluffy Japanese pancakes one day.

I'll never understand how my mom does them. They are really thin like crêpes but even softer than those thick fluffy ones.

I would guess she mixes in the beaten egg whites with the batter and distributes it equally around the pan. Kind of like a soufflé except flat.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 22 2018 17:54 GMT
#188090
I don't like how my colleagues, and course instructor all tell me I'm the harsh TA, when the part of the class I mark has consistently better marks than the other one.

Feels bad.
kiss kiss fall in love
harodihg
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Japan1344 Posts
March 22 2018 18:04 GMT
#188091
Maybe they don't mean marks or grades but just how you treat people or grant criticisms?

Like if you give a student a 90 and a remark that reads "work on formatting" that almost seems worse than receiving an 80 and a remark that says "great work! Just try and clean up the formatting some "
Agh's ult sniper: Sniper locks eyes with target unit, immobilizing them in horror as he turns the gun on himself. Channeled, lasts 5 seconds.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-22 18:10:49
March 22 2018 18:06 GMT
#188092
No, I don't tend to say anything to my students like that - it's the sort of course where my evaluations/opinions on their work isn't too relevant, because there's a right answer at the end of the day. I don't mark essays, I mark analytic quizzes. It might just be my attitude (between staff, I never talk like this to students - I encourage them to do better without snarky comments) that I'm just more comfortable giving lower marks overall than the other guy.


strong edit: I have made points like "please stop writing in ink" but that wasn't because of the quality of the student's work, it was because reading was really hard. T_T
kiss kiss fall in love
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 22 2018 18:06 GMT
#188093
On March 23 2018 02:52 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2018 02:45 Slomo wrote:
On March 23 2018 02:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On March 23 2018 02:35 Slomo wrote:
Pancakes are the best

I'd like to make the fluffy Japanese pancakes one day.

I'll never understand how my mom does them. They are really thin like crêpes but even softer than those thick fluffy ones.

I would guess she mixes in the beaten egg whites with the batter and distributes it equally around the pan. Kind of like a soufflé except flat.

Its just eggs, milk, flour, a little salt and a little sugar. Mixing it the same way as I do. Maybe the secret is in the pan or heat or something.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-22 18:31:16
March 22 2018 18:30 GMT
#188094
Low heat is the secret pancake tip and not mixing the ingredients too much. You want some clumps of flour.
High Risk Low Reward
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-22 18:48:46
March 22 2018 18:42 GMT
#188095
On March 23 2018 02:29 harodihg wrote:
Maybe I did a poor job of explaining my thoughts (I'm on mobile) but my point was that I don't think that there's too much of an intrinsic tie between people liking evil characters so much as people like characters that are attractive, cool, and badass. It's like story writers/directors realize that they need their protagonist (even an anti-hero) to have those qualities to make people like them and thus by giving them those qualities they almost normalize their evil and make people empathize and look up to them.



Like Jesus, the attractive white dude!

Wait no hes not typically described as evil.
harodihg
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Japan1344 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-22 19:09:39
March 22 2018 19:07 GMT
#188096
Jesus was Asian.

Edit: are you trying to bait me into getting banned again? I don't want to get banned again. Stay away from me you CREEP! I know what you're doing. Don't think I'm dumb and not into your schemes. You can't fool me.

Edit 2: I've read my commandments thrice over. Thou shalt not shitpost. Thou shalt not shitpost. Lord save me from this hellscape.
Agh's ult sniper: Sniper locks eyes with target unit, immobilizing them in horror as he turns the gun on himself. Channeled, lasts 5 seconds.
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-22 21:06:05
March 22 2018 20:51 GMT
#188097
On March 23 2018 00:59 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Wasn't Fight Club mostly about the fear of what can happen when people reject materialism and consumerism but have nothing to replace that but some kind of need for fascism and anarchy to fill the need for revenge and control. Caused by the lack of values and direction since the West realized God's kicked the bucket. To me it's like a reminder that while the Age of Enlightenment leading to atheism and to capitalism has done all the good in this world we are lacking on the reason to live department.

So the emasculation is an allegory for all that. Dude loses his balls, the bitch has control of his masculinity with all the dildos and shit and the dude with all the misantrophic shit. But they are all three the same person so if one dies they all die.

Sounds even more relevant today, although that's true for just about all dystopian fiction, maybe I should watch it again. It's been like 15 years so I could be wrong lul.


e. ofc I haven't read the book so I wouldn't know what it's really about

I think this is the best analysis of fight club + Show Spoiler +


plan six again whiffing on the points of the movie XD + Show Spoiler +
jk <3 art is always about our personal interpretations but I think there's better readings that have more to say than what you have
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
March 22 2018 20:58 GMT
#188098
I lost two games today to Voids building naked battlefury first. That's enough dota for a day or two haha
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-22 21:13:12
March 22 2018 21:11 GMT
#188099
I was shocked when Spacey threw Zoe in front of the underground. Being presented as the main character, I assumed him to be the good one.
Boy was I wrong.

On March 23 2018 04:07 harodihg wrote:
Jesus was Asian.

Edit: are you trying to bait me into getting banned again? I don't want to get banned again. Stay away from me you CREEP! I know what you're doing. Don't think I'm dumb and not into your schemes. You can't fool me.

Edit 2: I've read my commandments thrice over. Thou shalt not shitpost. Thou shalt not shitpost. Lord save me from this hellscape.

you should make a 2nd dota account that functions as an outlet to your shitposting desires!
revolving around triggering everyone in LP
passive quaranstream fan
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 22 2018 21:11 GMT
#188100
On March 23 2018 05:51 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2018 00:59 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Wasn't Fight Club mostly about the fear of what can happen when people reject materialism and consumerism but have nothing to replace that but some kind of need for fascism and anarchy to fill the need for revenge and control. Caused by the lack of values and direction since the West realized God's kicked the bucket. To me it's like a reminder that while the Age of Enlightenment leading to atheism and to capitalism has done all the good in this world we are lacking on the reason to live department.

So the emasculation is an allegory for all that. Dude loses his balls, the bitch has control of his masculinity with all the dildos and shit and the dude with all the misantrophic shit. But they are all three the same person so if one dies they all die.

Sounds even more relevant today, although that's true for just about all dystopian fiction, maybe I should watch it again. It's been like 15 years so I could be wrong lul.


e. ofc I haven't read the book so I wouldn't know what it's really about

I think this is the best analysis of fight club + Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td88z08a_4c


plan six again whiffing on the points of the movie XD + Show Spoiler +
jk <3 art is always about our personal interpretations but I think there's better readings that have more to say than what you have

I am speed drafting these discussion points between pleadings and really stupid phone calls.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 9403 9404 9405 9406 9407 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 897
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC451
TaKeTV 322
Rex123
IndyStarCraft 101
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 451
ProTech134
Rex 123
IndyStarCraft 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47049
Bisu 2879
Horang2 1394
EffOrt 771
Soma 600
BeSt 585
Hyuk 584
Light 420
Mini 401
Larva 331
[ Show more ]
Rush 222
ZerO 211
Mong 85
Leta 80
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 54
Snow 52
ToSsGirL 46
Mind 36
Aegong 36
910 36
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Yoon 27
Terrorterran 24
Bale 23
Trap 15
Rock 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6783
qojqva50
Counter-Strike
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1609
Khaldor1065
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2038
olofmeister1722
hiko1333
Beastyqt573
B2W.Neo387
Livibee195
Hui .190
XaKoH 159
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS122
djWHEAT73
Mew2King70
KnowMe60
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3129
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 45m
Online Event
20h 45m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.