• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9178 users

General Discussion - Page 4184

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 24 2013 00:03 GMT
#83661
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
October 24 2013 00:09 GMT
#83662
I don't know what all the talk about the previous patch being static is about. New heroes came out and people hadn't even figured that shit out before the patch came out.
Once you Goblak...
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 24 2013 00:12 GMT
#83663
blink pudge tough to script for in the wc3 engine? what matt?
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 00:16:31
October 24 2013 00:16 GMT
#83664
He means to script to make it non-abusable.

I mean the current patch could have probably been made any time, it's sort of a shitty fix to be honest.
Once you Goblak...
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 24 2013 00:16 GMT
#83665
oh god blink Pudge can be annoying.
Administrator
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 24 2013 00:22 GMT
#83666
yeah I have a hard time adapting to the blink change. Veng could be so elusive now in a hand of good player... and I was facing one the other day :'(
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
October 24 2013 00:28 GMT
#83667
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a way to replace that annoying drum sound?
Writer
pedrlz
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil5234 Posts
October 24 2013 00:35 GMT
#83668
On October 24 2013 09:28 Souma wrote:
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a way to replace that annoying drum sound?

yes

tweet #bullshitdrums or something like that
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 00:53:04
October 24 2013 00:43 GMT
#83669
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)
Once you Goblak...
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
October 24 2013 00:52 GMT
#83670
Am I crazy or is it not possible to tell if people queued together anymore? I know that it was showing for a day or two, I can't remember exactly looking at it.
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 00:53:49
October 24 2013 00:53 GMT
#83671
On October 24 2013 09:52 Nevuk wrote:
Am I crazy or is it not possible to tell if people queued together anymore? I know that it was showing for a day or two, I can't remember exactly looking at it.

It shows up when the game ends. Makes sense since it now gives players who complain the excuse, "Oh, we lost because the other team was a 5 stack."
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
October 24 2013 01:02 GMT
#83672
On October 24 2013 09:43 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)

I think taking the stance that "i'll wait and see if its bad before i comment" is positive rather than bitching like you seem to want.
ViZe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1513 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 01:13:14
October 24 2013 01:06 GMT
#83673
What do you guys do for your item/skill builds on sniper?

I randomed him the other day and just kind of bought random shit - Aquila, Phase, Drums, Maelstrom into Manta and Skadi and Daedalus. I definitely would purchase something like butterfly or desolator over the skadi next time but honestly nothing felt like it had a huge effect on my usefulness. Only thing that was somewhat obvious to me was aquila phase.

As for skill build I went for the double passive build. However, I now think that going for the Shrapnel>take aim build with 1 level in headshot that I did last time I played him would have been better. Especially since i wasn't really laning vs anyone.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 01:33:04
October 24 2013 01:18 GMT
#83674
On October 24 2013 10:02 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 09:43 teapoted wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)

I think taking the stance that "i'll wait and see if its bad before i comment" is positive rather than bitching like you seem to want.
There's a difference between having concerns and bitching. And I haven't heard anyone who I trust with Dota analysis (like f.e Fluff) not have any concerns about this patch.
Once you Goblak...
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
October 24 2013 01:22 GMT
#83675
On October 24 2013 10:02 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 09:43 teapoted wrote:
On October 24 2013 09:03 Kuroeeah wrote:
When demon is serious about analysis and isn't being boneheaded about things, he's very insightful and smart about the game especially because he is experienced as a competitive player.

When demon is YOLO, #egslayer2013, #fitnessdedicated>MLGqualifiers well..
Yeah I don't know that whole thing played out pretty much as I thought it would and still I feel the same about guest choice.

Not that he was wrong about anything or was 'being a bonehead', but compared to like the people I mentioned previously, it's a different level of analysis. I can't say I heard anything new or interesting, if anything I think people were way too kind on all the changes. Hell Cyborgmatt sounds like he's paid by icefrog the amount of skirting around finding faults. I mean specifically asked 'what was bad or what would you like to have changed' and that 'vanguard wasn't buffed enough'.

The game aint perfect. Like the Roshan change was only looked at as a positive when there's also the quite obvious situation where it can affect the winner of a game by random chance. You win a team-fight, you can't take rosh until the enemy respawns. A different day you take Rosh and it changes the game. Or another scenario like today you have a support sitting there for 3 minutes waiting, that's not interesting gameplay. I'm not saying it's 100% a negative change, but it was just such a rose-tinted view.

A lot of people have taken issue with several things in this patch and they made it sound like everyone's fine with everything. (although granted compared to other gaming communities reaction to change then people are very happy with changes, but that's just how the dota community is)

I think taking the stance that "i'll wait and see if its bad before i comment" is positive rather than bitching like you seem to want.


Good thing you aren't developing the game then. I would very much hope that any major balance changes made to a competitive game were created with concrete purpose in mind beyond "oh let's just change this because it's stale and hope everything goes okay". The Roshan change is a major change and players have a right to expect good reason behind the change. Too bad I have yet to hear such a reason.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 01:31:01
October 24 2013 01:24 GMT
#83676
And why is it okay to say if something is good but not bad before X amount of time has passed? They are both forms of assessment which are equally wrong if made uninformed.

In fact at least in my industry unwarranted positive review is a lot more destructive than negative. Neither are 'bitching', you look at something, you have an opinion. That's all it is.

And I think if someone looks at all those patch notes and don't find something that could be a concern, they're not looking very deeply. I'm sure even Icefrog thinks some of those things could be a concern. (if not then heroes would never be removed from CM, and that's just the extreme cases)
Once you Goblak...
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 24 2013 01:26 GMT
#83677
Broodmother this patch is such a trash can to play against, unkillable unless you can chain stuns. Was queuing in high and then a losing streak brought me back to normal , finished the night off with a guy stealing my items off courier and selling them.

Having a tough time adjusting to the patch to be honest.
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
October 24 2013 01:28 GMT
#83678
I'm seeing most invokers this patch go exort quas with out any points in wex at all to rush double forged spirits. Why don't players go 1-1-1-1 at level 4 instead? Level 1 Alacrity gives 20 damage for 9 seconds with a 15 second cooldown and yet, I don't see any players use it to last hit/harass early on.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 24 2013 01:37 GMT
#83679
You don't have the mana to support all 3 orbs' spells, and low level Invoke CD is abusable if your opponent knows you have weak spells invoked.
Moderator
ViZe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1513 Posts
October 24 2013 01:40 GMT
#83680
You would only gain 9 extra damage temporarily at a cost of mana if you took wex over exort
Prev 1 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12525
Rain 2119
Artosis 535
White-Ra 202
ToSsGirL 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm126
League of Legends
Doublelift4830
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1670
ArmadaUGS604
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1284
WinterStarcraft382
Other Games
summit1g8317
shahzam740
Day[9].tv678
JimRising 530
C9.Mang0302
Maynarde149
ViBE149
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• davetesta31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1274
• Day9tv678
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 5m
OSC
12h 5m
Stellar Fest
12h 5m
OSC
23h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.