On October 18 2013 14:55 KlaCkoN wrote: Does anyone else think the tranqs change totally killed PL? I simply can't seem to theory craft a working build for him now. Before tranguils were in the game vanguard was less shitty and drums did not exist but as of today treads + vanguard is just so much worse than tranqs + drums that I dont see how he could possibly be playable anymore. This makes me sad Spectre is fine without tranqs, her being in every won skirmish makes urn great. However since defensive trilaning is nerfed to hell and back I dont think she is playable anymore either. LD is fine, phase boots and no extra sustain was totally fine before tranguils existed and will be again albeit slightly less optimal. We get a cheaper hyperstone and even better radiance to make up for it.
? Just build treads and fucking be a man.
I just dont see how to make do without some sort of sustain. Especially in a highly contested 2v2 lane, but also further on in the midgame, unless you want to tp to every single team fight at two thirds HP. And without tranqs your options for sustain are, casual RoH, vanguard or hood. All are bullshit choices, vanguard slightly less so than the others but it's still bullshit.
On October 18 2013 15:28 KlaCkoN wrote: New patch kind of killed tranquils for carries... unless I am massively missing something.
thats the point
illusions are weak unless you have some dec ehp items on pl (getting to level 11 helps tho because of the illusion rate). still i dont see this change destroying pl lol
So it's just forcing game to be more agressive and more 'mobile', I like the idea. Roshan spawn timing is good change, also the buyback one. Good, good.
On October 18 2013 15:30 LuckoftheIrish wrote: True enough. On the other hand they keep most of the MS and the armor. That sweet, sweet armor. So for, say, Lone Druid, they'll be the bee's nuts and the mutt's knees.
Would you actually get them on LD? In order to make use of the heal effect your main bear needs to not hit a creep for like 1 minute. I honestly think that would slow down farming enough that just ferrying in a salve would be cheaper. The armour and ms are good enough to consider even without the heal but I still think I'll get phases instead.
On October 18 2013 14:55 KlaCkoN wrote: Does anyone else think the tranqs change totally killed PL? I simply can't seem to theory craft a working build for him now. Before tranguils were in the game vanguard was less shitty and drums did not exist but as of today treads + vanguard is just so much worse than tranqs + drums that I dont see how he could possibly be playable anymore. This makes me sad Spectre is fine without tranqs, her being in every won skirmish makes urn great. However since defensive trilaning is nerfed to hell and back I dont think she is playable anymore either. LD is fine, phase boots and no extra sustain was totally fine before tranguils existed and will be again albeit slightly less optimal. We get a cheaper hyperstone and even better radiance to make up for it.
? Just build treads and fucking be a man.
I just dont see how to make do without some sort of sustain. Especially in a highly contested 2v2 lane, but also further on in the midgame, unless you want to tp to every single team fight at two thirds HP. And without tranqs your options for sustain are, casual RoH, vanguard or hood. All are bullshit choices, vanguard slightly less so than the others but it's still bullshit.
? Tank with illu
On October 18 2013 15:28 KlaCkoN wrote: New patch kind of killed tranquils for carries... unless I am massively missing something.
thats the point
illusions are weak unless you have some dec ehp items on pl (getting to level 11 helps tho because of the illusion rate). still i dont see this change destroying pl lol
they tank 3/4 hits each. With the AS from treads you can usually gen enough to be solid, and you can use treadswapping to pump out some sweet sweet xtra lances
On October 18 2013 14:55 KlaCkoN wrote: Does anyone else think the tranqs change totally killed PL? I simply can't seem to theory craft a working build for him now. Before tranguils were in the game vanguard was less shitty and drums did not exist but as of today treads + vanguard is just so much worse than tranqs + drums that I dont see how he could possibly be playable anymore. This makes me sad Spectre is fine without tranqs, her being in every won skirmish makes urn great. However since defensive trilaning is nerfed to hell and back I dont think she is playable anymore either. LD is fine, phase boots and no extra sustain was totally fine before tranguils existed and will be again albeit slightly less optimal. We get a cheaper hyperstone and even better radiance to make up for it.
