i have the best intentions possible ofc
General Discussion - Page 4145
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
FinestHour
United States18466 Posts
i have the best intentions possible ofc | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
On September 11 2013 04:48 Sn0_Man wrote: TBH I'd be just as happy if veil got somewhat more comprehensively redone in terms of item requirements, but for a very simple buff/change that makes more sense (to me), swapping talisman for robe (and changing the recipe cost correspondingly) makes a lot of sense to me. I disagree that veil is "underpowered" or "too expensive", it is merely awkwardly positioned and unpopular right now, something that might be somewhat rectified by this change. Ehuehuehue a month ago ![]() | ||
|
TheEmulator
28103 Posts
![]() I hardly ever use it, my most recent pic on it is from grade 11 or something, which was 5-6 years ago. I usually log on to wish family a HB, that's about it. | ||
|
Mataza
Germany5364 Posts
What the hell will happen in 6.80 then? Think about it. + Show Spoiler + ![]() | ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
| ||
|
Gosi
Sweden9072 Posts
| ||
|
TheEmulator
28103 Posts
On October 18 2013 06:31 aintz wrote: 250ping stop the whine. stancel has 400 ping. where are you from emu why you have such good pings playing on sea server. i get like 250ping on eu server and 430 on sea! I'm in Saskatchewan. For whatever reason I get great ping, no idea why. I mean my internet is decent so that's probably why. When I used to play the KR server in SC2 I got around 180-220. 200 average I guess. Any yeah on EUW I get arond 150-180 depending on time. | ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
| ||
|
BurningSera
Ireland19621 Posts
I bet my left nut on that is what really happened. | ||
|
Belisarius
Australia6233 Posts
He also loves all the terrible pub invis heroes. I think he's secretly one of those guys with riki, BH and clinkz as his top 3. And a voker beat his clinkz in some parallel-universe 1v1 one day, so he swore never to revert the damage nerf. | ||
|
LuckoftheIrish
United States4791 Posts
| ||
|
RoyGBiv_13
United States1275 Posts
On October 18 2013 06:59 Belisarius wrote: Icefrog really, really hates supports this patch. He also loves all the terrible pub invis heroes. I think he's secretly one of those guys with riki, BH and clinkz as his top 3. And a voker beat his clinkz in some parallel-universe 1v1 one day, so he swore never to revert the damage nerf. I don't see how he hates supports, given that most of them got buffs while many of the carries went untouched. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
Its brutal | ||
|
Qbek
Poland12923 Posts
On October 18 2013 07:03 Sn0_Man wrote: No, this patch rapes the abilities supports have to impact the game Its brutal Pulls nerfed. "WHAT DO I DO AS SUPPORT NOW?!?!?!?" | ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
On October 18 2013 07:05 Qbek wrote: Pulls nerfed. "WHAT DO I DO AS SUPPORT NOW?!?!?!?" roam and win the game for your team. | ||
|
Mataza
Germany5364 Posts
edit: obviously not, I'm joking. | ||
|
Belisarius
Australia6233 Posts
There's a really big window of MMR where people are learning these things, and someone who's put in the effort to know how to manipulate the jungle and static a lane gets a big advantage from having done so. I really liked that, and I feel like that kind of burden-of-knowledge is a big part of dota. I think, if I'm honest, it feels like IceFrog is trying to make pro dota more like pub dota. That's nice, but by making dota as a whole more pubby he's pushing pub dota further and further towards its worst aspects. We get more and stronger riki/BH/huskar pickers, more feeding-into-10min-godlike, more terrifying ganking mids, all of that junk. The obs change did the same thing, because it made it much easier for snowball mids to gank when they were already the scariest thing in a pub game. It makes me sad. | ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
tranq are broken again, obs wards last longer, sentries are easier to place without fucking up ur own camp, faster passive gold. does it really take that much effort to learn how to pull.... takes no time since all the work is done for you by other people and all you have to do is practise a bit yourself | ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
Supports don't have to sit in the jungle and masturbate anymore. Their roaming is so much fucking better | ||
|
RoyGBiv_13
United States1275 Posts
On October 18 2013 07:09 Belisarius wrote: I think the real problem I have with it is that it really screws over the people who've actually put in the work to learn the minutiae of the jungle and lane mechanics. There's a really big window of MMR where people are learning these things, and someone who's put in the effort to know how to manipulate the jungle and static a lane gets a big advantage from having done so. I really liked that, and I feel like that kind of burden-of-knowledge is a big part of dota. I think, if I'm honest, it feels like IceFrog is trying to make pro dota more like pub dota. That's nice, but by making dota as a whole more pubby he's pushing pub dota further and further towards its worst aspects. We get more and stronger riki/BH/huskar pickers, more feeding-into-10min-godlike, more terrifying ganking mids, all of that junk. The obs change did the same thing, because it made it much easier for snowball mids to gank when they were already the scariest thing in a pub game. It makes me sad. The ability to stack the jungle and pull to control lane position still exists. The effort gone into learning those mechanics remains valid, but now the specific strategy of stacking and pulling to deny creeps has been nerfed. PS. I really agree with you that there is an enormous MMR window where this skill in particular is what defines how well people know the game. | ||
| ||

![[image loading]](http://i.imgur.com/BHt2eKl.jpg)