• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9289 users

General Discussion - Page 4411

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Churrass
Profile Joined October 2013
573 Posts
November 26 2013 02:43 GMT
#88201
On November 26 2013 10:40 Hagen0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 09:54 icystorage wrote:
On November 26 2013 09:39 Hagen0 wrote:
What is the reason for Midas giving reliable Gold anyway? It seems counterintuivive.

how come?


Typically reliable gold is gained by killing heros and objectives. Unreliable gold is gaind by farming except when you use midas to kill the creep.


Guess what nerf midas will receive in 6.79b or 6.80
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 26 2013 03:02 GMT
#88202
It was just amazing foresight from IceFrog. When he created reliable gold, he made the mechanic mostly used by carries, farming, unrealible, while making the mechanics that give gold to the whole team, killing heroes and objective, reliable, in an attempt at diminishing how much supports starved from gold if they were picked off. Midas, being a support item, clearly fits the reliable gold criteria.
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
November 26 2013 05:10 GMT
#88203
On November 26 2013 12:02 SKC wrote:
It was just amazing foresight from IceFrog. When he created reliable gold, he made the mechanic mostly used by carries, farming, unrealible, while making the mechanics that give gold to the whole team, killing heroes and objective, reliable, in an attempt at diminishing how much supports starved from gold if they were picked off. Midas, being a support item, clearly fits the reliable gold criteria.

If midas was a support item when reliable gold was introduced, then I think this made sense. Maybe if the midas cannot be sold or dropped? Then we're on.
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
November 26 2013 09:37 GMT
#88204
you ever try to win so hard that your stomach starts to ache but then you see your void has 100 cs when its 65 minutes in
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
November 26 2013 09:48 GMT
#88205
On November 26 2013 12:02 SKC wrote:
It was just amazing foresight from IceFrog. When he created reliable gold, he made the mechanic mostly used by carries, farming, unrealible, while making the mechanics that give gold to the whole team, killing heroes and objective, reliable, in an attempt at diminishing how much supports starved from gold if they were picked off. Midas, being a support item, clearly fits the reliable gold criteria.

LMAO

On November 26 2013 18:37 FinestHour wrote:
you ever try to win so hard that your stomach starts to ache but then you see your void has 100 cs when its 65 minutes in


AFK farming Furion with an Orchid and basic boots at the 50 minute mark is worse. Bonus points if you get this conversation:
"How come you went Orchid? Sheep would have been much better this game."
"What is Sheep?"

Never play with low MMR friends.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 26 2013 10:12 GMT
#88206
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
November 26 2013 10:12 GMT
#88207
yeah pretty done playing with friends done with this game
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
November 26 2013 10:32 GMT
#88208
On November 26 2013 19:12 solidbebe wrote:
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.

I don't actually give a fuck. I'm nothing special at this game myself and recognise that if I'd played well enough I could have carried to victory.

It's just funny when you spend an hour playing a game where teammates make it so damn hard.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 26 2013 10:58 GMT
#88209
On November 26 2013 19:32 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 19:12 solidbebe wrote:
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.

I don't actually give a fuck. I'm nothing special at this game myself and recognise that if I'd played well enough I could have carried to victory.

It's just funny when you spend an hour playing a game where teammates make it so damn hard.

You obviously do give a fuck whether you win or lose. If you're playing with random dudes then I can understand the frustration. But if you're queueing with low mmr friends then just try to have fun with them because you're not gonna have a good game most likely.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
November 26 2013 11:17 GMT
#88210
On November 26 2013 19:58 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 19:32 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:12 solidbebe wrote:
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.

I don't actually give a fuck. I'm nothing special at this game myself and recognise that if I'd played well enough I could have carried to victory.

It's just funny when you spend an hour playing a game where teammates make it so damn hard.

You obviously do give a fuck whether you win or lose. If you're playing with random dudes then I can understand the frustration. But if you're queueing with low mmr friends then just try to have fun with them because you're not gonna have a good game most likely.

I think you may be taking throwaway hyperbole and jokes too literally.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
November 26 2013 11:19 GMT
#88211
On November 26 2013 07:43 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 07:37 Testuser wrote:
On November 26 2013 05:18 Qbek wrote:
On November 26 2013 05:10 Testuser wrote:
On November 26 2013 04:54 Pjorren wrote:
Hello guys. How do you make solo queue pubs an enjoyable experience? I rarely have fun playing solo queue unfortunately :/.

Take a break from "trying" and just do some wonky games. Random and go jungle with whatever hero. Take bloodseeker and jungle. Take mag and jungle. Roam with support Void. Do crazy shit.
Then when you go back, it'll all be better.

Soooo... Be the annoying one for a few games

wow

No, you can still try to win the game. I don't think playing the game in an unorthodox manner has to ruin it for the other players. Especially not when you're soloq'ing


That only really works if you're smurfing. Good luck not ruining a game with a roaming void against a trilane and competent offlaner.

From my expirience new accounts bump too often into smurfing, stacking tryhards. The best executed trilanes I ever witnissed in my games were on my smurf account.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 26 2013 11:44 GMT
#88212
On November 26 2013 20:17 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 19:58 solidbebe wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:32 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:12 solidbebe wrote:
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.

I don't actually give a fuck. I'm nothing special at this game myself and recognise that if I'd played well enough I could have carried to victory.

It's just funny when you spend an hour playing a game where teammates make it so damn hard.

You obviously do give a fuck whether you win or lose. If you're playing with random dudes then I can understand the frustration. But if you're queueing with low mmr friends then just try to have fun with them because you're not gonna have a good game most likely.

I think you may be taking throwaway hyperbole and jokes too literally.