? Just build treads and fucking be a man.
I just dont see how to make do without some sort of sustain. Especially in a highly contested 2v2 lane, but also further on in the midgame, unless you want to tp to every single team fight at two thirds HP. And without tranqs your options for sustain are, casual RoH, vanguard or hood. All are bullshit choices, vanguard slightly less so than the others but it's still bullshit.
? Tank with illu
On October 18 2013 15:28 KlaCkoN wrote: New patch kind of killed tranquils for carries... unless I am massively missing something.
thats the point
illusions are weak unless you have some dec ehp items on pl (getting to level 11 helps tho because of the illusion rate). still i dont see this change destroying pl lol
they tank 3/4 hits each. With the AS from treads you can usually gen enough to be solid, and you can use treadswapping to pump out some sweet sweet xtra lances
this is going to spawn into that "PL needs tranquil to be viable" debate again...
i'm on your side though i like treads a lot more and never really found myself in a problem where I die without tranquils sustain.
On October 18 2013 14:55 KlaCkoN wrote: Does anyone else think the tranqs change totally killed PL? I simply can't seem to theory craft a working build for him now. Before tranguils were in the game vanguard was less shitty and drums did not exist but as of today treads + vanguard is just so much worse than tranqs + drums that I dont see how he could possibly be playable anymore. This makes me sad Spectre is fine without tranqs, her being in every won skirmish makes urn great. However since defensive trilaning is nerfed to hell and back I dont think she is playable anymore either. LD is fine, phase boots and no extra sustain was totally fine before tranguils existed and will be again albeit slightly less optimal. We get a cheaper hyperstone and even better radiance to make up for it.
? Just build treads and fucking be a man.
I just dont see how to make do without some sort of sustain. Especially in a highly contested 2v2 lane, but also further on in the midgame, unless you want to tp to every single team fight at two thirds HP. And without tranqs your options for sustain are, casual RoH, vanguard or hood. All are bullshit choices, vanguard slightly less so than the others but it's still bullshit.
? Tank with illu
On October 18 2013 15:28 KlaCkoN wrote: New patch kind of killed tranquils for carries... unless I am massively missing something.
thats the point
illusions are weak unless you have some dec ehp items on pl (getting to level 11 helps tho because of the illusion rate). still i dont see this change destroying pl lol
they tank 3/4 hits each. With the AS from treads you can usually gen enough to be solid, and you can use treadswapping to pump out some sweet sweet xtra lances
Yeah sure, if you are careful you will be able to do complete afk farming while remaining at full hp. Laning is still a bitch, a dodged gank or an enemy hero showing up at all means you will still tp to the next major fight at two thirds hp. I dont know it might be doable and I will have to test it but I dont think it will work out smoothly.
On October 18 2013 15:30 LuckoftheIrish wrote: True enough. On the other hand they keep most of the MS and the armor. That sweet, sweet armor. So for, say, Lone Druid, they'll be the bee's nuts and the mutt's knees.
They deactivate for 13 seconds everytime you attack, these will only be used on roaming supports, they will literally never work for an auto attacker. Unless they only deactivate when you attack heroes and not creeps.
i wouldnt mind pl having life a bit harder for a change. the hero just walks around the map with tranquils for about half a hour and than an army is knocking on the front door of your base.
You know back in 2011 I despised AM pickers (the hero pool then and several other factors made him annoying to deal with).
PL + KOTL pickers when he was popular in the meta gave me a whole new meaning to the word hatred.
On October 18 2013 13:32 Ryrmidon wrote: More default gold income, less jungle exp, and some pretty over the top abilities (Bloodseeker moving at lightning speed, Slark ulti being immune to true sight, Skywrath 0 CD ulti with Agha, Brood moving through terrain anywhere, etc).
I really hope valve doesnt take dota in a direction where the game's balanced by giving all heroes stupidly strong, over the top abilities, and elements of split push, map control, vision and farming space replaced by non stop fighting.
