• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7214 users

General Discussion - Page 4134

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
October 16 2013 05:12 GMT
#82661
On October 16 2013 14:08 blobrus wrote:
Just saw a Razor static link so much damage from OD that ODs damage was negative. What would his attacks do? Like do they heal the other team or just do no damage?

no damage
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
October 16 2013 05:40 GMT
#82662
Had a match where everyone but myself were chinese (and they were speaking in chinese mic entire time). Usually when I am the only one not speaking the same language, things go badly. But surprisingly the match went well and I had a blast. It was one of those matches where even if we had lost, I would have been happy with it.

yay for fun matches. Also on side note, very enjoyable that even behind a language barrier; we can still be in sync with each other.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 16 2013 05:42 GMT
#82663
The amount of games in the US servers where I get a 4 stack of guys speaking Chinese through the in-game chat is crazy. I have no problem with it at all, I'm just shocked at how often it happens. I guess there are a ton of Chinese kids going to uni in the US/Canada who probably love Dota 2.
Administrator
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
October 16 2013 05:42 GMT
#82664
On October 16 2013 14:40 Nilrem wrote:
Had a match where everyone but myself were chinese (and they were speaking in chinese mic entire time). Usually when I am the only one not speaking the same language, things go badly. But surprisingly the match went well and I had a blast. It was one of those matches where even if we had lost, I would have been happy with it.

yay for fun matches. Also on side note, very enjoyable that even behind a language barrier; we can still be in sync with each other.

I can tell you right now, that almost all chinese players i met were definitely better players & pretty fun. Afterall, they took the effort to get DOTA2 in China.

Except that one chinese radiance Omni that i met.

I actually like playing with China people on SEA server over anyone else.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
October 16 2013 05:50 GMT
#82665
On October 16 2013 14:42 Mithhaike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 14:40 Nilrem wrote:
Had a match where everyone but myself were chinese (and they were speaking in chinese mic entire time). Usually when I am the only one not speaking the same language, things go badly. But surprisingly the match went well and I had a blast. It was one of those matches where even if we had lost, I would have been happy with it.

yay for fun matches. Also on side note, very enjoyable that even behind a language barrier; we can still be in sync with each other.

I can tell you right now, that almost all chinese players i met were definitely better players & pretty fun. Afterall, they took the effort to get DOTA2 in China.

Except that one chinese radiance Omni that i met.

I actually like playing with China people on SEA server over anyone else.


I sort of have to agree. I do not want to gloss over regions saying one tends to be more BM than others but when able, I prefer playing with chinese or other from SEA. Funny thing is, one of the players name was "Chinese dotaer打辅助的屠夫", I thought the name was pretty subtle.

It does make me want to play on SEA more often but ping at times, it can be brutal. Then again, reminds me of playing Starcraft against those in Korea.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 16 2013 05:56 GMT
#82666
The only problem with chinese 4 stacks on the US server is that I'm never sure if they are secretly flaming me
Administrator
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 16 2013 06:08 GMT
#82667
I can confirm chinese kids that love dota
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 16 2013 06:11 GMT
#82668
On October 16 2013 14:56 TheEmulator wrote:
The only problem with chinese 4 stacks on the US server is that I'm never sure if they are secretly flaming me


Or one of the bot stacks, there are stacks of 3-5 bots that act really weird who always have chinese nicks that show up once and a while.
Daozzt
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1263 Posts
October 16 2013 06:29 GMT
#82669
On October 16 2013 14:42 TheEmulator wrote:
The amount of games in the US servers where I get a 4 stack of guys speaking Chinese through the in-game chat is crazy. I have no problem with it at all, I'm just shocked at how often it happens. I guess there are a ton of Chinese kids going to uni in the US/Canada who probably love Dota 2.


