• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:35
CEST 03:35
KST 10:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9616 users

General Discussion - Page 4408

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
November 25 2013 18:24 GMT
#88141
These Earth Spirit pickers and people who randoms him are seriously worse than bad Meepo players.
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
November 25 2013 18:27 GMT
#88142
So. Jeyo is drafting for EG now and is their captain.

http://www.ongamers.com/videos/fear-talks-about-the-roster-changes-and-growing-pa/2300-122/

High Risk Low Reward
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
November 25 2013 18:28 GMT
#88143
let's hope his captaining is better than his playing
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 18:30:54
November 25 2013 18:28 GMT
#88144
I think it's just the invoker syndrome. You pick earth spirit and people just expect you to be Jerax or something.
Bad ES players are just like any bad players, they just stand out more.

God so many justs. I feel bad
Religion: Buckethead
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 25 2013 18:31 GMT
#88145
I barely see anyone pick earth spirit. Either I pick him myself or I don't see him at all pretty much.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
November 25 2013 18:34 GMT
#88146
On November 26 2013 03:31 solidbebe wrote:
I barely see anyone pick earth spirit. Either I pick him myself or I don't see him at all pretty much.

He seems like a tough hero to learn, or maybe he's bad? I haven't been able to play much since the new patch so I'm not sure.
Administrator
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 25 2013 18:38 GMT
#88147
All these hotbid interviews are so good lol.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
November 25 2013 18:43 GMT
#88148
On November 26 2013 03:28 Incze wrote:
I think it's just the invoker syndrome. You pick earth spirit and people just expect you to be Jerax or something.
Bad ES players are just like any bad players, they just stand out more.

God so many justs. I feel bad

COMMON ES TRAITS FOUND IN EVERY GAME
•Miscalculates boulder travel distance and either rams into 5 men that then proceeds to kill him, dives past an invulnerable tower into an embarrassing death, travels into an enemy fountain.
•I got magnetized towards an Earth Spirit caught way out of position and he took me with him. In this example he didn't intend to grief me.
•Doesn't understand how to effectively use his ulti, which is admittedly pretty strong.
AND MUCH MUCH MORE
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
November 25 2013 18:44 GMT
#88149
On November 26 2013 03:34 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 03:31 solidbebe wrote:
I barely see anyone pick earth spirit. Either I pick him myself or I don't see him at all pretty much.

He seems like a tough hero to learn, or maybe he's bad? I haven't been able to play much since the new patch so I'm not sure.

He's quite decent, I think. The problem is (as with most "new" heroes), that people don't try to get some farm/take smart fights/win the game - they just want to try out his spells, so instead they go on chances that aren't there or try for kills that they can't possibly get (or, only in the rare occasion that the opponent fucks up astronomically).

I think that's mostly the problem with new heroes: that people who pick it often don't try to understand and play the hero, they just try to play it like it was any other hero, or they just spam his shit. It's like they lose their situation awareness and suddenly don't have even the basic grasp of the game.

At least I think so. The hero is alright, I'd say.

Also, they trick you could do with Rubick Telekinesis@the radiant hardcamp (lift the big creep and then getting the whole wave/jungle three camps with the creeps), the same can be done with his Q. If you're REALLY good, you can also pull midlane, but that is really damn hard. Cool, though.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 18:55:13
November 25 2013 18:50 GMT
#88150
On November 26 2013 03:34 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 03:31 solidbebe wrote:
I barely see anyone pick earth spirit. Either I pick him myself or I don't see him at all pretty much.

He seems like a tough hero to learn, or maybe he's bad? I haven't been able to play much since the new patch so I'm not sure.

I think he's strong but has an awkward laning phase until his rolling boulder thing becomes skilled. I don't know how to play him well myself but I think maxing that skill should be a priority because it gives him insane mobility, one of the best in the game really.

Even though magnetize seems clowny, the defensive utility it provides is insane. You can pull a Batrider lassoing someone towards you for example and so on.

Unless I'm missing something, his damage is mediocre. Pulling off an effective offensive combo that excludes his ulti doesn't really net you with a lot of damage even by mid game standards. His source of damage comes from his ult which does a lot of damage but it's main drawback is it's long cooldown imo.
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 25 2013 19:01 GMT
#88151
On November 26 2013 03:50 Kuroeeah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 03:34 TheEmulator wrote:
On November 26 2013 03:31 solidbebe wrote:
I barely see anyone pick earth spirit. Either I pick him myself or I don't see him at all pretty much.