I feel like more toned down heroes help differentiate players and actually make the game more interesting as a spectator.
Don't get me wrong, I've loved Dota so far and I think Icefrog and company have done an amazing job so far, but this patch feels like a step in the wrong direction. A hero with 1k movement speed doesn't really belong in the game imo.
Toned down? Dota never was toned down. The high skill methodical play you so love will still exist. Just expect it to be more in the direction of NaVi teamfight and gank execution than stalling and farming Alliance.
It will be so rewarding to see one team camping at rosh, waiting for respawn while the other is just going around pushing towers. To guarantee Roshan you now sacrifice up to 3 minutes of map control. Which sounds like a bad trade, so hopefully people will be having less cold wars around Roshan.
Also the era of Necronomicons. Slight duration buff, 2 of the main counters removed(HotD and Midas). It's much easier to make predictions about items. New Linken's Sphere is a support item. Who can say 5x spell shield?
But who else thinks Night Stalker might be competitive material again? Ulti reduces sight by 25%, night starts at 4:00, which is before anyone is lvl 6, usually. Also the short night makes his ultimate more important to get asap. Agha Nightstalker new meta.
On October 18 2013 15:30 LuckoftheIrish wrote: True enough. On the other hand they keep most of the MS and the armor. That sweet, sweet armor. So for, say, Lone Druid, they'll be the bee's nuts and the mutt's knees.
Would you actually get them on LD? In order to make use of the heal effect your main bear needs to not hit a creep for like 1 minute. I honestly think that would slow down farming enough that just ferrying in a salve would be cheaper. The armour and ms are good enough to consider even without the heal but I still think I'll get phases instead.
Absolutely. Phase on the bear, Tranquils on the hero. Having the 4 extra armor in teamfights will be pretty nice, especially since you don't have to pay extra for it, and you'll have extra movespeed to boot.
On October 18 2013 15:30 LuckoftheIrish wrote: True enough. On the other hand they keep most of the MS and the armor. That sweet, sweet armor. So for, say, Lone Druid, they'll be the bee's nuts and the mutt's knees.
They deactivate for 13 seconds everytime you attack, these will only be used on roaming supports, they will literally never work for an auto attacker. Unless they only deactivate when you attack heroes and not creeps.
Or in the case of Lone Druid, who can use his bear to attack things for him, and when they get deactivated in a teamfight he'll have more movespeed and more armor than he does now.
On October 18 2013 15:16 Kuroeeah wrote: some of the guys that's been around long enough remember the era of vanguard?
anyways i don't really have an opinion on the patch even though it's going to change the game rather drastically and the implications of some of these changes will make it one of the biggest balance patch n the game's history. i have several negative impressions based on several of these changes but in icefrog we trust.
and seriously try to have faith in the icefrog. he does more things right for the game than he does wrong.
im fine with most of the changes, 6.75/6.76 were worse changelogs imo (alch, batrider, centaur, magnataur, drow ranger, gyrocopter, PL, abbadon, naix, nyx, sven...) . the only thing i really dislike about dota right now are certain heroes like huskar and OD that are annoying to the vast majority of the hero pool and the stupid offlane situation (which the current patch tries to deal with)
Ganking meepo with 1-1-1-1 boots and oov at level 4? Tranquils would be a beast there is no way to run against 305 + 60/85 movespeed and 17 pct slow and the 4 armor helps you survive.
I'm so fucking excited for 5 second Aghas Rubick. I just have no idea how to get the aghas up, but it'd make him potentially a monster in teamfights, having his own spells, plus a stored spell, plus two or three more spells over the course of the teamfight.
Speaking of aghas ult.. Oh god, black hole. 56% of max hp, plus 280-560 damage for a full duration aghas + midnight pulse black hole? Goddamn...
I'm assuming the tether range of the small camp will be changed for radiant's small camp, when it switches places with the pull camp. As it is now I'm not even sure if it'd be possible to pull the small camp from that position close enough to pull the wave.