• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9178 users

General Discussion - Page 4183

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
October 23 2013 20:37 GMT
#83641
On October 24 2013 03:11 Firebolt145 wrote:
If we find a stream that we think would be a good addition to our Featured Streams but we think it unlikely that they'll be able to create an account even if we asked (such as Koreans/Chinese pro players) the staff can manually create a stream listing for them.


Which also requires setting up an account
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
dfs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Russian Federation4050 Posts
October 23 2013 20:38 GMT
#83642
I'll ask him to create an account then.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/Q1jSb9X.jpg (c) Shiro; http://i.imgur.com/lSDLLKb.png (c) drav
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
October 23 2013 21:22 GMT
#83643
Demon & Cyborgmatt will be on Live on Three today/tonight. Talking about patch and shit.

[image loading]
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 21:26:13
October 23 2013 21:25 GMT
#83644
lol, why demon?
Once you Goblak...
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 23 2013 21:26 GMT
#83645
why not Demon
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 21:42:03
October 23 2013 21:26 GMT
#83646
I quite like demon (at times) but he's hardly who I'd expect on a show talking about a patch log. To be fair I don't think Cyborgmatt is that guy either. But Cyborgmatt I'm assuming will be there to talk about general news stuff as well.

I guess it can't be as bad as when singsing was brought on talkdota to talk about a patch. Demon's obviously a veteran for a longer time than I'm sure many new fans realize and knows the game well, but there's a subsection of players who you might follow for their opinions and knowledge about the game and I've never seen Demon as in that camp. (of puppey/fear/maelk/fluff/etc)
Once you Goblak...
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 21:50:00
October 23 2013 21:48 GMT
#83647
I tihnk Demon is fine. He does the picks for the "team" he's in now, he drafted for EG a bit, he's a veteran in the scene. I would like to know his thoughts on the patch more than most other pros. Also, there's a "drama factor" around him, being kicked from EG and eliminating them afterwards with a pubstack, etc.

Cyborgmatt, I dunno... I didn't really learn anything from the "patch analysis" with him, Bruno and Pflax. I'm not sure if he's going to add much to the conversation here. I think any "analytical caster" would be better.
super gg
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
October 23 2013 21:48 GMT
#83648
On October 24 2013 06:26 teapoted wrote:
I guess it can't be as bad as when singsing was brought on talkdota to talk about a patch.

Yeah, was quite dumb of talkdota to bring a player that had not even read the changelog yet onto the show.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 22:09:19
October 23 2013 22:06 GMT
#83649
apparently after my 2 weeks break from dota2, I got 72 charges of reports. Poor all the souls that got matched with me.
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
October 23 2013 23:02 GMT
#83650
I havnt reported anyone in 2 months but I still get the "we have taken action" message all the time.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
ImpromptuGangbang
Profile Joined August 2012
Argentina102 Posts
October 23 2013 23:46 GMT
#83651
I have never ever reported anyone.
Kill em all!
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 23:51:55
October 23 2013 23:49 GMT
#83652
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.

EDIT: What is pooling? Something that was apparently nerfed in .79. But I don't understand what it means. I'll probably come up with more questions lol.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 23:51 GMT
#83653
insight from DeMoN DOTA!....his analysis is pretty good so far
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 23:52 GMT
#83654
On October 24 2013 08:49 ayaz2810 wrote:
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.

-Bottlecrowing is when you transfer the bottle from yourself to the courier, send it back to the fountain to refill itself and finally back to your hero.
-CS = Creep score.
-Naix was the old DotA Wc3 name that people just accepted as a common terminology.
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
October 23 2013 23:53 GMT
#83655
On October 24 2013 08:49 ayaz2810 wrote:
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.


Bottlecrowing - putting an empty bottle on a courier to send it back to fountain, as it will refill back to full charges

CS - creep stats, there was this command in DotA before they made it on by default, -cson

It would show your last hits and denies, so people just simplified both (although they mainly refer to last hits) to cs
ffxiv enjoyer
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 23:54:58
October 23 2013 23:54 GMT
#83656
On October 24 2013 08:52 Kuroeeah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 08:49 ayaz2810 wrote:
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.

