|
|
On October 25 2013 23:41 RuskiPanda wrote:Show nested quote +On October 25 2013 23:11 Comeh wrote:On October 25 2013 15:07 TheYango wrote: It's really rough on NS to not have bottle-crow mid, but he doesn't need to wait as long. I think he's fine mid in the matchups where he can sneak XP and some lasthits, but the ones where he'd totally get denied without Bottle because they're crushingly unfavorable he's definitely worse in.
He's not that bad of a 2v2 sidelaner, though, tbh. I just feel like 4 mins in hits a really weird time for him to start ganking / roaming. I guess its just a different approach, and I need to adjust my playstyle. I also got demolished by Magnus mid, mainly because the other player was much much better than me. I think in NS's thoughts on the patch he said on the first night nightstalker was more likely to keep farming and then make a bigger impact on the second night with bigger items like urn/tread/vanguard (versus maybe boots bottle urn in previous ver). If you get a decent rune like DD or something it's still probably worth a gank on the sidelanes first night. One of hte problems with this is that Night Stalker isn't a particularly good laner, so a lot of mid laners can just crush him in lane and still maintain rune control while doing so.
Also, larger fights happen really, really early with this patch, so maybe ganking is a good idea?
Its a tough situation.
|
Well this helps you not get crushed so bad pre-6 i guess, and it also works really well in 2v2 lane situations since minute 4 seems like a good time to kill your lane.
I think players are going to have to get and rely on their ult more now though for early ganks (as opposed to just letting the day/night cycle run it's course).
|
So is level 6 ultimate the best way to go now?
|
Pretty sure yes. Even if its already night there seems to be value in saving it for teamfights etc over just spamming it to extend night periods (SITUATIONAL).
|
I just realized, because clarities aren't poolable - is this a huge nerf to techies?
|
Do techies mines block jungle camps?
|
|
|
TP + 8 clarities @level 1 awwwwwwwyeah
I can't wait for techies zomg
|
On October 26 2013 00:53 Sn0_Man wrote: TP + 8 clarities @level 1 awwwwwwwyeah
I can't wait for techies zomg If you can't leave clarities for bait, whats the point?
|
Wouldn't that not work as well anyway since clarities have a unique appearance when dropped (like salve, stout, etc.). I guess some people might still go for them though.
|
On October 25 2013 22:08 Morton wrote: push strats seem to be gaining a lot of popularity, lots of pugna picks! (love that hero)
I have yet to see a team pick a hard wombo combo lineup though, and those are always entertaining.
I didn't think they did much to change Leshrac but everyone I've played lately has completely wiped the floor with our team.
|
Pugna needs an update, the visuals and icons are so outdated.
|
BoT's are so good on pugna btw
He's a racecar with high base MS already, plus the way he hits towers he's actually a mega-legit split pusher with just BoTs.
|
On October 26 2013 01:23 Sn0_Man wrote: BoT's are so good on pugna btw
He's a racecar with high base MS already, plus the way he hits towers he's actually a mega-legit split pusher with just BoTs. Most split pushers that are effective in dota have some sort of natural inherent ability to escape from being ganked (blink, ball lightning, replicate)
Pugna is best at straight pushing as a team (ward only makes this stronger), not necessarily split pushing.
|
On October 26 2013 01:30 Comeh wrote:Show nested quote +On October 26 2013 01:23 Sn0_Man wrote: BoT's are so good on pugna btw
He's a racecar with high base MS already, plus the way he hits towers he's actually a mega-legit split pusher with just BoTs. Most split pushers that are effective in dota have some sort of natural inherent ability to escape from being ganked (blink, ball lightning, replicate) Pugna is best at straight pushing as a team (ward only makes this stronger), not necessarily split pushing. You just drop ward and run like hell. Also Ethereal + TP works pretty well vs a lot of heroes. I mean you have to be careful about it but towers drop in 15 seconds so if they even just have TPs on cooldown they can't address you. It really doesn't work without BoTs though since they are your escape mechanism as well as your "in". PS a lot of heroes can't really contest you without backup, at which point you should know they are off the map and gtfo.
Its situational but I think its more legit than people would first imagine. Plus its disgustingly fun. Blam Blam nice towers noobs. Don't mind me I'm USAIN BOLT. Like, he crushes teamfights with ward too so its not like the enemy can just aim to teamfight you.
Yeah pugna's decent in push teams but he has to go kiss the tower to drop blast so the enemy has to be playing very passively for that to work (assuming you are group pushing right). So you have to kinda be mega ahead at that point. I guess with ward up its hard for them to engage on you though.
|
Pugna, Leshrac and Enigma aren't heroes well suited to split pushing. They're not nearly as capable of pushing out lanes and threatening towers by themselves without being in danger.
If a team that hasn't fallen too behind allows a Pugna to take towers by himself, I wouldn't attribute that being "Oh look Pugna = Split Pusher". Like even if you have the farm of a Prophet (Which isn't likely because Pugna is a much slower farmer" with Shadow Blade, BoTs or whatever, he is still 10 times easier to deal than a Prophet doing his job.
|
Pugna with travels and drums is also one of my favorites. Depending on how the game goes, I even buy travels as the first bigger item on him. Really fun he is, sometimes reminds me of an evil yoda.
|
Anyone else been having fun with the new Aghanim's scepter on a Refresher Orb/Blink/BKB Engima in the late game.
You feel like a one man team wipe every 180 secs. Even most hard carriers just melt if caught in it.
|
i don't really know why i'm not having fun in this version. it doesn't have anything to do with me winning or losing games and i'm not going into games with this pessimistic mind set either but something just feels off to me about playing dota as of right now.
|
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Probably a sense of unfamiliarity?
|
|
|
|
|
|