|
|
On October 27 2013 08:51 Najda wrote: It's boring seeing multiple necrobooks in every single pro game though regardless if it's overpowered or not. It went from a rarely seen item to an item you get on almost any hero besides the 1 role.
I haven't seen much pro games buying it actually... Am I missing something? I do recall a certain rule before in WC3 Dota where you're limited to buy Necro books up to 2 per team. They had that rule on other items too, I think on sheepstick as well.
|
I got flamed for building necro on lycan today. opponents also had riki and 2 sb's. such a noob I'm.
|
On October 27 2013 08:54 zezamer wrote: I got flamed for building necro on lycan today. opponents also had riki and 2 sb's. such a noob I'm.
Well necro3 is good for truesight, but that's not supposed to be the reason why you're getting it. It's for all kinds of pushing item. Lycan is probably ones of best holder for it, along with Doom, and Furion (since he'll probably get it the fastest). The earlier, the better. A few others too but it's a debate.
|
Is it just a streak of circumstances in my games or is turtling more effective in pubs now? It feels easier to get that one item which will affect the teamfights.
|
Do the demons die with the hero, or do they live on?
|
On October 27 2013 09:07 Plansix wrote: Do the demons die with the hero, or do they live on? they survive until they die, or expire from time.
|
On October 27 2013 09:07 Plansix wrote: Do the demons die with the hero, or do they live on? Necrobook minions? Definitely live on. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure every minion hero or summon hero can die with their summon active.
|
On October 27 2013 09:10 Nevuk wrote:Show nested quote +On October 27 2013 09:07 Plansix wrote: Do the demons die with the hero, or do they live on? Necrobook minions? Definitely live on. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure every minion hero or summon hero can die with their summon active. I think the bear drops dead if you kill LD. But He might be the exception to the rule. But I don't know if its OP or just the flavor of the week.
|
5200 gold, gives +16 str, +24 int. Which is nothing really.
Duration is 40 secs, cooldown 80 secs, so there's that 40 second downtime. That means a 5200 gold item only gives you minimal stats for that time.
Although worth mentioning is that the Necro Warrior is so strong. He burns more mana per attack than Anti-Mage with 0.75 BAT. Not even including the Necro Archer that boost attack speed too. But last will is PURE damage 400/500/600, per level so that's probably the deal breaker. In team fights, it's a pain to deal with the Warrior because he either hits you hard or almost die with it.
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
On October 27 2013 09:05 nojok wrote: Is it just a streak of circumstances in my games or is turtling more effective in pubs now? It feels easier to get that one item which will affect the teamfights. Probably the increased gold ticks
|
United States47024 Posts
TBH the 6.79 change to Necrobook is partly made meaningful by the armor type change in 6.78 (Necronomicon unit armor type changed from Heavy to Hero). The major practical implication of this is that Necronomicon units' Spell Resistance went from 20% to 40%. It was not a big deal in that patch because you insta-killed or Dominated Necronomicon units, but now that you can't, 40% Spell Resistance makes it hard to nuke them down in multiples.
If Icefrog is considering nerfing Necronomicon, I would say that reverting the 6.78 change makes the most sense.
|
Diff blades, BKB. Both still work. Is annoying though and can't rely on them.
|
On October 27 2013 09:40 HazeB7onU wrote: Diff blades, BKB. Both still work. Is annoying though and can't rely on them.
Uses those precious charges you may want to save for heroes or yourself, and also purging the Warrior will still trigger Last Will. Yeah it's annoying lol.
Best counters right now are Chen/Enchantress, and heroes that have summons that can kill and take the damage for them. Or running from them haha.
|
Max Enchant will be the new build against Necros lol. Can take both of them.
|
Actually I forgot to mention Clinkz and Naix... I guess they sorta offset the damage made by Last Will since they both get the HP. Doom can Devour them too right, but obviously take damage? I can't recall if I've seen this happen. Does he get the skills lol?
|
Has Valve/Icefrog said anything about the "issue" where you can go outside of the map with Bat or now brood? it's pretty ridiculous, especially as a brood.
|
On October 27 2013 10:23 Grettin wrote: Has Valve/Icefrog said anything about the "issue" where you can go outside of the map with Bat or now brood? it's pretty ridiculous, especially as a brood.
Bat? Can't you just follow him anyway since he burns the trees with him?
But I do love that change with Brood especially if losing and enemy wants to fountain dive... No way to kill you!!!
|
theres plenty of heroes that can clear trees very effectively to a point where brood wont be as much of a problem
|
On October 27 2013 10:25 trinxified wrote:Show nested quote +On October 27 2013 10:23 Grettin wrote: Has Valve/Icefrog said anything about the "issue" where you can go outside of the map with Bat or now brood? it's pretty ridiculous, especially as a brood. Bat? Can't you just follow him anyway since he burns the trees with him? But I do love that change with Brood especially if losing and enemy wants to fountain dive... No way to kill you!!!
With both brood and bat you can move outside of the borders of the map. No matter how many trees you cut or burn, it doesn't matter if the enemy can't physically reach you in any way shape or form. Its pretty retarded tbh. Wasn't the biggest deal with bat, mostly because he doesn't usually go in the sidelanes. But with brood getting popular because of the update, its near impossible to gank her because you simply can't follow her outside of the map.
On October 27 2013 10:38 FinestHour wrote: theres plenty of heroes that can clear trees very effectively to a point where brood wont be as much of a problem
Same as above. Up to now this hasn't really been much of an issue, although still annoying as hell when it happens, simply because bat was the only one who could do it. After the patch, aside from brood who can also do it at will, its technically possible for any hero to go outside of the borders of the map with the 5 sec freewalk thingie from a blinking pudge or vengeful. Its an exploit that needs fixing asap.
|
actually yea thats my bad i didnt fully understand, spots like in radiant bot lane-base area in the little river/cliff are extremely silly and definitely warrant some re-consideration
|
|
|
|
|
|