• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:22
CEST 14:22
KST 21:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9773 users

General Discussion - Page 4153

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
October 18 2013 15:42 GMT
#83041
On October 19 2013 00:41 Painmaker wrote:
Now that you say mention it I had to check, and it was 144 cs in a 44 minute game, so yea... I lied I'm pretty bad at cs'ing

hahahahaha
DAT HONESTY
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 18 2013 15:44 GMT
#83042
I dont' think I get 144 cs in most 44 min games either so you are good to go
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Painmaker
Profile Joined December 2010
Uruguay230 Posts
October 18 2013 15:45 GMT
#83043
Want more honesty? I got 34 cs in a 31 minute game... still won hehe
It's a good day to die
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
October 18 2013 15:46 GMT
#83044
On October 19 2013 00:41 Painmaker wrote:
Now that you say mention it I had to check, and it was 144 cs in a 44 minute game, so yea... I lied I'm pretty bad at cs'ing

It'll come though I think cs'ing is one of the most important factors, no matter what role you intend to play. Sure, it's less important for a support, but in pubs (which is all we ever play) you'll often find enough chances to lasthit, so making sure you don't miss free gold is crucial
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
October 18 2013 15:51 GMT
#83045
CS'ing on a hard carry in pubs really comes down to team mates more than anything, imo. They need to prevent the harass, ward, make space, be the right team comp, etc. I get frustrated a lot trying to CS in weird pub games where we don't run standard tri lane / off lane comps.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 18 2013 15:52 GMT
#83046
On October 18 2013 22:46 Ryrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 18:43 KezseN wrote:
The amount of elitists is high in this place

The only circlejerk bigger than the elitists is the anti elitist circlejerk

I think they are both of equal volume. It's likely best to just accept change and try to enjoy all the new stuff. I am sure all the people who have played dota for years have the skills learn the mew stuff pretty quickly.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Painmaker
Profile Joined December 2010
Uruguay230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 15:54:51
October 18 2013 15:52 GMT
#83047
Yeah, I'm guessing that if it's a close game, cs'ing becomes really important, there's no time for that when everyone is dying everywhere... those free kills shouldn't go to waste :D

EDIT: I still haven't seen a standard compsition, the only rule of thumb everyone seems to follow is to send a ranged hero mid... after that, it's like the wild west
It's a good day to die
Cool Cat
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1644 Posts
October 18 2013 16:03 GMT
#83048
why do people keep ring of regen instead of ring of protection after disassembling tranquils
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 18 2013 16:10 GMT
#83049
Regen builds into better stuff than protection does.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 18 2013 16:14 GMT
#83050
About support skeleton king. He's a WAY worse support now than before with Mortal Strike. Mortal Strike was a skill that you put one skill point into and it was amazing. You don't have that now... Although, I do think that the aura should be pretty damn sick with Shadowfiend, Drow and Luna. Like... if they get a helm of dom, and have the skele aura active, they're going to be stealing so much damn life. Still doesn't beat a percentage based, low mana cost, HP stealing nuke that you need to invest just one point into. not even close.

Also, I'm worried that Pudge will become a stable pro pick now. Blink into Bite + Rot is not a bad initiation, and you still have hook on CD. I think that would suck, because it would really spoil the magic of Pudge and Dendi Pudge in particular.
super gg
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 18 2013 16:20 GMT
#83051
even with blink pudge is still more or less a hero that you need to do well in early or you fall behind and lose, it's true to competitive games as well.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
October 18 2013 16:22 GMT
#83052
On October 19 2013 00:45 Painmaker wrote:
Want more honesty? I got 34 cs in a 31 minute game... still won hehe

Don't worry, some games everyone finish at 50cs despite the time being 25min. It's just the tempo of the game.

Also its funny comparing reddit to teamliquid when reddit is a shithole when it comes to anything but funny pictures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 18 2013 16:35 GMT
#83053
TL's reaction to the patch ahve been hillarious

I've seen people saying they should make dota more like LoL and stuff, its fucking hillarious
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 18 2013 16:48 GMT
#83054
Hey, I had 190 cs at 20 minutes on AM and I almost threw the game. While it's good to have mechanics you also need to learn to not be an idiot like me
Administrator
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 18 2013 16:48 GMT
#83055
On October 19 2013 01:35 Shaella wrote:
TL's reaction to the patch ahve been hillarious

I've seen people saying they should make dota more like LoL and stuff, its fucking hillarious

It's been fun to watch and I like the comments about the patch being "casual friendly". Dota 2 might be the lease casual friendly game out right now and no patch is going to change that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ViZe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1513 Posts
October 18 2013 16:51 GMT
#83056
On October 19 2013 00:45 Painmaker wrote:
Want more honesty? I got 34 cs in a 31 minute game... still won hehe


That's more like it.

seriously though cs is just a number. Unless you're having a contest it means nothing out of context. I wouldn't worry about it being too low if your team ends up winning. Obviously being good at lasthitting is a beneficial skill but I think there are definitely more important things for new players. Having 200 cs at 20 minutes is nice but if you can't use that mass of gold well it is really pretty useless
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
October 18 2013 16:52 GMT
#83057
On October 19 2013 00:51 Gentso wrote:
CS'ing on a hard carry in pubs really comes down to team mates more than anything, imo. They need to prevent the harass, ward, make space, be the right team comp, etc. I get frustrated a lot trying to CS in weird pub games where we don't run standard tri lane / off lane comps.

I almost consider it's bm to pick a hard carry which requires your whole team to be your bitch. Besides there are tons of builds which allows some heroes to not be deadweight for 30+ minutes, like mana boots dagger tiny, phase drum spectre with max desolate is ridiculously strong when she hits level 7/8 etc etc, in fact outside of PL, void and AM I feel other heroes can really play their game without being the main focus of their own team.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 18 2013 16:57 GMT
#83058
I think huge nerf on Brewmaster's Agh's upgrade...

It's probably not worth rushing nor getting it at all.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 18 2013 17:06 GMT
#83059
On October 19 2013 01:57 trinxified wrote:
I think huge nerf on Brewmaster's Agh's upgrade...

It's probably not worth rushing nor getting it at all.

It's micro powered now. You can stun into thunder clap and use the booze throwing power as well. The cool downs are also independent if the normal abilities. I am going to enjoy watching high level Players use him.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 18 2013 17:08 GMT
#83060
Its a huge buff lol your teamfight presence is way bigger with sceptre lol. The key issue only being that you don't scale so long in ult so you need to hit timings with the sceptre now.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
Rex89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko353
ProTech143
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41952
Jaedong 959
Hyuk 894
Soma 480
actioN 478
Soulkey 387
Horang2 385
EffOrt 349
BeSt 326
Mini 311
[ Show more ]
Light 265
Zeus 242
Last 217
Larva 214
Stork 213
910 191
Snow 131
ggaemo 121
Rush 110
Pusan 91
ZerO 77
Mind 61
Creator 48
Mong 45
Killer 38
hero 38
Sharp 34
Shinee 32
Yoon 29
Free 29
Bale 27
Shine 24
HiyA 16
Noble 13
sorry 12
yabsab 11
Sacsri 9
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6906
Dendi692
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1729
markeloff125
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1434
Other Games
gofns39559
singsing1876
B2W.Neo525
XBOCT298
Pyrionflax272
DeMusliM224
byalli187
hiko156
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1279
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream208
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1377
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
38m
The PondCast
21h 38m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.