• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8829 users

General Discussion - Page 4181

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kelberot
Profile Joined July 2010
Brazil364 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 14:18:15
October 23 2013 13:58 GMT
#83601
On October 23 2013 22:27 LeLoup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 22:21 Kelberot wrote:
Eh. I said this the other day and I'll say it again, the perma phase under the web for her AND the spiderlings makes her extremely deadly after 6 vs almost anything that doesn't kill the spiderlings too fast. I can see pubs failing to realize this though.

Also, haven't seen DP yet, forgot she was buffed. Time to try her :D


and again, the spiderlings don't have phase.

that being said I doubt any of the people that are saying it doesn't make a difference have ever played brood. let me make this clear. now unless you get the jump on her and have dust you can't kill her. her win rate before was at 40%. a 3% increase is pretty significant because she is in no way a pub friendly hero. before she was literally unplayable, now she's at least able to be picked.


Eh, really? I think I got in one game more surrounds than I ever did in war3, it felt way too easy for the spiderlings not to be phased. Either way just having passive phase makes it extremely easy I suppose.

[edit]

just tested, yup. also you can still blink with omnislash
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
October 23 2013 14:08 GMT
#83602
Do quelling blades one shot wards? I've never actually used that feature. I'm been thinking in my head constantly for how to abuse Broodmother with the patch. For the off lane, can you walk in the forest, cut a tree, and place down a sentry? Then just quelling blade any sentries in the lane. And then with soul ring you don't need to even step out of the forest and just CS with spiderlings.
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
October 23 2013 14:12 GMT
#83603
Also, getting a veil of discord is pretty smooth now. The recipe is still expensive as hell but I managed to get with some kills on support Ogre Magi and it's pretty hilarious with a multicast and a smooth 500 damage on ignite without getting lucky. I like this hero for dual laning.
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
October 23 2013 14:12 GMT
#83604
On October 23 2013 23:08 Gentso wrote:
Do quelling blades one shot wards? I've never actually used that feature. I'm been thinking in my head constantly for how to abuse Broodmother with the patch. For the off lane, can you walk in the forest, cut a tree, and place down a sentry? Then just quelling blade any sentries in the lane. And then with soul ring you don't need to even step out of the forest and just CS with spiderlings.


qb two shots wards
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 15:12:03
October 23 2013 14:35 GMT
#83605
http://www.twitch.tv/ZyoriTV

first episode of an attempted radio show kind of thing just started, currently trying mon-fri 10am est to see how it works out.

Aui guesting today, patch chat, recent matches, etc
ImpromptuGangbang
Profile Joined August 2012
Argentina102 Posts
October 23 2013 14:37 GMT
#83606
Broodmother is one of the most broken mid heroes right now.

Skill level 2 web at level 3. You get all the runes uncontested and if you are radiant you can farm both neutral camps with spiderlings.

Can u stack ancients with spiderlings? Let's say 4 or 5 of them. Because ulti let's you kill ancients quite fast lol.

I'm currently experimenting between phase/drums or treads/vlads builds.

Fun thing is that I am not using spiderlings to push but to farm. Only to apply pressure at the 10 and 15 minute marks. I'm not a big fan of the Orchid build but the straight bkb rush after vlads or drums make her quite dangerous. Bitch hits like a truck.

Just ban Beastmaster and you are set.
Kill em all!
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
October 23 2013 14:39 GMT
#83607
On October 23 2013 23:35 Asha` wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/ZyoriTV

first episode of an attempted radio show kind of thing just started, currently trying mon-fri 10am est to see how it works out.

Aui guesting today, patch chat, recent matches, etc


rasta stephano on stream
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
October 23 2013 14:45 GMT
#83608
It'd be great if we could move the broodmother discussion to the proper thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=399649
Moderator
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 14:58 GMT
#83609
I wish there was an option that would allow us to have proper visuals for auras. I'm pretty sure the reason why Valve decided agaisnt this is because of visual clutter.
iokke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1179 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 15:17:57
October 23 2013 15:17 GMT
#83610
The new sound for when the match is found is really annoying for me, especially since it does not shot off when you hit accept. At least it does not seem to be as loud i guess
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down. rerereredit.. I never get it right the 1st time
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
October 23 2013 15:22 GMT
#83611
On October 23 2013 23:58 Kuroeeah wrote:
I wish there was an option that would allow us to have proper visuals for auras. I'm pretty sure the reason why Valve decided agaisnt this is because of visual clutter.


