• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8850 users

General Discussion - Page 4081

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
October 07 2013 20:02 GMT
#81601
On October 08 2013 05:01 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:46 Erasme wrote:
you're truly my disciple

I really am, except I don't like EG.

anti-EG internet highfive
리노크 👑
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
October 07 2013 20:03 GMT
#81602
Emulator, you're breaking my heart ! You're going down a path I cannot follow !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
October 07 2013 20:04 GMT
#81603
True, though if you're going for the lowest number possible then your mid should be TA, not SF.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 07 2013 20:05 GMT
#81604
Slardar is a hardcounter to lifestealer.

Proven by like 2 games I've played as slardar.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 07 2013 20:49 GMT
#81605
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 07 2013 20:57 GMT
#81606
On October 08 2013 05:49 FinestHour wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Not sure if serious or not.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Nub4ever
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1981 Posts
October 07 2013 21:13 GMT
#81607
On October 08 2013 05:49 FinestHour wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Well.... in any case -9/14/20 armor hurts quite a bit~ but that applies to most any melee carry, heck any hero overall.
Dota 3hard5me
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-07 21:15:27
October 07 2013 21:15 GMT
#81608
According to dotobuff lifestealer has a 49.49% winrate vs slardar. Clear and incontrovertible evidence that Slardar cannot ever lose to lifestealer! 51% of the time, works every time!
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 07 2013 21:16 GMT
#81609
On October 08 2013 06:15 Sn0_Man wrote:
According to dotobuff lifestealer has a 49.49% winrate vs slardar. Clear and incontrovertible evidence that Slardar cannot ever lose to lifestealer! 51% of the time, works every time!


every time without fail no chance of failure has to be true
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 07 2013 21:18 GMT
#81610
Why haven't the pros figured out that warlock has a 58+% winrate? That heroes like free wins, plus you don't even need to be good to use him (lookin at EG here). Everybody knows pub winrate is all that matters for balance!

Hue.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Gevna
Profile Joined August 2010
France2332 Posts
October 07 2013 21:57 GMT
#81611
The last time I've seen a warlock in a pro game, I'm not even sure they managed to land one ult :-/
This was really sad.
pedrlz
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil5234 Posts
October 07 2013 21:59 GMT
#81612
there is a site to see what heroes were picked by a team at this or that tournament?

I don't think I can get it from datdota. Am I wrong?
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
October 07 2013 22:08 GMT
#81613
hasn't been updated since TI3, but are you thinking of http://dota-academy.com/home/ ?
ffxiv enjoyer
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
October 07 2013 22:10 GMT
#81614
Warlock is balls-out retarded in pubs. He's worse (ie. better) than spirit breaker, as far as I'm concerned.

I also find it quite surprising that husk is down around 51%. I swear he's at like 90% when he's in my games.
pedrlz
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil5234 Posts
October 07 2013 22:12 GMT
#81615
On October 08 2013 07:08 Stancel wrote:
hasn't been updated since TI3, but are you thinking of http://dota-academy.com/home/ ?

Yes, I saw, but I would like to see SL Prelims picks, but thanks anyways
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-07 22:21:41
October 07 2013 22:18 GMT
#81616
On October 08 2013 07:10 Belisarius wrote:
Warlock is balls-out retarded in pubs. He's worse (ie. better) than spirit breaker, as far as I'm concerned.

I also find it quite surprising that husk is down around 51%. I swear he's at like 90% when he's in my games.


I've seen so many burning-spears-less builds and max regen first builds. I get the feeling that people see him played and stomping, then fixate on one aspect of it without actually understanding why he's powerful, then feeding horribly because of it. He's not like Warlock where you could actually not link before rock (I.e. have little understanding of the hero) and you'll still contribute a ton - you need to do something in the early game to get his retarded momentum to make him invincible at 15 minutes.
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
October 07 2013 22:29 GMT
#81617
I think the most refreshing feeling I've ever had in a pub game was picking up a haste rune then 1v1-ing a Huskar. Impetus of balanced my friend.

I think people have been touching on it but the reason warlock isn't picked up very much in pro games is for a few reasons, mainly:
1) Requires 2-3 position for at least 8 minutes (need them core items)
2) Heavily ult-dependant (similar to why tide is rarely picked except by mlg-yolo-demon-dota)
3) Counterpicked by many popular popular picks, the counter being burst-heavy blink initiators (puck, qop, storm)

I do still think he is underutilized but is best spent as a last-pick. I bet Kaipi will pull some mid-lane warlock, offlane storm shenanigans. But not at the + Show Spoiler +
EMS One Lan
that's for sure.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
October 07 2013 22:30 GMT
#81618
I dunno, a Warlock without core items still works wonders with a single Rock drop.

The real problem is that he's absolutely god awful from level 1-5.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-07 22:55:34
October 07 2013 22:48 GMT
#81619
wtf what ahppened to pause
just in a game u could instantly unpause (i mean without delay or countdown)
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
October 07 2013 23:03 GMT
#81620
On October 08 2013 07:30 WolfintheSheep wrote:
I dunno, a Warlock without core items still works wonders with a single Rock drop.

The real problem is that he's absolutely god awful from level 1-5.


I do agree, he is just bad pre-6.

The reason I believe he needs a core item or two is that he HAS to survive getting initiated on/targeted immediately so he can drop the rock. A single rock-drop will crush a team fight but I know if there is an enemy warlock on the other team, I am killing the fuck out of them before they get the chance to rock me like a hurricane.

In contrast, a single non-dropped rock will generally cost the team a teamfight. If you are drafting a warlock in your lineup, you do need to draft around him. He can't fit into any lineup (like a naga/visage or if we talk 2-3s, a lifestealer, prophet, darkseer, clock). So when you include him in your draft, you need to make up for his drawbacks. If you have an underfarmed warlock lvl 7 @20min, he won't get the chance to drop a rock before getting obliterated by the enemy initiator/play-maker.

I still think he is underused. The rock stun going through BKB is a pretty big deal that a lot of teams underestimate IMO. It is just so hard to draft him because you almost need to give up another great initiator like puck or storm. Also, he can mid well (though he is susceptible to ganks) but I don't think he outright dominates.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
Prev 1 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 258
ProTech149
UpATreeSC 51
Codebar 26
Rex 10
TKL 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1480
Shuttle 1264
EffOrt 600
BeSt 478
Mini 343
ggaemo 328
Stork 278
firebathero 201
Light 194
Rush 137
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 87
Barracks 86
Sea.KH 66
Zeus 61
910 54
Killer 54
Shine 49
Shinee 46
Hyun 45
sorry 44
Mong 42
ToSsGirL 26
soO 25
Aegong 25
Bale 24
Sexy 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
Trap 10
yabsab 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4149
Dendi2177
BananaSlamJamma403
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 677
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi1799
hiko1223
B2W.Neo954
Lowko342
Liquid`VortiX235
Sick182
ArmadaUGS166
Trikslyr40
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream529
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile125
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2379
• Jankos2130
• TFBlade840
Other Games
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.