• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:34
CEST 13:34
KST 20:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8786 users

General Discussion - Page 4236

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
November 01 2013 08:45 GMT
#84701
On November 01 2013 16:46 trinxified wrote:
Glad I played with a few folks who aren't quitters right away. We have our usual "GG" talk amongst each other since we are getting dominated pretty hard. At one point, it was 50-24 score at 35 minutes in but no raxes down yet.

Then a team fight happened up at our mid high ground, lost the tower but somehow turned the fight. Since then, we kept winning every fight. After 13 minutes, we won and the game ended at 58-44 score. Enemy team didn't exactly throw on purpose either, so it was legitimate win.

Games like this is what keeps me going. I guess I deserved it after getting shitty ass games with trolls ruining games.

And speaking of events, even though I don't really mind not having a Halloween event, possibly no Christmas event either, but I do wish we had the themed map back. That was refreshing.


Had a match like that earlier. I was Meepo and we had an alch. The tide said GG relatively early when we were doing bad. But I kept split farming and Alch kept farming jungle. I slowly began killing others alongside alch until we got to the point where we were able to push all their towers. That was the match where I got two hearts.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
casualman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1198 Posts
November 01 2013 08:46 GMT
#84702
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though
GuMiho <3
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-01 08:47:00
November 01 2013 08:46 GMT
#84703
On November 01 2013 17:46 casualman wrote:
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though

Last year people were not forced to play diretide, so your point post not make any sense
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10959 Posts
November 01 2013 08:47 GMT
#84704
Diretide was kinda fun, Greeveling was horrible...
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
November 01 2013 08:51 GMT
#84705
I loved them both. Thus I am sad right now =(
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 01 2013 09:01 GMT
#84706
I hope Valve doesn't go "Aw fuck it, it's too late. Let's just use the Holdout assets for a Christmas event."
super gg
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
November 01 2013 09:56 GMT
#84707
On November 01 2013 17:46 casualman wrote:
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though

It's not like there're only 11 people in the server, and 10 of them play Diretide and noone left to play straight up dota with you...
HazeB7onU
Profile Joined October 2013
Australia46 Posts
November 01 2013 09:57 GMT
#84708
Was just fun. Was completely optional. Just added some nice flavour. Even just the map was cool. Maybe they couldn't import the old map with the 6.79 changes to or something.
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
November 01 2013 10:05 GMT
#84709
On November 01 2013 17:46 casualman wrote:
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though


That's pretty funny considering dota 2 came from an ums.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
November 01 2013 10:07 GMT
#84710
On November 01 2013 19:05 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 17:46 casualman wrote:
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though


That's pretty funny considering dota 2 came from an ums.


holy shit that was funny
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 01 2013 10:36 GMT
#84711
On November 01 2013 19:05 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 17:46 casualman wrote:
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though


That's pretty funny considering dota 2 came from an ums.

This was my immediate reaction too, heh.
Moderator
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-01 11:40:55
November 01 2013 11:40 GMT
#84712
what do you guys think about huge patch changes (like 6.79) affecting professional dota in the long run?
if we get stable leagues and such and having 6.79~ish patch changes in the middle of the season, do you think its good or bad? (bad in a sense that there is no 'stability' and good since it keeps stuff 'fresh')
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
November 01 2013 11:46 GMT
#84713
On November 01 2013 17:46 casualman wrote:
I for one am glad diretide didn't make it around this time of year, I'd rather play straight up dota than some wacky minigame. I'm one of those guys who never played ums in broodwar, though

That's strange given your username.

hue
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 01 2013 11:49 GMT
#84714
On November 01 2013 20:40 icystorage wrote:
what do you guys think about huge patch changes (like 6.79) affecting professional dota in the long run?
if we get stable leagues and such and having 6.79~ish patch changes in the middle of the season, do you think its good or bad? (bad in a sense that there is no 'stability' and good since it keeps stuff 'fresh')


This is why patches like this comes right after The International. It was the same last year. TI marks the end of the season.
I like the idea of there being a slightly different version of dota every year, and TI crowning the champion of that version.

Its important to keep things, in your words, "fresh". Just look at what happened to sc2 when they failed to keep that up (among other things, obviously. but the stale metagame is a huge part of it imo).
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
November 01 2013 12:10 GMT
#84715
I still believe guys. We will have a Halloween event!!!
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
November 01 2013 12:36 GMT
#84716
Does the DK in Team DK team name actually mean anything?

I assume it's not Dragon Knight or Denmark.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
November 01 2013 13:02 GMT
#84717
donkey kong

also i wish valve/icefrog would copy some things hon did cuz some changes in hon from dota are very smart
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Shai
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada806 Posts
November 01 2013 13:17 GMT
#84718
On November 01 2013 21:36 Vaelone wrote:
Does the DK in Team DK team name actually mean anything?

I assume it's not Dragon Knight or Denmark.

Pretty sure it's Dota Kings.
Eagerly awaiting Techies.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 01 2013 14:47 GMT
#84719
Dota sages, I need some quick advice: nightstaker and Bloodseek have been mauling my normal support picks of CM and even visage. Beyond earthshaker, what are some other more survivable supports with a solid disable to deal with those ganking assholes? My friend keep saying omi, but I doubt them and omi always betrays me.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
November 01 2013 14:51 GMT
#84720
On November 01 2013 23:47 Plansix wrote:
Dota sages, I need some quick advice: nightstaker and Bloodseek have been mauling my normal support picks of CM and even visage. Beyond earthshaker, what are some other more survivable supports with a solid disable to deal with those ganking assholes? My friend keep saying omi, but I doubt them and omi always betrays me.


TP Scroll, Wards, Ghost Scepter, Force, Euls CM should actually be one of the more resilient heroes due to her kit, it doesn't really matter what support you are playing if they stick to you and you aren't using abilities properly.
Prev 1 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko357
SpeCial 109
ProTech108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16180
firebathero 1888
Bisu 1148
Hyuk 717
Horang2 573
BeSt 287
Larva 227
Mini 212
Light 169
EffOrt 168
[ Show more ]
Soma 137
Leta 95
ZerO 84
Barracks 81
Mong 81
Rush 70
Killer 54
Pusan 50
Snow 48
ToSsGirL 41
Sea.KH 38
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
Mind 33
NaDa 30
Aegong 28
zelot 27
Yoon 25
Sexy 25
Bale 21
sorry 20
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 383
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss912
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1111
Khaldor1055
Other Games
gofns34240
singsing2059
olofmeister1310
B2W.Neo280
Livibee106
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream221
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH145
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 27m
OSC
10h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 27m
Online Event
23h 27m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.