-Bottlecrowing is when you transfer the bottle from yourself to the courier, send it back to the fountain to refill itself and finally back to your hero.
-CS = Creep score.
-Naix was the old DotA Wc3 name that people just accepted as a common terminology.



Thanks for the answers! Those all make sense. However, I'm curious to know why sending the courier back with the bottle to refill it a bad thing? Why would anyone want to have it removed/nerfed?
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 23:56:04
October 23 2013 23:55 GMT
#83657
On October 24 2013 08:49 ayaz2810 wrote:
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.

EDIT: What is pooling? Something that was apparently nerfed in .79. But I don't understand what it means. I'll probably come up with more questions lol.


bottle crowing means putting filling the bottle back and forth with the courier.

cs is creep score, its the same as ck=creep kill or lh=last hit.

people call heroes by their names because they got used to it in dota1. i still call venomancer slither cuz im a hon noob.

pooling is supports buying tango/salve for mid offlane or carry players.


edit: stancel too fast too furious
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 23:55 GMT
#83658
On October 24 2013 08:54 ayaz2810 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 08:52 Kuroeeah wrote:
On October 24 2013 08:49 ayaz2810 wrote:
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.

-Bottlecrowing is when you transfer the bottle from yourself to the courier, send it back to the fountain to refill itself and finally back to your hero.
-CS = Creep score.
-Naix was the old DotA Wc3 name that people just accepted as a common terminology.



Thanks for the answers! Those all make sense. However, why is sending the courier back with the bottle to refill it a bad thing? Why would anyone want to have it removed?

For your team, your hogging the courier if you're consistently doing it which sort of screws your teammates that needs items.

For reasons why people want it removed, people would say it's impossible to die in mid lane anymore ever since people started to bottle crow and removes skill from the game.
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
October 23 2013 23:57 GMT
#83659
On October 24 2013 08:55 Kuroeeah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 08:54 ayaz2810 wrote:
On October 24 2013 08:52 Kuroeeah wrote:
On October 24 2013 08:49 ayaz2810 wrote:
Questions: What does bottle crowing mean? I can't find an answer on google anywhere. Why do people call last hits cs (I think that's what they mean when they say cs anyway). Why do people call some heroes by their names (like people calling lifestealer naix for some weird reason)? So much weird terminology that makes a newer player like me (~200 games) very confused very fast.

-Bottlecrowing is when you transfer the bottle from yourself to the courier, send it back to the fountain to refill itself and finally back to your hero.
-CS = Creep score.
-Naix was the old DotA Wc3 name that people just accepted as a common terminology.



Thanks for the answers! Those all make sense. However, why is sending the courier back with the bottle to refill it a bad thing? Why would anyone want to have it removed?

For your team, your hogging the courier if you're consistently doing it which sort of screws your teammates that needs items.

For reasons why people want it removed, people would say it's impossible to die in mid lane anymore ever since people started to bottle crow and removes skill from the game.


Again, makes perfect sense. I feel like I can understand twice as much as I did 10 minutes ago when reading threads lol. Thanks for that
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 24 2013 00:01 GMT
#83660
For future reference, there is a thread for this:
simple question, yango answers

Though sometimes I get the impression that easy questions are put in the GD and the theorycrafting is done in the simple questions thread.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Prev 1 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12525
Rain 2119
Artosis 535
White-Ra 202
ToSsGirL 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm126
League of Legends
Doublelift4830
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1670
ArmadaUGS604
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1284
WinterStarcraft382
Other Games
summit1g8317
shahzam740
Day[9].tv678
JimRising 530
C9.Mang0302
Maynarde149
ViBE149
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• davetesta31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1274
• Day9tv678
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 5m
OSC
12h 5m
Stellar Fest
12h 5m
OSC
23h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.