General Discussion - Page 4238
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
| ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On November 02 2013 01:29 Targe wrote: I was imagining as soon as you see him coming near, you know more than me though Maybe if you TP after he voids and he doesn't have the damage to kill you (and no other stuns to stop your tp). Chances are you are screwing over your laning partner though ![]() | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
| ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
I think the majority of the pub supports have this problem as the game reaches into the later stages on ward placement. If your team is holed up in your base, defensive wards takes priority as opposed to always placing them on the river. I try to calculate risks as well, having foresight is important because I dont want to go out of my way to ask a teammate to body guard me when they could presumably spend their time on something more efficient than going place wards (sometimes it's a necessity though) nor do I want to run into an enemy team while I'm on my way to placing them. On my Rubick, stealing spells is one thing but stealing something good and actually utilizing it without first getting blown up is another thing. Spell steal had a great range and I feel it's almost inexcusable for me to put myself into an awkward position to steal something good and this is easily a hero that stays away at a distance (like most supports) to use the full extent of your toolset. Incorporating small, somewhat obvious things like the saving telekinesis for a Mag skewer goes a long way as well. Finally having bad or frustrating games are unavoidable of course but I feel like I can always have be an asset to the team in someway if I'm not underleveled. Still playing the role can be tough, especially when you have teammates that still dies even though the enemy walked past a ward but I try to always take something away from every loss. There's just a huge disparity between good supports and bad ones so even if you feel the game wasn't necessarily your fault, try to not allow a frustrating game get in the way of self analysis. | ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
I think my master plan is drop walls of ice in this path and out position him. The range is long enough where I should get it off before he tries to nuke me. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
Kznn
Brazil9072 Posts
its comming | ||
|
Yoshi-
Germany10227 Posts
| ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
Its really confusing - was it used in pro matches or something? | ||
|
Kuzmorgo
Hungary1058 Posts
| ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
Kinda like the range radius thing that surrounds your hero... | ||
|
FFGenerations
7088 Posts
i know someone described it in general forum a while ago (you use console) i think its needed to play heroes like ld there might be a youtube guide already ill have a look ... else a dedicated thread would be good so people can search/be referred to it | ||
|
Noya
Uruguay11223 Posts
On November 02 2013 02:49 FFGenerations wrote: can someone please write a literally step by step guide to setting a hotkey or option to disable autoattacks? i know someone described it in general forum a while ago (you use console) i think its needed to play heroes like ld there might be a youtube guide already ill have a look ... else a dedicated thread would be good so people can search/be referred to it Here's mine: bindtoggle "F5" dota_player_units_auto_attack; //toggle auto attack on and off You need to have an autoexec.cfg file (.cfg, not .txt) in your dota 2 beta\dota\cfg folder and paste that there. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
Step 2: Change the option entitled "Enable Autoattack" to no. very detailed ![]() | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
On November 02 2013 02:49 FFGenerations wrote: can someone please write a literally step by step guide to setting a hotkey or option to disable autoattacks? i know someone described it in general forum a while ago (you use console) i think its needed to play heroes like ld there might be a youtube guide already ill have a look ... else a dedicated thread would be good so people can search/be referred to it Haha I tried playing with auto-attack off recently and it threw me off so much. I've been so used to it since wc3 dota, so I don't know if I can adjust well. I really need to keep trying because I keep hearing that auto-attack off is superior to being on. | ||
|
Pingvinen
Sweden78 Posts
| ||
|
Noya
Uruguay11223 Posts
![]() | ||
|
Zocat
Germany2229 Posts
On November 02 2013 02:49 FFGenerations wrote: can someone please write a literally step by step guide to setting a hotkey or option to disable autoattacks? i know someone described it in general forum a while ago (you use console) i think its needed to play heroes like ld there might be a youtube guide already ill have a look ... else a dedicated thread would be good so people can search/be referred to it Aaaand Noya was faster I use my folder structure, so adjust that: + Show Spoiler + D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg If there is an autoexec.cfg open it If not create one bind "a" "dota_player_units_auto_attack 1;mc_attack" //Attack clicks leave passive stance bind "s" "dota_player_units_auto_attack 1;dota_stop" //Stop leaves aggressive stance bind "y" "dota_player_units_auto_attack 0;dota_hold" //Hold leaves passive stance Change the keys according to your wishes. Open game with console active. If it doesnt already work in game open console and type "exec autoexec.cfg" a = attack and enables autoattack s = stop and enables autoattack (for those attack-animation cancelling spam) y = disable autoattack & hold position. I dont actually know right now if a move command cancels the autoattack. It shouldnt. Edit if you want a toggle (also autoexe.cfg and again change the y to a key you want) bind "y" "disableAutoAttack" alias disableAutoAttack "dota_player_units_auto_attack 0; bind y enableAutoAttack;" alias enableAutoAttack "dota_player_units_auto_attack 1; bind y disableAutoAttack;" | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
On November 02 2013 02:52 Noya wrote: Having a hotkey for ON/OFF is superior IMO, try that one ![]() Thanks I'll try to follow your steps later. I copy that entire second line you posted right? "F5" is any key I want? | ||
| ||