He seems like a tough hero to learn, or maybe he's bad? I haven't been able to play much since the new patch so I'm not sure.

I think he's strong but has an awkward laning phase until his rolling boulder thing becomes skilled. I don't know how to play him well myself but I think maxing that skill should be a priority because it gives him insane mobility, one of the best in the game really.

Even though magnetize seems clowny, the defensive utility it provides is insane. You can pull a Batrider lassoing someone towards you for example and so on.

Unless I'm missing something, his damage is mediocre. Pulling off an effective offensive combo that excludes his ulti doesn't really net you with a lot of damage even by mid game standards. His source of damage comes from his ult which does a lot of damage but it's main drawback is it's long cooldown imo.

If you play him mid, you can essentially almost guarantee a firstblood at level 3 unassisted. Its like a more ridiculous version of Skywrath in terms of kill potential.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 25 2013 19:12 GMT
#88152
I find him easier to learn than Invoker. I just find his ultimate to be a bit confusing on how to maximize its damage and worth. I understand it does damage + deals effects whenever you use other abilities in conjunction of when your ultimate is occurring; but that's the only strange part for me.

I find he is best mid with the way you can get runes so easily and his amazing ganking ability. He doesn't need items, just levels; so mid is actually not that bad minus the fact that you can't get any last hits.

I like him a lot, he feels very versatile and strong on his own.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
November 25 2013 19:24 GMT
#88153
Eath spirit is one of those skill heroes that I don't particularly see him as hard to learn. His abilities aren't difficult to comprehend, it's just a matter of whether or not the player has the ability to make effective split second decisions with them... if that makes any sense. I can't explain this too well, but I don't think it's a hero where for most people playing him a lot is going to help. Just have it or don't.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 25 2013 19:38 GMT
#88154
Imo earth spirit is borderline OP mid. If you get a good start off you're set to just smack face around the rest of the game. At leas that's my experience with him.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Pjorren
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden777 Posts
November 25 2013 19:54 GMT
#88155
Hello guys. How do you make solo queue pubs an enjoyable experience? I rarely have fun playing solo queue unfortunately :/.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 25 2013 19:55 GMT
#88156
On November 26 2013 04:54 Pjorren wrote:
Hello guys. How do you make solo queue pubs an enjoyable experience? I rarely have fun playing solo queue unfortunately :/.

Be nice and try to enjoy yourself. Works for me when i soloqueue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
November 25 2013 19:59 GMT
#88157
On November 26 2013 04:54 Pjorren wrote:
Hello guys. How do you make solo queue pubs an enjoyable experience? I rarely have fun playing solo queue unfortunately :/.

Be nice and remain positive. Works for me, i tell people well played whenever they do something nice to encourage them.
I rarely run into really bad solo Q games that i don't enjoy.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
November 25 2013 20:10 GMT
#88158
On November 26 2013 04:54 Pjorren wrote:
Hello guys. How do you make solo queue pubs an enjoyable experience? I rarely have fun playing solo queue unfortunately :/.

Take a break from "trying" and just do some wonky games. Random and go jungle with whatever hero. Take bloodseeker and jungle. Take mag and jungle. Roam with support Void. Do crazy shit.
Then when you go back, it'll all be better.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
November 25 2013 20:18 GMT
#88159
On November 26 2013 05:10 Testuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 04:54 Pjorren wrote:
Hello guys. How do you make solo queue pubs an enjoyable experience? I rarely have fun playing solo queue unfortunately :/.

Take a break from "trying" and just do some wonky games. Random and go jungle with whatever hero. Take bloodseeker and jungle. Take mag and jungle. Roam with support Void. Do crazy shit.
Then when you go back, it'll all be better.

Soooo... Be the annoying one for a few games

wow
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
TMG26
Profile Joined July 2012
Portugal2017 Posts
November 25 2013 20:19 GMT
#88160
On November 26 2013 03:27 Spicy_Curry wrote:
So. Jeyo is drafting for EG now and is their captain.

http://www.ongamers.com/videos/fear-talks-about-the-roster-changes-and-growing-pa/2300-122/



I still believe that Jeyo is the weakest link on EG, no matter how much of a friend to Fear he is.
Supporter of the situational Blink Dagger on Storm.
Prev 1 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7476
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0364
ViBE154
ToD81
kaitlyn0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV157
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 38
• davetesta25
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1190
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.