• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8565 users

General Discussion - Page 4130

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:27:18
October 15 2013 21:26 GMT
#82581
On October 16 2013 06:25 aintz wrote:
why you hide your loss and abandones huh.


976 losses
21 abandons

I used the same image on Twitter, so I hid it there ^^

On October 16 2013 06:26 Sn0_Man wrote:
Well Torte's won more dota than I have lol Grats. Dat pudge win.

Also did you delete your losses/abandons? You shy guy you.


yeah, I have no life; it's a tough competition out there ):

MSPaint, take color tool thing, fill in white boxes!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
October 15 2013 21:26 GMT
#82582
On October 16 2013 06:11 Cervidaez wrote:
One of the things that actually draw me back to LoL is the stale role meta. It's easy to understand how things play and everybody's functions, but in Dota 2 (specially when in -AP) it always seems so chaotic, and with the whole hero pool available I have problems deciding what to play.

I guess I have yet to get used to it.


To each his own. I left LoL mostly because I grew bored of the mechanics, but the stale meta played a part as well. Embrace the -AP chaos! Press that random button!
Bora Pain minha porra!
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 15 2013 21:27 GMT
#82583
Well, at least Torte has a good taste in heroes to highlight.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 15 2013 21:27 GMT
#82584
Over 50% winrate what a professional player Torte is XD

Got a win with every hero yet?
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:29:53
October 15 2013 21:27 GMT
#82585
Show us your WR Torte!

/e nvm
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:30:25
October 15 2013 21:29 GMT
#82586
I ain't ashamed of my losses!!!! my w/r is pretty average though

and ya, I picked op heroes rofl

[image loading]

On October 16 2013 06:27 Sn0_Man wrote:
Over 50% winrate what a professional player Torte is XD

Got a win with every hero yet?


Nah, I still haven't embraced invoker yet and I haven't won as silencer either

I'm 1/8 anti-mage
5/18 Meepo

so I really suck
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:29:51
October 15 2013 21:29 GMT
#82587
Also Fnatic's safelane pugna results in sub-15 minute throne due to sick push (admittedly along with chen and lone druid). NB confirmed shikyo-level theorycrafter
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HOMEMdoGAS
Profile Joined October 2012
Portugal1418 Posts
October 15 2013 21:31 GMT
#82588
On October 16 2013 06:29 Sn0_Man wrote:
Also Fnatic's safelane pugna results in sub-15 minute throne due to sick push (admittedly along with chen and lone druid). NB confirmed shikyo-level theorycrafter



i dont know who are u talking about but fnatic run this lineup with rhasta instead of venge, a week ago maybe because this happened in ti3: http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/72179-dk-vs-fnatic-eu it took about the same time this game did
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
October 15 2013 21:32 GMT
#82589
On October 16 2013 06:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
I ain't ashamed of my losses!!!! my w/r is pretty average though

and ya, I picked op heroes rofl


better than my 48%
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:33:26
October 15 2013 21:33 GMT
#82590
On October 16 2013 06:26 Sbrubbles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 06:11 Cervidaez wrote:
One of the things that actually draw me back to LoL is the stale role meta. It's easy to understand how things play and everybody's functions, but in Dota 2 (specially when in -AP) it always seems so chaotic, and with the whole hero pool available I have problems deciding what to play.

I guess I have yet to get used to it.


To each his own. I left LoL mostly because I grew bored of the mechanics, but the stale meta played a part as well. Embrace the -AP chaos! Press that random button!


I played a bit LoL back before Season 1 and I play it now a bit during work and I feel the unchanging lanes (always solo top, mid, jungle) is reassuring when you first start out, but it also is very limited when you want to start trying other stuff. Since solo top and mid are always called, newer people will never get to play those areas unless they want to be assholes and play them anyways (and I try to avoid that sometimes).

While I don't mind playing Alistar every freakin' game, sometimes I'd like to get a more glorious role. LoL has a pretty cool way of making all characters sort of "killers" to avoid relegating people into just being pure support unless they pick characters that are purely that.

Otherwise, you generally have a sick stun and a good damage dealer one way or another.

That's kind of nice (:

On October 16 2013 06:32 Targe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 06:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
I ain't ashamed of my losses!!!! my w/r is pretty average though

and ya, I picked op heroes rofl


better than my 48%


NEVER GIVE UP!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:36:45
October 15 2013 21:35 GMT
#82591
[QUOTE]On October 16 2013 06:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
[QUOTE]On October 16 2013 06:26 Sbrubbles wrote:
[QUOTE]On October 16 2013 06:11 Cervidaez wrote:
[QUOTE]On October 16 2013 06:32 Targe wrote:
[QUOTE]On October 16 2013 06:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
I ain't ashamed of my losses!!!! my w/r is pretty average though

and ya, I picked op heroes rofl

[/QUOTE]
better than my 48%[/QUOTE]

NEVER GIVE UP![/QUOTE]

Game is hard
[url=http://dotabuff.com/players/63632922]http://dotabuff.com/players/63632922[/url]

/edit as is bbcode
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:37:29
October 15 2013 21:37 GMT
#82592
Best BBCode EU

EDIT: nice edit lmao
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 15 2013 21:37 GMT
#82593
On October 16 2013 06:35 Targe wrote:


Game is hard
http://dotabuff.com/players/63632922

/edit as is bbcode


wtf Meepo most played?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 15 2013 21:38 GMT
#82594
On October 16 2013 06:37 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 06:35 Targe wrote:
Game is hard
http://dotabuff.com/players/63632922

/edit as is bbcode


wtf Meepo most played?

