• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:34
CEST 03:34
KST 10:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8649 users

General Discussion - Page 4185

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
October 24 2013 01:43 GMT
#83681
On October 24 2013 10:22 writer22816 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 10:02 PrinceXizor wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:43 teapoted wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)

I think taking the stance that "i'll wait and see if its bad before i comment" is positive rather than bitching like you seem to want.


Good thing you aren't developing the game then. I would very much hope that any major balance changes made to a competitive game were created with concrete purpose in mind beyond "oh let's just change this because it's stale and hope everything goes okay". The Roshan change is a major change and players have a right to expect good reason behind the change. Too bad I have yet to hear such a reason.

LOL. this stuff has been tested for so long. ice frog doesn't just throw DOTA UPDATES out without testing usually extensive amounts of it. also just making up arguments to argue against is pretty dumb.
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 01:52:18
October 24 2013 01:51 GMT
#83682
On October 24 2013 10:22 writer22816 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 10:02 PrinceXizor wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:43 teapoted wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)

I think taking the stance that "i'll wait and see if its bad before i comment" is positive rather than bitching like you seem to want.


Good thing you aren't developing the game then. I would very much hope that any major balance changes made to a competitive game were created with concrete purpose in mind beyond "oh let's just change this because it's stale and hope everything goes okay". The Roshan change is a major change and players have a right to expect good reason behind the change. Too bad I have yet to hear such a reason.

Why the negativity? I mean seriously, the patch just came out, we've just barely started to grasp the depth of the changes and there you are whining for "i have yet to hear such a reason for a change...or any change". IF doesnt owe you a explaination. Your supposed to figure out how to play around his rules for the game, not him giving it to you

This is a game. Changes are good to keep things fresh. Icefrog obviously has reasons for making those changes, even the Roshan change has been explained by many people that it prevents the stalemate coldwar at the rosh pit because of the randomness.
Give it time. when someone has been right for so long, i will give them the benefit of the doubt. icefrog deserves that.

Besides, it's fun when the entire game is shaken up. It's like playing a brand new game. It's a period of discovery and adventure.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 02:12:33
October 24 2013 01:51 GMT
#83683
On October 24 2013 10:43 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 10:22 writer22816 wrote:
On October 24 2013 10:02 PrinceXizor wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:43 teapoted wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)

I think taking the stance that "i'll wait and see if its bad before i comment" is positive rather than bitching like you seem to want.


Good thing you aren't developing the game then. I would very much hope that any major balance changes made to a competitive game were created with concrete purpose in mind beyond "oh let's just change this because it's stale and hope everything goes okay". The Roshan change is a major change and players have a right to expect good reason behind the change. Too bad I have yet to hear such a reason.

LOL. this stuff has been tested for so long. ice frog doesn't just throw DOTA UPDATES out without testing usually extensive amounts of it. also just making up arguments to argue against is pretty dumb.

The testers aren't proplayers tho, else we would have leaks. And if the patches were really tested, the obvious bugs that everyone find after 2 minutes of gameplay every patch release wouldn't exist.
Also for the first time it's actually not icefrog who released this patch. Well he made the patch (certainly), but the symbolic is strong that he wasn't the one to post it.

Also to above, I think IF doesn't explain the changes to just let the players explore and do whatever they want to do with a patch without being influenced. Your roshan logic doesn't work tho, because your argument works both ways. It doesn't prevent stalemate, actually it encourages it. What it also encourage is gambling, which I find a bad thing, at least in theory. Perhaps it'll work in practice because it'll be a trade instead of a gamble.
I think, to answer to what created this debate in the first place, that the original poster was regretting that no one defended this point of view in the show, some of the changes are controversial but the show was in total denial of reality.
Nocticate
Profile Joined May 2013
Vatican City State2902 Posts
October 24 2013 02:05 GMT
#83684
Actually some testers are pro players from what I remember. But he can't do too many pro testers otherwise some teams get unfair advantages.
Chairman Mao tells us imperialist Dota is a paper tiger
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 24 2013 02:10 GMT
#83685
Play testers have a history of not leaking.

The first rule of the test club is you do not talk about the test club.
The second rule of the test club is you DO NOT TALK about the test club.

Last time I heard about people talking inside dota beta testing was on the dota allstars forum. Which was an entire different era in many respects.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
October 24 2013 02:16 GMT
#83686
On October 24 2013 11:10 Mataza wrote:
Play testers have a history of not leaking.

The first rule of the test club is you do not talk about the test club.
The second rule of the test club is you DO NOT TALK about the test club.

Last time I heard about people talking inside dota beta testing was on the dota allstars forum. Which was an entire different era in many respects.

Yeah it makes sense, if someone talks he risks to not be in the next patch test. But it has to be a real fucking fightclub to have zero leak.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
October 24 2013 02:18 GMT
#83687
im sure IF has his own fight club league.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 24 2013 02:20 GMT
#83688
IceFrog used to have a blog on which he answered some mailbag questions.

