• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:13
CEST 07:13
KST 14:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9127 users

General Discussion - Page 4192

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 25 2013 02:29 GMT
#83821
they reverted the ready sound change, thank you i am happy again
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 25 2013 02:30 GMT
#83822
On October 25 2013 11:08 Dead9 wrote:
clap on earth spirit is crazy good man


Not good enough. You can only use it once from the Earth Spirit.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
October 25 2013 02:33 GMT
#83823
On October 25 2013 10:04 Mithhaike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 09:39 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On October 25 2013 02:19 Talron wrote:
Well I know about the Hotd and Midas change and Necrobook has always been strong, but I don't see how it's because of just that.


In 6.78 Necronomicon was a lot weaker simply because 1-2 enemy heroes would always get HoM or HotD for a regular item build. Summoning minions would either be free gold or a free conversion for the opponent. Now a team is forced to respond to mass necrobook strategies by deliberating picking up Diffusal Blade, dominating a Satyr Banisher, considering a Doom pickup, etc.

Not to mention that the necro minions are actually pretty darn painful. You can't really ignore a necrominion when it's beating down on your squishy ass(especially supports). I've seen level 3 necrobooks solo support heroes like Rubick or something.

Which leads back to the point, with the midas & HOTD nerf, necrobook is now pretty darn amazing.

The only counter is there is no counter. Except Chen/Enchantress i guess. Diffusal blade is meh for countering necro minions. I would say anything with summons of their own, so that they dont eat the death damage on to their hero.


Personally I like Undying's Tombstone if your team can protect it. Since mass Necrobook usually involves pushing the creep wave, Tombstone can turn the battlefield into a zombie clusterfuck with stacking slows. Always keep Soul Rip handy in case they try to focus Tombstone down.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 25 2013 03:13 GMT
#83824
thanks valve for the 16432th 30 mb patch today
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 03:29:58
October 25 2013 03:29 GMT
#83825
Crazy pocket strats all over a few games now...

Leoric, Sniper, Drow, WR, Dazzle

WTF in pubs so hard to coordinate to kill anything because Shallow Graves and mass life steals with that brutal DPS on everyone.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 25 2013 04:52 GMT
#83826
On October 25 2013 12:13 FinestHour wrote:
thanks valve for the 16432th 30 mb patch today

At least they removed the weird match ready sound.
Administrator
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
October 25 2013 05:06 GMT
#83827
On October 25 2013 13:52 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 12:13 FinestHour wrote:
thanks valve for the 16432th 30 mb patch today

At least they removed the weird match ready sound.


I wouldn't have minded it if it was just one drum roll but it was pretty obnoxious by going on for like 10 seconds (hyperbole).
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 25 2013 05:13 GMT
#83828
I wonder if the sound change was because of some community outcry or because of more technical issues with 6.79.

Heard both versions, and I can't check which is correct right currently.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
October 25 2013 05:25 GMT
#83829
On October 25 2013 14:06 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 13:52 TheEmulator wrote:
On October 25 2013 12:13 FinestHour wrote:
thanks valve for the 16432th 30 mb patch today

At least they removed the weird match ready sound.


I wouldn't have minded it if it was just one drum roll but it was pretty obnoxious by going on for like 10 seconds (hyperbole).

I would have been fine with it if it was a decent quality audio file and if it stopped after you click accept.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 06:06:56
October 25 2013 06:03 GMT
#83830
So is nightstalker still a mid? Or is he better in the sidelane these days?

I'm not really sure how to play him now (in terms of flow of gameplay) :[
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 25 2013 06:07 GMT
#83831
It's really rough on NS to not have bottle-crow mid, but he doesn't need to wait as long. I think he's fine mid in the matchups where he can sneak XP and some lasthits, but the ones where he'd totally get denied without Bottle because they're crushingly unfavorable he's definitely worse in.