Starcraft players man I tell you.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
October 15 2013 21:41 GMT
#82595
On October 16 2013 06:37 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2013 06:35 Targe wrote:


Game is hard
http://dotabuff.com/players/63632922

/edit as is bbcode


wtf Meepo most played?

rofl its not exactly a good wr
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
October 15 2013 21:51 GMT
#82596
I´ve played countless hours of LoL and DOTA 2 and still do not have a single clue how these moba games work. Even after reading guides, watching streams and playing myself. There is absolutely no sign of improvement... Almost every other player rapes me no matter which hero I pick.
Is there any advide you guys can give me? I don´t need guides that tell me what a lane is, or why I have to last hit. I need somthing to understand the "deeper" mechanics of these games. When to pick which hero, when to buy which item and so on... Also, I don´t like most hero guides because I have no idea why they recommend which item and what happens if I meet some counterchamp.
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:53:22
October 15 2013 21:53 GMT
#82597
what the fuck is this scrub shit. sub 50% winrates?

step it up guys, god, why can't you be a raging tryhard like me
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 22:01:30
October 15 2013 21:57 GMT
#82598
On October 16 2013 06:51 JoeCool wrote:
I´ve played countless hours of LoL and DOTA 2 and still do not have a single clue how these moba games work. Even after reading guides, watching streams and playing myself. There is absolutely no sign of improvement... Almost every other player rapes me no matter which hero I pick.
Is there any advide you guys can give me? I don´t need guides that tell me what a lane is, or why I have to last hit. I need somthing to understand the "deeper" mechanics of these games. When to pick which hero, when to buy which item and so on... Also, I don´t like most hero guides because I have no idea why they recommend which item and what happens if I meet some counterchamp.

Well I don't have anything foolproof but I think something like "Really think about each action you take" might be best. If you are farming, think about "how can I farm more efficiently?". Often farming more efficiently might include stacking a camp before killing it, or if you have AOE abilities (like beastmaster axes) use them to hit 2 camps at once. Etc. When not farming, think about where you gank etc. Think about what could go wrong (What if they have a runeward? Well then you need to smoke. What if their support is nearby? Well then maybe gank a different lane). When sitting in lane as a support, figure out how to be more useful (Do I need to harass the opponent better? Maybe I should try wrapping around. Maybe I should just pull for an XP advantage. Think about the advantages of stacking and pulling versus trying to support the lane. Can your carry lasthit without you?). There are far too many different things involved, but I think being creative and trying new things is a great way to progress your game. Even if they don't work, maybe some part of it was actually really valuable for future reference.

Don't approach things as "right or wrong", approach things as "How can it be better, no matter how good or bad it was". There is always a way to improve every little thing. Just keep analyzing what you do. Watching say one replay a week, maybe on 2x speed, from your own perspective might be pretty informative.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 15 2013 21:58 GMT
#82599
On October 16 2013 06:53 Shaella wrote:
what the fuck is this scrub shit. sub 50% winrates?

step it up guys, god, why can't you be a raging tryhard like me

You are .3% winrate below me scrub. Kiss my feet you bronze scum.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 21:59:49
October 15 2013 21:59 GMT
#82600
On October 16 2013 06:51 JoeCool wrote:
I´ve played countless hours of LoL and DOTA 2 and still do not have a single clue how these moba games work. Even after reading guides, watching streams and playing myself. There is absolutely no sign of improvement... Almost every other player rapes me no matter which hero I pick.
Is there any advide you guys can give me? I don´t need guides that tell me what a lane is, or why I have to last hit. I need somthing to understand the "deeper" mechanics of these games. When to pick which hero, when to buy which item and so on... Also, I don´t like most hero guides because I have no idea why they recommend which item and what happens if I meet some counterchamp.

play what you want and what you have fun with.I'm pretty sure you are not disabled in any way since you managed to make a post like that so there is no reason not to improve,just focus on something(support,carry,w/e) and play with other people that you can learn from.idk that's the best thing i can come up with
Cackle™
Prev 1 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE130
CosmosSc2 47
PiGStarcraft0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 604
Artosis 501
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever608
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5617
Other Games
summit1g7989
shahzam572
JimRising 519
C9.Mang0274
ArmadaUGS67
Trikslyr43
ZombieGrub31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen236
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
36m
PiGStarcraft0
Kung Fu Cup
11h 36m
Stellar Fest
13h 36m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.