its simply not needed. last thing we need is dota2 to be more colorful, its already very colorful.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 23 2013 15:27 GMT
#83612
On October 24 2013 00:17 iokke wrote:
The new sound for when the match is found is really annoying for me, especially since it does not shot off when you hit accept. At least it does not seem to be as loud i guess


If they had just cut the sound after the first set of drums, I think it would be perfect. But it just goes on way too long.
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
October 23 2013 15:34 GMT
#83613
On October 24 2013 00:22 aintz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 23:58 Kuroeeah wrote:
I wish there was an option that would allow us to have proper visuals for auras. I'm pretty sure the reason why Valve decided agaisnt this is because of visual clutter.


its simply not needed. last thing we need is dota2 to be more colorful, its already very colorful.

that's a pretty subjective opinion.

I for one would welcome aura visuals.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
October 23 2013 15:36 GMT
#83614
The only problem I have with the new "match is ready" sound is that it's too low and I can't hear it when I'm alt tabbed.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 23 2013 15:41 GMT
#83615
On October 23 2013 23:37 ImpromptuGangbang wrote:
Broodmother is one of the most broken mid heroes right now.

Skill level 2 web at level 3. You get all the runes uncontested and if you are radiant you can farm both neutral camps with spiderlings.

Can u stack ancients with spiderlings? Let's say 4 or 5 of them. Because ulti let's you kill ancients quite fast lol.

I'm currently experimenting between phase/drums or treads/vlads builds.

Fun thing is that I am not using spiderlings to push but to farm. Only to apply pressure at the 10 and 15 minute marks. I'm not a big fan of the Orchid build but the straight bkb rush after vlads or drums make her quite dangerous. Bitch hits like a truck.

Just ban Beastmaster and you are set.

Broodmother has always been like top 3 1v1 mid heroes in the game, even when nobody played her. That isn't new to this patch at all.
Moderator
Daozzt
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1263 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 15:48:15
October 23 2013 15:44 GMT
#83616
On October 24 2013 00:22 aintz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 23:58 Kuroeeah wrote:
I wish there was an option that would allow us to have proper visuals for auras. I'm pretty sure the reason why Valve decided agaisnt this is because of visual clutter.


its simply not needed. last thing we need is dota2 to be more colorful, its already very colorful.


I dunno, the auras looked pretty damn cool in WC3 dota.

Also broodmother is still ass. She still has problems actually doing shit/fighting head on and the only difference is you can't kill her as easily. The only way you win is if your team is good enough to do well 4v5 and the other team constantly feeds you kills in lane. This also explains the 40 ---> 45% wr since the patch. She got +2 in her running away capabilities, but doesn't address the hero issues.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
October 23 2013 15:47 GMT
#83617
On October 24 2013 00:36 BlitzerSC wrote:
The only problem I have with the new "match is ready" sound is that it's too low and I can't hear it when I'm alt tabbed.


Its loud enough for me, but clicking accept should mute the thing. Don't see why after accepting the game I have to listen to it for 10 more seconds, that's just annoying =P
LiquidDota Staff
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
October 23 2013 15:51 GMT
#83618
its trying to get you psyched, kinda like the csgo music when you launch the game.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
October 23 2013 15:53 GMT
#83619
I don't need to be psyched and I might be listening to something else like music, a podcast, or a video that I'd obviously rather hear more than some drum getting louder...
LiquidDota Staff
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 15:53 GMT
#83620
Broodmother being a poor team fighter is a part of the hero's design (safe assumption). If the lane goes her way by forcing the person laning against her out, she will easy push her lane unless a gank is called for. Gank attempts on Broodmother is alot easier to deal with because of her clowny web change and if the enemy has to deal with you, your presumably creating really good space for your teammates.

That's my view on Broodmother. She's a space creator at her best and at her worst she isn't really anything.
Prev 1 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12348
Rain 1222
Artosis 670
White-Ra 214
ToSsGirL 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever572
NeuroSwarm152
League of Legends
Doublelift4827
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
Other Games
summit1g8882
Grubby2590
ArmadaUGS667
shahzam651
Day[9].tv521
JimRising 515
C9.Mang0308
ViBE134
Maynarde124
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• davetesta35
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1376
• Day9tv521
• Shiphtur276
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h
OSC
13h
Stellar Fest
13h
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.