He's not that bad of a 2v2 sidelaner, though, tbh.
Moderator
dota2hack
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2 Posts
October 25 2013 11:02 GMT
#83832
--- Nuked ---
Morton
Profile Joined July 2012
United States152 Posts
October 25 2013 13:08 GMT
#83833
push strats seem to be gaining a lot of popularity, lots of pugna picks! (love that hero)

I have yet to see a team pick a hard wombo combo lineup though, and those are always entertaining.
GentleDrill
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom672 Posts
October 25 2013 13:35 GMT
#83834
On October 25 2013 11:30 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 11:08 Dead9 wrote:
clap on earth spirit is crazy good man


Not good enough. You can only use it once from the Earth Spirit.


? The cooldown on clap is 12. Split duration is 15 at level 1. You can always clap twice unless I'm missing something.
Elenar
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden137 Posts
October 25 2013 13:38 GMT
#83835
Are there any dota2 talkshows still going on that are worth listening too? Likea talkdota or Muchado.
ImpromptuGangbang
Profile Joined August 2012
Argentina102 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 13:48:13
October 25 2013 13:41 GMT
#83836
I don't like the new aghas change on brewmaster. It used to be a MUST and now is much more optional. I think I will be going for battle brewmaster more often now. He does have a great skillset which scales beautifully into the late game. And yes, I can micro it perfectly.

I think I found the new meta. Push/Ganking strat with very strong midgame while Spectre afk farms and realities during the fights.
Kill em all!
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
October 25 2013 14:06 GMT
#83837
On October 25 2013 22:41 ImpromptuGangbang wrote:
I don't like the new aghas change on brewmaster. It used to be a MUST and now is much more optional. I think I will be going for battle brewmaster more often now. He does have a great skillset which scales beautifully into the late game. And yes, I can micro it perfectly.

I think I found the new meta. Push/Ganking strat with very strong midgame while Spectre afk farms and realities during the fights.

Isn't that a normal 4-1?
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 25 2013 14:11 GMT
#83838
On October 25 2013 15:07 TheYango wrote:
It's really rough on NS to not have bottle-crow mid, but he doesn't need to wait as long. I think he's fine mid in the matchups where he can sneak XP and some lasthits, but the ones where he'd totally get denied without Bottle because they're crushingly unfavorable he's definitely worse in.

He's not that bad of a 2v2 sidelaner, though, tbh.

I just feel like 4 mins in hits a really weird time for him to start ganking / roaming. I guess its just a different approach, and I need to adjust my playstyle.

I also got demolished by Magnus mid, mainly because the other player was much much better than me.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
October 25 2013 14:32 GMT
#83839
well if you are good on brew u should have a fast agh and these new changes are much better early/mid game than old ones.
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-25 14:42:12
October 25 2013 14:41 GMT
#83840
On October 25 2013 23:11 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2013 15:07 TheYango wrote:
It's really rough on NS to not have bottle-crow mid, but he doesn't need to wait as long. I think he's fine mid in the matchups where he can sneak XP and some lasthits, but the ones where he'd totally get denied without Bottle because they're crushingly unfavorable he's definitely worse in.

He's not that bad of a 2v2 sidelaner, though, tbh.

I just feel like 4 mins in hits a really weird time for him to start ganking / roaming. I guess its just a different approach, and I need to adjust my playstyle.

I also got demolished by Magnus mid, mainly because the other player was much much better than me.


I think in NS's thoughts on the patch he said on the first night nightstalker was more likely to keep farming and then make a bigger impact on the second night with bigger items like urn/tread/vanguard (versus maybe boots bottle urn in previous ver). If you get a decent rune like DD or something it's still probably worth a gank on the sidelanes first night.
Prev 1 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2077
Snow 139
Bale 23
Noble 15
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1210
Mew2King35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1370
WinterStarcraft652
Other Games
summit1g7735
JimRising 639
PiGStarcraft346
C9.Mang0182
Maynarde138
Sick132
ArmadaUGS120
RuFF_SC299
ViBE66
Livibee59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2169
League of Legends
• Lourlo1338
• Rush1192
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 47m
OSC
7h 47m
Stellar Fest
7h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.