• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:49
CEST 09:49
KST 16:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7936 users

General Discussion - Page 4197

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
October 26 2013 06:06 GMT
#83921
On October 26 2013 14:56 trinxified wrote:
How to build Brewmaster now? Since new Agh's upgrade is not that great anymore, rushing it isn't as good...

build him as a walking aura? drums vlads. I think the same as always.

If you're feeling adventurous you could do the 1-1-4-0 build and get a battlefury.
Skol
Darkren
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1841 Posts
October 26 2013 07:25 GMT
#83922
On October 26 2013 15:06 Emnjay808 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2013 14:56 trinxified wrote:
How to build Brewmaster now? Since new Agh's upgrade is not that great anymore, rushing it isn't as good...

build him as a walking aura? drums vlads. I think the same as always.

If you're feeling adventurous you could do the 1-1-4-0 build and get a battlefury.


Actually i really like the agh upgrade you get really a powerfull ult.

And his second skill is aoe and increase in aoe per level , its preaty easy at lv 2 or 3 to hit 3 to 4 man with it

I like new brew, he requires more skill, but that is not a bad thing
"Yeah, I send (hopefully) helpful PM's quite frequently. You don't have to warn/ban everything" - KadaverBB
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 26 2013 08:37 GMT
#83923
Why is the agha bad now? It's hard to use, sure, but I think it's really powerful. I would go blink aghs on brew as always.
super gg
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 26 2013 08:40 GMT
#83924
Problem with aghs is the cooldown on your ult is so long the extra spells in your ult don't make up for the gold cost of aghs.
HazeB7onU
Profile Joined October 2013
Australia46 Posts
October 26 2013 08:47 GMT
#83925
I think phase, drums then blink gives him more utility. Can then go for ags.
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 26 2013 09:00 GMT
#83926
aghs is pretty dumb the sooner you get it, it just falls off more
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
October 26 2013 09:42 GMT
#83927
Agha didnt decrease the Ult CD now...

Going semi-carry build is ok I guess lol
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 26 2013 13:43 GMT
#83928
Can someone explain why is everyone buying midases this patch?
super gg
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-26 13:53:35
October 26 2013 13:53 GMT
#83929
On October 26 2013 22:43 cecek wrote:
Can someone explain why is everyone buying midases this patch?


Maybe because supports get less out of the jungle now?

I guess the passive gold increase helps get it a little earlier than you could too?

I have no idea =)
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 26 2013 14:00 GMT
#83930
Well, isn't the passive gold buff kind of speaking against the midas? I mean, you can get utility items faster with the passive gold. Plus, the passive gold doesn't really come into play that much early, which is when you want to buy a midas.
super gg
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
October 26 2013 14:05 GMT
#83931
On October 26 2013 22:43 cecek wrote:
Can someone explain why is everyone buying midases this patch?


Because they are hoping the enemy team plays bad so they can get away with it.
DeltaX
Profile Joined August 2011
United States287 Posts
October 26 2013 14:06 GMT
#83932
I actually would think that midas would be worse as the game pace is faster. Is it really a good idea to put yourself at a disadvantage for 10-15 min until it pays off?
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-26 14:38:37
October 26 2013 14:38 GMT
#83933
On October 26 2013 23:00 cecek wrote:
Well, isn't the passive gold buff kind of speaking against the midas? I mean, you can get utility items faster with the passive gold. Plus, the passive gold doesn't really come into play that much early, which is when you want to buy a midas.

I was thinking the choice was more in terms of the XP boost rather than the gold. If you're getting less out of the jungle, and you're perhaps roaming around a bit more a midas can keep your levels ticking over in the meantime (just look at the differences in levels in all 3 games a CM went midas today). The gold tweak just lets you potentially get it at a more practical point in the game.

Like I said I have no real idea, that's just my attempted rationalisation ^^
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
October 26 2013 14:59 GMT
#83934
Dagon-eblade-refresher.
Why are you even asking such questions. Always best build. Any hero. Any game. Any time.

#roadtoti4
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 26 2013 15:22 GMT
#83935


Guys, Ayesee is Omniknight. Who knew? Pretty cool video, I liked it. Could use some work, but I hope they continue the series. I guess its based off the official lore, right?
super gg
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
October 26 2013 15:51 GMT
#83936
On October 26 2013 23:06 DeltaX wrote:
I actually would think that midas would be worse as the game pace is faster. Is it really a good idea to put yourself at a disadvantage for 10-15 min until it pays off?

It doesn't pay for itself immediately, but it does allow you to get a level advantages faster than otherwise possible, and with many popular heroes scaling with levels moreso than gold, its a fairly strong option.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-26 16:25:56
October 26 2013 16:23 GMT
#83937
On October 26 2013 17:37 cecek wrote:
Why is the agha bad now? It's hard to use, sure, but I think it's really powerful. I would go blink aghs on brew as always.


It isn't hard to use, but the long cooldown doesn't make it worthwhile at any level. I agree with Blink still, but probably semi-carry build is best now.