If you solo queue late night USW you'll get 4 stack Chinese dudes half the time. If you solo queue during the afternoon on USE you get BR's instead.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 16 2013 06:32 GMT
#82670
On October 16 2013 13:07 Mithhaike wrote:
I personally dont have a hero with more than 30games haha. since we're in the business of posting dotabuff.

http://dotabuff.com/players/69439591

I have around the same number of games and don't even have 10. :D

http://dotabuff.com/players/65055068

#randomgoldforlife
super gg
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 16 2013 06:45 GMT
#82671
On October 16 2013 14:08 blobrus wrote:
Just saw a Razor static link so much damage from OD that ODs damage was negative. What would his attacks do? Like do they heal the other team or just do no damage?

no damage
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
October 16 2013 07:11 GMT
#82672
Do you guys think we'll get a custom maps section when custom maps drop or will there not be enough need?
r_con
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States824 Posts
October 16 2013 07:22 GMT
#82673
played the hardest tinker game...... sb/ pudge, naix, np, and earthshaker, was scared shitless to split push. i thought once i got my linkens id be fine, nope, fuck that shadowblade pudge, shadowblade prophet with naix inside.... blinking earthshaker... i died.... alot.... we still won, but damn, atleast i can scout around with treants with np, tinker is like np on hard mode.
Flash Fan!
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
October 16 2013 08:04 GMT
#82674
Storm still scares me more than anything on rat dota heroes unless he gets underfarmed early.
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-16 09:07:52
October 16 2013 09:06 GMT
#82675
On October 16 2013 16:22 r_con wrote:
played the hardest tinker game...... sb/ pudge, naix, np, and earthshaker, was scared shitless to split push. i thought once i got my linkens id be fine, nope, fuck that shadowblade pudge, shadowblade prophet with naix inside.... blinking earthshaker... i died.... alot.... we still won, but damn, atleast i can scout around with treants with np, tinker is like np on hard mode.

I can't tell from your post if you know this but the way you play tinker is usually you immediately blink into the tree line as you port into the lane and than spam your march so it's a lot safer than np imo.
playing a really good tinker is hardmode in general tho
Cackle™
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
October 16 2013 09:10 GMT
#82676
I get the 4 chinese stack on Eu West time to time too. Half the time they are like 300+ ms owning shit up too which is hilarious.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 16 2013 09:27 GMT
#82677
On October 16 2013 18:06 TheKefka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 16:22 r_con wrote:
played the hardest tinker game...... sb/ pudge, naix, np, and earthshaker, was scared shitless to split push. i thought once i got my linkens id be fine, nope, fuck that shadowblade pudge, shadowblade prophet with naix inside.... blinking earthshaker... i died.... alot.... we still won, but damn, atleast i can scout around with treants with np, tinker is like np on hard mode.

I can't tell from your post if you know this but the way you play tinker is usually you immediately blink into the tree line as you port into the lane and than spam your march so it's a lot safer than np imo.
playing a really good tinker is hardmode in general tho


I made a Tinker very sad the other day as Timbersaw. He was doing that trick to us and did it right in front of our Druid as if teasing him. I TPd in and just clear-cut the whole forest around him and then he had to deal with an angry bear.


Personally I like playing Tinker. Its one of those heroes where I always feel like I can have an impact regardless of how well my team is doing. Although I don't feel like I can outright win the game if I can just get a key item (unlike Void, where if I get a farming item up I'm generally pretty confident I can drag my team kicking and screaming to a win) but maybe that'll come with practice.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
October 16 2013 10:09 GMT
#82678
I feel like playing piano when I play 6 slotted tinker.
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
October 16 2013 10:23 GMT
#82679
Whats wrong with the aus servers
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
October 16 2013 10:28 GMT
#82680


Orange is back. Still no ChuaN...
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Prev 1 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft431
RuFF_SC2 158
Nina 91
-ZergGirl 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2289
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto20
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1162
taco 405
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Other Games
summit1g8280
JimRising 679
Day[9].tv500
C9.Mang0343
WinterStarcraft261
ViBE174
Maynarde148
Livibee140
Sick135
ArmadaUGS31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick982
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 12
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv500
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 52m
Stellar Fest
9h 52m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.