
General Discussion - Page 4378
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
TheEmulator
28103 Posts
![]() | ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
On November 21 2013 02:06 TheYango wrote: This is very true. Honestly in most cases Furion can be involved in getting FB by level 3. Pubs just don't play conservative enough overall for you to expect there to NOT be an overextension you can capitalize on by then. Most pub Furions are either lazy, selfish, or just outright don't see the kill opportunities they can enable. Lazy pub furions and lazy pub lifestealers are the worst. They are only outdone by Lazy pub weavers who refuse to fight until after they have linkens and deso, claiming a single death will set them back forever... | ||
|
Nevuk
United States16280 Posts
| ||
|
HollowLord
United States3862 Posts
On November 21 2013 02:13 Nevuk wrote: The lesson i'm learning here is that if I'm both lazy and selfish I should ancient jungle with medusa. Not anymore. Dem Black Dragon changes. | ||
|
crms
United States11933 Posts
Ez life, Prophet #1. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On November 21 2013 02:13 Nevuk wrote: The lesson i'm learning here is that if I'm both lazy and selfish I should ancient jungle with medusa. If you're lazy and selfish, you should just stack. | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
When people solo queue, the mentality going into it is assuming their the best out of the team or game and can play however they want to (lazy, selfish, etc) even if it's to the teams detriment. | ||
|
Firebolt145
Lalalaland34507 Posts
| ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
If it's the kind where you never go to fights and farm for 30 minutes, I take issue with that because even if you believe you are the best player on the team (hell, ESPECIALLY if you believe you are the best player on your team), it's not what will win you the game. If you believe you are the best player in the game, then logically, you want to be able to leverage that skill difference to win the game. You want to build advantages by creating opportunities to outplay your opponents. These opportunities simply happen the most on heroes that lane, heroes that gank, and heroes that fight. Heroes that farm have less such opportunities than heroes that fight. Obviously there is still a skill disparity between someone who farms efficiently and one who doesn't, but the disparity has less impact than in the case of someone who is winning their lane, ganking successfully, or winning fights. | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On November 21 2013 02:26 Kuroeeah wrote: When people try hard stack I think the player mentality is that they place a reasonable amount of trust in their teammates and their capability. When people solo queue, the mentality going into it is assuming their the best out of the team or game and can play however they want to (lazy, selfish, etc) even if it's to the teams detriment. Or you could just go TL IRC style and just stack with trenchlords. That's the best way to do it I think. | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
| ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
Came out of the jungle with a radiance at sub 13 mins (HoN where radiance was cheaper and this hero was a tad broken). Nobody on our team could even walk up to him lol we lost practically on the spot. But to be fair I was very new so I'm sure this guy could have crushed us no matter what. But he chose to farm efficiently and "skill difference" us that way. | ||
|
crms
United States11933 Posts
On November 21 2013 02:43 Comeh wrote: Or you could just go TL IRC style and just stack with trenchlords. That's the best way to do it I think. you might sacrifice 2% of your overall win rate and drop 100 pages in mmr, but my god, you will have fun!! | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
Who am I to say how someone should spend their time or tell them to play the game in a specific way? I could careless if I lose ultimately because I or someone else went for a clowny item choice (carry Lina, carry Magnus, divine rapier throw, etc). These games are still fun for me to play out. Yes I get a little nerved when someone last picks a Gondar when our team is filled with carries already but i don't go into pubs with the assumption of having a optimal hero composition in the first place. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
| ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
| ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
It actually feels good to have that much impact. Being support (or at least helping) is really important since it gives your actual supports some time to get their core items faster. | ||
|
gaymon
Germany1023 Posts
On November 21 2013 02:45 Sn0_Man wrote: I still remember my first game against somebody who could farm efficiently... Came out of the jungle with a radiance at sub 13 mins (HoN where radiance was cheaper and this hero was a tad broken). Nobody on our team could even walk up to him lol we lost practically on the spot. But to be fair I was very new so I'm sure this guy could have crushed us no matter what. But he chose to farm efficiently and "skill difference" us that way. Zephyr op as fuck )) | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
| ||