His old Agh's did deserve a nerf I believe, so a change was warranted, but removing duration increase AND cooldown decrease just makes it plain bad.
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-26 17:33:16
October 26 2013 17:32 GMT
#83938
On October 26 2013 23:38 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2013 23:00 cecek wrote:
Well, isn't the passive gold buff kind of speaking against the midas? I mean, you can get utility items faster with the passive gold. Plus, the passive gold doesn't really come into play that much early, which is when you want to buy a midas.

I was thinking the choice was more in terms of the XP boost rather than the gold. If you're getting less out of the jungle, and you're perhaps roaming around a bit more a midas can keep your levels ticking over in the meantime (just look at the differences in levels in all 3 games a CM went midas today). The gold tweak just lets you potentially get it at a more practical point in the game.

Like I said I have no real idea, that's just my attempted rationalisation ^^

Midas is almost always about the XP boost.

On October 27 2013 01:23 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2013 17:37 cecek wrote:
Why is the agha bad now? It's hard to use, sure, but I think it's really powerful. I would go blink aghs on brew as always.


It isn't hard to use, but the long cooldown doesn't make it worthwhile at any level. I agree with Blink still, but probably semi-carry build is best now.

His old Agh's did deserve a nerf I believe, so a change was warranted, but removing duration increase AND cooldown decrease just makes it plain bad.


You always get blink on Brew as his first item (sometimes mana boots beforehand).

Always always always always. Otherwise play a different hero.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 26 2013 17:48 GMT
#83939
On October 27 2013 02:32 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2013 23:38 Asha` wrote:
On October 26 2013 23:00 cecek wrote:
Well, isn't the passive gold buff kind of speaking against the midas? I mean, you can get utility items faster with the passive gold. Plus, the passive gold doesn't really come into play that much early, which is when you want to buy a midas.

I was thinking the choice was more in terms of the XP boost rather than the gold. If you're getting less out of the jungle, and you're perhaps roaming around a bit more a midas can keep your levels ticking over in the meantime (just look at the differences in levels in all 3 games a CM went midas today). The gold tweak just lets you potentially get it at a more practical point in the game.

Like I said I have no real idea, that's just my attempted rationalisation ^^

Midas is almost always about the XP boost.

Show nested quote +
On October 27 2013 01:23 trinxified wrote:
On October 26 2013 17:37 cecek wrote:
Why is the agha bad now? It's hard to use, sure, but I think it's really powerful. I would go blink aghs on brew as always.


It isn't hard to use, but the long cooldown doesn't make it worthwhile at any level. I agree with Blink still, but probably semi-carry build is best now.

His old Agh's did deserve a nerf I believe, so a change was warranted, but removing duration increase AND cooldown decrease just makes it plain bad.


You always get blink on Brew as his first item (sometimes mana boots beforehand).

Always always always always. Otherwise play a different hero.


Yeah I go Arcane boots and Blink always now too. Just not sure what after .
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 26 2013 17:50 GMT
#83940
On October 27 2013 02:48 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2013 02:32 Comeh wrote:
On October 26 2013 23:38 Asha` wrote:
On October 26 2013 23:00 cecek wrote:
Well, isn't the passive gold buff kind of speaking against the midas? I mean, you can get utility items faster with the passive gold. Plus, the passive gold doesn't really come into play that much early, which is when you want to buy a midas.

I was thinking the choice was more in terms of the XP boost rather than the gold. If you're getting less out of the jungle, and you're perhaps roaming around a bit more a midas can keep your levels ticking over in the meantime (just look at the differences in levels in all 3 games a CM went midas today). The gold tweak just lets you potentially get it at a more practical point in the game.

Like I said I have no real idea, that's just my attempted rationalisation ^^

Midas is almost always about the XP boost.

On October 27 2013 01:23 trinxified wrote:
On October 26 2013 17:37 cecek wrote:
Why is the agha bad now? It's hard to use, sure, but I think it's really powerful. I would go blink aghs on brew as always.


It isn't hard to use, but the long cooldown doesn't make it worthwhile at any level. I agree with Blink still, but probably semi-carry build is best now.

His old Agh's did deserve a nerf I believe, so a change was warranted, but removing duration increase AND cooldown decrease just makes it plain bad.


You always get blink on Brew as his first item (sometimes mana boots beforehand).

Always always always always. Otherwise play a different hero.


Yeah I go Arcane boots and Blink always now too. Just not sure what after .

you didn't go blink before?
super gg
Prev 1 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 179
910 92
Mong 38
Shinee 36
Bale 33
Killer 28
Aegong 27
Mind 14
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss189
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1481
Other Games
summit1g8748
olofmeister977
ceh9469
Happy316
crisheroes174
Sick159
ArmadaUGS123
Livibee97
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick546
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream254
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH56
• LUISG 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2299
League of Legends
• Rush1868
• Stunt495
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 11m
OSC
5h 11m
Stellar Fest
5h 11m
OSC
16h 11m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.