|
On March 23 2018 09:16 Fleetfeet wrote: Idk man anyone nuking anyone seems like a cause for worry. John Bolton disagrees and would like to explain his plan to win a nuke fight with China in real time.
Its cool if no one wants to be allies with us any more, no hard feelings.
|
idk mby if its just russia or mby only russian dota players im sure we all could turn a blind eye
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Just spent like 10 hours playing Magic Arena. Game is solid, I like it a lot. It's kind of like a mix between playing Standard and Sealed, because you have a limited amount of cards at the start. I imagine in time it's gonna shift more towards being like actual Standard as people's collections get bigger. It's interesting. It's also all just bo1, no sideboarding. I can't wait for when they add draft into the game. That's gonna be a real game changer. This game will definitely keep me busy until Artifact arrives.
edit: not sure about the economy. But you get a bunch of free stuff pretty often. 3 packs a week, a quest that seems to give you around 300 gold a day (a pack costs 1000) and a card for every win and some more gold for the first couple of wins. Seems like on average you get maybe 2 packs worth of cards a day. Half a pack from gold, half a pack from the weekly bonus and one pack worth of cards from the per win rewards. That seems ok to me, I dunno. You're not gonna be able to make any deck you want like on magic online where you just buy the cards. It's a different experience.
|
You have to win the games for quests to get the rewards though, right? Or is it like HS where you just play a certain amount of cards?
|
techies has become a SERIOUS pub cancer can they finally kill that piece of garbage
|
On March 23 2018 11:25 cecek wrote: Just spent like 10 hours playing Magic Arena. Game is solid, I like it a lot. It's kind of like a mix between playing Standard and Sealed, because you have a limited amount of cards at the start. I imagine in time it's gonna shift more towards being like actual Standard as people's collections get bigger. It's interesting. It's also all just bo1, no sideboarding. I can't wait for when they add draft into the game. That's gonna be a real game changer. This game will definitely keep me busy until Artifact arrives.
edit: not sure about the economy. But you get a bunch of free stuff pretty often. 3 packs a week, a quest that seems to give you around 300 gold a day (a pack costs 1000) and a card for every win and some more gold for the first couple of wins. Seems like on average you get maybe 2 packs worth of cards a day. Half a pack from gold, half a pack from the weekly bonus and one pack worth of cards from the per win rewards. That seems ok to me, I dunno. You're not gonna be able to make any deck you want like on magic online where you just buy the cards. It's a different experience.
I'm so not interested in yet another weekly grind game. If I could just port my actual magic collection to digital or had some other easy way to just play magic (without running into the HS problem where it feels like I can't compete because I haven't been grinding dailies for long enough) then I'd be all over that.
But honestly I have actual cards and live with someone who plays so its gg.
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On March 23 2018 14:18 Fleetfeet wrote:Show nested quote +On March 23 2018 11:25 cecek wrote: Just spent like 10 hours playing Magic Arena. Game is solid, I like it a lot. It's kind of like a mix between playing Standard and Sealed, because you have a limited amount of cards at the start. I imagine in time it's gonna shift more towards being like actual Standard as people's collections get bigger. It's interesting. It's also all just bo1, no sideboarding. I can't wait for when they add draft into the game. That's gonna be a real game changer. This game will definitely keep me busy until Artifact arrives.
edit: not sure about the economy. But you get a bunch of free stuff pretty often. 3 packs a week, a quest that seems to give you around 300 gold a day (a pack costs 1000) and a card for every win and some more gold for the first couple of wins. Seems like on average you get maybe 2 packs worth of cards a day. Half a pack from gold, half a pack from the weekly bonus and one pack worth of cards from the per win rewards. That seems ok to me, I dunno. You're not gonna be able to make any deck you want like on magic online where you just buy the cards. It's a different experience. I'm so not interested in yet another weekly grind game. If I could just port my actual magic collection to digital or had some other easy way to just play magic (without running into the HS problem where it feels like I can't compete because I haven't been grinding dailies for long enough) then I'd be all over that. But honestly I have actual cards and live with someone who plays so its gg. Well, you can just play Magic Online. There's no quests, no grind. It's like regular paper magic, you just buy cards, buy packs, buy into tournaments. The downside obviously is that it's very expensive and that it looks and controls like accounting software from the 90s.
On March 23 2018 11:35 intotheheart wrote: You have to win the games for quests to get the rewards though, right? Or is it like HS where you just play a certain amount of cards? It's like Hearthstone. There's quests that are 'win X games with YZ deck', but there are also 'play X amount of Y spells' quests. These are the only ones I've seen so far, not sure if there are different ones as well.
|
It's wotc so it's going to be a disaster, think reverse Blizzard where the core game is good but everything else is shit.
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On March 23 2018 23:52 HwangjaeTerran wrote: It's wotc so it's going to be a disaster, think reverse Blizzard where the core game is good but everything else is shit. Great analogy, actually. WotC have great game designers, they have great artists (although they're not a part of the company) and everything else is garbage. Although, I think they do organized play pretty well. The Grand Prix and Pro Tour circuit is great.
|
at first my brain was confused about john bolton and i thought we were going to drift away with the beat boys
at this point i'm wondering what the independents that voted for trump are thinking
|
On March 24 2018 01:16 andyrau wrote: at first my brain was confused about john bolton and i thought we were going to drift away with the beat boys
at this point i'm wondering what the independents that voted for trump are thinking If only someone had warned them this would happen.
Edit: the new overwatch hero is good, but I'm kinda bad with her. Also her healing is on a really long cooldown.
|
Any TI Ticket buyers?
They go up in like 5 mins
|
Next year maybe, one of my friends backed out for this year
gl hf for those who are going
|
On March 23 2018 11:47 teddyoojo wrote: techies has become a SERIOUS pub cancer can they finally kill that piece of garbage u played that guy whos like lvl 5 with techies laready?
|
I didn't even go to katowice, vancouver is way too far away. besides, I have no friends who would be willing to go with me and I wouldn't go alone
|
hey! it's me, your friend
|
On March 24 2018 02:24 Faruko wrote: hey! it's me, your friend i'll be ur friend if u got finals tickets 
only got midweeks gg i hate ticketmaster
|
On March 24 2018 02:25 Sn0_Man wrote:i'll be ur friend if u got finals tickets  only got midweeks gg i hate ticketmaster I have an extra finals if you are interested
|
On March 24 2018 02:24 Faruko wrote: hey! it's me, your friend no, you can't have a photo of my roommate
|
On March 24 2018 02:26 Thetwinmasters wrote:Show nested quote +On March 24 2018 02:25 Sn0_Man wrote:On March 24 2018 02:24 Faruko wrote: hey! it's me, your friend i'll be ur friend if u got finals tickets  only got midweeks gg i hate ticketmaster I have an extra finals if you are interested i currently need 2 so i'll try to buy tonight during the 2nd release. Often it's easier to get tickets on the 2nd release since some decent portion of attendees won't be hammering the servers but we'll see. If not, I'll PM you I guess
On March 24 2018 02:33 PoulsenB wrote:no, you can't have a photo of my roommate he wanted to be ur roommate tho
|
|
|
|
|
|