Alright maybe im misunderstanding
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Delphiki
Profile Joined October 2012
Philippines1955 Posts
November 26 2013 12:10 GMT
#88213
On November 26 2013 20:44 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 20:17 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:58 solidbebe wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:32 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:12 solidbebe wrote:
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.

I don't actually give a fuck. I'm nothing special at this game myself and recognise that if I'd played well enough I could have carried to victory.

It's just funny when you spend an hour playing a game where teammates make it so damn hard.

You obviously do give a fuck whether you win or lose. If you're playing with random dudes then I can understand the frustration. But if you're queueing with low mmr friends then just try to have fun with them because you're not gonna have a good game most likely.

I think you may be taking throwaway hyperbole and jokes too literally.

Alright maybe im misunderstanding

nono grudgematch please
AwfuL_
Profile Joined January 2013
Netherlands6976 Posts
November 26 2013 12:20 GMT
#88214
Liquid confirmed as world's most skilled pub team and TC as world's most skilled pub player:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1rhfs8/show_rdota2_i_am_developing_a_skill_measuring/
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 26 2013 12:23 GMT
#88215
Wow, thats the dumbest thing i've read today. Luckily the day is young.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
AwfuL_
Profile Joined January 2013
Netherlands6976 Posts
November 26 2013 12:30 GMT
#88216
We all know DotADeMoN is the true #1.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 26 2013 12:35 GMT
#88217
Who knows, it's not based on ELO. So maybe you are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
BobMcJohnson
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France2916 Posts
November 26 2013 13:03 GMT
#88218
Hey, newb question

I dont play dota much, I played quite a lot of LoL/SC, but when big Dota2 tournament happen (usually TI, in this case MLG) I rather enjoy watching them, which in turn makes me want to try playing it, and each time it ends up kinda the same way.

The one thing that I have a hard time getting over when switching games and that ends up frustrating me is the game engine and how everything seems slow and sluggish when it comes to turn speeds/animations/projectiles, and it feels like trying to control a 36 tons truck compared to sc/lol where everything is super responsive and fast.

Does this feeling go simply go away after playing more games or are there micro tips/tricks to exploit it that I can practice to get over it?

Also is there a TL newbie group somewhere where I can find other friendly newbs to learn the game with? I swear to god I saw a thread like that once but I cant find it anymore
Romanes eunt domus
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 13:12:55
November 26 2013 13:12 GMT
#88219
On November 26 2013 22:03 BobMcJohnson wrote:
Hey, newb question

I dont play dota much, I played quite a lot of LoL/SC, but when big Dota2 tournament happen (usually TI, in this case MLG) I rather enjoy watching them, which in turn makes me want to try playing it, and each time it ends up kinda the same way.

The one thing that I have a hard time getting over when switching games and that ends up frustrating me is the game engine and how everything seems slow and sluggish when it comes to turn speeds/animations/projectiles, and it feels like trying to control a 36 tons truck compared to sc/lol where everything is super responsive and fast.

Does this feeling go simply go away after playing more games or are there micro tips/tricks to exploit it that I can practice to get over it?

Also is there a TL newbie group somewhere where I can find other friendly newbs to learn the game with? I swear to god I saw a thread like that once but I cant find it anymore


Dota might feel a bit sluggish compared to "other games" because heroes have something called "turn rate", which is different for each hero and can be affected by certain spells. It actually adds quite a bit of tactic to the game. If you see a stun come towards you, you might want to blink forward instead of back as it takes longer, for instance. Or if you're puck and phaseshifted onto an area with a dot, you have to blink the direction you where facing, or he takes too long turning around, takes dmg, and blink goes on cooldown.

It does disappear over time. Coming from sc(2?) you shouldn't notice that much of a difference tho, units there have turn rate as well. All blizzard games do (and this used to be a mod based on one after all)
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
November 26 2013 13:16 GMT
#88220
On November 26 2013 21:10 Delphiki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 20:44 solidbebe wrote:
On November 26 2013 20:17 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:58 solidbebe wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:32 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On November 26 2013 19:12 solidbebe wrote:
Or when you queue with low mmr friends just keep that in mind, and just try to have fun.

I don't actually give a fuck. I'm nothing special at this game myself and recognise that if I'd played well enough I could have carried to victory.

It's just funny when you spend an hour playing a game where teammates make it so damn hard.

You obviously do give a fuck whether you win or lose. If you're playing with random dudes then I can understand the frustration. But if you're queueing with low mmr friends then just try to have fun with them because you're not gonna have a good game most likely.

I think you may be taking throwaway hyperbole and jokes too literally.

Alright maybe im misunderstanding

nono grudgematch please


1v1 Viper match confirmed.

On November 26 2013 22:03 BobMcJohnson wrote:
Hey, newb question

I dont play dota much, I played quite a lot of LoL/SC, but when big Dota2 tournament happen (usually TI, in this case MLG) I rather enjoy watching them, which in turn makes me want to try playing it, and each time it ends up kinda the same way.

The one thing that I have a hard time getting over when switching games and that ends up frustrating me is the game engine and how everything seems slow and sluggish when it comes to turn speeds/animations/projectiles, and it feels like trying to control a 36 tons truck compared to sc/lol where everything is super responsive and fast.

Does this feeling go simply go away after playing more games or are there micro tips/tricks to exploit it that I can practice to get over it?

Also is there a TL newbie group somewhere where I can find other friendly newbs to learn the game with? I swear to god I saw a thread like that once but I cant find it anymore


Never played LoL so I can't really comment on that, but the "slugishness" is a Dota mechanic.

Basically, it makes it so positioning is also about where your hero faces, spell casting isn't just about what your skill does but also how it does it (e.g. wind up time) and it also allows for differentiating heroes in neat ways. It's a complex thing that isn't exactly intuitive, but it's something I like and you should get used to it over time as you learn to figure it into your play.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
Prev 1 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.