He used to play element TD when not working on Dota!
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 24 2013 02:47 GMT
#83689
i'm pretty sure he occasionally reads through the playdota site. dev.dota2.com on the otherhand, even EE-sama would show mercy
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
October 24 2013 02:58 GMT
#83690
On October 24 2013 10:37 TheYango wrote:
You don't have the mana to support all 3 orbs' spells, and low level Invoke CD is abusable if your opponent knows you have weak spells invoked.

Low level invoke spells are pretty weak, and most are extremely expensive (meteor, icewall, ghost, suntrike, deafening).
Alacrity looks interesting, but turns out a level 1 forged spirit lasts longer and gives more damage.

Maybe somebody will come up with some clever level 3 or 4 combo.

Cold snap: 90+60 = 150 damage? for 100 mana, +30 per level
icewall: 18 damage
emp: 50 damage, pure, +25 per level
tornado: 115 damage
sunstrike: 100 damage for 175 mana pure, +62.5 per level
chaos meteor: not sure
deafening: 40 damage

RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
October 24 2013 03:15 GMT
#83691
icewall is a lot more than 18 if you land it right because it guarantees at least like 4-5 autoattacks
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 03:20:10
October 24 2013 03:18 GMT
#83692
icewall is like a 20% slow at level 1 quas.
Found that out the hard way.
I thought i was soooooo clever trying to gank the sidelanes with icewall at the early levels...
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
October 24 2013 04:24 GMT
#83693
On October 24 2013 11:16 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 11:10 Mataza wrote:
Play testers have a history of not leaking.

The first rule of the test club is you do not talk about the test club.
The second rule of the test club is you DO NOT TALK about the test club.

Last time I heard about people talking inside dota beta testing was on the dota allstars forum. Which was an entire different era in many respects.

Yeah it makes sense, if someone talks he risks to not be in the next patch test. But it has to be a real fucking fightclub to have zero leak.


Fight Club leaked like crazy :D
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
October 24 2013 04:32 GMT
#83694
On October 24 2013 12:18 PassiveAce wrote:
icewall is like a 20% slow at level 1 quas.
Found that out the hard way.
I thought i was soooooo clever trying to gank the sidelanes with icewall at the early levels...

Might work if you could somehow line it up aiming back to their tower and convince them to run along it the whole way.

Nah, who am I kidding.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 24 2013 05:06 GMT
#83695
So I'm going to try out Broodmother for the first time in 6.79 for a few games, what you guys think my game plan should be?

Go on offlane, leech off XP and try to last hit as much as possible without dying, and split push. Probably won't work in pubs as well as I'd like to, but I hope I manage...

What do you guys think of Tranquils on Brood? Seems good on paper and perfect for going in and out for last hits...
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 24 2013 05:12 GMT
#83696
Tranquils breaks everyone you attack, it's not a good item for her I don't think.
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 24 2013 05:12 GMT
#83697
On October 24 2013 14:06 trinxified wrote:
So I'm going to try out Broodmother for the first time in 6.79 for a few games, what you guys think my game plan should be?

Go on offlane, leech off XP and try to last hit as much as possible without dying, and split push. Probably won't work in pubs as well as I'd like to, but I hope I manage...

What do you guys think of Tranquils on Brood? Seems good on paper and perfect for going in and out for last hits...

Get treads.
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 24 2013 05:26 GMT
#83698
Tranquils are more of a roaming support item imo, there is almost no reason to build it over treads/phase on most laners now.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
October 24 2013 05:27 GMT
#83699
On October 24 2013 14:12 Shaella wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 14:06 trinxified wrote:
So I'm going to try out Broodmother for the first time in 6.79 for a few games, what you guys think my game plan should be?

Go on offlane, leech off XP and try to last hit as much as possible without dying, and split push. Probably won't work in pubs as well as I'd like to, but I hope I manage...

What do you guys think of Tranquils on Brood? Seems good on paper and perfect for going in and out for last hits...

Get treads.

Phaseboots.
Skol
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 24 2013 05:28 GMT
#83700
why phaseboots, wat.
Prev 1 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 88
Nina 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12581
Rain 2182
Artosis 573
White-Ra 186
NaDa 18
Dewaltoss 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever721
NeuroSwarm150
League of Legends
Doublelift4694
Counter-Strike
taco 411
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1454
ArmadaUGS508
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1424
WinterStarcraft450
Other Games
summit1g8779
Day[9].tv679
shahzam664
JimRising 587
C9.Mang0165
Maynarde164
PiGStarcraft148
ViBE145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick919
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv679
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 27m
OSC
11h 27m
Stellar Fest
11h 27m
OSC
22h 27m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.