|
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On October 16 2013 06:53 Shaella wrote: what the fuck is this scrub shit. sub 50% winrates?
step it up guys, god, why can't you be a raging tryhard like me who the fuck said i didnt tryhard?
|
On October 16 2013 06:53 Shaella wrote: what the fuck is this scrub shit. sub 50% winrates?
step it up guys, god, why can't you be a raging tryhard like me http://dotabuff.com/players/110335492 My Mangix brings all the boys to the yard~~
|
|
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On October 16 2013 07:05 teddyoojo wrote: is it bragging time or why are ppl posting their dotabuffs
I made an oopsie
|
On October 16 2013 06:11 Cervidaez wrote: One of the things that actually draw me back to LoL is the stale role meta. It's easy to understand how things play and everybody's functions, but in Dota 2 (specially when in -AP) it always seems so chaotic, and with the whole hero pool available I have problems deciding what to play.
I guess I have yet to get used to it.
That's exactly the fun part of dota 
Hardlane PA/Jug/Kunkka/Sniper, roamer Viper, support Riki. or the odd moment when nobody wants mid (and i got Tide), hell yeah mid Tide was so awesome.
|
On October 16 2013 06:51 JoeCool wrote:I´ve played countless hours of LoL and DOTA 2 and still do not have a single clue how these moba games work. Even after reading guides, watching streams and playing myself. There is absolutely no sign of improvement... Almost every other player rapes me no matter which hero I pick. Is there any advide you guys can give me? I don´t need guides that tell me what a lane is, or why I have to last hit. I need somthing to understand the "deeper" mechanics of these games. When to pick which hero, when to buy which item and so on... Also, I don´t like most hero guides because I have no idea why they recommend which item and what happens if I meet some counterchamp.
At lower levels being familiar with your hero is as or more important than basically anything else. A player playing puck with an intimate understanding of what the hero can do and what situations it can get in to and back out of will likely fare better than someone playing a hero for the first time, but with a more advanced knowledge of when to push, better understanding of matchups etc.
Trying to go right for understanding the game as a whole without understanding the part of the game you directly control is like trying to understand a philisophical text without first knowing what all the words mean.
Though basic concepts such as "Don't feed/die" and "holla holla get dolla" still apply.
+ Show Spoiler +http://dotabuff.com/players/49667080
Positive winrate overall, negative winrate on my most played heroes. Wait, what was I saying again?
|
shouldnt brag with that :p
|
28103 Posts
inb4 Kollin posts his 75 percent winrate 1K game account.
|
On October 16 2013 07:13 Erasme wrote:shouldnt brag with that :p 1v1 i own you 420noscope
|
28103 Posts
If it wasn't for that crappy 47 percent invoker teddy would have a legit winrate.
|
On October 16 2013 07:18 TheEmulator wrote: If it wasn't for that crappy 47 percent invoker teddy would have a legit winrate. Shit, seems like a good invoker WR to me.
|
On October 16 2013 06:51 JoeCool wrote:I´ve played countless hours of LoL and DOTA 2 and still do not have a single clue how these moba games work. Even after reading guides, watching streams and playing myself. There is absolutely no sign of improvement... Almost every other player rapes me no matter which hero I pick. Is there any advide you guys can give me? I don´t need guides that tell me what a lane is, or why I have to last hit. I need somthing to understand the "deeper" mechanics of these games. When to pick which hero, when to buy which item and so on... Also, I don´t like most hero guides because I have no idea why they recommend which item and what happens if I meet some counterchamp.
Pub perspective naturally: imho.. all of that really doesn't matter. Figuring out the right time for a hero, or situational item picks is some advanced level shit. My only strategy is trying to maximize my team's farm. That simple view let me get into relatively high skill (I want to say 99th percentile but I don't know how accurate that DBR thing was). On occasion I stray from it, and focus on particular strategies like early push, practicing offensive tris, getting dagon-eblade on everyone,etc. They all have three things in common: -they are really fun to learn -they probably make me understand small aspects of the game a little better -and also they tend to lose me games (mostly because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing)
Eventually I go back to focusing on the maximing-farm aspect, and wham-bam, I'm winning again. This doesn't mean mindlessly ricing, but just look at the 6 big resources on the map: -3 lanes -2 jungles -1 enemy team
And figure out how you can get the most gold for your whole team out of it.
I just view gold as the backbone of everything. It's like macro in starcraft. Does it really matter what you build or how you build it, as long as you have enough of it? Not til GM level it doesn't.
|
On October 16 2013 07:16 teddyoojo wrote:1v1 i own you 420noscope k fite me
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On October 16 2013 07:16 teddyoojo wrote:1v1 i own you 420noscope do this.
|
On October 16 2013 07:23 Erasme wrote:Show nested quote +On October 16 2013 07:16 teddyoojo wrote:On October 16 2013 07:13 Erasme wrote:shouldnt brag with that :p 1v1 i own you 420noscope k fite me tmrrw after school
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On October 16 2013 07:25 teddyoojo wrote:Show nested quote +On October 16 2013 07:23 Erasme wrote:On October 16 2013 07:16 teddyoojo wrote:On October 16 2013 07:13 Erasme wrote:shouldnt brag with that :p 1v1 i own you 420noscope k fite me tmrrw after school if u doj
|
|
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
|
|
|
k god with the 4.20 kda smoke weed everyday
|
|
|
|
|
|